Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

Hey guys

I am an Aussie and used CCNow to checkout when I ordered the recent lunacy.

I just looked at my credit card however and the charge has vanished. Is this normal? Will they charge me when the order is shipped?

I do take it that Aussies can now order through CCNow, I assumed so as it allowed me to select my country and the shipping was the norm (been a while since I ordered from the lab!).

And my order says "awaiting shipment", I assume this means the lab has not received the order yet for processing (and when they take it for "harvesting" it will say order shipped?). Is that right? Should I be concerned? How long does it take the lab to "harvest" the order from the time it's been placed? :) Thanks!

http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/faq.html

My credit card statement showed an initial charge for my order, which disappeared, and now there is a new charge. Was my card double charged?

CCNow does a pre-authorization to validate the order before sending it to the Lab, which is reversed before the actual charge is applied.

My credit card statement showed a charge for my order and then it disappeared. Was my order cancelled?

Sometimes CCNow's pre-authorization will be reversed prior to the actual charge goes through. If you didn't receive a notification of cancellation from CCNow, everything should be fine.

You're right about the rest, the meaning of "awaiting shipment", etc. I'm not sure how fast the international queue is moving these days, but you'll see it change a short time before you receive your shipping notification.

Okay. I'm not sure who I need to contact on this one. Right after I placed my last lab order, the debit card I used through CCNow was compromised. I had to cancel and reissue it. The charge went through just fine and I received my stuffs from the lab.

Strangely, though, well after I received everything, my bank shows a "reverse debit" from CCNow in the exact same amount as the order. I scrutinzed my records and I wasn't ever double-charged, so unless I won some sort of super secret contest, it looks like I got my stuff for free.

To reconcile, do I need to contact CCNow? Or the Lab? I'm confused.

I'd contact the Lab - they can help you figure out if there's something they can do or if there's something CCNow or your bank needs to do.

sooo...I tried to place an order late last week through CCNow, but the connection went funny, and the last confirmation page never loaded, and now, a week later, I have NOT received an email notification from CCN.

Just placed my order via PP....is there any way to verify that I didn't actually order my goodies twice?

EDITED: OK, so the pre-auth has been removed a week later. Just in case anyone was wondering how long it takes.

My credit card has been charged with the pre-auth from CC Now, however afterwards I received an email from them stating my CVV was incorrect and to choose another payment method. I'm positive I put in the correct CVV.. I think I am just going to use paypal instead so I don't have to deal with the hastle. Does anyone know how long it takes the pre-auth to be credited back?

Edited by magenta

No, we are not suppose to pay CA sales tax. The lab got back to me and confirmed that they do not charge CA sales tax on their orders. However, for whatever reason, the CCNow system charges CA sales tax...

You guys should definitely contact the lab so that they are aware of the spectrum of this problem. I think CCNow tries to charge sales tax for quite a few states they're not suppose to. I tried out a Colorado address (which is neither where CCNow is located nor where the lab is located) and CCNow tried to charge a sales tax on that order. It was odd.

Argh! Seeing this made me search for all my previous CCNow emails and lo and behold, they had been charging me CA sales tax since Feb :eek:! So I have emailed the goblins at the lab so they can give CCNow a spanking. :yum: ..... what?

I just made an order for the lunacy and I too was charged CA sales tax. Has anyone heard from the lab yet? :think:

I know this is from quite a few months back.... but I haven't been as active on the forum nor have I placed a CCNow order until tonight. And yes, I was definitely surprised by the CA sales tax. Has there been any further word? I wish I would have known beforehand, though. Tax is ouchie. icon_redface.gif

I wrote to the Lab, but never received an email reply regarding the California sales tax being charged through CCNow.

However, I was able to ask at the last will call I attended, and YES, CA is now being charged sales tax through CCNow! icon_evil.gif I'm really bummed we weren't told this, as I would've placed the order through PP had I known in advance. :( 9%. Ouch.

Also, I seem to recall Puddin' saying a couple other states now get charged sales tax through CCNow: wanna say he said, Texas and Minnesota? Not too sure. Mebbe someone will pipe up and say otherwise.

(I hope I am asking this in the right place)

I ordered last month and on Sept 30 CCNow sent me my order status marked "shipped". I never received my order and have not heard back from bpal. Is this an automatic thing that CCNow does even if the order has not yet shipped? Is there another notification that goes out from Bpal that I should wait for? Or is that my official "shipped" (and possibly lost") notification?

Thanks so much for any help!

I ordered last month and on Sept 30 CCNow sent me my order status marked "shipped". I never received my order and have not heard back from bpal. Is this an automatic thing that CCNow does even if the order has not yet shipped? Is there another notification that goes out from Bpal that I should wait for? Or is that my official "shipped" (and possibly lost") notification?

The CCNow "shipped" message indicates that the order has been picked up by the Lab; it just means that they're working on filling it now. Usually that means you'll get a Click-n-Ship from the Lab soon, but this update has been hectic, and there are several scents on back order. Don't fret! :smile:

The CCNow "shipped" message indicates that the order has been picked up by the Lab; it just means that they're working on filling it now. Usually that means you'll get a Click-n-Ship from the Lab soon, but this update has been hectic, and there are several scents on back order. Don't fret! :smile:

Got it, thanks so much!

Bpal: No need to reply to my emails, in that case. My concern was just that they were lost. I am totally fine waiting.

I moved, and placed an order with my new shipping address and my old billing address. CCNow sent me a confirmation. That was when the #Occupy Wallstreet scent came out.

Today my husband changed our billing address. Will my order go through okay?

I ordered on October 4, the CCNow website doesn't show the order as "shipped". I would think they would send the orders to the Lab at least every few days? Now it is 11 (ELEVEN) days later and the Lab doesn't even know I ordered! I am finding CCNow to be very frustrating in this regard. I ordered on 9/20, and they didn't "ship" the order to the Lab until 9/30. What gives?

I do understand the a CCNow status of "shipped" only means they have sent the order to the Lab, it isn't actually physically shipped TO me until I get the Click-N-Ship notification from the USPS. It took me a while to get that figured out too.

Edited by MuskWitch

I ordered on October 4, the CCNow website doesn't show the order as "shipped". I would think they would send the orders to the Lab at least every few days? Now it is 11 (ELEVEN) days later and the Lab doesn't even know I ordered! I am finding CCNow to be very frustrating in this regard. I ordered on 9/20, and they didn't "ship" the order to the Lab until 9/30. What gives?

I do understand the a CCNow status of "shipped" only means they have sent the order to the Lab, it isn't actually physically shipped TO me until I get the Click-N-Ship notification from the USPS. It took me a while to get that figured out too.

The Lab doesn't pick up orders from CCNow until they're actually within a couple of days of filling them (barring backorders and such); oftentimes you won't see "Shipped" until it's only a day or two before you get a CnS. During updates and when things are especially hectic that usually takes a few weeks.

ETA: I just went and looked at my October 1st order, and it's still Awaiting Shipment, too. I won't start worrying for at least another week or so.

Edited by Sakari

The Lab doesn't pick up orders from CCNow until they're actually within a couple of days of filling them (barring backorders and such); oftentimes you won't see "Shipped" until it's only a day or two before you get a CnS. During updates and when things are especially hectic that usually takes a few weeks.

ETA: I just went and looked at my October 1st order, and it's still Awaiting Shipment, too. I won't start worrying for at least another week or so.

THANKS! Altho, unless they know what is ON the order, how can they know if they can fill it or not? I do not like this CCNow, I think I'll try PayPal next time and see if it's better. I know the lab is busy busy busy and we *must* wait our turn. (as she stomps her feet and throws a fit because she LOVES her BPAL!) :lol: :lol: THANKS Sakari! You have created a monster. ;)

THANKS! Altho, unless they know what is ON the order, how can they know if they can fill it or not? I do not like this CCNow, I think I'll try PayPal next time and see if it's better. I know the lab is busy busy busy and we *must* wait our turn. (as she stomps her feet and throws a fit because she LOVES her BPAL!) :lol: :lol: THANKS Sakari! You have created a monster. ;)

I love you too. :kiss:

I love you too. :kiss:

Awwwwww. :hugs:

Well, before I wrote this note I went on the CCNow website and pulled up all my orders, that's how I found the ones that hadn't been shipped. So, I clicked on each order that was still "waiting", went to the bottom of the page, and clicked on the "send an email to the supplier" and I let BPAL know that CCNow was holding up my orders. That was yesterday early morning. I just checked CCNow again, and ALL of my orders (except the one I JUST did for more Hygeia, Oblivion, & Snake Oil :wub: ) have been shipped. Don't know if it was coincidence or not. Just thought I'd let you know.

Edited by MuskWitch

Thank you to Sakari; I have the same issue with CCNow. So happy to finally have an answer!

You're so very welcome! I know I spent a lot of time fretting about potentially lost orders until I finally figured that one out--happy to help others avoid the nail-biting.... :D

Anyone ever have this happen? My bpal transaction (ccnow) posted to my bank account today. Yay, right? Except that it is showing a second 'placeholder' transaction for the exact same amount, which will overdraw my account if it actually goes through. I'm afraid that I am going to be double charged for my order.

-Edit- Well, I'm not sure what happened. The second placeholder stayed on my account for a few days and then disappeared. My bank actually sent me an overdraw notice, but when I went on my account it never actually overdrew. In any case, it all seems like it has worked itself out.

Edited by SadariEvenstar

What's weird, is with mine, I ordered on the 14th, and it said "Shipped" the next day, the 15th.

Usually it says "Awaiting Shipment" for a week or two before it says "Shipped." Of course I still don't expect a CnS for like, 3 or 4 weeks, but I just find this...weird. I don't mind it, it's just...different!

Anyone else have this?

In reference to the above post, I ordered on the 10th and my account was charged the same day and by the 15th, my order was "shipped".

However, it's my first ever BPAL order, so I've no idea when to expect a CnS.

Maybe you're just lucky? :)

What's weird, is with mine, I ordered on the 14th, and it said "Shipped" the next day, the 15th.

Usually it says "Awaiting Shipment" for a week or two before it says "Shipped." Of course I still don't expect a CnS for like, 3 or 4 weeks, but I just find this...weird. I don't mind it, it's just...different!

Anyone else have this?

I had the exact same thing happen (same days and everything). I tried writing to BPAL but so far have not gotten a response.. however, I think it's just CCNow being, as you say, weird. :)

I placed my order October 7th and the CCNow says it shipped Oct 15, still haven't recieved it and I've also sent about 4 emails to Bpal requesting information and have not yet had a reply. How do I get this taken care of??