Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

I have been in the BPAL community for a while, but I'm sad to say that I haven't placed my own Big Girl Lab Order until this Halloween release. :/ That being said, I'm kind of lost. I placed my order (7 bottles) on the 5th of August, my bank card has been since charged and it has come out of my account (last week!), and I am seeing CnS's for orders placed the same day and (I think) later, but I haven't heard anything.

I went to the CCnow site and entered all of the info in so I could check on my order and this is what it said:

Order History:

05 Aug 2009 - Received

11 Aug 2009 - Order Shipped

There are plenty of people who ordered on the 5th who have already gotten a CnS as well as some that have received their orders. Halp?

I am in the same boat rubymulligan. I placed an order on 8/5 for BBM, yet have nto received a CnS yet. All three of my orders have been charged and all three of my order histories say they are shipped. This is only my second, thrid, and fourth orders to the lab. I didn't really pay close attention to the first one, I'm sad to say.

All shipped means (on CCNOW) is that your account was charged and the order was "shipped" (we refer to it as "harvested") to the lab for fulfillment. Don't expect a CNS for a few weeks after harvesting. :D

All shipped means (on CCNOW) is that your account was charged and the order was "shipped" (we refer to it as "harvested") to the lab for fulfillment. Don't expect a CNS for a few weeks after harvesting. :D

A few weeks? WOW. I guess that is all well and good, and I'm normally semi-patient, but I couldn't help having a little case of curiosity-kills-the-cat when I see the most recent posts in the CnS thread look like this:

Ordered: 8/5, CnS: 8/14, Shipped: 8/14

Ordered: 8/5, CnS: 8/17, Shipped: 8/18

Ordered: 8/6, CnS: 8/17, Shipped: 8/18

Ordered: 8/5, CnS: 8/18, Shipped: 8/18

Ordered: 8/6, CnS: 8/17, Shipped: 8/17

I know I should at least give it another few days before questioning it, but still... I can't help but be curious as to how it all works. What determines some people getting a CnS before others?

A few weeks? WOW. I guess that is all well and good, and I'm normally semi-patient, but I couldn't help having a little case of curiosity-kills-the-cat when I see the most recent posts in the CnS thread look like this:

I know I should at least give it another few days before questioning it, but still... I can't help but be curious as to how it all works. What determines some people getting a CnS before others?

while i can't be certain, i think it must go something like this: the lab gets a big batch of orders, harvests them up to a certain date, prepares them, then there's this big heap of orders to be processed with mailing labels. that's why even if you were the very first person to place an order after the update went live, you will likely not be the first person to get a cns.

really, you have nothing to worry about just yet. there have been times when i was going crazy waiting for my cns to get to me when people who ordered over a week after i did were getting theirs. i know it's hard to be patient, be strong. :D

The Lab's web page states that shipping time is 14-21 days. For a while I would order around the lunacy and get my CNS around the next lunacy or maybe a little before. Shipping was really fast recently in between huge updates.

Things being backordered would impact who gets a CNS before someone else. Ordering via PayPal as opposed to CCNOW seems to have an impact (although slight) as those seem to be grouped together.

I've kept a spreadsheet for the past two years of when I placed my order, what payment method I used, when my bank was charged, when I got a CNS, and when I received my package. So I'm not just pulling things out of my butt, as it were.

But the whole point is -- it doesn't matter that CCNOW says "SHIPPED". That doesn't mean your item is shipped from BPAL. It means it was sent to BPAL.

Rubymulligan, I understand that your concern is because you are seeing other orders which were placed at the time your order was placed and the CnS notices are passing you by. I'm wondering if those other orders were much smaller than yours or if one or more of your bottles is holding it up a bit. It's still early, so I wouldn't be too worried about it, but if it eases your mind, I would just send them an email. Bear in mind, though, it isn't yet 10 business days from when your order was placed. :D

Rubymulligan, I understand that your concern is because you are seeing other orders which were placed at the time your order was placed and the CnS notices are passing you by. I'm wondering if those other orders were much smaller than yours or if one or more of your bottles is holding it up a bit. It's still early, so I wouldn't be too worried about it, but if it eases your mind, I would just send them an email. Bear in mind, though, it isn't yet 10 business days from when your order was placed. :D

No, no. I'm not going to bother them with an email. I've never ordered directly from the Lab so I can only go by what I'm seeing around me. I'm seeing orders large and small placed at the same time as mine getting CnS's left and right, so that's my only uncertainty. It's very possible that your suggestion of a certain bottle(s) holding it up, but seeing as I placed the order moments after the update and everything I ordered was from this update, that may or may not be the case.

I'll just continue to watch how things progress. If the 14-21 days goes by and I haven't heard a word, maybe I'll send them an email then. I'm really not being impatient or complaining. I hope no one gets that vibe from me. I'm just comparing what/when/how I placed my order to other people with similar orders and wanted to know how the whole process worked. :D

I'll just continue to watch how things progress. If the 14-21 days goes by and I haven't heard a word, maybe I'll send them an email then. I'm really not being impatient or complaining. I hope no one gets that vibe from me. I'm just comparing what/when/how I placed my order to other people with similar orders and wanted to know how the whole process worked. :D

i totally remember how i felt after my first order from the lab. i waited and waited and waited... this was back in 2006 and i had not joined the forum (didn't join until a year later) so i had no idea why i had not heard anything from the lab, fulfillment times were so much longer back then. when i timidly sent a note exactly a month to the day after i had placed my order, kathy wrote me right back and told me that next week they would be pulling orders from that time frame. i felt so relieved!

just try to hold on a bit longer, the squee will be worth it when you do get the cns.

:glomp:

I've got a weird thing going on with my order placed on 9/17. I cancelled the order I placed on 9/14, which was identical, because I realized I had put down incorrect billing information, did a reorder and corrected the info on 9/17.

Now, from my experience to this point (aka one recent order and one back in Marchish that I don't even remember the timeframe for), order harvested (aka shipped on CC Now) only takes about four days or so. So, it's the 22nd now, and I'm still awaiting a harvest on it. I figure there's a slightly longer time at the moment for harvesting orders, that's all. So I go into my bank account this morning, and the charge for that order is not on the account anymore (and usually that only happens on the day that it's harvested, and doesn't appear until the next day or so, and, at this point, it's listed as still awaiting shipment in CC Now).

Is this normal, or am I just being insanely paranoid?

You're fine, I'm pretty sure. ;) There have been lotsa orders and they're probably still working through 'em all. You can always do what a lot of us do, and check out the various CnS (Clink 'n' Ship) or "I Got My Order" threads to see which date of orders the labbies are approximately working on. You can find those threads in the subforum, "BPAL chatter" towards the top, pinned or stickied.

Here are the direct links:

CnS thread

I Got My Order thread

It looks like the labbies are working on 9/2 orders.

BTW, the lab's ordering pages do state that it can take upwards of 2-3+ weeks for orders to be fulfilled. Hope some of this helps ya out!

Edited by devilot

:)

Thanks for the help. It's mostly Halloween scents with an imp pack, and I'm just worried I accidentally came across something that got back ordered or something. My order from a week before (9/10)'s already been harvested, so I guess it's the waiting game at this point.

I'm not quite sure this is the right place for this, but it seemed most like what I'm after.

Is there any way to log in to CC Now and see my old orders? I didn't write them down when I made them, and now I'm wondering if I ordered one fewer bottle than I thought of something or if I have lost a bottle.

Thanks!

I'm not quite sure this is the right place for this, but it seemed most like what I'm after.

Is there any way to log in to CC Now and see my old orders? I didn't write them down when I made them, and now I'm wondering if I ordered one fewer bottle than I thought of something or if I have lost a bottle.

Thanks!

I'm assuming you no longer have the e-mail confirmations? I'm a slow deleter; I have this link:

https://www.ccnow.com/cgi-local/os.cgi?

which brings you to the "Find Your Order" page. When I plug in the entire credit card number plus my e-mail address I get a list of every CCNow order I've ever made (I've only been ordering since May of this year, though). If I put in an order date as well I get that specific order.

Thanks! That gets me close, but because I no longer have the order date (it was for Snake Charmer Res.) I'd have to guess. Maybe I'll try this weekend.

Thanks! That gets me close, but because I no longer have the order date (it was for Snake Charmer Res.) I'd have to guess. Maybe I'll try this weekend.

I'm extremely anal. I keep all of the e-mail confirmations and label them with "bpal orders" so I can find each and every one with the label (I love gmail!) and I also keep a spreadsheet with everything detailed, even the category and note descriptions. I make notes on the spreadsheet when it gets harvested (if paid with ccnow), when I get the cns, when it arrives, which frimps I got...

:whistle: What? Yes, I'm a virgo.

I made a purchase via CCNow on the 9th of September. My Order status shows it as Shipped on the 14th, and the money was taken from my account that day. I received a ClicknShip this morning, but I believe that it's from a seperate purchase I made on the 18th, as that money was taken from my account last night, and that's the usual way things go. I was just wondering if anyone made a purchase around the 9th and is experiencing any delays.

This is a very common misunderstanding that gets brought up all the time. CCNow's order status of "shipped" just means the Lab harvested your order to work on it. The CnS is probably for your first order, and you'll get another one soon for your order from the 18th.

Does anyone know if Omen is still available? Every time I click to buy some, what actually ends up in my basket is Lady MacBeth (which does not seem to be at all similar). Is this a glitch in the ordering system or is the Universe politely suggesting that Omen might not be the right scent for me???

Has anyone else had this problem? I placed an order on the 30th of November. Now, I know rationally that there is no way my order would have been harvested yet, but, I went to look and check order status anyway (cause I am horribly impatient sometimes) and it keeps telling me there is no such order on record. I used my order number, email, credit card number, order total and date of purchase. I am wondering if there was a glitch and I have to place the order again. But am nervous about that in case of being charged twice. It is not pending with my bank yet either. Usually I noticed that it is pending in the first couple of days and then disappears until after it's been harvested.

Anyway...HELP! What would you do?

Has anyone else had this problem? I placed an order on the 30th of November. Now, I know rationally that there is no way my order would have been harvested yet, but, I went to look and check order status anyway (cause I am horribly impatient sometimes) and it keeps telling me there is no such order on record. I used my order number, email, credit card number, order total and date of purchase. I am wondering if there was a glitch and I have to place the order again. But am nervous about that in case of being charged twice. It is not pending with my bank yet either. Usually I noticed that it is pending in the first couple of days and then disappears until after it's been harvested.

Do you remember what time you placed the order and are you in a time zone that's behind CCNow's? I had this problem with my last order. I had placed it around 11:30pm West Coast time and when I went to check the status, it kept telling me that there was no record of such an order. I then saw that CCNow is based somewhere in the Central Time belt and tried checking my order with all the info, except with the date moved up to the next day (10/22 instead of 10/21). And it worked!

I hope the problem is as simple as that! Let us know how it goes!

Do you remember what time you placed the order and are you in a time zone that's behind CCNow's? I had this problem with my last order. I had placed it around 11:30pm West Coast time and when I went to check the status, it kept telling me that there was no record of such an order. I then saw that CCNow is based somewhere in the Central Time belt and tried checking my order with all the info, except with the date moved up to the next day (10/22 instead of 10/21). And it worked!

Damn! That was it! LOL! I usually use Pay Pal for my orders. I think in the last few years this is only the second or third time I have used CC Now. Thank you! :)

I have had the time zone issue.

I have also noticed that CCNow likes to pretend that my orders don't exist until they are actually harvested by the lab, then the tracking page starts working for me again. People in another thread have also mentioned that the date line seems to be buggy, and does not like 2010 dates.

Ordered February 5 2010

creditcard billed February 5 2010

sent inquiry today, haven't heard a thing, slightly unhappy

recieved a response 2/25

Bill says that the order usually ships within 2-3 weeks, I quote

"Your order has not shipped, and we apologize for the inaccurate ship date reported by CCNow. Our normal shipping time is 2-3 weeks from the date of purchase, and we are currently shipping orders that were placed on 2/3. Hopefully your order will ship within the next couple of business days; we apologize for the delay and we appreciate your patience. "

Since it has been 3 weeks and they still haven't shipped, yep I'm not happy I do understand that the products are hand made and take time to make but I do think that they should at 3 weeks let the customer know what the status is

I never said a thing about CC NOW or anything about what date they put for shipping as I had previously read that they would report the ship date incorrectly, I did however call CCnow and ask them why they are billing the credit card prior to shipping as its illegal to do so.

Edited by JP17

Since it has been 3 weeks and they still haven't shipped, yep I'm not happy I do understand that the products are hand made and take time to make but I do think that they should at 3 weeks let the customer know what the status is

I never said a thing about CC NOW or anything about what date they put for shipping as I had previously read that they would report the ship date incorrectly, I did however call CCnow and ask them why they are billing the credit card prior to shipping as its illegal to do so.

CCNOW preauthorizes immediately but that drops off after a few days. Once your item is actually "harvested", you get the real charge. Unless you're using PayPal through CCNOW which would take the money immediately AND which BPAL asks us not to do on the Shiny & New page (http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/new.html, right at the top.)

If they spent all of their time contacting their HUGE customer base individually to let them know that their product is still being made, wouldn't that just make *everything* go more slowly? Or they'd have to hire someone SPECIFICALLY to do that one job.. and raise prices more. That's why we have the update threads on the forum... They usually are good about updating the "packed through" and "backordered" threads. If that doesn't work, you can always watch the CNS thread to see which dates are shipping and what the people ordered.

BUT -- the reason I came in here --

I am VERY unhappy with CCNOW right now. Last lunacy I got one "your security code is incorrect" e-mail and had to place my order again. This month I've had TWO. Same card that I always use. I always check very carefully to make sure all of my information is correct. So as it stands right now, CCNOW has preauthorized my account THREE TIMES for one order (the two that "failed" and the subsequent order which hasn't failed yet) so I'm missing 3x the money out of my account until the preauthorizations drop off. Which does take a few days. And I'm VERY poor until Friday.

GRRRRRRR. :villagers: