Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

BRIGHT FORTUNE
An all purpose luck and happiness blend.

Review for scent:

It's a juicy mouth-watering scent. Smells like juicy green melons with a hint of cucumber and citrus. The best retail example I can think of is the Cucumber Melon scent from Bath and Body Works - only Bright Fortune smells a thousand times better than that. Cucumber Melon is half melon and half cucumber with a slightly artificial tinge, whereas Bright Fortune is freshly made melon juice with a splash of cucumber and citrus.

Maybe it's because the scent reminds me of breezy summer day, but there's definitely a bright and uplifting aspect to this blend.

Scent-wise, Bright Fortune is a funny creature. When I first opened the bottle and used it, I got a strong astringent smell with some citrus peeking out underneath. The next day, it transformed into juicy melon with notes of lemon.

I've used it twice. The first time I burned it on a candle for general luck, and I found $10 on the sidewalk that day. I didn't notice any other effects.

The second time I used it, I was exhausted and still had to entertain a houseguest. I anointed my palms with it and charged it to help me enjoy the night rather than be worn out and cranky. I did enjoy the night, though who can say if it was the Bright Fortune or not?

I'm going to keep playing with this and see how it works best. Will update with more results.

For those who care a lot about how their ritual oils smell:

lemon-lime soda. XD straight up.

I don't get any melon or cucumber from this but it is a very fizzy and sweet, happy and bright. It's pretty much what I imagined Geek Goth to smell like, only more cheerful.

I'll have to edit later with a review of efficacy and how this works out being used with intention.

For now, I'll just say that maybe it is the Alchemy, and maybe it is the scent-memory association with highly-caffeinated Mountain Dew, but it is nearly impossible to smell this sparkling citrus blend and not feel perkier.

I have been using this when I want to make sure everything goes smoothly at work (which is always). It works great and puts me in a great mood too!

I do find it very melony, and cheerful. I quite enjoy having this one in my collection!

Oh man, I totally forgot to review this one. Bright Fortune to me was bright and cheery, and melony.

And we didn't get along. At least, not really. I sort of felt like two people on a date that are trying too hard to like each other because everything in your dating profile says that should. I tried it a few times and we never seemed to gel, I think. I much prefer Tyche's Kiss for the luck part, and for the overall cheeriness, I'd pick Sunlight.