Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

ROSY MAPLE
Lemon blossom, vanilla bean, huckleberry, sweet pea, rose sugar, acai berry, and candyfloss.

This was really sweet and nice. When I was first sniffing it...... I was thinking to myself.....what does this remind me of? After a bit, it hit me, this kept reminding me of the honeyed peach note in Josie. Even though there isn't honey or peach in it. It has this really ripe fruit note that stayed strong for a long while. Definitely a keeper.

This is one of the three blends of the Metamorphosis that ended up moving onto a full skin test for me, which I'll hopefully be doing later on. This was all acai and huckleberry and candyfloss with a bit of the vanilla bean and sugar underneath, just absolutely juicy and delectable. Going onto a second skin test tomorrow, and will probably end up being a keeper. Ends up being even more lovely on the full skin test, and a definite keeper.

Edited by Venneh

Hands down the PRETTIEST label I've ever seen!

Getting lots of sweet pea and cotton candy, it settles into a slightly creamy, acai berry (reminds me of Australian Copperhead!), tart, sweet pea cotton candy scent, with a hint of lemon blossom in the background. I find it surprisingly complex. It takes me back a little to my younger years when I used to wear the B&BW Sweet Pea line. Just lovely!

Please forgive me if this review isn't very good.. It's my first! I absolutely love this! On my skin this smells like a mouth-watering berry lemonade. There is no plastic, no fake berry scent, no green note and thankfully no rose. What I do get is some sugar, an assortment of berries, perfect tart lemonade and then some nice smooth vanilla in the late dry down. This is a perfect summer scent. Just what I have been looking for!!!

Edited by Stephanielynn

Yummy sweet berry candy! Huckleberry and candyfloss, backed by vanilla bean, seem to be the stars of the show. I think the acai helps keep this a true berry scent, rather than a wierd, fake berry. I also get a hint of the sweet pea from Mouse's Long...Tale. Not sure I smell the lemon blossom or rose sugar. Overall a really lovely blend, sweet and innocent. I will enjoy wearing this!

This is so delightful! I'm not sure if I can pick out all the individual notes, I just know that it smells sweet and girly. But, I do definitely smell the rose sugar note. It actually reminds me of my bottle of Pink Phoenix, if Pink Phoenix were a little girl. It has great throw for me too. Makes me smile and feel happy everytime I catch a whiff. This is a real keeper and totally lives up to my expectations. Love!

Rosy Maple

Rather than smelling like a particular type of candy, Rosy Maple reminds me of walking into a candy shop. Sugared vanilla, with wafts of fruity sweetness coming from all directions. It's juicy! I could smell the sweet pea in the bottle but it's retreated now.

As it dries the fruits fade somewhat, leaving sugary vanilla. This is a really cheerful blend!

Sweetness, just pure sweet delectableness. While there was a subtle blend of different notes in the bottle, on the dry down I get almost pure sweat pea and cotton candy. I thought Skytyping with Chemtrails was candy like, but this one really amps up the sugars. I don't get much berry or lemon at all, maybe a hint of vanilla.

First applied I get the candyfloss and possibly rose sugar? I dunno. It's really sweet and pink to me. Lemon blosssom joins just as fast though and there is a bit of a floral element that lightens it up. I really like this part. It's pretty and sweet and light and summery.

Then, I dunno what happens, but I can tell you that Rosy Maple? She's maple honey. The blend goes sugary syrup. Thick and yeah...mapley. The lighter elements disappear on me.

I. LOVE. THIS.

I knew I would...not only because of the notes, but also because I have a particular fondness for these moths.

This is the perfect representation of them...it actually *smells* yellow and pink. Like pink lemonade. Tart, sweet and juicy and fabulous for summer. It's very, very strongly sweet and tart at first (which is awesome), and then the candy floss starts to peek out and soften things up again.

A definite keeper, and backup bottles will be needed. ASAP.

Love this! has the same sweet sugary feel at Candy Phoenix. The sweet pea and Lemon sort of combine in a way that has a watermelon scent to it.

WOW! I liked this way more than I thought I would because I amp sweet pea like it's my job. I didn't get any hints of overly sugared rose or candyfloss but I do get a nice whiff of the vanilla and lemon and my, this is a sweet, fun scent. I don't know if I would wear it to work, but it's a great summer scent and I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not usually a foodie-sweet wearer and I might just dab this on during the weekends. 4/5

Of all the recent fluttery things, I was looking forward to Rosy Maple the most. But somehow, this turns into straight-up plumeria on my skin. As in Yankee Candle Plumeria. So sad.

eta: Okay, I'm trying again, and this time I'm not getting candle (yay!), but I am getting Bath & Body Works Sweet Pea (boo!). Maybe I should put this away and try it again in a few weeks.

Edited by Leopard403

On me this is mostly sweet pea with candied fruit (berry?). Very pretty, but not something I can see wearing as a perfume.

For people who like the brighter, sweeter scents, this is a must have.

Sweet pea is the most prominent note here, but the huckleberry isn't far behind (shades of Jester!), and the longer this dries the more the candy/sugar is amping. I'm not wild about sweet pea on its own but this is getting better and better. Very candylike and sweet, but not overwhelmingly so. I love Jester but have found it to be a bit too sweet to wear and this therefore may be my way to finally wear huckleberry!

And I get a Candy Phoenix vibe from this too, although it's lighter (Candy Phoenix on me will clear a room!) and not as in-your-face. Nice!

Rosy Maple - This makes me think of pink lemonade. The lemon blossom blends with the sugar and vanilla to become a sweet, creamy lemon without any of the tartness (or Pledge-iness) of actual lemon perfume oil. Then add the huckleberry (and acai berry?) and candyfloss, and you've totally got a recipe for pink lemonade in perfume oil form. I'm also thrilled to report that while other reviewers note the strong presence of sweet pea, I do not at all, which is awesome since sweet pea is a deal-breaker for me, as it never fails to turn soapy on my skin. There's no soapiness at all in this scent. There is something -- vanilla bean is the most likely culprit -- that takes on a hint of dustiness when I sniff my skin up close. So instead, I don't sniff my skin up close. :D The scent wafting around me is very girly, very pretty, very sweet, very summery, very feminine, and soooo pretty. It's pink lemonade. Mmmm... delicious! :yum:

Candy like whoa.

I agree with the comparison to Candy Phoenix, this is a very bright pink sugar blend.

It's almost sparkly, and it reminds me a little of Treat #1's "crushed hard candies" -- it sort of has a crystalline edge to it. The color that strikes me here is a vivid purplish pink, tart candy. If you like candied scents, definitely give this one a try! Although Treat #1 is my go-to when I want to smell like hard candy, this is a nice scent in that family if that's what you're into.

This smells like so much candy it could make my teeth ache. Big poofy clouds of cotton candy and a vanilla haze with just a hint of sweet tarts underneath - much like walking into a candy store. I love sweet pea and sadly I'm not getting any of it here.

Imp: Holy cow sweet fruit! Definitely getting the huckleberry, the candyfloss/sugar, and the sweet pea. Intriguing.

Wet: The sweet pea shoves its way to the front, perching atop the tart berries and the lemon blossom.

Drydown: Sweet pea heavy, other sweet things lurking behind. I close my eyes and I see clouds of pink trimmed with lace. Very sweet, very feminine.

This smells like a shampoo I used when I was little... I think it was called "strawberry rain" or something like that. I like it, 'cause it's light and pink-fruity and 'cause it's a little nostalgic for me. :)

In the bottle: CANDYFLOSS YUM. Sugar explosion with some lemon.

Immediately after application: Sugary with a hint of lemon and a bit of the florals and some creaminess from the vanilla. Gorgeous.

Warming up: Sugary vanilla with a hint of florals. The lemon made a run for it. I was a little afraid I'd amp the rose to crazy rose territory as I so often do with rose but so far it's stayed a lovely background note adding depth to the vanilla-candyfloss. I LOVE THIS BLEND.

Fading: Sugary vanilla!

Faded: Still sugary vanilla wonderfulness ^_^

Overall: This blend is LOVE for me. I will absolutely be buying a bottle!

Everytime I open the decant I smell watermelon! Maybe it's the combination of notes which makes it smell like this and it vanishes as soon as it hits my skin (and now I need to search scents with watermelon!)

When it's fresh on my skin it's very sugary with hints of the acai berry and huckleberry.

Dried down it's mostly candyfloss and sweet pea and it smells wonderful!!

I'm glad this smells so awesome, because the moth is so cute! Definitely a candidate for a bottle-purchase.

In the bottle- pure grapefruit candy. Seriously, I wanna drink this

Wet- the grapefruit goes away as soon as it touched my skin. This one was a definite morpher. At first, it totally disappears. Then, pure sweet pea. About a half an hour later, the berries come out. It smells like sweet pea and raspberry!

After about an hour and a half, it is all sugar! *kind of* like PPF, but not as "pink". A mix of the candyfloss and sugar, but I never really got rose at all. Definitely a mix of the berries, and the sugars. Maybe the berries with the lemon led me to smell grapefruit.

This one stays close to the skin for sure, but it is soooooo gooooooood!!!!!!

I agree that this definitely has the cutest label!

From the bottle I get the acai's immediate fruitiness, the sweet pea and the creaminess from the vanilla. From the skin test, more of the vanilla comes out and a sugary floral note. When dried, this is a very sweet and girly scent.