Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

GEEK.GOTH
Highly caffeinated, profoundly sugared lemon-lime soda.

Geek smells very much like Sprite, and is very effervescent. On my skin, it is light and refreshing, and all I get is a subtler version of the lemon and lime. Nice, but so not my thing.

So fizzy!! I'm not a fan of the super fizzy blends, so I just sniffed this one at Bat's Day. My husband smelled it too and he wanted a bottle, apparently he's an effervescent kind of guy! :lol: I skin tested it this morning and there wasn't much morphing going on; what it smelled like in the bottle was exactly what it smelled like on my skin. As the day wore on it got less fizz (sort of like a soda going flat - ha!). It's very lime-y, definitely more like Sprite than Mountain Dew.

Geek is light, sweet, lemony (on my skin) and seems perfect for Spring and Summer. It does have an effervescent quality to it but doesn't seem to last quite as long as other oils I have tried. Very refreshing though. :D

I only sniffed this, but it reminded me A LOT of Amp energy drink - lemon-lime, at little artificial, very fizzy, even that WAY TOO MANY SUPPLEMENTS aftertaste - it was all there in the bottle, but also light and fresh, too. I am hopeful for this one considering my love of all things fizzy and citrus. Btw, I found this more like Mountain Dew - at least in the bottle - than Sprite.

Edited by fairnymph

Definitely that Mountain Dew sort of lemon-lime, but underneath SO MUCH EFFERVESCENCE. They are not kidding about the "highly caffeinated" part. This one completely wakes you up and leaves you feeling very perky. It was a bit too sugary for my tastes, but I'd definitely be curious about other blends that feature the "fizzy" note.

Is it just me, or does this smell like a lemon-lime (more lime than lemon for sure) version of Champagne and Roses? I swear that it's the very same fizzy note used and I LOVE IT. Very refreshing and sweet.

Geek.Goth - When I first sniffed this, my very first thought is that somehow, someway, the typical BPAL champagne note has been used in this. It has the exact same feel of bubbly champagne, but without the dry, boozy quality of most of the various champagne scents. It's much sweeter -- like the champagne in Bon Vivant. The lemon-lime is definitely strong, and the overall scent is very Mountain Dew-like. I really love it -- it's bright and bubbly and happy and sweet and really, really awesome. It does go a little "dusty" on my skin, as many of the super-sweet scents do, but I only notice it if I sniff up close. Also, it's very, very strong. A little goes a long way. *geeklove*

Geek.Goth

In your face Sprite. Sprite was the v first thing that popped into my mind. Okay, no, "WHOA, bubbles!" Was the first thing. Then it was, "Sprite." Definitely the incredible tooth-achingly sweet lemon-limey, sugary sweet (can I stress the sweet enough?) Sprite. I've never been a fan of the lab's bubbly scents, and I'm not much for citrus, either. So this combo is a big ol' no-no for me, though I could see fans of bubbly scents going ga-ga for this one.

Possibly the "brightest" scent I've ever smelled.

Not quite sweet, in my opinion, but very citrus. Smells like straight-up lemons and limes with some carbonation. I like it!

This is like super-fizzy lemon lime water. Not sweet like a Sprite, but more like seltzer water with an extra kick of citrus. It's not a very "me" scent, and yet once the bubbliness eases a bit I find myself sniffing at my wrists a lot in pleasure. This is most definitely a teenaged, over-caffienated summer scent and I'm really enjoying it.

Like Edens Sixth Day said, this does remind me a bit of some of the BPAL champagne blends.

Overall, it's very fizzy and smells a lot like Mountain Dew.

I haven't tried this on yet but just smelling it out of the bottle puts a smile of my face. VERY bubbly and efervescent! a combo of sprite and mountain dew. I will add to this once I actually put it on.

ETA: this is very bubbly when first applied and then it fades to this creamy, musky citrus. It's very interesting, I'm not sure how often I will wear this but the novelty of it makes it a keeper for now :)

Edited by Duskinhereyes

Yep, the champagne note from the Champagne and ... blends.

It's like a super fizzy lemon lime soda more mountain dew like than sprite. The soda has to be the same as the champagne and... blends.

I agree with the previous posters. This definitely has the champagne note from the the Champagne blends. Smells like fizzy, effervescent lemon lime soda. I didn't even need to open the bottle...I could smell it through the bubble wrap. :eek: Way too strong. Glad it's going to a new home!

Edited by Dark Alice

From the original description, I thought this would smell like Mountain Dew. Geek Goth is actually more sophisticated, it smells like a mix of Sprite, champagne, and ginger ale. Its very bubbly and carbonated but not too sweet. I'm really enjoying it and think it will make a great summertime scent. :D

I am so heartbroken about this one. :cry2: I'm found that I just can't handle the champagne note which is what gives this it's fizziness. It just makes me a bit queasy.

On me it's smells like lemon or lime cleaner and pool. :cry2:

Geek.Goth contains the bright citrus I wanted from Embalming Fluid as well as the bubbly effervescence from Spinning Multicolored Metallic Pinwheel. This is going to fantastic for summer wear!

GEEK.GOTH

In Bottle: Sprite

On Skin: I feel like I just opened a can of Sprite or Slice. it's that very fresh effervescent lemon lime soda... i can almost feel the little bubbles popping out and hitting my face. It's not a flat soda at all... I am an uber geek, so I had to have this scent on principal alone. It is quite the novelty, but also yummy and bright. I like that it wakes me up with the sweet yet sour citrus notes that are quite playful. It's a nice scent for a warm day since it is cool and refreshing. The effervescent feeling is so extreme and it actually stays that way for a long while.... i thought it would fade but the staying power of this scent is quite impressive! Strong throw and and long wearlength.

This is super-fizzy, super-sweet lime soda on my skin. I get more of the sweet lime feel than lemon. I thought that it smelled a bit like bpal's gin note in the bottle, but not so much on my skin. It's very simple and verrry sweet.

I keep switching between thinking that this is way too sweet and cloying to thinking that the fizziness is really fun and pleasant...

A kind fairy sent me a tester of this. It sounded fun and smells lovely in the decant. Others have said it smells like Sprite and that’s pretty much dead-on. Fizzy lemon is the best way to describe it. Unfortunately, I’m finding that I don’t much care for lemon as a note on my skin, as it goes sour—also, I think my skin is too salty and it clashes? So it didn’t work for me.

Sprite! Green fizzy Sprite with a dab of lemon. Seriously, y'all, this could be a Sprite SN. :P It's a fun scent and true to its namesake.

Effervescent! Upon application, can almost feel the bubbles tickling my nose. Within 5 minutes, relaxes down to a pleasant lime-dominated citrus. Nice light summer scent!

Definitely fizzy, and I agree with those who said that this is more Mountain Dew than Sprite. It's nice, but not really all that interesting to me. If you like this but aren't crazy about the idea of hunting down a bottle, try finding yourself some Te Po. The fizzy, soda scent is the same, and I actually think that Te Po's increased complexity makes it a superior scent.

:thud: definitely Mountain Dew, down to the lovely fizzzzzy feeling it leaves in my nose, very summery and bright!