Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

Every time I order, the C&S either fails to arrive or I get it the day after my order arrives. I know my last order shipped 11/29 from the CC Now site but still no C&S.

Is it just me?

Are you interpreting the "shipped" status at CC Now as being the actual ship date? Because if so, that's probably where your confusion is. "Shipped" on CCNow only means the lab is working on the order, not that the order has actually shipped. The order does not actually ship until the CnS email comes through from USPS. I've noticed my CCNow order status switches to "shipped" about 7 days (on average) before the order actually goes out from the lab. Hope that helps! :P

Edited by angelicruin

Are you interpreting the "shipped" status at CC Now as being the actual ship date? Because if so, that's probably where your confusion is. "Shipped" on CCNow only means the lab is working on the order, not that the order has actually shipped. The order does not actually ship until the CnS email comes through from USPS. I've noticed my CCNow order status switches to "shipped" about 7 days (on average) before the order actually goes out from the lab. Hope that helps! :D

Oh :P I was all excited thinking my order was on the way and I could go to work this weekend smelling all pepperminty. (With the added bonus of telling friends the perfume name is "Lick It Like You Mean It"!) Well, I know it is on the way, I just thought it was shipped already.

I have yet to get a C&S message until after I have my sniffies in my hot little hands, or I don't get one at all.

topaz, with the Click-n-Ship notices, that's pretty much all up to USPS as to when/if you get the email. Sometimes their servers get backed up or something and take days to send out notices for packages that have already been shipped. The Lab has no control over it. Sometimes the messages get lost in spam or junk mail folders, though, so I've got the email address the notices come from on my safe list (USPS_Shipping_Services@usps.com) to make sure they always wind up in my inbox.

topaz, with the Click-n-Ship notices, that's pretty much all up to USPS as to when/if you get the email. Sometimes their servers get backed up or something and take days to send out notices for packages that have already been shipped. The Lab has no control over it. Sometimes the messages get lost in spam or junk mail folders, though, so I've got the email address the notices come from on my safe list (USPS_Shipping_Services@usps.com) to make sure they always wind up in my inbox.

I read a very old thread where the USPS had updated their system and there were problems with the C&S. I breeze through my spam before deleting it because I lost a message from an old friend of mine who I would have dearly loved to talk to. I figure a lot of my messages go where the second sock and the other earring wind up...

I'm just whining and impatient because money has been so tight lately and this is the first real treat I've given myself in ages. I feel like my kids on a long car trip "Is it here yet? Is it here yet?" The frimps are always like a gift within a gift and make opening a new order that much more fun :P

so basically, from what i'm reading here... "awaiting shipment" means nothing. and the wait time on orders is highly variable? just making sure i understand correctly...i have 3 orders placed(i went a little overboard) and i've never ordered from bpal before.

"awaiting shipment" is a CCNow term, not a Lab term - "shipment" in this case is when CCNow sends a batch of orders to the Lab. (I understand that the Lab works those into the production queue based on the order date itself, not the date they receive them from CCNow, so that customers will not be at a disadvantage using CCNow instead of PayPal, particularly at update time when there's a rush of orders.) So as far as meaning nothing, that is true in the sense that it has no connection to when you are going to receive your order.

The actual wait time on orders seems to be running pretty consistently with the time posted on the Lab's welcome page, which is currently 14 to 21 business days. I usually watch the CnS thread in BPAL Chatter to see what dates the Lab seems to be shipping. Right now I'm seeing a lot of orders from the time period November 11 through 13, which falls about 16 to 18 business days back. There are always exceptions - if you are waiting on an order from significantly earlier, it would probably be worth e-mailing customer service to find out if there's a problem - but between the Lab's posted turnaround times and the CnS data people post, you can get a pretty good feel about how fast things will be moving.

Hullo! :P I'm new to BPAL, and am very excited to say that I placed my first order of imps on December 10th. Shortly after I placed the order, CCNow charged to my bank account, no problem. I got an email confirming that my order was received. All seemed well - but suddenly, the CCNow charge to my bank account has vanished from my online bank statement, and the money has been returned to my account. I have received no notice of cancellation.. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

Hullo! :P I'm new to BPAL, and am very excited to say that I placed my first order of imps on December 10th. Shortly after I placed the order, CCNow charged to my bank account, no problem. I got an email confirming that my order was received. All seemed well - but suddenly, the CCNow charge to my bank account has vanished from my online bank statement, and the money has been returned to my account. I have received no notice of cancellation.. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

Hi and welcome to the forum! :D

I go through CCNow and that has happened with all of my orders. I think CCNow verifies that the funds are available, then releases the money back to your account until right before your order is sent to the Lab. The charge should reappear in a week or more, right before your order actually goes to the lab. (If you're interested in reading a bit more about the CCNow process, ivyandpeony talked a bit about ordering and wait times in the post right above your question; that might help if you want to know about turnaround time as well.)

Hope that helps! Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions or need clarification.

Hullo! :D I'm new to BPAL, and am very excited to say that I placed my first order of imps on December 10th. Shortly after I placed the order, CCNow charged to my bank account, no problem. I got an email confirming that my order was received. All seemed well - but suddenly, the CCNow charge to my bank account has vanished from my online bank statement, and the money has been returned to my account. I have received no notice of cancellation.. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

I go through CCNow and that has happened with all of my orders. I think CCNow verifies that the funds are available, then releases the money back to your account until right before your order is sent to the Lab. The charge should reappear in a week or more, right before your order actually goes to the lab. (If you're interested in reading a bit more about the CCNow process, ivyandpeony talked a bit about ordering and wait times in the post right above your question; that might help if you want to know about turnaround time as well.)

Hope that helps! Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions or need clarification.

Thank you so much! You've alleviated my worry! :P

Yes! It is why I now have the practice of writing down all my pending Lab charges from any source, and then that helps me remember when I get the charges a few weeks later.

Is it possible to place an order through CCNow and then add to it with a PayPal payment? Essentially I am performing some chores for my parents and they are paying me in BPAL, but I would like to add to the order with some of my own wants as well.

Is it possible to place an order through CCNow and then add to it with a PayPal payment? Essentially I am performing some chores for my parents and they are paying me in BPAL, but I would like to add to the order with some of my own wants as well.

The Lab would be your final word on this (answers@blackphoenixalchemylab.com). But because of two policies they've adhered to since I've been around - not permitting add-ons once orders have been placed and not combining separate orders - my guess would be that they aren't able to do it.

*noob wanders out*

So to make sure I understand this clearly, when I check my CCnow order status and it says "Shipped" it means that the good folks at Bpal actually have my order.

My friend, who ordered hers a little less than a week after mine, her order is still "Awaiting shipment" and therefore, Bpal doesn't actually have her order yet?

She's been going on 3 weeks now "Awaiting shipment" but mine "Shipped" in eight days.

I guess I just need to plop my butt down and be patient... but should she be thinking about contacting either CCnow or Bpal?

*noob wanders out*

So to make sure I understand this clearly, when I check my CCnow order status and it says "Shipped" it means that the good folks at Bpal actually have my order.

My friend, who ordered hers a little less than a week after mine, her order is still "Awaiting shipment" and therefore, Bpal doesn't actually have her order yet?

She's been going on 3 weeks now "Awaiting shipment" but mine "Shipped" in eight days.

I guess I just need to plop my butt down and be patient... but should she be thinking about contacting either CCnow or Bpal?

Hi vangel! Welcome! You're right that CCnow "shipped" actually means "the lab is working on your order". If your friend is waiting for a Click'N'Ship, I'd give it another week before she contacts the lab. Orders usually take about 3 weeks or more to process especially when there is a high volume of orders. With the end of the Yule line and the start of the Lupercalia (plus a Lunacy, a 13 and a forum only) the lab is pretty swamped right now. Plus, the "Shipped" status on CCnow could last a very long time or a short time--it depends!

Hey everyone... I'm new to the forum, and recently placed my 2nd BPAL order. I hate to have my first post be a complaint, but I gotta vent.

I placed an order on Jan 26th using CCNOW. A couple weeks later, several fraudulent charges started showing up on my account. Luckily they were all flagged and denied, but I had to be issued a new card. Being that my order had not been charged yet, I sent an inquiry to CCNOW asking if there was any way to change the credit card information WITHOUT cancelling and resubmitting the order. (Not wanting it to take even longer to receive my order.)

Fast forward a few days later, haven't heard back from CCNOW, so I give up and go ahead and cancel and resubmit the order with new credit card information.

Today, CCNOW responds saying they cancelled my order "as requested". Only they cancelled my new, completely different order number!!!

I went ahead and did the whole resubmitting ALL over again. Though if I'd been thinking straight, I should have just used Paypal to place a new order instead - that's definitely what I will be doing in the future!!! Argh.

I emailed the Lab about this but I haven't heard anything back yet.

I made an order a few hours ago, and I was going to pay for it via paypal which is what i always do. However, for the first time EVER, paypal will only let me pay with a CREDIT CARD. It says that a credit card payment is the only payment I can use for this transaction, and not a bank transfer.

I don't have a credit/debit card. I have been using bank transfers since about 2005 to pay for my bpal. why the sudden change?

Does this mean I can't buy from the Lab anymore? :cry:

Edited by ancilla

Hullo! :D I'm new to BPAL, and am very excited to say that I placed my first order of imps on December 10th. Shortly after I placed the order, CCNow charged to my bank account, no problem. I got an email confirming that my order was received. All seemed well - but suddenly, the CCNow charge to my bank account has vanished from my online bank statement, and the money has been returned to my account. I have received no notice of cancellation.. Has this happened to anyone else before? Any idea what's going on?

Thanks in advance!

It can actually take up to three-plus weeks...I should know. I placed two orders at the end of January, one for the Lab and one for the Post. Post cleared, no problem. The Lab order I assumed did too, and didn't look super close at my transaction history. Stupid Hes. So me thinking its all good in the hood goes on my merry way, till wha-bamn, just on Tuesday of this week or so there's the charge again, this time for really real. And I have a couple of overdraft charges on piddly stuff to show for it. No blame to anyone at BPAL, just a word of warning to the patrons who might be as oblivious as I am. Forewarned is forearmed. :P

soooo...if i look at ccnow, & it says shipped on 2/16, & the charges came out of my account on 2/18, does that mean it's most likely on it's way? because i placed my order on 1/30, & really, i'm about to pee my pants, i'm so excited for my order to come.

I emailed the Lab about this but I haven't heard anything back yet.

I made an order a few hours ago, and I was going to pay for it via paypal which is what i always do. However, for the first time EVER, paypal will only let me pay with a CREDIT CARD. It says that a credit card payment is the only payment I can use for this transaction, and not a bank transfer.

I don't have a credit/debit card. I have been using bank transfers since about 2005 to pay for my bpal. why the sudden change?

Does this mean I can't buy from the Lab anymore? :cry:

I still haven't gotten a reply from the Lab about this. The order got cancelled and I made another one. Tried to pay for it again and still, credit card only. Wtf??

ETA: nevermind. looked at the paypal thread.

Edited by ancilla

So, I just placed an order through ccnow but didn't get the confirmation email. Has that happened to anyone else? Should I be freaking out?

So, I just placed an order through ccnow but didn't get the confirmation email. Has that happened to anyone else? Should I be freaking out?

there have been plenty of times i've ordered from ccnow and didn't get an e-mail. sometimes it came 12+ hours later, sometimes it never showed up at all. i don't worry as you can look up the order details online.

there have been plenty of times i've ordered from ccnow and didn't get an e-mail. sometimes it came 12+ hours later, sometimes it never showed up at all. i don't worry as you can look up the order details online.

Whew. Okay. thanks for the reassurance. :)

I have been in the BPAL community for a while, but I'm sad to say that I haven't placed my own Big Girl Lab Order until this Halloween release. :/ That being said, I'm kind of lost. I placed my order (7 bottles) on the 5th of August, my bank card has been since charged and it has come out of my account (last week!), and I am seeing CnS's for orders placed the same day and (I think) later, but I haven't heard anything.

I went to the CCnow site and entered all of the info in so I could check on my order and this is what it said:

Order History:

05 Aug 2009 - Received

11 Aug 2009 - Order Shipped

There are plenty of people who ordered on the 5th who have already gotten a CnS as well as some that have received their orders. Halp?