Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Queen Mab

Warrior, Trickster and Goddess of Magic and Poets, she is one of the Tuatha De Danaan and the Queen of the Faeries. A very complex scent, both shadowy and fierce: black orchid, sandalwood, night-blooming jasmine, osmanthus, Somalian rose, and Chinese musk.

Roses and jasmine on my skin. Too much floral and gives me a headache.

as i tend to do of late, i tried queen mab without first (re)reading the description. first on, i swore there was honey in this! it has the same golden, foody scent that honey notes always give me (&that usually does not sit well with my tummy). after a while, it settles into a gorgeous subtle, sweet floral. i never would have guessed there is jasmine in this either as a) everything is so well-blended that it was hard for me to single out any one note, and B) jasmine always turns badly on me (despite how much i love jasmine!), and the florals in this did no such thing. success!

i'm still a little on the fence as to whether i will keep this one or not, but - even though i know it's not actually honey - the honey scent in this is totally (&very uncharacteristically!) romancing me. not to mention the gorgeous floral drydown. we will see, but! i think we'll be friends. :)

Queen Mab was a frimp from the Lab along with a couple other florals that I'll be testing this week.

Roses, jasmine and black orchid stand out. It has a creamy sweetness, which must be the sandalwood or musk, which I love equally. This is not something I'm used to wearing, but I like how girly I feel.

I've worn this for about 2 days and 1) the scent stays true from bottle to drydown and 2) it doesn't last or it's just so light that I have to keep reapplying.

Very pretty.

In the imp and on my skin, this smells... weirdly similar to Dorian, like, Dorian with a bit more floral.

No way! I can't believe this was discontinued. I wore it today and was planning to come on here and talk about how awesome it is. I was going to say it smells almost exactly like Dreamland, which I love, and isn't it nice that it's easier to find than Dreamland! I guess that is no longer true. But I will cherish my imp, because it smells like sweet, honeyed flowers, like I'm in a garden or a greenhouse or something. It's so romantic and old-fashioned; I adore it. It's not very strong; honestly, I think when I smell my wrist, the smell of my chapstick overpowers it. I think it might give me a headache if it were stronger though -- as it is, it's light and sweet, yet womanly. I wish I had it with me so I could reapply.

This is really nice. Not exactly me- it's very thin and sort of a dainty floral, not what I would expect given the title. I like it but wouldn't wear it much, gave it to a friend. It's well blended, and I think it would smell great on the right person.

A well-blended floral, spicy scent. I even get a little plum which I think is from the osmanthus. It doesn't morph a lot on me though the sandlawood lessens slightly as it dries down.

In bottle: Rose, with an almost fruity, berry quality to it, and sandalwood.

Wet: Almost all sandalwood, but not in an overpowering way; just a soft, dry, woody scent, backed up mixed florals.

Dry: Rose and sandalwood are by far the dominant scents. But unlike Baghdad, which is dried rose stored in a sandalwood chest, this is juicy, fresh rose with just a hint of smoke and spice from the sandalwood. There’s an old-fashioned quality to it, like something your grandma might wear, but only if she was an active, hip sort of grandma. I quite like it, and think it would make a great everyday sort of scent – nothing surprising, nothing attention-attracting, just pleasant and nice.