Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
fairnymph

Thriambus Atmospheric Spray

THRIAMBUS
A tribute to club life, a modern day hymn to Dionysus: shiraz, clove cigarettes, tobacco, spilled absinthe, latex, vinyl, and artificial fog.

Wine, wine, wine - but not grapey, not at all - true Shiraz, Australian-style to a T - with a whole bunch of intensely clove-y, cigarette-tobacco and some rubber. Yes, rubber. It truly smells like what I imagine a Goth club would, but an upscale one with a bound wine list and clientele wearing $800 outfits. Also, I LOVE the greek lettering on the label! A wonderful Dionysian throwback. Edited by Shollin

Thriambus Atmo Spray - I did not get to smell this in the air, I only got to smell the oil in the tester bottle at the Bat's Day booth, but it's gorgeous. I swooned. I swoon when thinking of it. It's the perfect type of scent to swoon to. It's heavy on the red wine scent, but it's not the scent of cheap red wine, but of high-quality red wine, mixed with cloves and tobacco plus an add smattering of other scents (must be the random absinthe, latex, final, and fog?) that don't really fit the scent, but rather than detract from the overall feel of the scent, actually add to its depth and complexity in a really interesting way. It's a really awesome scent and I'm so glad to know Puddin's making more available for those of us who missed out on it on Saturday. It's a very gothy club-scent and will smell gorgeous in my home and on my linens.

ETA: Puddin' WINS BIG TIME for allowing those of us who missed out on Thriambus at Bat's Day to order some from him. I got mine a couple days ago and haven't stopped using it. I've been spraying it on my linen shower curtain and bath towels and every time I walk into my bathroom, I have a split-second moment of WHOA! WHAT IS THAT AMAZING SMELL?!?! and then I remember it's Thriambus, and I'm so glad I have some. See alicia_stardust's review below: I couldn't put it any better than that. Her experience with it is exactly the same as my own. In the bottle, it smelled mostly like wine to me, but after spraying it on my linens in my bathroom, my bathroom smells like sexy clove cigarettes and wine. It's so uber-gothy and reminds me a million times over of all the best parts of my old club days.

Edited by Edens Sixth Day

I love this spray and believe it to be my favorite spray of all time! :wub2:

It is very spicy, and I smell no latex in it at all with just a hint of red wine. The only set back I see is that I only have one bottle and it is an LE.

This spray is awesome. :wub2: As I spray it, I can smell cloves, wine, tobacco, and something almost anise-like, maybe it's the absinthe.

I love this spray and wish the Trading Post had released it in larger quantities.

Edited by angelicruin

This is at the top of my atmo spray favorites, up there with Thousand Pillar, Snow White, Samhain, and Erebos. I missed out on Thriambus at Bat's Day, so Puddin gets extra smooches for allowing people to order it from him.

To me, Thriambus smells just like a fresh pack of Djarum cloves. That semi-sweet clove scent seems to be the most dominant part of the blend, followed by the red wine (smooth and sexy) and tobacco (just a hint). The accent notes seem to fill in the spaces between the clove, wine, and tobacco so that it becomes a very well-rounded, smooth, sexy, goth club scent. This blend has a strong gestalt to it, and it's truly a work of art.

Off the top of my head, most of BPAL's clove scents that I can think of are more of a sharp, spicy dry clove. In Thriambus, it is sweeter and smoother, probably because of the notes that are paired with it.

This blend brings back so many good memories of my crazy twenties, spent in dark and sexy goth clubs on weekends, smoking cloves, and making the most of my weekend nights to counterbalance the intensive college weekdays. And it's just so sexy.

Thank you so much to damonkitty for sending me a sample of this one! :hug:

Wow. Just.. WOW. This is one of those sprays that pervades your room in a dark and menacing way - a couple of spritzes is more than enough to instantly fill the space with atmosphere.

When it first hits the air, I'm reminded me of a dark and slightly damp wine cellar... the shiraz smell is up front, and it's stunning. It is absolutely spot-on to the wine itself.. shiraz is something we make particularly well here in Australia - our blends are rich and sumptuous with nuances including plum, blackberry, pepper, licorice and chocolate, depending on the origin of the grapes. All those things are in Thriambus, and it's just gorgeous.

When the clove and tobacco notes chime in, the combination is sublime - totally decadent and rich. The tobacco is particularly nice in here - it's golden and smooth, with no sharp/sour top end like tobacco can sometimes give. I don't notice the rubber until about 10 minutes in - but it's there, and I think the latex and vinyl are just all part of the same illusion.. it's nothing specific, just a kind of rubbery smell in the background.

Quite a masterpiece, and I'm so glad I've been able to try it. As others have already said, I wish this were more widely available - it's a shame more people won't get to try it.. and I'd definitely buy a big bottle of it. Ah well.. I'll definitely enjoy what I've got :smile:

Mmm, this is a fantastic clove scent with a touch of wine. It's sexy and perfect for the bedroom. And it actually helps me sleep. I love cloves and the smell of clove cigarettes and this is really it.

I am not getting the wine everyone keeps mentioning. Mine is pure latex and Fog with some tobacco smoke. There's something leathery in there which is probably the vinyl. It's pretty heavy on the fog and latex for me.

I don't get any sort of wine scent from this either. My bottle is mostly a sweet, dry tobacco with a light, spicy clove and a cool, damp feel from the fog, I think. It reminds me of fall's crunchy, spicy, dead leaves and crisp, damp air.

This isn't quite what I was expecting (I was expecting a heavy, sexy scent, not crisp and earthy), but I'm still happy to have a bottle.

Edited by Little Bird

I definitely get a clovey grape wine blend with hints of smoke, latex and something else.

It smells like a club.

A sex club.

You know, one of those clubs. The kind where people have sex in the corners, on the bar, stretched out in the spotlight. And half of the time, they still have clothing on. If you can call it clothing. More like a plastic kind of wrapping really. Like human bake-and-shakes.

Anyway...

Another awesome fairy gift from SurrealReality! I was super thrilled to get this, since I have a decant but have never actually tested it due to not wanting to waste it all.

I sprayed this on my comfy chair in my room, one of those cheap collegey deals with a black velvet cushion. I sprayed and dove my head in to smell it, mostly succeeding in getting oil all over my glasses, I am such a dork.

Grapes and clove cigarettes and latex! This is a good thing. I am very familiar with the smell of clove cigs, and this is so accurate I can actually imagine the person in a black corset to my left, holding one between two fingers as they chat up an artist dressed like a vampire. Very goth, all of it. The latex is really interesting - not plastic, definitely latex. As it dries it gets even nicer, sweet dark wine and clove. The 'artificial fog' note is there as well, tempering everything and making it cooler. It's a combination of scents that scream club, and absolutely capture the concept. I couldn't love it more, this is one I will be using sparingly and only on days when I need a little extra ambience to perk up my mood. Sexy, sweet, complex and dark. 5/5

amaaazing. i used to love going to goth clubs in my 20s and occasionally these days (RIP dark sparkle in SF) and this brings to mind a black-walled, very dark club indeed.

in the bottle all i smell is something super synthetic, like latex and fog. i was kind of afraid i wouldn't like this, but once sprayed i get in this order: clove cigarettes, latex and fog, then the wine comes through, then tobacco. can't really pick out the absinthe strongly but i'm sure it's there in the clovey-wine melange. after a few minutes it's mostly tobacco, and i wish the wine stuck around longer, but i like this a lot and am glad i got a bottle. :heart: