Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

I am curious - while I've bought several fragrances on EBay, I placed my first order direct to BPAL on 9/18, and have received nothing. No notification the order's in queue, no click-n-ship (though I'm having trouble figuring that forum out, or if there's some site I'm supposed to check), and _definitely_ no fragrances.

I did get an email from Sara on 9/19 after I asked a question about CCNow vs. paypal, saying "the order looks fine", but that's all.

Money cleared out of my account 9/21.

Sent email requesting update on Friday 10/13, have received no response as of yet.

Sent another one this am, not expecting response really.

I'm about ready to chalk this one up to experience and count it lost, except that y'all seem to get orders successfully and even quickly. Is there something I can do, or a way to get even a status update, from BPAL? Or should I just stick to EBay from now on?

ophymirage, you can also check these two threads here on the forum the CnS and the I got my order threads. That way, you can sort of follow the orders that are going through.

I know that the lab has often had problems with email because of spammers and sometimes it is best to send messages using a gmail, fastmail or hotmail account.

Is Yahoo mail okay to use?

I wish I had read this thread before sending email to the lab. I was starting to panic when the form says it's been shipped on the 10th, but it's the 20th now! I've lost many a package in the mail, so I was panicking over the fact that I might not recieve my LE goodies.

Is Yahoo mail okay to use?

I wish I had read this thread before sending email to the lab. I was starting to panic when the form says it's been shipped on the 10th, but it's the 20th now! I've lost many a package in the mail, so I was panicking over the fact that I might not recieve my LE goodies.

I think that the email thread said that they had problems with Yahoo mail.

This is really retarded, but what does a Click and Ship notification look like? And is it in your email?

I bought a buttload of oils on the 14th with CC now and it originally showed up as pending on my bank account. Then it disappeared. Now, today (25th), it shows up as having cleared. Is that a click and ship?

This is really retarded, but what does a Click and Ship notification look like? And is it in your email?

I bought a buttload of oils on the 14th with CC now and it originally showed up as pending on my bank account. Then it disappeared. Now, today (25th), it shows up as having cleared. Is that a click and ship?

A click and ship is something you get in e-mail from the post office. It looks like this (an actual CnS I recieved recently with some editing for privacy. :P )

-------

Dear APN 7-3-13-1654,

This ship notification is being sent to you by the U.S. Postal Service at the request of SHIPPING DEPT.. If the "Shipped To" address information is not correct, please contact the Shipper.

A package with a Click-N-Ship label created on usps.com containing the following information is scheduled to be shipped on 10/19/2006.

SHIPPING DEPT.

BLACK PHOENIX ALCHEMY LAB

12120 SHERMAN WAY

NORTH HOLLYWOOD CA 91605-5501

Shipped to:

A. P. N.

(My address)

Type of Service: Delivery Confirmation

Label Number: (whole buncha numbers)

To check on the delivery status of your package, please go to Track and Confirm at www.usps.com.

Thank you,

United States Postal Service

**Please do not respond to this email. Any reply will not be received by the USPS or the shipper. This email was sent to you at the shipper's request to notify you that the information above has been electronically sent to the USPS.

-----

That help?

(edited for a spelling error that was bugging me)

Edited by The Jade Cat

I placed an order for some BPAL goodies last night through CCNow, and whereas in the past I've gotten an immediate confirmation email that they'd received the order and processed it (CCNow had, not necessarily the Lab), this time I got nothing.

There was that page of information that tells you what information you put down for shipping/billing address, and the status of your order -- you know, the one you're supposed to "print for your records," but I never do because I just assume I'll get the email -- but no email arrived. I'm thinking...maybe I mis-entered my email address? Twice?

I'd like to email the Lab, unless someone has insight about waiting and seeing, and the email cropping up in due time. Thoughts?

ETA: I checked my bank statement online, and CCNow definitely made a charge to my account but it's in processing.

Edited by dorothy humbird

I have a CCNow question: has anyone ever used a Simon giftcard for a lab order? A Simon card acts just like a Visa card, except that it has a certain limit that you can't go over. I've all ready registered it so I can use it online, so it has my name on it and everything, but I'm still uncertain about using it to make an order through CCNow. I've never had a problem using it at amazon or anyplace like that. So, has anyone ever used one for an order? And, if I risk it and go ahead and make an order and it's declined (due to it not technically being a credit card), what will happen? Will I just get an email saying my card was declined or unregistered or unknown?

I've never even heard of a Simon giftcard! :P

I would personally ask CCNow directly about this...they have a customer service form here.

Okay, I see that this problem with CCNow's definition of "shipped" and the rest of the world's definition has been going on for at least 3 years now (judging by the earliest posts in this thread). This strikes me as truly horrible customer service, to tell a customer something that is not true in any sense that they would be familiar with. This is something that CCN should have straightened out quickly, and any company that serves customers (individuals and businesses) so poorly - obviously not caring how confused we get and how many confused/irate emails the Lab gets - does not earn my repeat business. I chalked up the time discrepancy on my first order (CCN "shipped" date 13 Dec, CnS date 3 Jan.) to it being the holidays, but having run into it with my second order and after reading this thread, I am definitely using Paypal from now on. It's also annoying that it can reflect poorly on the Lab if someone thinks it really is taking 3 whole weeks for them to send things that are already prepared, boxed, and most of all charged for.

I would suggest that a question be added to the Lab's FAQ about this. "CCNow says my order has shipped, but I didn't get a tracking number like it says here. What gives?" And an answer explaining how they speak a different sort of English from the rest of us, what their strange lexicon actually means, perhaps a quip about the arbitrariness of language, and that you really will receive an official USPS email complete with tracking number once your order ships in a definition that you might actually find in a dictionary.

(Yes, I'm waiting for a bottle of Bitch. Thanks to CCN, I was deluded yesterday into thinking it might actually arrive before my... erm... time of need. The fact that it won't displeases me greatly, when I would have been patient enough if they hadn't gotten my hopes up.)

~~~

As for the gift card mentioned above, in my experience it should be accepted anywhere that takes Visa as long as your balance on the card is enough to cover that transaction. The way a credit card machine reads it, it is a Visa the same as a regular card that sends you a bill every month. Check your balance before you use the gift card, even if you think you know how much is on it!!! If your memory (or math, if you're keeping more careful track of it) is a little off, your order will probably go wrong. At a retail store, this error will also do something hinky in Visa's and/or Simon's computers that makes the card unusable for several days, and I suspect it works the same way with online purchases. Since this glitch is stated in the fine print on using the card, there's nothing you can do about it, no matter who you call or how much you yell at them. So call that "check your balance" number early and often! :P

Thanks, Morrighana and Firiel! I actually emailed them after Morrighana's reply, and they finally emailed me back yesterday and said basically what Firiel said! So you two rock!

I placed an order on 3/2 for two LE scents and since 3/3 my CCN status says "Awaiting Shipment".

My question is this: it's now 3/6 and still "awaiting shipment". Is this normal, or should I contact the Lab? I hate to bug them, 'cause I know how much work they have to do, but I don't want to miss out on Ides of March or Ostara, either!

Any advice would be appreciated!

I placed an order on 3/2 for two LE scents and since 3/3 my CCN status says "Awaiting Shipment".

My question is this: it's now 3/6 and still "awaiting shipment". Is this normal, or should I contact the Lab? I hate to bug them, 'cause I know how much work they have to do, but I don't want to miss out on Ides of March or Ostara, either!

Any advice would be appreciated!

Read through this thread and you'll see that the CCNow status does not match what is happening at the Lab. If you made the order before the oils come down off the site, then you will get them. Shipping times have varied over the years, I am not sure what the current turnaround time is, but I do know it's vastly less than it was last year. I've waited as long as 2 months + for orders to arrive.

You will get a CnS from the Lab when your order ships out. You can watch the Click n Ship thread to get an idea of where they are in order processing.

Read through this thread and you'll see that the CCNow status does not match what is happening at the Lab. If you made the order before the oils come down off the site, then you will get them. Shipping times have varied over the years, I am not sure what the current turnaround time is, but I do know it's vastly less than it was last year. I've waited as long as 2 months + for orders to arrive.

You will get a CnS from the Lab when your order ships out. You can watch the Click n Ship thread to get an idea of where they are in order processing.

Thanks for the quick answer! I'm sort of new to this whole (delightful) experience, and was just worried about getting those LEs. As long as I get them, I'm not worried about the turn-around time. :D

And I learned how to be a CnS-thread stalker on my last order. :P

Okay I'm sure I saw the answer related to what I'm about to ask next but I can't seem to find it.

CCnow charged bank account for my order amount two days after I placed my order, 3/14 I think. It was placed as a hold and the hold cleared but it didn't actually charge to my account. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what I should do? Should I re-order or will the lab re-charge me after they get to my order?

As I understand it, CCNow will reauthorize the charge when your order gets harvested by the Lab.

As I understand it, CCNow will reauthorize the charge when your order gets harvested by the Lab.

Oh cool, I hope so. Thanks!

I placed an order for some BPAL goodies last night through CCNow, and whereas in the past I've gotten an immediate confirmation email that they'd received the order and processed it (CCNow had, not necessarily the Lab), this time I got nothing.

There was that page of information that tells you what information you put down for shipping/billing address, and the status of your order -- you know, the one you're supposed to "print for your records," but I never do because I just assume I'll get the email -- but no email arrived. I'm thinking...maybe I mis-entered my email address? Twice?

I'd like to email the Lab, unless someone has insight about waiting and seeing, and the email cropping up in due time. Thoughts?

ETA: I checked my bank statement online, and CCNow definitely made a charge to my account but it's in processing.

i'm having the same problem a little over a month later, and i'm wondering whether or not this was ever addressed ... ? any help would be much appreciated -- thank you in advance. :)

If CCNow definitely made a charge to your account, I'd contact them here with what information you do have, since it's their auto emailer that's apparently randomly screwy and not the Lab's. They should be able to provide you with order details...

i'm having the same problem a little over a month later, and i'm wondering whether or not this was ever addressed ... ? any help would be much appreciated -- thank you in advance. :P

I don't know if this is the case, but I thought CCnow wasn't e-mailing me too. Then I found out gmail was marking ccnows e-mails as spam. :[

I don't know if this is the case, but I thought CCnow wasn't e-mailing me too. Then I found out gmail was marking ccnows e-mails as spam. :[

:P

Just repeating this post because this is a huge problem in general for a lot of people. Many email providers have a sort of automatic spam or junk email filter and so you may receive messages that go directly into a Junk folder before you see them. I've had problems with order confirmations from various places getting "Junked" simply because so many spams pose as order confirmations.

So ... before you say "I never got an email," check the Junk folder. :D

And "boo" on CCNow for showing "shipped" on the order status when the order hasn't actually been shipped. I can't believe this has been going on since 2004 (according to this thread!)

Isn't there some kind of mail-order law in the US that you're not allowed to actually charge the person's card until the item has shipped? I know that many online retailers may do a card authorization (to make sure you have enough money) but they don't actually collect the funds until they ship. CCNow seems to have completed the transaction and pulled the money, and is showing "shipped," but since it was showing "shipped" three days after I placed the order, I'm pretty sure this is still a glitch and not a note that I'll be getting my BPAL in a couple of days....

MV

Isn't there some kind of mail-order law in the US that you're not allowed to actually charge the person's card until the item has shipped? I know that many online retailers may do a card authorization (to make sure you have enough money) but they don't actually collect the funds until they ship. CCNow seems to have completed the transaction and pulled the money, and is showing "shipped," but since it was showing "shipped" three days after I placed the order, I'm pretty sure this is still a glitch and not a note that I'll be getting my BPAL in a couple of days....

I think the loophole here is that CCNow has completed their service for you when they hand your order over to the Lab, so that's when they charge you.

Honestly, this is one of the many reasons PayPal is just plain better. No confusion, no crazy fees, no third party glitches... :P *is a Paypal cheerleader!* :D

Can anyone put Oblivion in their shopping cart? I keep getting an error and I'm wondering if it's on my end or the lab's. Thanks!

Edited by httpoo

Thanks, I'm glad it's not just me. I sent a heads up email. I hope they fix it soon. I NEED OBLIVION. :P