Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

Thanks so much for clearing this up for me, spaceprostitute and tart! I appreciate it.

It's really great that they have these forums for these kinds of queries so that they don't get bogged down with e-mails with the same question!

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before but I can't seem to find it anywhere ...

On my last orders, which were placed Sept. 22 and 26, the orders were "harvested" by the Lab on Sept. 29.

Now I have two outstanding orders from Oct. 27 and Oct. 30 and neither has been harvested. Given the fact that this timing of the Yule LEs also coincided with the deadline for the huge number of discontinued scents, I am guessing this may have been the biggest overload of orders the Labbies have ever had to deal with, and when you add in people trying to get in their Christmas/holiday orders, well, wow ...

But I am wondering if anyone knows whether it is business-as-usual to have nearly two weeks elapse without their picking up any orders from CCNow. Luckily, I didn't order anything with holiday shopping in mind so I don't mind the likelihood of waiting until 2005 if necessary (I have so many goodies from my current 9/22 haul, with a few more bottles coming from the 9/26 order, that I am probably good to go till then anyway).

I just don't start even thinking in terms of "just a few more weeks" until the "shipped" status shows up and I don't recall it ever taking this long before. Of course, my memory kinda sucks these days anyway.

OK, off to review my last few scents!!!

The orders for my Yule scents have not been 'shipped' yet either... and I was talking to another bpal person, and her's hadn't been either.

Morrighana, so you're basically saying that it has no bearing on when the lab actually receives the order from CCNow?

I don't even bother looking at my order once it's submitted. I've done 3 orders now and all have come when they were supposed to. I wouldn't be too worried about it.

In my experience it's about every two weeks that they harvest orders. If yours were harvested very close to when you ordered, then you just happened to order at the end of their little cycle. I placed an order on 09/29/04, it was harvested on 09/29/04. I placed three orders after that. Two of them were harvested on 10/27/04, but I must have missed the harvesting on 10/27/04 because my order placed on 10/27/04 was not harvested with it.

However, when your order was harvested has very little to do with anything, unless you're interested about when your card is going to be charged. Regardless of when your order was harvested, it's going to take 4-6+ from the date you placed the order to get your oils because they process by order date, not harvest date (as evidenced by the fact that people whose orders were placed on 09/23/04 and harvested on 09/29/04 are already getting their oils and my order was harvested on the same day and I have bupkiss because I ordered later than they did).

So really, unless you're worried about when your card will be charged, the only reason you really have to care about the shipped status on CCNOW is if it's been close to 30 days since you've placed the order and it hasn't been harvested yet and you're in danger of having the order automatically canceled then.

Edited by spaceprostitute

If "harvested" means that they deduct the money from your account, it could be 2-3 weeks. The money is always immediately deducted from my account, but since they rarely actually claim the money in the allotted 5 days, it is put back on until it's claimed by the lab, which is about 3 weeks later. I'm still waiting for the deduction of funds from my Oct. 27th order, and I suspect I have a few more weeks to go.

Morrighana, so you're basically saying that it has no bearing on when the lab actually receives the order from CCNow?

If I understand your question correctly, then yes, that is what I am saying. :P

Just don't worry about it. You will eventually get your order, and if something goes wrong, the lab will ben over backwards to fix it.

Chill out, and drool with anticipation.

My first order back in July took 4 or 5 weeks from when I placed it to when I got it.

My latest order including Fall LE's was placed 9/30, CCNow shows it was picked up by the Lab on Oct. 14 and my latest credit card bill shows the charge. I haven't got a click-and-ship on it yet, so I'm guessing it'll be about 8 weeks total to receive this order.

:P Can someone exlpain what "Awaiting Shipment" means? I assume that means the lab has my order and is in the process of making it, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks

:P  Can someone exlpain what "Awaiting Shipment" means? I assume that means the lab has my order and is in the process of making it, but I just wanted to make sure. Thanks

If you are using CCNOW, then all 'awaiting shipment' means is they haven't sent the info on to the lab...

When it says 'shipped' all that means is the lab has your order... it won't ship until at least a month after you put your order in.

Hope that helps.

:P Why haven't they sent the info on to the lab yet? Sorry to ask so many questions, but this is my first time ordering and I just want to get an understanding of what the process is.

:P  Why haven't they sent the info on to the lab yet? Sorry to ask so many questions, but this is my first time ordering and I just want to get an understanding of what the process is.

It just takes some time sometimes... none of my Yule orders have been 'shipped'

Here's a thread that might help you out:

http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=8267

I made 2 orders on 10/27, and neither one has been harvested. I'm glad to see others haven't either, because I was beginning to wonder if there was a problem with my credit card.

I am not not chilling (wow, that sounds awkward but I can't figure out a better way to put it) but a tiny bit perplexed and here is why ...

The first of the two orders included discontinued scents under the deadline. Given the fact that they are no doubt getting a ton of orders for those and had a strict deadline, I would have thought they might have done a "harvest" (or process, as I now know it's officially called) right after the deadline so that they would have all of the orders potentially including discontinued scents that were placed "on time" separate from the other orders ...

I know they accidentally originally cut off CCNow orders a day early, which seems to coincide with their last process date, then realized the glitch and reinstated the original deadline for those of us ordering only discontinued imps (as I did). Just hoping those of us who ordered the next day don't end up in the discontinued cold. :P

I mean, I'm sure I won't, but just a tad concerned because of that timing.

I'm guessing there is a finite amount of the discontinued scents, but also feel confident that the Lab will not let its customers down. Just thinking that letting such a very long time elapse before processing at the tail end of what must have been one of their busiest order times perhaps ever seems mystifying ...

JazzieCazzie, there's been no indication that there was a finite amount of the discontinued scents. So if you got the order in, you'll get the scent. :P

Based on the post's the lab has made about how they pull down orders, they are harvested in two week blocks (two weeks worth of orders, not harvested every two weeks) after the last block of orders has been filled. This seems to be entirely independent of the update timing, so they would not have harvested the yule update/discontinued orders before they had filled the previous orders, and judging from the C'n'S thread, they're still working on Samhain and Harvest Moon orders.

All my orders have been 'harvested' now... even the one that I made yesterday.

Yup -- my Yules aplenty and Diamond Duo orders have been harvested, and now I can hear the little voice of my credit card screaming in dismay. It's quite amusing, really.

[i take this as a sign that I should finish Christmas shopping now. Cha-ching!]

You know, I don't think there's any actual way to know when orders are 'harvested'. Sometimes, the funds from my account don't actually end up 'charged' till weeks later after I place the order. Sometimes, the funds are 'charged' in a few days. I just got charged for my Yule order. Anything I ordered after that appears to not have been 'charged' but the status on CCnow is still showing up as "shipped".

I think it all depends on how busy the lab is. I honestly have no idea.

-Leslie

All my orders have been 'harvested' now... even the one that I made yesterday.

Thank you for posting that dear, I was starting to work about mine as well (dumb bank is suspending my credit card at the end of the week with approximately 6 days warning because they are giving me a new one with a new number as one of the companies that processes Visa card managed to process things "improperly"). I was about the email Nella, but now it looks like I don't have to.

Yay for orders being harvested!

No problem, astrobabe :P

I noticed on my internet checking that I had some charges, so I decided to check my orders, and they were all marked 'shipped'