Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
hkhm

Archenemy Training Seminar & Leadership Retreat

i got this as a freebie with my latest ebay winnings from the lab.

it's a light fruit and spice scent with touches of greenery. it's hard to tell precisely as i keep making little clouds and then walking through them trying to get impressions. it's a very nice room scent, not overpowering or cloying.

Cool! I got this as a freebie with ebay stuff too!

I concur that it's lightly fruity and spicy and definitely green. Perhaps a little musk. Oakmoss or bergamot - something that reminds me of a rather "dark green" smelling bottle of Fae a got a couple of years ago (it must have been a batch variation, but I like it). A touch of mint too.

I'm very curious about the story behind this. I have no idea what it is. And I'd love to know what the notes really are, as I'm afraid my guessing might not be very accurate.

I also receved this with my eBay winnings! :)

I can definately smell the fruit (red fruits) & light spice mentionned above, but I also smell anise & greener undertones without much flowers. It's nice, but not my cup of tea, though I'm curious to what the notes will reveal!

Yay, fun freebie! :D

Before I sprayed, it smelled like black licorice. After spraying it's more minty, but now I'm thinking it's geranium, like in the Stress Relief Elixir. Really refreshing!

To my nose this seems to be a combination of buttermints and something fruity underneath; sounds bizarre but it's actually pretty pleasant. I'm wondering whether it will ever be released in a full-size bottle, because I'd definitely get one.

E-Bay frimp for me, too.

I get spearmint, honey, maybe geranium (definitely something herbal-pungent like that), and then something really odd. It got onto my skin as I stood there huffing the air, and it's behaving like white amber or black musk: round, soft, sweet.

The honey is herbal, not sweet like in Lupanar. It's more like the honey note in the Xmvlzencab bath oil and soap: dark, pungent. But definitely secondary to the green notes.

This is really interesting, and not at all what I expected from the name. I like it.

ebay frimp here as well.

i took the cap off and sniffed it and got the impression of berries, licorice and mint. although my brain pulled up images of Halls cough drops and liquid Nyquil.

very afraid, i confess that i took it outside and sprayed it...and still very medicinal. menthol-cherry-licorice or something?

Brian made this as a riff off of Ted's Citadel of Awesome room spray, and those of us who attended the C2E2 meet and sniff got samples of the spray. They had a big bag left over, so I am guessing that's how the ebay frimps came about (so I doubt we'll see this officially released, though I am of often wrong!). I sprayed this having read everyone's impressions, and yes, I think there is definitely anise in here. On the very first sniff I smelled wine, very much like that in Wanda, but it dissipates immediately. Then there's a brief flash of greenery, followed by the anise. The anise really really tingles in my nose, even after I've moved away, and it's not nearly so awful as I usually find anise, although it's still not my thing. That's fortunate, since the anise fills the room. I wonder if there's any juniper in here. There's something medicinal, almost mentholic, not exactly minty but maybe in that family. Maybe that's the geranium? I sniffed hard for honey, which is my favorite note by far, and I can get a vague impression of it. I think it's making the anise and medicinal notes more bearable for me, which it has a tendency to do (oh honey, how I love you). It isn't sweet, it's just sort of being a hall monitor and making sure everyone stays in line. I feel really fortunate to have the sample of this, thank you labbies for bringing it to the meet and sniff!

This makes me think of greenish booze notes, like a sinister cocktail party. I get the lime & mint, juniper, and anise, and my mind went straight to mojitos, gin & tonics, and absinthe. (Maybe living with a bartender is getting to me?) It's definitely a green scent, and I find it terribly relaxing and wonderful.

I absolutely adore this, but haven't dared to use more than a single spray from my tester yet. I really want to bathe my sheets in this stuff, so I desperately hope it gets released. Or at least get a chance to find out what the notes are, so I can look for similarities in existing room sprays.

There's certainly something minty here, but it is very subdued, kinda like pennyroyal. I get a blast of geranium or something similarly orange, and there's a touch of bergamot. Light bright and slightly woodsy, it's clean and refreshing.

There's definitely anise in here, and something very green, maybe pennyroyal? Not quite for me, I think.

Archenemy Training Seminar & Leadership Retreat - This is an awesome scent! :wub2: It's really, really pretty. It opens up with a blast of anise -- lots and lots of anise, followed by spearmint, which is a note I don't usually like, but I love it with the annis, go figure! There's something dark and juicy behind it -- dark berry fruits perhaps, but I'm not sure which ones, maybe blueberry? Definitely not blackberry or black currant because they both smell like cat pee to my nose and whatever's in this scent smells yummy. There's an herbal green quality to this, which I really like. Overall, it's just a really fantastic, uplifting scent.

A lovely forumite added this to a swap which was so sweet of her. :wub2: The first spray in the air, I smelled nothing, so I sprayed some on my hand. I smelled at first, the inside of a Lush store. It dried first to floral, then a minty odd (not bad but strange) herbaly smell. :eek:

I keep thinking that this smells like root beer, but not so sweet, with hints of black licorice and red cough syrup. That medicinal, bitter cough syrup gets stronger over time. There's a minty sort of coolness as well. I find it overall to be very medicinal smelling, and I wouldn't want to spray this one all over my house... it makes me think of a hospital where the doctors aren't really helping people :/ creepy and overwhelming. I think that this is the first time I've really disliked one of the bptp room spray scents (some were too floral for me, but I could still see their appeal - not so much with this one). I sprayed this on a throw pillow and had to take the pillow into the basement after an hour, because the smell was making me sick...

Edited by Little Bird