Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

Thank you, I'm happy to hear it! I had way too much fun picking out creamy, thoughtful "sleep" blends for you considering your profession. :P

:laugh: Now that you mention it I actually really like the idea of wearing something that evokes sleep at work. Maybe even on my wrists so my patients can smell it when I hold a respiratory mask in front of their face before they fall asleep (I normally don't do that because they might not like my perfume or even get nauseous or something. But something calming and comforting can't really hurt, can it? ;) ).

Hi everyone! I'm super new to BPAL and am currently making up my first order with scents that I think I will like based on their descriptions and notes, but it's always fun to hear from others what they think too!

To start with, I'm a 23 old female. I'm pursuing a field in science (psychology) but I am also really creative and interested in anything magical. I'm a Ram, Virgo (Sagittarius rising), and The Advocate (INFJ-T) personality type. Physically, I am pretty slim and lithe with a small face and delicate features. I have blue eyes, and I dye my hair (it currently fluctuates between silver and lilac). I have three tattoos, all of them references to fiction in one sense or another (The Fifth Element, Dante's Inferno and Alice in Wonderland).

Personality-wise I'm open minded, curious, kind, patient and very empathic. But I can also be really picky and fickle, I fall in and out of love really quickly (with things/activities/food/ect), and don't like making decisions. I'm also quite quiet, and sometimes prefer to listen to conversations than actually talk. I'm quite reserved, and don't really like people invading my personal space unless I know them really well, but when it comes to touching things I am very touchy feely: I touch and smell anything I come across, whether its nice or not. I have a very vivid imagination, and sometimes I'll get so lost in a daydream I just switch off and stare into space or walk on auto pilot, and I have also always been able to lucid dream. I am really passionate about a lot of things, and can talk for hours about the things I love.

With regards to things I like, I'm really into fantasy and science fiction. I love 80s fantasy movies (think The Last Unicorn, Labyrinth, Legend, The Neverending Story), fantasy RPGS (I always play a rogue, and usually an elf), and dark fantasy fiction (my favourite author is Garth Nix). My favourite artist is Gustave Dore, but I also really like messy abstract oil portraits. I love fairytales, mythology and lore, and will often research different tales just for fun.

If I was an animal, I'd be a cat, as I really identify with their independence. I'd be one of those cats that just regards you cooly from the fence before stalking off, but then comes and twines round your legs once we became friends. I'd also bask in all of the shafts of light. But if I could be a mythological creature, then I would be a Selkie, or a Unicorn.

If I was to sum up myself in a few words I would say: curious, reserved, kind, mystical.

Hopefully this gives you something to go on! Thank you in advance :)

Hi everyone! I'm super new to BPAL and am currently making up my first order with scents that I think I will like based on their descriptions and notes, but it's always fun to hear from others what they think too!

To start with, I'm a 23 old female. I'm pursuing a field in science (psychology) but I am also really creative and interested in anything magical. I'm a Ram, Virgo (Sagittarius rising), and The Advocate (INFJ-T) personality type. Physically, I am pretty slim and lithe with a small face and delicate features. I have blue eyes, and I dye my hair (it currently fluctuates between silver and lilac). I have three tattoos, all of them references to fiction in one sense or another (The Fifth Element, Dante's Inferno and Alice in Wonderland).

Personality-wise I'm open minded, curious, kind, patient and very empathic. But I can also be really picky and fickle, I fall in and out of love really quickly (with things/activities/food/ect), and don't like making decisions. I'm also quite quiet, and sometimes prefer to listen to conversations than actually talk. I'm quite reserved, and don't really like people invading my personal space unless I know them really well, but when it comes to touching things I am very touchy feely: I touch and smell anything I come across, whether its nice or not. I have a very vivid imagination, and sometimes I'll get so lost in a daydream I just switch off and stare into space or walk on auto pilot, and I have also always been able to lucid dream. I am really passionate about a lot of things, and can talk for hours about the things I love.

With regards to things I like, I'm really into fantasy and science fiction. I love 80s fantasy movies (think The Last Unicorn, Labyrinth, Legend, The Neverending Story), fantasy RPGS (I always play a rogue, and usually an elf), and dark fantasy fiction (my favourite author is Garth Nix). My favourite artist is Gustave Dore, but I also really like messy abstract oil portraits. I love fairytales, mythology and lore, and will often research different tales just for fun.

If I was an animal, I'd be a cat, as I really identify with their independence. I'd be one of those cats that just regards you cooly from the fence before stalking off, but then comes and twines round your legs once we became friends. I'd also bask in all of the shafts of light. But if I could be a mythological creature, then I would be a Selkie, or a Unicorn.

If I was to sum up myself in a few words I would say: curious, reserved, kind, mystical.

Hopefully this gives you something to go on! Thank you in advance :)

I'm still fairly new myself so I don't know if I'll be much help, but just based on what I've tried so far FAE seems fitting. I actually just got it as a frimp and am wearing it today. It smells very magical/ fairy like and I think it would suit you well.

I also think ALICE would be a good pick seeing that you like Alice in wonderland :) It smells like creamy carnations. I think there are actually scents for Labyrinth and the last unicorn so you might wanna check those out :)

Edited by paperdollsandbpal

I suppose I'll give this a go. :ghost:

I'm a INFJ to a T. So as far as personality goes, there you have it.

I'm a 27 year old graphic designer who believes everyday is halloween.

As far as my physical appearance goes I'm VERY mixed, my mother is French/German/English and my father is Japanese/ Korean. I turned out being extremely pale with brown eyes and light brown hair (that I dye black). My features lean more towards my Asian side so I have almond eyes and high cheek bones. When it comes to how I dress, my wardrobe consists of black, black and more black. I like lace, pretty dresses and blouses but on most casual days I throw on a band tee and skinny jeans.

I love antiquing, history and fashion and I collect vintage paperdolls hence my username. I love to read nearly anything historical or vampire related and I LOVE late 19th/ early 20th century children's books.

Aside from being in graphic design I love art in all forms. I paint in watercolors, draw and sew. I'm also fond of origami.

Hmm... some of my favorite movies are Only lovers left alive, Interstellar, Corpse Bride, Pans Labyrinth. And PERIOD FILMS.

As far as music goes my favorite bands would have to be cradle of filth, the cure, rasputina, depeche mode, motionless in white, rammstein, afi, mgmt, dimmu borgir and classic music from the 1920's- 1950's.

Baobhan Sith - Grapefruit, white tea, apple blossom and ginger.

Bewitched - Blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

Brisingamen - A glittering mantle of rich golden notes: five ambers, soft myrtle, apple blossom and carnation.

Delight - Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine.

Fairy Thorn - Vanilla musk twirled with tuberose, Siamese red benzoin, cassis flower, Irish moss, white sandalwood, plum nectar, violet leaf, and apple petals.

Siren - White ginger, jasmine, and a touch of vanilla and apricot.

The East - Bluebonnet, passion flower, freesia, jasmine tea, mint, thyme, and redcurrant.

Veil - White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang.

Adam - The scent of the wood of his guitars, the rosin from his violin bow, the musty wool of neglected Oriental carpets, the plastic, metal, and magnetic tape of his reel-to-reel, the dust that permeates everything.

Black Lace - A delicate sugar-spun vanilla cream cotton, stained by tobacco and incense, Indian musk, and drops of cognac.

Boo - Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

Ghosts in Love - White sandalwood, tobacco flower, lily of the valley, white carnation, and magnolia blossom with tea rose, labdanum, and oudh.

Horror Sympathique - Blood musk, golden honey, thick black wine, champagne grapes, tobacco flower, plum blossom, tonka bean, oakmoss, carnation, benzoin, opoponax, and sugar cane.

(Not So) Penitent (Mini) Magdalene - Candle wax, smoke, red sandalwood, a dusting of kitchen spices, and a dribble of vanilla ice cream.

Shelley, Byron, and Keats - Red roses and pale carnation with a draught of laudanum, smears of opium tar, a hint of absinthe, and mercury ointment.

Tombeur - Vanilla-infused sandalwood, blood musk, antique patchouli, vetiver, lavender, bitter almond, amber, and a trickle of Snake Oil.

Thank you both, I'll definitely look them up! @paperdollsandbpal I actually ordered Alice, and @Balame I ordered Bewitched! Out of the hundreds of scents they do I thought that was pretty cool that I already picked some you both suggested.

Vasilissa - Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

The Last Unicorn - Frosty lilac petals, iris pallida root, orris, violet leaf, white chocolate, coconut, wild lettuce, white sandalwood, and oakmoss.

Rogue - Soft, well-worn black leather, hemp, and rosin.

Elf - Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale - Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood.

Schrodinger's Cat - A paradoxical scent experiment! – tangerine, sugared lime, pink grapefruit, oakmoss, lavender, zdravetz, and chocolate peppermint. No cats were mistreated during the formulation of this paradox, or in the process of creating this perfume.

Check out the rest of the Mad Tea Party section and the The Last Unicorn, Labyrinth, and RPG collections too, if you haven't already.

The Little Wooden Doll - Gently carved wood warm with a maternal love that reaches beyond death: rose-infused amber and soft golden sandalwood.

Leanan Sidhe - The name translates to “fairy, love of my soul”. A vampiric spirit and a dark muse, the love of the Leanan Sidhe is both a gift and a curse. These eerily beautiful Irish spirits drain the sanity and lifeforce of the men they inspire to artistic greatness. Her kiss infuses a man with depth of vision and feeling, otherworldly passion, and a sudden and ineffable understanding of the unending sadness that plagues mankind. Her perfume is a crush of Irish herbs and flowers, Gaelic mists, and nighttime dew.

The Raven - Sleek, dark, and ominous. Violet and neroli mingled with iris, white sandalwood and dark musk.

Nyx - Named in honor of the primeval Greek Goddess of Night. A scent reflecting inky black skies and eternal desolation. Night-blooming jasmine, warmed by myrrh, lifted by the promise of rose.

Lyonesse - Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss.

Les Fleurs du Mal - The scents of the blossoms of darkness, condensed into one perfume. Features a rose base, softened with lilac and wisteria.

Also the OLLA and Labrinth collections, if you haven't seen them already.

Adam - The scent of the wood of his guitars, the rosin from his violin bow, the musty wool of neglected Oriental carpets, the plastic, metal, and magnetic tape of his reel-to-reel, the dust that permeates everything.

Black Lace - A delicate sugar-spun vanilla cream cotton, stained by tobacco and incense, Indian musk, and drops of cognac.

Boo - Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

Ghosts in Love - White sandalwood, tobacco flower, lily of the valley, white carnation, and magnolia blossom with tea rose, labdanum, and oudh.

Horror Sympathique - Blood musk, golden honey, thick black wine, champagne grapes, tobacco flower, plum blossom, tonka bean, oakmoss, carnation, benzoin, opoponax, and sugar cane.

(Not So) Penitent (Mini) Magdalene - Candle wax, smoke, red sandalwood, a dusting of kitchen spices, and a dribble of vanilla ice cream.

Shelley, Byron, and Keats - Red roses and pale carnation with a draught of laudanum, smears of opium tar, a hint of absinthe, and mercury ointment.

Tombeur - Vanilla-infused sandalwood, blood musk, antique patchouli, vetiver, lavender, bitter almond, amber, and a trickle of Snake Oil.

The only one I have of these is a decant of boo and its probably one of my favorites. All your other suggestions sound very much like me and I want them all, especially Tombeur, black lace and Not so penitent mini magdalene!

The Little Wooden Doll - Gently carved wood warm with a maternal love that reaches beyond death: rose-infused amber and soft golden sandalwood.

Leanan Sidhe - The name translates to “fairy, love of my soul”. A vampiric spirit and a dark muse, the love of the Leanan Sidhe is both a gift and a curse. These eerily beautiful Irish spirits drain the sanity and lifeforce of the men they inspire to artistic greatness. Her kiss infuses a man with depth of vision and feeling, otherworldly passion, and a sudden and ineffable understanding of the unending sadness that plagues mankind. Her perfume is a crush of Irish herbs and flowers, Gaelic mists, and nighttime dew.

The Raven - Sleek, dark, and ominous. Violet and neroli mingled with iris, white sandalwood and dark musk.

Nyx - Named in honor of the primeval Greek Goddess of Night. A scent reflecting inky black skies and eternal desolation. Night-blooming jasmine, warmed by myrrh, lifted by the promise of rose.

Lyonesse - Golden vanilla and gilded musk, stargazer lily, white sandalwood, grey amber, elemi, orris root, ambergris and sea moss.

Les Fleurs du Mal - The scents of the blossoms of darkness, condensed into one perfume. Features a rose base, softened with lilac and wisteria.

Also the OLLA and Labrinth collections, if you haven't seen them already.

All of these sound AMAZING. And yes I've seen the OLLA collection and I want it all!

The little wooden doll, Lyonesse and the raven sound like total wins for me <3

All of these sound AMAZING. And yes I've seen the OLLA collection and I want it all!

The little wooden doll, Lyonesse and the raven sound like total wins for me <3

The Little Wooden Doll and Lyonesse are two of my absolute favorites.. Raven I liked but it was just a bit too ominous for me. Enjoy!

Vasilissa - Creamy skin musk and blushing pink musk with soft sandalwood, white amber, dutiful myrrh, and star jasmine.

The Last Unicorn - Frosty lilac petals, iris pallida root, orris, violet leaf, white chocolate, coconut, wild lettuce, white sandalwood, and oakmoss.

Rogue - Soft, well-worn black leather, hemp, and rosin.

Elf - Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.

Mouse's Long and Sad Tale - Vanilla, two ambers, sweet pea and white sandalwood.

Schrodinger's Cat - A paradoxical scent experiment! – tangerine, sugared lime, pink grapefruit, oakmoss, lavender, zdravetz, and chocolate peppermint. No cats were mistreated during the formulation of this paradox, or in the process of creating this perfume.

Check out the rest of the Mad Tea Party section and the The Last Unicorn, Labyrinth, and RPG collections too, if you haven't already.

Thank you for the recommendations! Out of these I actually ordered Rogue and Elf I love the sound of Schrodinger's Cat! :)

Greetings,

Completely new to this and looking for recommendations as such decisions are a bit overwhelming.

I'm a science major focusing on microbiology (I have an active interest in all biology, geology, and chemistry, as well), as well as
maintaining active interests in history (the more ancient, the better), anthropology, and archaeology. I believe in learning of and
preserving archaic customs and attempt very hard to balance that with my ardent, steadfast atheism and passionate love of blasphemy.

I was raised very religious and have large amounts of knowledge of such matters, both modern and mythical, and come from a very abusive
background. I currently live a very substantial distance from anyone I ever knew growing up and plan to leave the country of my birth in
under a year. I am deeply pessimistic and am not convinced I believe in either love or happiness. I've never had a good dream in my life,
and I dance between not sleeping enough to ever dream and taking a perverse delight in nightmares.

I am driven by a desire to obtain as much knowledge as possible and I am comfortable with pain and suffering, both of which I am more
than willing to take on in the defense of others. I like graveyards, and rainstorms, and anything widely unloved or forgotten. I try to
hit the delicate balance between old-fashioned ladylike charms, a touch of feigned innocence, and rough, emotionless, blatant sexuality in
my day-to-day life.

I enjoy dark fantasy and dark humour, and I game some and read often. I also enjoy nature and have a desire to preserve it (I am vegetarian, and there is a
touch of hippieness to me :P) I am willing to do very risky things (in and out of the bedroom :P), but am also extremely paranoid and
untrusting in most of life. I am impeccably polite and willing to undergo tremendous personal discomfort to project a pulled-together
image at all times. I generally do not reveal much information about myself and enjoy manipulating people's perceptions of me based on
the limited information they can gain. I play quiet games in which I obtain as much information on others as I can while revealing very
little about myself.

Physically, I am petite at 1.6 km (5'2.5") and 45 kg (100 lbs). I have straight red hair somewhere between waist and hip length, large
blue eyes so pale they are often mistaken for silver, and full lips. I dress all in black and am never seen without stockings and very
high heels. I do not own a single pair of pants and exist solely in skirts ranging in length from Victorian maiden to absolutely
scandalous.

Open to any and all recommendations! Thank you so much :).

Greetings,

Completely new to this and looking for recommendations as such decisions are a bit overwhelming.

I'm a science major focusing on microbiology (I have an active interest in all biology, geology, and chemistry, as well), as well as

maintaining active interests in history (the more ancient, the better), anthropology, and archaeology. I believe in learning of and

preserving archaic customs and attempt very hard to balance that with my ardent, steadfast atheism and passionate love of blasphemy.

I was raised very religious and have large amounts of knowledge of such matters, both modern and mythical, and come from a very abusive

background. I currently live a very substantial distance from anyone I ever knew growing up and plan to leave the country of my birth in

under a year. I am deeply pessimistic and am not convinced I believe in either love or happiness. I've never had a good dream in my life,

and I dance between not sleeping enough to ever dream and taking a perverse delight in nightmares.

I am driven by a desire to obtain as much knowledge as possible and I am comfortable with pain and suffering, both of which I am more

than willing to take on in the defense of others. I like graveyards, and rainstorms, and anything widely unloved or forgotten. I try to

hit the delicate balance between old-fashioned ladylike charms, a touch of feigned innocence, and rough, emotionless, blatant sexuality in

my day-to-day life.

I enjoy dark fantasy and dark humour, and I game some and read often. I also enjoy nature and have a desire to preserve it (I am vegetarian, and there is a

touch of hippieness to me :P) I am willing to do very risky things (in and out of the bedroom :P), but am also extremely paranoid and

untrusting in most of life. I am impeccably polite and willing to undergo tremendous personal discomfort to project a pulled-together

image at all times. I generally do not reveal much information about myself and enjoy manipulating people's perceptions of me based on

the limited information they can gain. I play quiet games in which I obtain as much information on others as I can while revealing very

little about myself.

Physically, I am petite at 1.6 km (5'2.5") and 45 kg (100 lbs). I have straight red hair somewhere between waist and hip length, large

blue eyes so pale they are often mistaken for silver, and full lips. I dress all in black and am never seen without stockings and very

high heels. I do not own a single pair of pants and exist solely in skirts ranging in length from Victorian maiden to absolutely

scandalous.

Open to any and all recommendations! Thank you so much :).

Ok, here's what I've come up with (though admittedly, I'm not great at recs based on personality, but I thought I would give it a go)

Athens - based on your love of ancient history voluptuous myrrh, golden honey, red wine, and sweet flowers

Zombi - based on your love of cemeteries - Dried roses, rose leaf, Spanish moss, oakmoss and deep brown earth Or, you could pick up the LE Graveyard Dirt from the Halloween update

Ask The Nearest Hippie - based on your "touch of hippieness" - An olfactory guide, created to assist you in locating nearby hippies: patchouli, hemp, smoky vanilla bean, and cannabis accord.

Tombeur - I just think it might suit you based on your description - Deadly and seductive: vanilla-infused sandalwood, blood musk, antique patchouli, vetiver, lavender, bitter almond, amber, and a trickle of Snake Oil.

I'm sure others will be able to add more. Welcome to the forum!

@fallfromgrace: I loved the recommendations I got here, so I hope there are one or two here that work for you! My reasons for picking these are in parentheses.

-Hermia ("though she be but little, she is fierce!"): Pink pepper, golden amber, honeysuckle, and passion flower. Sadly, this seems to be discontinued, but Hermia the character is still the first thing I think of when I see the word petite.
-Kumari Kandam (the archaeology of forgotten things): The hollow scent of a vast antediluvian civilization, now frozen and buried, smothered by a thick sheet of ice and trapped deep beneath the ocean. Thick incense, clay, stone, and hothouse blooms with a spike of frost, a hint of decay, and heavy, dolorous aquatic notes.
-Le Serpent Qui Danse (a smart, twisting mind in Victorian skirts): A sinister, darkly seductive scent inspired by poetry of Charles Baudelaire. Violet entwined with vanilla and gardenia.
-London (a veneer of innocence and propriety): Venerable Victorian Tea Rose… twisted, blackened and emboldened with wickedness. This description also reminds me of Black Rose, which smelled exactly like one of the mausoleums at Hollywood Forever in the imp, so this might have a similar graveyard effect.
-The Reaper and the Flowers (always sounded like a lonely, half-forgotten grave to me): A funereal bouquet laid on cemetery grass: longiflorum lilies, white rose, chrysanthemum, and carnation.
Edited by psychocygnet

I believe in learning of and

This line just screamed La Ronde du Sabbat to me. It's a sort of dark & dirty take on ecclesiastical incense from the current Pickman Gallery collection: Oman frankincense, black clove, and tobacco tar.

Hello, everyone!

I'm not new to BPAL (I've been buying on and off for about 5 years), but this is my first time really posting in the forums, as I've been too shy and preferred to lurk instead. I suppose that says something about my personality right there, doesn't it?

I've already posted briefly in the top-5 scents rec thread, so I will stick to personality details only here and avoid naming scents, myself. :> I am a Pisces sun and Pisces moon with a Cancer rising and that pretty much sums up my personality accurately! I'm a very intuitive, creative, and compassionate person, but I can sometimes be a bit vague and dreamy, and I am a practicing witch. I'm small and thin and have very young features, and I tend to dress very cute/feminine, but I have a deep love of horror and gothic genres (that's why I'm here, isn't it?) and a bit of a quietly morbid streak. Despite that, most people would probably say that I'm very cheerful, if a bit shy and overly polite with strangers. I'm an art student and I work in a bookshop, but for half of the year I work in outdoor recreation (whitewater raft guiding, guided backpacking, etc.) which also tends to surprise people. I am stronger than I look! But mostly I just adore nature and water and try to surround myself with it.

I hope that was just enough, not too little or too much! I'm looking forward to hearing what you helpful souls have to say :>

Hello, everyone!

I'm not new to BPAL (I've been buying on and off for about 5 years), but this is my first time really posting in the forums, as I've been too shy and preferred to lurk instead. I suppose that says something about my personality right there, doesn't it?

I've already posted briefly in the top-5 scents rec thread, so I will stick to personality details only here and avoid naming scents, myself. :> I am a Pisces sun and Pisces moon with a Cancer rising and that pretty much sums up my personality accurately! I'm a very intuitive, creative, and compassionate person, but I can sometimes be a bit vague and dreamy, and I am a practicing witch. I'm small and thin and have very young features, and I tend to dress very cute/feminine, but I have a deep love of horror and gothic genres (that's why I'm here, isn't it?) and a bit of a quietly morbid streak. Despite that, most people would probably say that I'm very cheerful, if a bit shy and overly polite with strangers. I'm an art student and I work in a bookshop, but for half of the year I work in outdoor recreation (whitewater raft guiding, guided backpacking, etc.) which also tends to surprise people. I am stronger than I look! But mostly I just adore nature and water and try to surround myself with it.

I hope that was just enough, not too little or too much! I'm looking forward to hearing what you helpful souls have to say :>

For your witch side, now is a great time to find witch-themed scents, with the Hecate's Inheritance update! I would suggest Witches' Kitchen.

Since you work in a book store, you might appreciate The Book :D

For your slightly morbid qualities, I might suggest Haunted.

For your light and girly qualities, try High-Strung Daisies.

:D

Hi everyone. I've read this forum on and off for years but have been quiet. I'd love some recommendations based on my personality.

I'm 55 and I'm a writer and artist. People see me as sweet, kind, quiet, artistic, imaginative, and bookish. Those are the descriptions you will find of me since I was a kid. There is truth to those public assessments, but only some.

The other truth is that, like so many lesbians growing up back then, I created a separate world for myself where I could fit in. The world in my head is vivid and persistant. I don't think I have ever wholly lived in th3 physical world we share.

I am not a trans-person but I do feel a kinship with such folk because I feel I am both female and male. Both and yet neither completely. Changing gender would not work for me because I would feel incomplete somehow as a male, too. I am both genders. I just am.

As you might expect, my appearance is somewhat androgenous. I prefer men's clothing with the odd feminine touch here and there. I am fond of leather and sneakers with poetry written on them. I love hats of all kinds. I love silver jewelry. My hair is short and dark with silver threaded through it. My eyes are green, brown, and grey...like mossy trees. I look serious unless you notice the humor in my eyes and the dimples that appear when I smile.

I am fond of whimsy and the macabre. I am very intense about relationships, both emotional and sexual. I adore animals of all kinds. I feel very connected to the Pacific Northwest, to the sea and forests, and mountains. I collect masks and blades. I like punkish rock and roll. My totem animals are raven, beluga whale, owl, and spider.

I have so enjoyed all the posts here. You are all awesome, interesting people, and I hope you know it.

Hi everyone. I've read this forum on and off for years but have been quiet. I'd love some recommendations based on my personality.

I'm 55 and I'm a writer and artist. People see me as sweet, kind, quiet, artistic, imaginative, and bookish. Those are the descriptions you will find of me since I was a kid. There is truth to those public assessments, but only some.

The other truth is that, like so many lesbians growing up back then, I created a separate world for myself where I could fit in. The world in my head is vivid and persistant. I don't think I have ever wholly lived in th3 physical world we share.

I am not a trans-person but I do feel a kinship with such folk because I feel I am both female and male. Both and yet neither completely. Changing gender would not work for me because I would feel incomplete somehow as a male, too. I am both genders. I just am.

As you might expect, my appearance is somewhat androgenous. I prefer men's clothing with the odd feminine touch here and there. I am fond of leather and sneakers with poetry written on them. I love hats of all kinds. I love silver jewelry. My hair is short and dark with silver threaded through it. My eyes are green, brown, and grey...like mossy trees. I look serious unless you notice the humor in my eyes and the dimples that appear when I smile.

I am fond of whimsy and the macabre. I am very intense about relationships, both emotional and sexual. I adore animals of all kinds. I feel very connected to the Pacific Northwest, to the sea and forests, and mountains. I collect masks and blades. I like punkish rock and roll. My totem animals are raven, beluga whale, owl, and spider.

I have so enjoyed all the posts here. You are all awesome, interesting people, and I hope you know it.

I immediately thought of Jareth when you described being androgynous! Because….David Bowie! It's also a slightly masculine, but ultimately unisex blend that is just really badass.

The new Crimson Peak blend Fairy Tales and Lies might be good for your desire to live in an inner, whimsical world :)

Any of the blends from the Ars Moriendi line can be considered macabre, but my own personal favorite is Haunted.

Welcome on board! I think you sound like a very interesting person :)

Arachne of Lydia (spider totem): Soft brown and Tyrian purple: dusty clove and blackcurrant.
Blood and Judgment So Well Commedled (public perception as bookish, kindly, and somewhat masculine in presentation): A little kid’s interpretation of Hamlet’s BFF. A scent of kindness and devotion, friendship and loyalty: soft brown leather and brushed suede with bourbon vanilla, toasted almond, tonka bean, and amber.
Danse Macabre (whimsical and macabre): An allegorical expression of the ineffable, indisputable triumph of death, generally expressed in medieval artwork as a violin or flute-wielding skeleton leading a procession of dancers to their graves. Black cypress with oakmoss, frankincense, oude, and a sliver of toasted hazelnut.
Masquerade (collecting masks): A festive, dazzling blend, layered in mystery and intrigue. Patchouli, ambergris, carnation and orange blossom.
Tiresias the Androgyne (embracing parts of both genders in self): Though the vision is disconcerting, the warmth and passion in the singer's voice swells inside your heart, and you are spellbound. Enraptured, you realize that though the gender is opposed on either side, one soul binds the whole. Dark, moody, and bittersweet: black currant, patchouli, tobacco, cinnamon leaf, caramel, muguet, and red sandalwood.
Also, I have one absurdly particular recommendation for the Pacific Northwest: Egle. Yes, it's based on Lithuanian mythology, but I wore it while driving back from my cousin's wedding north of Seattle, and the way the forest and aquatic notes came together reminded me so much of the places I'd just left. Apart from the jasmine note going a bit dodgy on my skin, it smells a lot like the time I got lost near Whidbey Island (if that gives you any idea of the scent).

Oh why not, I'll give it a go! :3

I'm 26 and I've gone to school for both environment art for video games and to be a pharmacy technician. I do neither for a living but I still enjoy keeping up to date on both fields. I'm oddly good at accounting, although I was never very good at math growing up. I like to crochet, draw, and be crafty. I drink loose-leaf tea, listen to fantasy & folk metal, watch an assortment of tv shows (Scream Queens, Face Off, Hellevator, Star Trek, Master Chef for variety's sake)

I'm INTJ very much so. I love animals so much. I have a cat named Beebuls, and had a dog named Dexter. My favorite animal is the Snow Leopard. I have an odd fascination with snow. The solitary, desolate, endlessness of winter I love and it comforts me in a way.

I love Halloween. I'm a bit of a scaredy cat, but I love dressing up and the whole feel of Halloween in comparison to other holidays.

I'm not very romantic, definitely not sexual. I believe I'm asexual actually. I'm also gender-neutral, although I do go by female pronouns. My clothing style is comfortable. So usually an over-sized top and leggings.

I'm 5'10 and 215lbs. I'm curvy a bit but my height makes it all work out. Short red hair, almost boyish in cut. Blue-grey stormy eyes.

People who know me well know that I'm a huge nerd/geek/dork. I like to learn about new things and throw myself into them and get very excited about those things. I play board games and D&D. I like video games. I have a very dark sense of humor. I wear nail polish a lot. I love candy and sweets. I have a very low tolerance for stupid people. I think stupidity should be painful.

I have a few medical conditions, so I'm not a huge fan of having to go and deal with doctors, but I do when I need to.

I can't think of anything else. I hope I gave enough information! *w *

I'm 26 and I've gone to school for both environment art for video games and to be a pharmacy technician. I do neither for a living but I still enjoy keeping up to date on both fields. I'm oddly good at accounting, although I was never very good at math growing up. I like to crochet, draw, and be crafty. I drink loose-leaf tea, listen to fantasy & folk metal, watch an assortment of tv shows (Scream Queens, Face Off, Hellevator, Star Trek, Master Chef for variety's sake)

I'm INTJ very much so. I love animals so much. I have a cat named Beebuls, and had a dog named Dexter. My favorite animal is the Snow Leopard. I have an odd fascination with snow. The solitary, desolate, endlessness of winter I love and it comforts me in a way.

I love Halloween. I'm a bit of a scaredy cat, but I love dressing up and the whole feel of Halloween in comparison to other holidays.

I'm not very romantic, definitely not sexual. I believe I'm asexual actually. I'm also gender-neutral, although I do go by female pronouns. My clothing style is comfortable. So usually an over-sized top and leggings.

I'm 5'10 and 215lbs. I'm curvy a bit but my height makes it all work out. Short red hair, almost boyish in cut. Blue-grey stormy eyes.

People who know me well know that I'm a huge nerd/geek/dork. I like to learn about new things and throw myself into them and get very excited about those things. I play board games and D&D. I like video games. I have a very dark sense of humor. I wear nail polish a lot. I love candy and sweets. I have a very low tolerance for stupid people. I think stupidity should be painful.

I have a few medical conditions, so I'm not a huge fan of having to go and deal with doctors, but I do when I need to.

Hooray for another asexual on the boards (I'm asexual too, or at least I have never seen a reason not to think so) :D

Anyway, on to recommendations!

The Lab makes many wonderful snow scents that you need to try if you love snow. There are three distinct kinds of snow notes that I have been able to identify; there is a sweet vanilla-y snow note, which can be found in Snow White. Then there's a minty snow note, like in Snow-Flakes. And finally an ozoney snow note that can be found in the general catalog scents Kumari Kandam and The Old Goblin. They are of course easier to find than the LE's I listed, but at least Snow White is available right now in the Yule collection. :smile:

If you love Halloween, you might want to try out Jack, which is the general catalog pumpkin scent! Other than that, for me the quintessential Halloween scent is Samhain, which comes out every year in October.

Since you like roleplaying games, you might want to check out any of the blends from the RPG line - you can even layer them to create the character you're playing, for example Lawful Good Elf Fighter :D

Hooray for another asexual on the boards (I'm asexual too, or at least I have never seen a reason not to think so) :D

Anyway, on to recommendations!

The Lab makes many wonderful snow scents that you need to try if you love snow. There are three distinct kinds of snow notes that I have been able to identify; there is a sweet vanilla-y snow note, which can be found in Snow White. Then there's a minty snow note, like in Snow-Flakes. And finally an ozoney snow note that can be found in the general catalog scents Kumari Kandam and The Old Goblin. They are of course easier to find than the LE's I listed, but at least Snow White is available right now in the Yule collection. :smile:

If you love Halloween, you might want to try out Jack, which is the general catalog pumpkin scent! Other than that, for me the quintessential Halloween scent is Samhain, which comes out every year in October.

Since you like roleplaying games, you might want to check out any of the blends from the RPG line - you can even layer them to create the character you're playing, for example Lawful Good Elf Fighter :D

Yay Asexuals! I'm always like "But...I could be having cake. Or doing anything else."

I'm currently waiting to hear back about getting a decant of Snow White! :D And I'll look into the GC's you mentioned with snowy scents! I got Jack as a frimp one order and omg it was so fantastic! I started wearing it waaaaay before Halloween did not even care! :P

I have an imp of Druid, I need to go back and re-test it on my skin. I have a few others of the RPG line on my wishlist, but I should take a second go-through and see if any others pop out at me!

Been reading through others and decided to give this a go.

I am a gender-fluid asexual depressed ray of sunshine full of anxiety. Most of the time I am a ray of sunshine and everybody enjoys my smile and laughter. I don't do well around people and if I am not hiding behind a job I am a rather skater brained blond stereotype in social situations. I am an art major that quit community collage in TX quite a few years ago and returned home to Alaska. But yeah the first line sums me up rather well :)

I am 33 years old bio-female as that does effect how oils may or may not smell on/to me.

Edited by russetfox

Been reading through others and decided to give this a go.

I am a gender-fluid asexual depressed ray of sunshine full of anxiety. Most of the time I am a ray of sunshine and everybody enjoys my smile and laughter. I don't do well around people and if I am not hiding behind a job I am a rather skater brained blond stereotype in social situations. I am an art major that quit community collage in TX quite a few years ago and returned home to Alaska. But yeah the first line sums me up rather well :)

I am 33 years old bio-female as that does effect how oils may or may not smell on/to me.

Hooray for more asexuals! (I identify as an asexual lesbian) :D

For gender-fluid I would definitely recommend some slightly masculine, but not too much, blends like Dorian or Jareth. Because David Bowie :)

A ray of sunshine makes me think of bright blends like Alice and Katharina, as well as bright, orangey scents like Tweedledee.

You might also like Zephyr.

For gender-fluid I would definitely recommend some slightly masculine, but not too much, blends like Dorian or Jareth. Because David Bowie :)

A ray of sunshine makes me think of bright blends like Alice and Katharina, as well as bright, orangey scents like Tweedledee.

You might also like Zephyr.

Sorry this is a little fuzzy new to the forum my quoting with iron itself out eventually after awhile :) Of those Zephyr and Tweedledee are in my wish list, but not the rest. Been meaning to add Dorian as so many rave about that one and maybe a little sexy will be good :)