Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
wendyb1063

Creamy Spicy Florals, a/k/a Florientals

After looking through my list of favorites, I realize that two of the very top scents for me are Hod (Resurrected) and Flowering Chrysanthemums. I just love these scents, and would love to find others that are similar. Any suggestions? I think that Tissue is almost in the same category as well.

The Harp of The Unpronounceable Irish Name is close, but doesn't quite cut it for me. Similarly, Katrina Van Tassel and Schlafende Baigneuse are in the same general vein.

Thanks for any ideas!

For a spicy and creamy floral I'd recommend Three Brides. I think most carnation, gardenia/tiare blends are usually a little spicy. Some more florals I find spicy: The Witch Queen, Dolce Still Nuovo, Red Rose, Et Lux Fuit, Bakeneko (though the cherry blossom is hardly noticeable on me it's such a nice spicy blend) and Tiki Queen. I've been compiling a list of creamy florals I've tried (most of them contain vanilla), I don't know if it'll be helpful to you since you are looking for a both spicy and creamy blends, but here it is in case: :)

• Chaste Moon 05'
  • The Oval Portrait
  • Signior Dildo
  • Echo
  • Gaoler's Daughter
  • Victoria
  • Voyeurs Among Cherry Blossoms
  • Haloes
  • Cheshire Moon
  • Staged Moon Landing
  • Lady Lilith
  • Defututa (find it a little spicy because of the champaca)
  • Litith Victoria
  • Vasakasajja (another one with champaca)
  • Penis Admiration
  • Monna Vanna
  • Marae
  • Lyonesse
plus the ones you mentioned!

As creamy spicy florals go, Alice and Queen Alice come to mind.

ETA: Searching this thread for the scents you listed gave me some other ideas, too. I'm not familiar with any of these, so YMMV!

London

Two Five Seven

The Gaoler's Daughter

Zarita the Doll Girl

Fairy Market

Hope

Faith

White Chocolate

Sugared Violets

Antique Lace

Edited by furiana

Bathsheba, my all-time favorite, is a gorgeous, creamy, slightly spicy, plummy floral. To me it's a Hod Resurrected with more depth and a touch of plum. I adore it, even though it wrecked Hod for me.

Edited by MedbCruachan

You might try Pannychis. It's not creamy in the sense of "cream", but the jasmine is smooth and milky.

Ooh, I'm in love with Flowering Chrysanthemums too, and my bottle is so lowwwwwwww..... :(

Edited by LadyMedb

I haven't tried Hod, but it'd show up a lot in recommendation threads for carnation. Maiden tends to get more carnationy as it ages. Alice can be pretty heavy on the carnation (and the bottle I got two days ago is almost all honey and carnation... I suspect it did not care for travel). Saint-Germain is largely carnation and amber on me. Bathsheba gets recommended a lot to folks who like those three, but I haven't tried it yet and am not likely to due to the fruit.

Maenad lists carnation, but is not strongly carnation scented to me (plastic strawberries are depressing). Strangler Fig on me is very creamy and spicy, tho I don't think the spice is carnation (no green. at all! so depressing!). Both were frimps with my Alice order, and at least on my skin they obviously "go with" Alice.

I'm a big fan of spicy creamy florals (pretty much all I wear in fact). The most obvious that come to mind are:

Bathsheba (carnation, arabian musk, plum)

Et Lux Fuit

The Oval Portrait

Hod

L'Estate

Black Lily

Event Horizon

Florence

Kubla Khan

Lampades

Zarita

Haloes

Red Lantern

Chrysanthemum Moon

ditto Alice, Queen Alice, The Witch Queen, Three Brides

perhaps:

Clemence

Gwyneth

Inez

Frumious Bandersnatch

Defututa

Mata Hari

The Grindhouse

The Little Wooden Doll

The Miller's Daughter

Vasilissa

Victoria

Schlafende Bagneuse

and from what I hear The Velvets and Lamia might fall under the sweet/spicy floral category as well

and I agree with MedbCruachan that Bathsheba wrecked Hod for me too (though I still like Hod) since it's been my sole GC major love. In fact I got it as my first frimp in my first order and I have never looked back :lol:

I'll try and see if I can remember any more. If I do I'll make sure to come back with them ;)

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions!

I agree that Alice falls into this category too, and it is one that I like a lot. Three Brides, I cannot believe I forgot about that one!

There are a lot of recommended ones that I have tried and love but didn't think of in this category, but will have to try again now. Et Lux Fuit, Haloes, Queen Alice, The Little Wooden Doll, Kubla Khan, Inez, Two Five Seven, Lyonnesse, Echo, and Antique Lace.

And there a number on my current wish list that were recommended: Chrysanthemum Moon, L'Estate, Zarita, Lamia, Lady Lilith.

Red Lantern was too carmel-ly when I tried it the first time, but perhaps I should give it another go.

I'm especially excited to learn of some that someone have missed my radar screen until now! Bathsheba is one I definitely need to try! Strangler Fig, Pannychis, Victoria, and so many more!

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions!

I agree that Alice falls into this category too, and it is one that I like a lot. Three Brides, I cannot believe I forgot about that one!

There are a lot of recommended ones that I have tried and love but didn't think of in this category, but will have to try again now. Et Lux Fuit, Haloes, Queen Alice, The Little Wooden Doll, Kubla Khan, Inez, Two Five Seven, Lyonnesse, Echo, and Antique Lace.

And there a number on my current wish list that were recommended: Chrysanthemum Moon, L'Estate, Zarita, Lamia, Lady Lilith.

Red Lantern was too carmel-ly when I tried it the first time, but perhaps I should give it another go.

I'm especially excited to learn of some that someone have missed my radar screen until now! Bathsheba is one I definitely need to try! Strangler Fig, Pannychis, Victoria, and so many more!

Thanks so much for all of the suggestions!

No problem! :)

(Well, one problem: now my wishlist doubled! :P )

I like to think of myself as kinda of a bad ass and it kinda reflects in the oils I gravitate toward. I have gotten some woodsy and tobaccoy masculine oil (ie Mad Hatter, Antikythera Mechanism,Fenris Wolf) but I don’t like them. They end up reminding me of hippies and head shops, which works for others but not me. In the end, deep down, I think I’m more a powdery 80 year old dowager than a bad ass. My favorites always turn out to be frimps from the floral/amber/oriental scent family and resembled something like a heady, warm traditional perfume. My favs are Haunted and Morocco.

I’m ordering again (no surprise) and I would REALLY like some advice!!If your taste is like mines, skewing towards spicy, warm florals, please tell me what your absolute FAVORITE(s) is (preferably from the more readily available GC). It would also be great if the dowager was able to pull off combat boots or sexy stilettos with her frilly dress and osteoporosis, if you know what I mean. :P

I like to think of myself as kinda of a bad ass and it kinda reflects in the oils I gravitate toward. I have gotten some woodsy and tobaccoy masculine oil (ie Mad Hatter, Antikythera Mechanism,Fenris Wolf) but I don’t like them. They end up reminding me of hippies and head shops, which works for others but not me. In the end, deep down, I think I’m more a powdery 80 year old dowager than a bad ass. My favorites always turn out to be frimps from the floral/amber/oriental scent family and resembled something like a heady, warm traditional perfume. My favs are Haunted and Morocco.

I’m ordering again (no surprise) and I would REALLY like some advice!!If your taste is like mines, skewing towards spicy, warm florals, please tell me what your absolute FAVORITE(s) is (preferably from the more readily available GC). It would also be great if the dowager was able to pull off combat boots or sexy stilettos with her frilly dress and osteoporosis, if you know what I mean. :P

all time favorite, warm spicy floral (I too love Morocco, though I wouldnt consider it floral) -- Defututa. its not really spicy on me, but definitely a warm, thick, sexy floral.

<snipped>

Have you tried Alice or Inez? They both have carnation which is a spicy floral. Inez is especially beautiful, warm and sexy.

INEZ

Golden amber, vanilla musk, myrrh, cedar, carnation, and red sandalwood.

ALICE

Curiouser and curiouser. Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

Edited by mxtine

Bathsheba all the way. No matter how many other rare oils I try I keep coming back to it! ;)

My tastes run along the same lines as yours. Have you tried Mictecacihuatl? Also I'd recommend Sheol, Zombi, Cicuta, Moscow, Wanda, Whip, and Black Rose. I'm new to Bpal but these have all appealed to me.

Paris: lavender, softly underscored by lotus and spice.

Hell's Belle: Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.

My notes for Penis Admiration are "creamy, spicy lilac" (Lilac, ho wood, smoky vanilla, galbanum, and tonka.)

Did no one say Pepper? She is spicy and creamy and gorgeous to me, and they say there's flowers there.

My favorite LOL (lil ole very grand lady) scent is Wicked.

If you like the sound of Pepper, you should try Hermia (pink pepper, golden amber, honeysuckle, passionflower). It's a lovely creamy spicy amber.

Othello might be interesting, too, (Arabian musk with two roses and a bevy of Middle Eastern and Indian spices). I find it more spicy than rosy.

Personally, I like to go for hardcore roses if I'm channelling the Grand Old Lady vibe: Rose Red or Dawn:Mother (impable close matches from the GC would be The Rose & Snooty Rose). Neither are particularly creamy though - maybe Roses, Pearls, Diamonds would do?

I'll also throw out White Rabbit - the black tea is a bit floral in a sense, and it is definitely creamy and spicy...Love! :wub2:

I will also second morocco & Antique Lace...(good luck with Antique lace though, that one is hard to come by!)

For me personally, badass spicy floral = Clemence. :wub2:

But now I'm desperate to check out Bathsheba because I love all things carnation and I'm pretty fond of plum too. Thanks for the reco!