Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

AHHHAAAAH so glad i saw this because i was getting panicky about why 71 dollars was withdrawn today from my checking acct. then that sounded suspiciously like the amt of my yule order... so i checked ccnow (which until today i didn't know i could do) and sure enough, nov. 13 is the "shipped" date. of course, that means i wont see my preciousss for god knows how long, but at least i know where my money is!

I wasn't really sure exactly where to ask, so here seems to be the best place.

How many people have ever written checks out to the lab? Do they send emails when they receive the check, just to let you know that they got it? Or do they just cash it when they are ready to begin working on it?

I am asking because I wrote and sent a check on Nov. 4th for my second Yule LE order, and haven't heard anything since. Should I be concerned and email just to make sure it's received, or should I wait a few more weeks?

Thanks!

when the lab posts that orders were shipped through 0ct.7 ,does that mean the order i placed on the 7th of Oct. or does it mean when the lab picked it up on the 14th of Oct.(which also says shipped) ? thanks, Gracie (also i placed order on cc/now)

Edited by gracie

I believe this question has been answered before...try searching a bit, and I'll post a reply if I find the thread.

Gracie, were you talking about the "Shipped Through..." thread in the BPAL Announcements section here:

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showforum=9 ?

I was wondering that as well. That FAQ only deals with CCNow clarification, which I understand. I think what Gracie and I are wondering (or at least I am) is when Brian posts that orders are shipped through October 7th in the "Shipped Through" thread, does that mean that those are orders the lab received on the 7th, or are those orders actually placed up through the 7th, but received by the lab sometime after that (around the 14th, methinks.)?

I am nearly certain that the "Shipped Through" announcement relates to the date that you place your order, not CCNow's date. I say this because if, for example, you email Brian saying, "I placed an order on 10/10, where is it?" he will respond by saying that the "Shipped Through" thread is only marked through orders placed by 10/8.

And CCNow's "shipped" has nothing to do with your package being mailed.

I am nearly certain that the "Shipped Through" announcement relates to the date that you place your order, not CCNow's date.  I say this because if, for example, you email Brian saying, "I placed an order on 10/10, where is it?" he will respond by saying that the "Shipped Through" thread is only marked through orders placed by 10/8.

And CCNow's "shipped" has nothing to do with your package being mailed.

Thanks so much, Tart! That's what I thought. CCNow's kind of goofy. I think I'll probably do PayPal next time.

I apologize if this has been asked a billion times, but I did a search and didn't see an explanation.

As I'm reading threads, I'm coming across a lot of people saying that their orders were "harvested" on a certain day, but as I placed my first order on 1/25/05, I'm pretty clueless as to what harvested could possibly mean.

So that leads me to my question - what does harvested mean? And where does it fall in the BPAL lifecycle?

Order -> Happily waiting :D -> Order Confirmation -> Patiently waiting :P -> Harvesting -> Slightly less patiently waiting -> Click 'n Ship -> Agonizing wait :D -> Receive Order!! :D

Aaaaah okay - Thank you so much Tart - that makes sense.

It sounds like harvesting just means that CCNow has actually just forwarded a bunch of orders over to the lab, which they do periodically (i.e. it doesn't happen in real time like I thought).

I just placed an order through CCNow, it's my first one placed this way. Will I get billed right away? Nothing's showing up yet.

I would actually prefer to be billed immediately because I want to be sure the money will be available.

I just placed an order through CCNow, it's my first one placed this way. Will I get billed right away? Nothing's showing up yet.

I would actually prefer to be billed immediately because I want to be sure the money will be available.

CCNow doesn't put through your payment until after the lab has harvested your order. If you check the status of your order on the CCNow website, when it says "Shipped", that means the order has been harvested by the lab and that is when you will be billed. HTH :P

Thank you! :D I wish it got billed right away though because DH might spend the moolah by then. :P

ETA: I just got billed! YAY! :D

Edited by scarlet

Actually, I had a similar problem.  I made a $71.50 purchase on 10/8.  The next morning, my bank had deducted the money.  However, since no one "claimed" the money within 5 days, it was refunded to my card.  My CCnow status is "shipped," but the money has not been re-deducted.  I'm searching for Nella's email now to see when I can expect the money to be re-deducted so I can keep my own records straight.

Resurrecting this because I just checked and my acct is showing the same thing...

"expired" and the $ has been refunded. So....just leave it and trust that this is the norm or do I need to email the lab to be sure?? :P

CCNow order status is showing "Received/Waiting to be shipped".

I'm been wary of using CCNow because of those kinds of anomalies, I am sure the lab will be able to correct the problems though! On my very first order that I placed myself, it was when CCNow randomly canceled dozens of payments one day. So I have used Paypal ever since, even though I'm afraid that I'm going to do the math wrong or write down the wrong name of what I want...but so far, so good!

I'm been wary of using CCNow because of those kinds of anomalies, I am sure the lab will be able to correct the problems though!  On my very first order that I placed myself, it was when CCNow randomly canceled dozens of payments one day.  So I have used Paypal ever since, even though I'm afraid that I'm going to do the math wrong or write down the wrong name of what I want...but so far, so good!

I figured the lab is aware of it and its nothing out of the usual. But since its my first "official" order, thought I'd ask to be sure :D So, when the same thing happens w/my second order(placed earlier today, lol), I won't worry.

Thanks!! :P

I'm been wary of using CCNow because of those kinds of anomalies, I am sure the lab will be able to correct the problems though!  On my very first order that I placed myself, it was when CCNow randomly canceled dozens of payments one day.  So I have used Paypal ever since, even though I'm afraid that I'm going to do the math wrong or write down the wrong name of what I want...but so far, so good!

What I do Sarada is I dump everything I want into the CCNow cart, let it add up everything and then I just copy and paste that into the paypal note window. Much easier then remembering if I added that wayward bottle of Venice!

Hello. I am seeking help. I am trying to place an order via CC Now at the BPAL website. It is not working right for me. What happens is I add something to my cart, then click "continue shopping" and when I add the next item to my cart, the first item I had added is no longer there. It simply dissappears. No matter how many items I add to my cart, only the last item I add shows up. This has been happening to me for several days. Has anyone else noticed this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. I want to make an order! Jillipede

I just tested the cart by adding several items, continuing shopping and browsing and then going back and adding more items. I had no problem at all. I got all the way until the end where I'm supposed to input my credit card info.

I can't say what your problem is.

I can't stress this enough. The lab has a customer service e-mail address.

answers at blackphoenixalchemylab dot com.

Order via PayPal. It's really the best way.

Could be due to browser compatibility also, if you're not using IE. Firefox gives me trouble with shopping carts sometimes.