Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

Paypal really is easier and less headache inducing overall.

I was placing an order for Beaver Moon and 2 imps.I went and did the CC Now thingy,went to pay and my computer hung due to a rain storm here.I hit submit to go to PayPal and I got a message that PayPal would send me a email.Is that right??? I have done orders before withh CC Now and never had a problem before.I dont even have a order number to email anyone and I dont want to get stuck with multiple orders.Any help would be great!

From the front page of the Lab's website:

IF YOU ARE PAYING VIA PAYPAL, please do NOT use our online credit card processor. Place your order through PayPal using the payment address paypal [at] blackphoenixalchemylab [dot] com and fill your order info in the comments field.

So, you should not be using CCNow and hitting submit to go to PayPal, you should be opening a new browser and going to www.paypal.com and using the "send money" tab to send your order.

Thank you for the help.Its just by habit that I did it that way.Someone emailed me and told me to check the CC Now orders and lo' behold it was there,so I cancled that order.I would have never thought of looking there when it said to go to PP and pay there.After reading how the lab is charged :P I think its safe to say that I'm done with PP for lab orders.

Paypal is really the best way to order, you just need to do it directly from paypal.com rather than through CCNow. It's when you pay with your paypal funds through the CCNow shopping cart that the Lab incurs huge amounts of fees.

Alas, I don't have a Paypal account, so I use CCNow. I just discovered that my Aug 31 order was declined because my card was declined (it shouldn't have been, it was fine. But I suppose I might have typed something wrong--it's been known to happen).

My question is: should I just go ahead and place another order or is there a danger that the old one will suddenly go through and then I'll have two duplicate orders? I don't mind waiting, and I don't blame the Lab in the least, and my only LE in the order was Boomslang, which luckily is still available, so my only concern is the possible duplication...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Alas, I don't have a Paypal account, so I use CCNow. I just discovered that my Aug 31 order was declined because my card was declined (it shouldn't have been, it was fine. But I suppose I might have typed something wrong--it's been known to happen).

My question is: should I just go ahead and place another order or is there a danger that the old one will suddenly go through and then I'll have two duplicate orders? I don't mind waiting, and I don't blame the Lab in the least, and my only LE in the order was Boomslang, which luckily is still available, so my only concern is the possible duplication...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Well, it seems that it probably would have been filled by now, so there is probably no danger of a duplication, but I would contact the lab *answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com* just to make sure. :P

i would also call your credit card company to find out what the problem is. my credit card company flagged and stalled a lab order once because i had never bought anything from them before with that card and because the lab is listed as selling *computer software* (i'm not sure why or if they're aware of that) and the company said that it was not in line with my usual buying habits. basically, they were watching my back and were afraid it was an unauthorized purchase. i told them that it was fine, and they went ahead and sent the order through.

Ugh I wasn't aware of the whole "don't use CCNow anymore if you're using PP" situation, and now I need to cancel my CCNow order because I was going to pay with PayPal.

How do I go about canceling the CCNow order? (I just sent money straight through PayPal for what I was trying to order.)

In the future, if I want to use PayPal, how do I figure out shipping cost? Do I have to fill up my CCNow cart and then just not finalize the order, and then make a PayPal payment separately?

My brain is small and hurting and I don't want to screw up orders or be screwing the Lab outta money, please help! :P

Ugh I wasn't aware of the whole "don't use CCNow anymore if you're using PP" situation, and now I need to cancel my CCNow order because I was going to pay with PayPal.

How do I go about canceling the CCNow order? (I just sent money straight through PayPal for what I was trying to order.)

In the future, if I want to use PayPal, how do I figure out shipping cost? Do I have to fill up my CCNow cart and then just not finalize the order, and then make a PayPal payment separately?

My brain is small and hurting and I don't want to screw up orders or be screwing the Lab outta money, please help! :P

That's what I do.

Thanks, that's what I'll do from now on then : -)

Next time I'll drink my coffee before trying to order :P I got sooo confoo (blah)

I just go directly to Paypal and send money to

paypal@blackphoenixalchemylab.com, list what I want in the comments section and use the shipping rates on the lab's FAQ page.

Thanks for the quick feedback, Delirium1009 and portalkat! Those are both good ways to get around using ccnow and paypal together. I didn't realize that I was costing the lab money by doing it that way....

Maybe the "If you are paying via paypal" statement on the lab's page could be amended to include a link to the "how to order" and "shipping questions" faq's, to further assist dummies like me who just wanna give the Lab all my monies in the easiest way possible. Just a suggestion to hold the hands of the less-experienced BPAL'ers out there, I consider myself a pretty good explorer but I tend to only look things up when I need them, and that gets me into trouble sometimes :P

Thanks again for the advice, I'll be sure to take it!! :D

Thanks for the quick feedback, Delirium1009 and portalkat! Those are both good ways to get around using ccnow and paypal together. I didn't realize that I was costing the lab money by doing it that way....

Maybe the "If you are paying via paypal" statement on the lab's page could be amended to include a link to the "how to order" and "shipping questions" faq's, to further assist dummies like me who just wanna give the Lab all my monies in the easiest way possible. Just a suggestion to hold the hands of the less-experienced BPAL'ers out there, I consider myself a pretty good explorer but I tend to only look things up when I need them, and that gets me into trouble sometimes :P

Thanks again for the advice, I'll be sure to take it!! :D

I am the same way, and of course, the same thing happened to me. :D I know better now, but perhaps if the notice were more blatant?

Of course, now that I'm looking at the page again, it pops right out at me, like a scarlet letter of shame.

But the front page can be a bit overwhelming to new users.

I'm a bit concerned because I placed an order for three bottles and a set of imp's ears for myself and my sister on Oct 18, but the money still hasn't been taken from my account. My previous order was charged in 3 days, but this time...nothing. My card wasn't declined; I checked the CCNow order status page and it simply says my order is "awaiting shipment"...perhaps things are in a flurry in taking in the orders with the wedding and such? Which is totally fine--I don't mind waiting. I'm just wondering why there is SUCH a delay in my money being taken, as it makes me worry that there is some greater problem. :/

Edited by bagofspiders

I'm a bit concerned because I placed an order for three bottles and a set of imp's ears for myself and my sister on Oct 18, but the money still hasn't been taken from my account. My previous order was charged in 3 days, but this time...nothing. My card wasn't declined; I checked the CCNow order status page and it simply says my order is "awaiting shipment"...perhaps things are in a flurry in taking in the orders with the wedding and such? Which is totally fine--I don't mind waiting. I'm just wondering why there is SUCH a delay in my money being taken, as it makes me worry that there is some greater problem. :/

From what I understand, they charge you once they "harvest" the order from CCNow and begin working on the batch that your order falls in. They're only working on orders around 10/13 now, and there are a LOT of orders from that day and the next couple due to the Yules going up I'm sure.

If there's a problem, they'll contact you... it's probably just that they're not up to your order yet.

From what I understand, they charge you once they "harvest" the order from CCNow and begin working on the batch that your order falls in. They're only working on orders around 10/13 now, and there are a LOT of orders from that day and the next couple due to the Yules going up I'm sure.

If there's a problem, they'll contact you... it's probably just that they're not up to your order yet.

Yeah, I had a feeling it was something like that, but I wasn't sure exactly how it all worked, so I appreciate the clarification. I tend to overworry I think. I just didn't want to disappoint my sister since this order includes her first order from BPAL :P

New weirdness for me - I ordered on Saturday and CCnow initially took the money out of my account, and then put it back. I have enough money, so it's not like it bounced. Also, the order still appears to be pending. Can someone tell me what's going on? This has never happened to me before with the Lab.

Edited by LadyMedb

New weirdness for me - I ordered on Saturday and CCnow initially took the money out of my account, and then put it back. I have enough money, so it's not like it bounced. Also, the order still appears to be pending. Can someone tell me what's going on? This has never happened to me before with the Lab.

Same thing happened to me! I think perhaps they "checked" to see if the money was there, but didn't actually charge (see the above msg. re. charges)

My order was placed on the 19th, so they haven't gotten to it yet :S

I just got a Visa gift card from my job. Has anyone ever used one of these to order through CCNow?

fortytricks, yes. I have used Visa gift cards through CCNow to order and it works just fine. Just like a credit card.

OK, I've read through the thread and I kinda found my answer, but not exactly.

I ordered 12-12 (at, like, 3am) and my card was charged later that day. Payment cleared. All was well. I received my order 12-24 (woo!). Now my payment to the Lab is shown as "pending" in my bank account, as of 12-26. I read that you're charged once the Lab harvests the order to fill, but I received my order several days ago.

I'm wondering if there was a delay because of the holidays? If there is some delay due to my bank being douche-y, I will be upset. I want the Lab to get my money as soon as possible.

Is this something I should worry about?

(I used CCNow, by the way)

I ordered 12-12 (at, like, 3am) and my card was charged later that day. Payment cleared. All was well. I received my order 12-24 (woo!). Now my payment to the Lab is shown as "pending" in my bank account, as of 12-26. I read that you're charged once the Lab harvests the order to fill, but I received my order several days ago.

I noticed that a similar thing happened with my December order (which I received on the 24th and did not receive a CnS for). My uneducated guess is that it's due to how very freaking fast the ToT was for my order - maybe harvesting/payment processing wasn't done in the same way as usual in order for the lab to get folk's orders out in time for the holiday?

I suppose I could be wrong and there could be something farked up with both your bank and my credit card, but I doubt it, and I really don't think it's anything to worry about.

Edited by suileach