Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lucymoonstar

CCNow Questions & Problems

Yup, you're okay. I think CCNow is still *supposed* to be giving you a box to fill in your choices, I'm really not surprised that it isn't. :P

In retrospect, I think I'm actually glad that the Lab can't accept Canadian orders through CCNow anymore. Paypal really is SO much less hassle!

<3 paypal.

(plus paypal lets me directly go swap out $ -> new order $ without having to do some mumbo jumbo in between! and it's an added bonus that beth & co get more money than through ccnow)

Forgive me if this has been discussed. I did a search, and looked in the FAQ, and despite the fact that I read something about this, I couldn't find it. Anyway. I could swear I read somewhere that your credit card wouldn't be billed until your order was ready to be shipped. I just ordered on October 6th, and I've been billed already. My order cannot possibly be ready already, can it? I don't really care about how long it will take, I just don't want to be excited for nothing.

No, you're not billed when your order is ready to be shipped. You're billed when the Lab has pulled your order and is ready to start working on it.

basically, what tart said.

but if you're using ccnow, when your order status says "shipped," it means your credit card/debit card has been billed for the amount and that the lab has received your order information. it's very misleading.

Actually, I had a similar problem. I made a $71.50 purchase on 10/8. The next morning, my bank had deducted the money. However, since no one "claimed" the money within 5 days, it was refunded to my card. My CCnow status is "shipped," but the money has not been re-deducted. I'm searching for Nella's email now to see when I can expect the money to be re-deducted so I can keep my own records straight.

I went to my CCnow receipt for my first order and clicked on 'check the status of my order' and this came up:

Order Number: 66-1048

Order Status: Shipped

Order History:

02 Oct 2004 - Received

14 Oct 2004 - Order Shipped

What the heck? I know that can't be right, what exactly does "order shipped" mean on that page?

Apologies for any airheadedness (completely missing something obvious, posting this in the wrong forum section, etc.)

I think it means it's been pulled from the Lab's stock. It generally doesn't mean it's really been shipped. But that's just how I understand it, I could be wrong. :P

~ Penance

From what I've been told is that your order has been shipped TO the lab...meaning they have it...that's all unfortunately.

Okay, that makes sense :P Grr though, if they just got my order on the 14th, that means I have to wait even longer for it to come in than I thought I did :D *grumble*

no, it means the details of the order (what the person orders) gets sent to the lab because the credit/debit card transactions went through.

I had a CCNow order that didn't "ship" until two weeks after I placed it, would the lab start filling out an order before the credit card was approved (mine doesn't take very long to get approval in other places, on or offline)? Paypal always takes my creditcard immediately, is it better to order through them instead? I know I'm going to forget a shipping charge or something if I have to fill it in myself, lol :P

after having problems with CCnow the first time i orderd, i just make my own list in word or excel and add up the totals that way.. i know some people will use the CCnow ordering system and then just copy the info into the paypal comment window so it's all calculated for you that way..

I had a CCNow order that didn't "ship" until two weeks after I placed it, would the lab start filling out an order before the credit card was approved (mine doesn't take very long to get approval in other places, on or offline)? Paypal always takes my creditcard immediately, is it better to order through them instead?  I know I'm going to forget a shipping charge or something if I have to fill it in myself, lol :P

I don't think that it really makes it faster if you order through Paypal, because I think that EVERYONE would be ordering through them if it did! lol. (Unless you're scared like me and refuse to put a bank acct. onto your paypal acct. lol) So I don't think that changes it...

And Luxuria, I'm not too sure if that really makes a difference... it says on the main page it takes 21-30 days to fill and order or so... but it doesn't say "From the time it's shipped to us". I don't think it says "From the time you order" either though, but I don't think that makes a difference... I've saw posts in the Click N Ship (I think...) thread, where people were getting Click N Ships after about 1 month from the date they ordered, so don't worry sweetie!

I had a CCNow order that didn't "ship" until two weeks after I placed it, would the lab start filling out an order before the credit card was approved (mine doesn't take very long to get approval in other places, on or offline)? Paypal always takes my creditcard immediately, is it better to order through them instead?  I know I'm going to forget a shipping charge or something if I have to fill it in myself, lol :P

Use whatever is convenient for you. Like the poster above me said, when your card is charged is not indicative of when you get your order. It's still 21-30 business days because they process the orders by the date you ordered, not the date your card was charged.

For me, I don't use paypal and I don't mind that my card isn't charged right away, in fact it's kind of nice for me. And I can easily remember that I have some pending charges and not overspend. But, some people don't like having the charges just sitting out there or else know that they're the type to forget they made an order and then get an unpleasant surprise a couple weeks later when they get their statement and realized they kind of spent the money twice because they forgot the BPAL order and bought other things in the meantime. It's up to you.

Alright...I was confused about this same issue because my order says "shipped" on the 27th of Oct and my card was charged then as well. But I was beginning to worry as USPS priority mail usually takes 4 days tops to get here, and it's been 6 (including Saturday).

Let me make sure I understand what has been stated here. "Order shipped" just means that BPAL has received your order and is in the process of filling it. Is this correct?? If so, does one get an e-mail notification when your order has actually shipped or is it more like going to the mail box and "Surprise! Your smellies have arrived!"?

If so, does one get an e-mail notification when your order has actually shipped or is it more like going to the mail box and  "Surprise! Your smellies have arrived!"?

Not everyone receives a Click 'n Ship notification for their order.

If so, does one get an e-mail notification when your order has actually shipped or is it more like going to the mail box and  "Surprise! Your smellies have arrived!"?

Not everyone receives a Click 'n Ship notification for their order.

Ah...is it random or is it something that you have to request on ordering? I don't remember it being an option on ccnow, but I have sleep deprived mom mush brain these days, LOL!

I'm just WAY too excited about getting these little babies into my grubby little hands.

Ah...is it random or is it something that you have to request on ordering?  I don't remember it being an option on ccnow, but I have sleep deprived mom mush brain these days, LOL! 

It is random. The Lab does their part to send them to everyone, but you only actually receive one if the USPS wants to send you one.

Alright...I was confused about this same issue because my order says "shipped" on the 27th of Oct and my card was charged then as well.  But I was beginning to worry as USPS priority mail usually takes 4 days tops to get here, and it's been 6 (including Saturday).

Let me make sure I understand what has been stated here.  "Order shipped" just means that BPAL has received your order and is in the process of filling it.  Is this correct??  If so, does one get an e-mail notification when your order has actually shipped or is it more like going to the mail box and  "Surprise! Your smellies have arrived!"?

I don't know if your question was every outright answered, so here goes.

a) You do indeed understand the "shipped" (yes, those are air quotes) and are correct. Your order has not been shipped to you. You have, mostly likely, another three week wait minimum.

B) Most (not all...most) people get a click n ship if you're in the US. Personally, I have never not gotten one. However, some people report never receiving them. There was a glitch in the USPS CnS system that made it that only the top person on the list of 10 people to send out click n ships to ended up getting the email. Hopefully that has been fixed. But like I said, I have always gotten a CnS for my orders and I know the lab does their damnedest to notify when orders ship, but it is a time consuming process.

Edited by spaceprostitute