Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
trystrid

Bat's Blood

<span style='color:DarkRed'>From Voodoo Blends:

Vengeance can be yours.
</span>

I smell lilac! Full, lush and still retaining its "greenness" like it had never been plucked from its tree.

I would never have described it as a sensuous scent (lilac makes me think of my childhood), but there's something about the way in which it reacts with my skin that makes it quite sophisticated and decadent. A very "black dress, red lipstick" quality to it. Makes me feel all grown up!

I'm not a big fan of florals so this is a marvellous treat for me.

I have to admit I was really hesitant to try this one out. From the imp it smells really herbal/piney to me. It kinda scared me. After reading trystrid's review I gathered up the nerve to wear it. As soon as it hit my skin the herby piney thing went away and was replaced by a sweet sugary smell, as soon as that dried down I actually did get a sweet floral scent. It probably was violets because that is the only floral that seems to gain in strength from the time I apply it. It started nice and mellow and grew to a big roaring floral sweet violet. So much so that mr. sirensong came in from gardening and asked me why I sprayed some room spray in the house. I don't have and don't use room sprays! I explained I was testing out a new scent and asked what he thought. He said "Its not you." I agree. For some reason, violets and me just don't agree. It would be lovely though if florals are your thing.

Edited by sirensongsouth

although i don't detect lilac, i do agree that this scent is "a very black dress" perhaps velvet? i find it quite herbally with only the smallest hint of the floral that trystrid & sirensongsouth were talking about. it's neither loud nor soft, but has a strength that lies somewhere between the two. there's something in there though, that doesn't agree with either my skin or my nose - so i don't think i'll be buying a bottle of this, which stinks because the colour is SO great - a beautiful, wine red :P

First Impression: Out of the bottle it has the same "juiciness" of say Dragon's Heart and Blood Lotus.

Second Impression: Reminds me of Voodoo only richer and juicier.

Final Analysis: To my nose, Bat's Blood is a juicy, slightly sweet floral. I don't get any herbiness from it. Very rich, mature scent. Love the color and love the way it smells on my skin.

edited to add: I don't know if there is some chocolate note in this blend, but I dabbed a bit on my right hand. Several hours later all that lingered was a faint, very sweet scent of milky sweet cocoa. Peculiar but wonderful!

Edited by andrabell

i know this isn't *supposed* to be worn as a perfume,but it's so fabulous,i'm wearing it anyways! (hehheh i got an imp of it for it's intended purpose,and that said "$#@! it,they don't deserve me wasting my time on them" and decided to apply it to myself rather than a candle form the cemetery.)

But anyways...yeah...i LOVE this stuff. First off,it's such a pretty color. Other people reviewing it said it's 'sophisticated',but i don't get that impression...to me it's the smell of childhood temper-tantrums,bottled up for your sniffing pleasure : D The notes that i pick up are:smoke,violets,and,for some strange reason,grape Otter Pops!!! Yes!!! i am getting a big bottle of this in my next order!!!

In bottle: It smells like a smoky dark floral. I'm definitely getting a whiff of lilac.

On me: Lilac or violet...whichever it is, there's a very dominant floral here. Funny, I didn't expect this to be flowery – I always figured this would be full of resins and patchouli. Whatever is in Bat's Blood, it makes me think of my grandmother's perfumes. She had a collection that sat on a mirrored counter for thirty years, rarely being used. When I played with them, they smelled as Bat's Blood does. If that makes sense to anyone.

bat's blood

at first: this was a freebie from the lab. smells like lilacs, i think. very pretty.

on: gorgeous. almost sweet, but not quite. definitely lilacs.

half an hour later: sweeter now, but still very floral. lovely.

1 hour later: beautiful. all i'm smelling is lilac.

2 hours later: still very nice.

5 hours later: a little powdery, but still fabulous.

overall: i can't believe that something so beautiful is linked to vengeance. this is gorgeous, and i may use it for its intended purpose at some point.

Edited by grrrlennyl

I can't pin down if t's violets or lilac (I'm leaning towards lilac) but I am not a purple flowers kind of girl.

This is a very smooth, herby, almost fruity floral. Very, very pretty, just not very me. Totally not what I would expect from a blend called Bat's Blood.

*sniffed from imp*

Wine-y lilacs, and something musky...very dark, mysterious, and haunting...

A more fanciful description: Dragon's Blood's dark, beautiful and dead sexy mother. I can see Morgaus wearing this =) It's a very evocative scent. Beautiful.

And it's a good thing I'm trading the imp or else I'd start pining away for a bottle :P

Bat's Blood:

Wet: Somewhat similar to Blood. Resiny, less dragon's blood.

Drydown: Mildly herbal, slightly incensy..

Longterm wear: I can't quite place this one. I'm surprised that it comes up more resinous for me than others, but it does. I'm glad I got to try this, but I believe I'll pass it on.

wet: dragon's blood, almost a single note of it

as it dries, it gets a hint of pepper, and a dried herbal type feel, along w/ what i think is a violet and lilac combo i definitely get violet, and another floral, the dried herbal note is actually i *think* the strongest, but the dbr, and floral blend are very well mixed and such a beautiful blend, i know the ritual use, which was one reason i wanted it, but as a perfume it is indeed glorious.

Wanted to LOVE this one and yay, I do!! Which is why I have SO little of it left, oh no!!

Dragon's blood and...jasmine w/something almost creamy.

Stayed true from wet to dry down to hours of wear.

I adore it!!

Bottle (Imp): A hint of sharp, and some other things blended very well.

Just On: There's an undertone of sweetness with a little sharpness, and something a bit spicy.

An hour or two later: I get spice and a bit sweet now.

Around 6 hours: It's spicy, and sweet, and getting lighter now. I'm loving this drydown.

12 hours: This is mostly gone, just hints of spice and sweetness left.

Overall: This is an awesome scent. I can't say a whole lot more than that about it. It stays nice all the way through.

After reading other reviews: I really didn't get much for flowers out of this at all, which is probably good, as my skin doesn't like most flowers. I can see the spice part being for revenge, and I think that honestly, the sweetness would be revenge as well, I've said before revenge is sweet. Vengeance is a little different in my mind, but this scent should work for it. I'm going to try it out against a certain neighbor and see what happens.

Whoa, a trippy smell. Dragon's blood with... something that reminds me of a Bloody Mary. Pepper? Celery? I have no clue. Its spicy, and after a short while the sweetness of what I *think* its dragon's blood wears off. Slightly floral and herbal smelling. Can't wear it, though. :D (You're not even suppose to wear it anyways, right?!?) :P

In the bottle: Like others have said, this is lilac to my nose. With other stuff mixed in that I can't decipher yet.

On: Of course, maybe my nose is saying "lilac" because that's how it often interprets Dragon's Blood. I'm also getting a heavy dose of jasmine.

Unfortunately, neither Dragon's Blood nor jasmine are very good notes for me. I was hoping for a fresh, pure lilac scent - but sadly, this isn't it, at least on my skin.

In the bottle: Sharp, smoky, not sure what I am smelling

Wet: LILAC!

Drydown: still lilac, a little smoky, but lilac nonetheless.

Verdict - not sure how it works as a Voodoo blend (yet) but I love the way it smells!

In the bottle: slightly herbal, yet I'm getting a pine note

Wet: Great, it doesn't like me....the blood note seems to really hate me. One of the reasons I've had my heart broken by several of the Ars Draconis scents....blood strikes again.

Dry: Funky lilac note comes thru making this a truly lethal cocktail. Damn another LE that hates me.

1 hour later: I didn't make the whole hour, I had to wash this off. Off to the swap pile it goes.

In the imp: Something dark and resinous and dragon bloody.

On my skin: A dark lilac scent which eventually gets less dark and more lilacy.

Later on: The lilac scent has given way to the darkness I knew was lurking somewhere. It's now morphed into something a bit more spicy. Sniffing at it is actually irritating my nose a bit. I can't see myself using it for its intended purpose or as a regular perfume, but I like how it smells.

Bat's Blood is very strange on me. I'm definitely getting something dragon's blood-esque, as this has a funky rotten florals sort of smell on me. Sickly sweet and unpleasantly spicy. I'm not really smelling anything that reminds me of lilac :P. Dragon's blood so often takes on this smell that makes me think of sickly, decaying things.

Bat's Blood - My first impression is that there is definitely dragon's blood in this blend, but it has been deepened and darkened by something that I can't identify. It's also got a slightly herbal quality, similar to the other Voodoo blends. I don't have a clue how to use this Voodoo blend, so I can only comment on it as a fragrance. I usually like dragon's blood, and it usually works really well on me, and while this one definitely smells good, it's subtle and sticks very close to my skin. It's got incredible staying power, as most dragon's blood blends do on me. I like it, but it doesn't WOW me enough to seek out more than the one imp I have.

In Bottle: Sweet wood and resin

On Skin: This is so sweet and yummy… oh my!!! I get Dragon’s Blood from it, that must be the resinous note. I don’t get the lilac or florals other people have mentioned at all. To me it’s pretty much just Dragon’s Blood and maybe a sweet wood like cedar in the far background. Very pretty, very dark, but oh so sweet. I love it and would wear it often if I had a bottle. Very light throw (sadly, I wish it was stronger) but good staying power.

i really love this one

blesses enough to score an imp a while back

glad i didn't realize it is a discontinued scent or i might not have used it as much

but alas

i LOVE this one

so will have to add it to the WANT list

dragon's blood with a darker edge

can't explain. it just works. very empowering smell. blends well with my chemistry. smokey but not too much. love LOVE LOVE

straight sniff from bottle is lilac, jasmine and lotus...

once applied something very sweet combined with the florals...

a touch soapy...very bold; not for the faint of heart or anyone

who dislikes heavy florals...after just a few minutes this becomes

resinous while the lilac remains forefront...i do believe there is

dragon's blood in this beauty...a sophisticated blend that will

surely get you noticed :P

i am having trouble picking out notes here. i think perhaps dragon's blood and some sort of white floral- jasmine...or maybe it's lilac how others have mentioned. i swear i smell a bit of orchid too, and something slightly warm and resinous below. eh, this one isn't really for me. the florals are way too strong and they smell a bit like bathroom cleaner on me :/

Edited by theseagrows

Bat's Blood reminds me distinctly of Bruja, which would be the lilac note that other reviewers have mentioned. Somehow, the lilacs in Bruja turned to baby-powdery-vomit-inducing-sweetness on my skin, but Bat's Blood smells fabulous. It's sweet without being powdery or dusty, and has a spicy resin note that I adore. I'm going to need more, for sure. And it helps that I like a bit 'o vengeance, too. :P