Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

That's just a CCNow SKU glitch...the Lab should be able to fix that pretty quick. If you order via Paypal instead, though, you can get around CCNow's asshattery.

Okay, I've read all the way through this thread - and everywhere else I can think of - but still can't find anywhere on the forum where the lab posts their "shipped through" info. Can somebody help me out? I feel so stupid. :P

I don't believe that the Lab does post "shipped through". We tend to check the "I got my order thread" to get a feel for what is being processed.

Brian (Corinthian) has been known to post "shipped through" notifications in the Lab's Announcements subforum... but it's been a while since it was updated (January, I believe).

Your best bet, as themerrybaker mentioned, is to keep an eye on the "I got my order" pinned topic in BPAL Chatter. :P

Should I be worried that I got a CnS Friday saying my order was due to be shipped out, but the tracking information hasn't changed at all since then? I know it's probably just my newbie anxiety getting the better of me, but I've had so many bad experiences with the US postal service lately that I'm pretty paranoid these days. :P

Should I be worried that I got a CnS Friday saying my order was due to be shipped out, but the tracking information hasn't changed at all since then? I know it's probably just my newbie anxiety getting the better of me, but I've had so many bad experiences with the US postal service lately that I'm pretty paranoid these days. :P

CnS e-mails contain the delivery confirmation number, there isn't any actual tracking as it progresses to its destination. It just confirms date/time when it's delivered.

CnS e-mails contain the delivery confirmation number, there isn't any actual tracking as it progresses to its destination. It just confirms date/time when it's delivered.

Ah, ok. That is reassuring. In that case, I guess there is nothing to do but relax and wait it out . . . :P

My question: Next week, (May 30th to be exact) I'll be on a "vacation" of sorts to visit a friend of mine. I actually made an order on May 4th but I'm not sure if I'll be here to recieve it or not. I know the current wait time at the moment is around a month to recieve your order but I don't know if I'll even be here to get my order now. The status on CCNOW says "Order Shipped May 13th", does anyone know when my order would show up, because I'll probably be gone for two to three weeks starting May 30th. :/ I don't think I trust my family to take care of my order while I'm gone but I wouldn't want to change the shipping addy to my friends house because he mailcarrier is a dickhead notorious for breaking things she's ordered before.

I'm kinda at a loss of what to do now but an approximation of when it would arrive would be great so I can tell my family to keep a look out for it.

If you check the CnS thread you'll see most shipments going out are still in the early to mid April range. You should be ok. If you still are worried, put a stop on your mail with the post office. They'll hold it for you for like 30 days I think, maybe longer.

I wish CCNOW would rename their "shipping" status because it has nothing to do with the shipment of the product.

If you check the CnS thread you'll see most shipments going out are still in the early to mid April range. You should be ok. If you still are worried, put a stop on your mail with the post office. They'll hold it for you for like 30 days I think, maybe longer.

I wish CCNOW would rename their "shipping" status because it has nothing to do with the shipment of the product.

Thank you! I should of checked there in the first place. :X One less thing to worry about!

What exactly does CCNOW's shipping status mean anyway?

CCNow marks the order as shipped when the vendor (in this case the Lab) picks up the order from the site. They assume immediate shipment.

I made a stupid newbie blunder. I paid with Paypal using CCNow, then remembered the notice about not doing that. I emailed bpal and asked what to do, but my mail server is having problems and I can't access the reply if there was one. What can I do about the mistake that I made or do I just leave it? What exactly does happen if I use paypal on CCNow. Are there add'l charges incurred and if so, should I send money via paypal to bpal to cover these add'l charges.

Okay, I think that through another thread, I found my answer. So, I guess, rather then cancelling the order and starting over, I need to send more money to bpal. How much more and to what email address if I am sending via Paypal? :P

Now I am a nervous newbie!

Edited by portalkat

I made a stupid newbie blunder. I paid with Paypal using CCNow, then remembered the notice about not doing that. I emailed bpal and asked what to do, but my mail server is having problems and I can't access the reply if there was one. What can I do about the mistake that I made or do I just leave it? What exactly does happen if I use paypal on CCNow. Are there add'l charges incurred and if so, should I send money via paypal to bpal to cover these add'l charges.

Okay, I think that through another thread, I found my answer. So, I guess, rather then cancelling the order and starting over, I need to send more money to bpal. How much more and to what email address if I am sending via Paypal? :P

Actually, I am pretty sure that the fees that BPAL incurrs are fees that the Lab cannot really directly pass on to its customers - it's just that if you are going to pay via PayPal *anyway* then it is best for the Lab to go through PayPal directly, rather than through CC Now, because the fees are higher that way.

Since this week is still sort of nuts for the Labbies what with settling into the new place and all, if I were you, I would sit tight until your server trouble is settled, anyway, then go ahead and email the answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com addy to explain what happened and ask if there is anything you can do - but I'm about 97% sure that Sara's answer will be not to worry about it and just go through Paypal next time. :D

Actually, I am pretty sure that the fees that BPAL incurrs are fees that the Lab cannot really directly pass on to its customers - it's just that if you are going to pay via PayPal *anyway* then it is best for the Lab to go through PayPal directly, rather than through CC Now, because the fees are higher that way.

Since this week is still sort of nuts for the Labbies what with settling into the new place and all, if I were you, I would sit tight until your server trouble is settled, anyway, then go ahead and email the answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com addy to explain what happened and ask if there is anything you can do - but I'm about 97% sure that Sara's answer will be not to worry about it and just go through Paypal next time. :D

Thank you - I think that I'll log onto my Fastmail account and send them another message. I want to support BPAL as much as I can and hate for any of their profit to be eaten up by fees. It was an impulsive newbie blunder :D

I'm trying to place an order today before the Maelstrom LEs go away and I also wanted to order a bottle of Oblivion. When I click on the "Purchase 5ml" or "Purchase 10ml" links, I get the message:

Product ID: ZN01 is not on file

That's just a CCNow SKU glitch...the Lab should be able to fix that pretty quick. If you order via Paypal instead, though, you can get around CCNow's asshattery.

An FYI to anyone else: This happened to me yesterday with Cobra Lily. Sara at the lab very kindly advised me to just add any 5ml to the order, then use the 'notes/special instructions' part of the form to explain what happened and what I really wanted.

Also, continue to let them know as it happens so that they can fix it! :P

Being the total newbie that I am I thought my package got lost... as I placed my first order on June 12 and when I went to check the status order yesterday CCNOW stated that the order was shipped on June 15. How I wish I read this thread before I sent my e-mail off to the answers addy, and not after, as I feel so beyond stupid. :P

I know I very likely did something incredibly stupid, but I just want to know if I need to take any necessary actions or just wait:

I ordered two 5mL bottles and used PayPal. But instead of remitting the PayPal payment directly to the lab, I followed CCNow's cart instructions (because I use online shopping carts so much, it's Pavlovian reflex for me to just follow through) and ended up paying CCNow via PayPal instead of the lab directly like I'm supposed to.

I already know I messed up, I don't need to be told twice. What I want to know is, will I still get my order, but just wait longer? Or do I have to reorder (and possibly claim back the $31.50 I've just spent via PayPal)? I really don't mind waiting as long as I get the product. I just want to know if I need to take extra action on my part.

I know I very likely did something incredibly stupid, but I just want to know if I need to take any necessary actions or just wait:

I ordered two 5mL bottles and used PayPal. But instead of remitting the PayPal payment directly to the lab, I followed CCNow's cart instructions (because I use online shopping carts so much, it's Pavlovian reflex for me to just follow through) and ended up paying CCNow via PayPal instead of the lab directly like I'm supposed to.

I already know I messed up, I don't need to be told twice. What I want to know is, will I still get my order, but just wait longer? Or do I have to reorder (and possibly claim back the $31.50 I've just spent via PayPal)? I really don't mind waiting as long as I get the product. I just want to know if I need to take extra action on my part.

It's okay, I did the same thing with my first order. The lab will get the order just fine, but you can read my post at the top of this page to find out the reason for going directly to Paypal. Besides posting my query here, I did get an answer directly from Sara at the lab.

It's okay, I did the same thing with my first order. The lab will get the order just fine, but you can read my post at the top of this page to find out the reason for going directly to Paypal. Besides posting my query here, I did get an answer directly from Sara at the lab.

Thanks. Yeah, I see the reason for why they prefer PayPal direct (OUCH!@10% cut). I'll definitely remember for next time!

How I wish I read this thread before I sent my e-mail off to the answers addy, and not after, as I feel so beyond stupid. :P

Don't worry, it's not stupid at all to think that shipped means shipped :D. It's just one of those things, unique to the bpal experience, that you learn the longer you hang around the forum. In all honesty, I'd guess that almost everyone who placed their first order through CCNOW had exactly the same thought. I know that I did!

How I wish I read this thread before I sent my e-mail off to the answers addy, and not after, as I feel so beyond stupid. :P

Don't worry, it's not stupid at all to think that shipped means shipped :D. It's just one of those things, unique to the bpal experience, that you learn the longer you hang around the forum. In all honesty, I'd guess that almost everyone who placed their first order through CCNOW had exactly the same thought. I know that I did!

I thought the same thing - and I was sooo excited until I realized that it didn't mean that at all. :D

I don't know if this has been answered somewhere else before but why can't BPAL simply end the connection between themselves and CCNow?

Ava Luxe has an online shopping cart that is very easy to use and they don't seem to send the Paypal payments through a third party like CCNow. The money appears to go directly to Ava Luxe.

I don't know anything about online billing so I'm sure it's not as simple as just reconfiguring the shopping cart feature, but as someone who is STILL waiting for six imps that I ordered back on May 22nd it seems that CCNow is doing BPAL more PR harm than good.

1. I know there is a custom cart being developed.

2. I think BPAL might have a contract/subscription with CCNow so they are partnered for a period of time.

I don't know if this has been answered somewhere else before but why can't BPAL simply end the connection between themselves and CCNow?

Ava Luxe has an online shopping cart that is very easy to use and they don't seem to send the Paypal payments through a third party like CCNow. The money appears to go directly to Ava Luxe.

I don't know anything about online billing so I'm sure it's not as simple as just reconfiguring the shopping cart feature, but as someone who is STILL waiting for six imps that I ordered back on May 22nd it seems that CCNow is doing BPAL more PR harm than good.

I'm not sure that your May 22nd order delivery time has anything to do with CCNow. I think that it is just the usual turnaround time for orders placed around then and the delay in orders because of the problems that the lab had prior to their final move.

I received an email from Sara at the lab about the new cart being worked on.