Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

This is so intriguing, I have to try!

I'm 32, a PhD candidate in Religious Studies writing a dissertation on New Orleans funerary traditions, and I'm engaged to be married this November. I'm a pretty classic INTJ, very reserved, very analytical, I dislike emotions in public and like to keep my distance from people unless we're actually friends. I feign friendship badly. But for all that, I think I am rather loyal and devoted, and I'm a warm and giving person when in the presence of my true friends. I've been told I have a biting wit and a sarcastic streak a mile wide, and I like to think I'm funny. I'm very bookish, by nature, but I have quiet passions for cooking, knitting and spinning, and ballet. My fiancé and I met through Tolkien role-play and in my spare time, I'm an amateur speculative fiction writer, tending towards the Southern Gothic and urban fantasy -- I'm a giant nerd, really. My ideal self wanders through the world in gothy, elegant Victorian clothes all the time and carries a black goth parasol as well as a pair of stompy boots. (I tend to default to jeans and nerdy t-shirts, but I clean up very gothy and elegant.) I love cats, coffee, exploring old cemeteries, and reading historical romances, believe it or not. I'm Jewish, actively so, and I'm bisexual, though I'm just as likely to say queer.

As far as astrology stuff, I'm an Aquarius with Capricorn Rising and my moon is in Scorpio. In Chinese astrology, I'm a metal dog. In Harry Potter terms, I tend to sort either Slytherin or Ravenclaw. Jezebel has been my signature scent for a long time, for what that's worth.

As I was reading your post I kept thinking, "Slytherin" so I had a chuckle when I saw you mentioned it.

Yorick what what stood out in my mind as you described your study into funeral traditions and your "Southern Gothic" leanings, but I'm not sure that would work so much on you. If I had to pick, I'd try The Girl on you, it just seems like it would suit your interests and style. It's not sexy or heavy like Jezebel, it's almost like it's opposite.

Anyway, thought I'd also mention I'm pretty sure you are awesome!

hobbitballerina, Jazz Funeral might be to your liking as well, what with your interest in New Orleans funerals :smile:

As I was reading your post I kept thinking, "Slytherin" so I had a chuckle when I saw you mentioned it.

Yorick what what stood out in my mind as you described your study into funeral traditions and your "Southern Gothic" leanings, but I'm not sure that would work so much on you. If I had to pick, I'd try The Girl on you, it just seems like it would suit your interests and style. It's not sexy or heavy like Jezebel, it's almost like it's opposite.

Anyway, thought I'd also mention I'm pretty sure you are awesome!

Oooh, Yorick sounds totally intriguing, actually! I don't know if it would work, but I think I'd be willing to give an imp a try, it just sounds so cool.

And I hope I'm awesome, thank you!

hobbitballerina, Jazz Funeral might be to your liking as well, what with your interest in New Orleans funerals :smile:

Actually, weirdly, I think I have a frimp of that somewhere that I've never tried (for reasons unbeknownst to me). I'll have to give that a try!

Hello, everyone! I just got into BPAL--my first two imps are somewhere in the mail system, making their way to my front door even as I type--and I'm interested to see what more experienced posters would recommend...

I'm a 3rd year PhD student in history, currently studying for quals (which is, of course, why I'm procrastinating here! ;)). I focus on questions of economic justice and immigration in the 20th Century US. I consistently test as INTJ and it feels accurate in a lot of ways. I can be terribly focused on my own mental systems and I have to work to keep the, er, intensity of my opinions to myself sometimes lol. Fortunately, feminist theory is a major part of my work and life which--anti-feminists would be incredulous to hear--has made me more easygoing in a lot of ways. I've been strongly influenced by trying to incorporate an ethic of care into my life and worldview.

I enjoy digging around in archives and "hearing" the voices of people long gone. There's a rather gross idea in academia that there are reseachers and there are teachers and you have to pick one (with teachers being considered inferior), but I actually really love TAing as well; students tell me they appreciate my enthusiasm and caring approach. I really love the formality of the set-up; how you can care for people in a more cerebral way, figuring out how to communicate complex ideas, and joke around about stuff too, and let other people take care of the more touchy-feely side of contributing to the world lol. I'm queer (bi) and few things make me happier than getting to explain queer history, social justice movements, and the social construction of race to students in a way that might help them open up to new ideas rather than shut down. I've found that my obsessive focus on my interests are finally in a forum where it's good rather than weird to have all that info stacked away in the old brainbox. :D

Um, what else? Taurus, "Gryffinclaw," insomniac night owl. Fan of a random assortment of music, from Big Band to Metric. I'm currently working on Urban Fantasy novel with a friend and I recently fell headfirst into Bioware games like the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age, which have made me very happy. And provided plenty of opportunity for procrastination! :)

Edited by mswyrr

Hello, everyone! I just got into BPAL--my first two imps are somewhere in the mail system, making their way to my front door even as I type--and I'm interested to see what more experienced posters would recommend...

I'm a 3rd year PhD student in history, currently studying for quals (which is, of course, why I'm procrastinating here! ;)). I focus on questions of economic justice and immigration in the 20th Century US. I consistently test as INTJ and it feels accurate in a lot of ways. I can be terribly focused on my own mental systems and I have to work to keep the, er, intensity of my opinions to myself sometimes lol. Fortunately, feminist theory is a major part of my work and life which--anti-feminists would be incredulous to hear--has made me more easygoing in a lot of ways. I've been strongly influenced by trying to incorporate an ethic of care into my life and worldview.

I enjoy digging around in archives and "hearing" the voices of people long gone. There's a rather gross idea in academia that there are reseachers and there are teachers and you have to pick one (with teachers being considered inferior), but I actually really love TAing as well; students tell me they appreciate my enthusiasm and caring approach. I really love the formality of the set-up; how you can care for people in a more cerebral way, figuring out how to communicate complex ideas, and joke around about stuff too, and let other people take care of the more touchy-feely side of contributing to the world lol. I'm queer (bi) and few things make me happier than getting to explain queer history, social justice movements, and the social construction of race to students in a way that might help them open up to new ideas rather than shut down. I've found that my obsessive focus on my interests are finally in a forum where it's good rather than weird to have all that info stacked away in the old brainbox. :D

Um, what else? Taurus, "Gryffinclaw," insomniac night owl. Fan of a random assortment of music, from Big Band to Metric. I'm currently working on Urban Fantasy novel with a friend and I recently fell headfirst into Bioware games like the Mass Effect series and Dragon Age, which have made me very happy. And provided plenty of opportunity for procrastination! :)

I think you would like some of the "historian" type scents that BPAL has made:

Ü: A mélange of balsams, leathers, and raw vanilla designed to evoke images of unearthed secrets and dusty, ancient libraries.

The Gatekeeper: A dry perfume, solemn and riddled with ancient, whispered secrets: brittle bones, the well-worn leather spines of forgotten books, crumbling papyrus, and the warm, strange scent of yellowed, crumbling manuscripts. (now, I haven't actually tried this one myself yet, but it sounds suitably archive-ish :laugh: )

And a little something for your strong personality:

Katharina: A strong, willful blend with a soft, utterly lovely soul: white musk with a trickle of bright, sharp apricot and orange blossom.

Hi and Welcome!

Here are my GC (General Catalogue, aka "impable") recs for you:

Jazz Funeral (bay rum, bourbon, funeral flowers, graveyard dirt, magnolia, and spanish moss)

Tavern of Hell (white gardenia, ambergris, lavender fougere, orange blossom, melissa, tobacco flower, coriander, ebony wood, ylang ylang, absinthe, and whiskey)

Ouija (rosewood, oak, teak, blue lilac, tea rose, dried white rose, and osmanthus)

Mary Shelley (absinthe, lightning, stormclouds, laudanum, and a soft Victorian oriental perfume)

No. 93 Engine (Balm of Gilead, benzoin, frankincense, balsam of peru, beeswax, saffron, galbanum, calamus, hyssop, mastic, lemon balm, and white sage)

Morocco (Arabian spices, warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood, and cassia)

I pretty much just went my instincts on these, so I apologize for the lack of explanation!

For a newbie who loves psychology, this seems like a good place to start asking recommendations! So, here we go:

My friends have told me that I am strong, quick-witted, funny (in a dry, dark and sarcastic way) and maybe a bit scary if you don't know me yet. I have a tendency to look proud. I was really shy as a child, bullied until my teenage years, but then I decided not to take that shit anymore. I still prefer being alone, but I don't fear new people anymore and no one walks all over me. Nonetheless I'm polite and friendly, not as bitchy as I made myself sound. I think everyone should treat others as they wish to be treated themselves.

Fantasy, romance, tragedies and horror are the things I look for in books, movies, art and games. I'm a daydreamer with overflowing imagination (you know, that kind of person who sees little dragons and goblins everywhere), and I would love to think myself as a romantic person but in real life, I find it hard to express my love with words. I enjoy learning about dark, twisted minds, I'm thrilled when I see abandoned houses, I love the bittersweet feeling that reaches me when I listen to melancholic piano music and symphonic black metal, and I wish to decorate my apartment with antique furniture. History, mysteries, mythologies and pagan religions interest me greatly, and I'm always willing to learn more about those things. I could spend hours in the library if there wouldn't be so many people in there.

My first love was the nature, and still I think my home should be somewhere in the woods, surrounded by ancient trees and delicate wildflowers. I would love to live somewhere far away from the city, pollution and people, as I'm truly an introvert. I enjoy roaming around forests with my military boots, searching for berries and other nature's gifts to eat and use. But then again, you can easily spot me wearing high heels and a black dress, acting all high and cultural in the city. Okay, I'm probably just on my way to a cozy bar to spend the evening with a friend or few, but I like wearing my fancy dresses anywhere.

I love the North. I do enjoy summertime with blooming nature, but I find the harshness of the autumn and winter beautiful and charming. I love howling winds, fierce snow blizzards, smell of apples and autumn evenings, freezing cold nights, snow covered trees and bright starry skies.

If I wasn't human, I'd be a wolf - living and hunting with my own little pack somewhere in the midst of woods.

For a newbie who loves psychology, this seems like a good place to start asking recommendations! So, here we go: *cut*

La Mort: Mon ironie dépasse toutes les autres!

Pomegranate accord, red rose accord, opopponax, benzoin, champaca flowers, and star anise.

The Laughter of Loki

Serpentine green musk with fiery red ginger, sweet basil, alder leaf, white patchouli, cistus, and mistletoe.

The Ship of Hel

Black oak and sprucewood with opoponax, myrrh, black ambergris, and the silent ice of Niflheimr.

Fenris Wolf

Rosewood, amber, red musk and a dribble of red sandalwood.

Half-Elf (v5 is the best, I think)

White sandalwood, beeswax, white tea leaf, oud, and a hint of sophisticated urban musk.

Molly

White lime with lily of the valley, oudh, Himalayan cedar, nagarmotha, and tobacco for the sheen of raven feathers, and saffron, white honey, and amber for her fierceness, strength, and courage.

Beauty

A white rose draped by a delicate, pale, sheer veil of vanilla, the depth and darkness of her black lace embodied by tobacco absolute, Indonesian patchouli, Bulgarian oakmoss, frankincense, white sandalwood, and myrrh.

Sissy

Sassafras and smoke for black vulture feathers, and King mandarin and red musk for the deep red-orange of the vulture’s face. Blue lilac and chamomile / opoponax and vetiver for the blue and black of her eyes. Vanilla bean and fig represent her innate goodness and instinctive kindness.

September Midnight

A myrrh-darkened amber chypre sweetened by newly-ripened black pomegranate.

Black Lace

A delicate sugar-spun vanilla cream cotton, stained by tobacco and incense, Indian musk and drops of cognac.

Sheol

Vibrant gladiola, graceful stargazer lily, triumphant iris and bright heliotrope flare, and is finally made somber by heavy copal, a drop of labdanum, and tonka

Dee

Soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

The Cat

Sleek, black, dark, and clever: benzoin, honey, cedar, and dark musk.

Lady Death: Savage

White musk, grey amber, Calabrian bergamot, vanilla absolute, French labdanum, styrax, wormwood, caraway, and bois de jasmin.

Pallas Athene

Antiqued amber, cumin, saffron, frankincense, Atlas cedar, myrrh, mandarin, Ceylon cinnamon bark, and osmanthus.

Velvet

Gentle sandalwood warmed by cocoa vanilla and a veil of deep myrrh.

Edited by Balame

I'm a newbie here, but okay, here goes...

I think the defining factor about me at this point in my life is the intellectual side of me. I'm a student in her final years of school, and I love learning (although currently hate it, as is shown by me writing this post instead of studying for exams). I have a strong leaning for chemistry, and higher pure maths. I do, however, also love language and literature, as well as the humanities and social sciences (oh, politics). I look to go into research in the private sector of chemistry, but I also am very interested in journalism (science journalism, no less! The world needs it.) Politics also interests me greatly, or even being a speech writer. I have always been a very high achiever, I could read and write very young, and was quite precocious mathematically. I was accepted into a very exclusive state-wide gifted children program in both primary and high school, and I came top in almost every course I took in it in high school. However, extreme anxiety and perfectionism comes with this.

However, along with being downright, unabashedly nerdy, I am also unabashedly, very, very loud and in your face. Unless my (medium level) social anxiety prevents me. On the Myers-Briggs personality test, I score almost perfectly in the middle of the spectrum. On some others, I have gotten results that suggest INTJ. However, I don't think it's truly reflective. I have trouble defining my personality. I am somewhere between introverted and extroverted. I thrive on being the centre of attention in a crowd, but I systematically need to be alone, lest I collapse. I have some trouble in social situations, and I can seem very awkward or even autistic (as one of my old maths teachers ever-so-tactfully suggested). I seem to function best in either a crowd (especially if I have a few people I know there) or one-on-one. I have been described as really quite scary by some people I know, and as crazy by others. I am very headstrong, and also very argumentative. This is one of my favourite qualities about myself, but understandably, a lot of people don't like it.

I am quite creative, and before school stopped me having time for any hobbies, I created a lot of art (drawing and water-colour painting, mostly), wrote a lot (poems, songs, stories and plays), sang and was very interested in drama. I also read very widely, and was a novel every few days kind of person, right from when I was four or five, up until I was about sixteen (when I just couldn't afford to spend so much time reading). The one hobby I still maintain is baking and cooking, and I love it. It probably helps that I can't avoid eating or put it off because of school. I am a big foody, which is also evident in my love of gourmand scents.

I am also, in some ways, very spoilt. I come from an "old" family, with a considerable amount of money (and prestige), but have experienced an interesting social dynamic. My mother and father had quite a nasty divorce, which resulted in my mother, my sister and I homeless for a few months, and also having to really start from the bottom-up. We were quite poor for quite a few years. However, I tend to want the best of everything, and I am determined to be very wealthy, and work to get it. I want pretty clothes, lovely food, and a beautiful house.

I also love clothes. My mother is an artist, and her insistence on aesthetic has stuck with me. I love elegance, and vintage clothing. However, I also have quite the gothic streak, while still being very girly and feminine. This results in a lot of lovely, tailored dresses with very subversive prints. I am quite conservative with my clothes, purely because I dislike showing a lot of skin (I get cold! I hate shaving!), not because I'm very prudish. I am also sometimes quite preppy in my style.

I love sensory things - they take me out of my brain, which can be overwhelming at times. This is probably (definitely) why I love perfume so much. And food, and music, and...sex. My sexuality is a very big part of me, and I shall say I'm a bit of a "lady in the streets" persona (although I hate the sexist implications of that phrase). I have a long term partner (since I was a young teenager), but I sleep around a little, with his permission of course. We are both also moderately involved in the BDSM scene. I am putting this in there because I am interested in how this factors into people's recommendations. I really do apologise if that offends anyone.

But all in all, this is me.

I think the defining factor about me at this point in my life is the intellectual side of me. I'm a student in her final years of school, and I love learning (although currently hate it, as is shown by me writing this post instead of studying for exams). I have a strong leaning for chemistry, and higher pure maths. I do, however, also love language and literature, as well as the humanities and social sciences (oh, politics). I look to go into research in the private sector of chemistry, but I also am very interested in journalism (science journalism, no less! The world needs it.) Politics also interests me greatly, or even being a speech writer. I have always been a very high achiever, I could read and write very young, and was quite precocious mathematically. I was accepted into a very exclusive state-wide gifted children program in both primary and high school, and I came top in almost every course I took in it in high school. However, extreme anxiety and perfectionism comes with this.

However, along with being downright, unabashedly nerdy, I am also unabashedly, very, very loud and in your face. Unless my (medium level) social anxiety prevents me. On the Myers-Briggs personality test, I score almost perfectly in the middle of the spectrum. On some others, I have gotten results that suggest INTJ. However, I don't think it's truly reflective. I have trouble defining my personality. I am somewhere between introverted and extroverted. I thrive on being the centre of attention in a crowd, but I systematically need to be alone, lest I collapse. I have some trouble in social situations, and I can seem very awkward or even autistic (as one of my old maths teachers ever-so-tactfully suggested). I seem to function best in either a crowd (especially if I have a few people I know there) or one-on-one. I have been described as really quite scary by some people I know, and as crazy by others. I am very headstrong, and also very argumentative. This is one of my favourite qualities about myself, but understandably, a lot of people don't like it.

I am quite creative, and before school stopped me having time for any hobbies, I created a lot of art (drawing and water-colour painting, mostly), wrote a lot (poems, songs, stories and plays), sang and was very interested in drama. I also read very widely, and was a novel every few days kind of person, right from when I was four or five, up until I was about sixteen (when I just couldn't afford to spend so much time reading). The one hobby I still maintain is baking and cooking, and I love it. It probably helps that I can't avoid eating or put it off because of school. I am a big foody, which is also evident in my love of gourmand scents.

I am also, in some ways, very spoilt. I come from an "old" family, with a considerable amount of money (and prestige), but have experienced an interesting social dynamic. My mother and father had quite a nasty divorce, which resulted in my mother, my sister and I homeless for a few months, and also having to really start from the bottom-up. We were quite poor for quite a few years. However, I tend to want the best of everything, and I am determined to be very wealthy, and work to get it. I want pretty clothes, lovely food, and a beautiful house.

I also love clothes. My mother is an artist, and her insistence on aesthetic has stuck with me. I love elegance, and vintage clothing. However, I also have quite the gothic streak, while still being very girly and feminine. This results in a lot of lovely, tailored dresses with very subversive prints. I am quite conservative with my clothes, purely because I dislike showing a lot of skin (I get cold! I hate shaving!), not because I'm very prudish. I am also sometimes quite preppy in my style.

I love sensory things - they take me out of my brain, which can be overwhelming at times. This is probably (definitely) why I love perfume so much. And food, and music, and...sex. My sexuality is a very big part of me, and I shall say I'm a bit of a "lady in the streets" persona (although I hate the sexist implications of that phrase). I have a long term partner (since I was a young teenager), but I sleep around a little, with his permission of course. We are both also moderately involved in the BDSM scene. I am putting this in there because I am interested in how this factors into people's recommendations. I really do apologise if that offends anyone.

You seem to be a person who is “very” many things. It reminds me of creating an RPG character and getting high rolls for every trait. Very intelligent, very creative, very outgoing, very in your head, very sexual, very aesthetically conservative, experience being very poor and very wealthy. For your recs I will try to stick with scents that are assertive and have some sort of duality to them.

With the character creation in mind, I’d recommend an RPG combo of Elf (very intelligent and athletic), Chaotic (very everything, unpredictable!), and either Paladin or Druid, depending on which speaks to you more.

Also:

Perversion (smoky, boozy, and sweet - A must for a sensual foodie)

Golden Priapus (woodsy, golden, and vanilla’ed - Similar to O or Snake Oil, but with a masculine twist)

Kubla Khan (sweet, zingy, and smoky - Complex, but in no way muted)

Incubus (smoky, syrupy, and herbal - Unusual, unexpected, yummy!)

No. 93 Engine (spicy, herbal, resinous, and bright - Should fit with your mathematical and vintage sides)

Whip (rosel and leather - A no-brainer for your BDSM involvement)

Here goes nothing:

First of all, I'm diagnosed with schizoaffective (depressive type) and ADHD (combined type), along with anxiety and PTSD. That may seem really odd to start off with, but dealing with that really does color almost everything about me. I see things, hear things, and get delusional, but I take medication and I -know- I'm out of it, so I can usually manage myself. What I can't manage is the debilitating apathy/avolition that makes it so that I can't even feed myself unless someone ushers me to the kitchen. I'm very distracted without my medication, and I also have no sense of time in the sense that I live 'in the moment' oftentimes. I have poor working memory (not remembering things, but putting things you know into practice). I also suffer from chronic pain, specifically Fibromyalgia, so I'm pretty much in constant pain all over, which makes it hard for me to be active. I'm 23. Also, I don't consider myself male or female, but non-binary or at the very least 'gender confused'.

I'm very lonely a lot, despite having a loving mother, irl boyfriend (3 years wooh!), and many online friends. It's almost as if I need to be in constant contact with -someone- or else I start to feel panicked. I'm an artist, but I enjoy drawing monsters and fantastical things. Not to sound arrogant, but I'm pretty good at it. I'm an avid roleplayer (I tend to run tabletop games for friends online), and I also enjoy writing. I hope to one day become a self-published author (because my stories are too strange and niche for any publisher I know of).

I've been told I'm very giving. To quote a friend, "I almost think you get some kind of perverse pleasure out of giving people things". I'm very open, as you can probably tell by now. I simply don't care what people know about me, because I have nothing to hide, and I figure if I can help combat stigma, then I'm at least doing something good. This often makes me awkward in social situations. I tend to like most people right off the bat, but sometimes my paranoia will kick in if they remind me of certain people from my past. I'm spiritual, but in a very strange way. I understand that being spiritual gives me comfort, so it's really a survival strategy as opposed to true devotion or belief that 'my way is right'. I worship the ancient Egyptian deities, particularly Anubis, Set, Sobek, and Sokar. I used to want to be a funeral director, but then the hallucinations started to really hit me, so I decided that would be a bad idea. Still, I feel drawn to dead things, even though I fear death immensely. For example, I used to skin and dry hides from fresh roadkill. Of course, I also used to talk to animal skulls, but that was before my medication...so yeah.

I care about people a lot, and in a situation where it's fight or flight, I will generally always flee. I'm more afraid than violent. In fact, I've been in less fights than anyone I know. Fear is a constant in my life. It doesn't matter if someone lives far away, if they're nice to me, I'll care about them all the same. I could barely know you, but if you asked for support in the form of anything I could give, I probably would. I tend to be a lot of my friends' crisis contact, and I've stayed up many a night talking people down from depression or such.

I want to make a difference in the world, but I don't know how, the more it becomes clear how strongly my mental illnesses affect my life. I don't want to go on disability, but it's seeming more and more likely. But even if I do, I -will- find a way to contribute, even if it's through writing or art. I -need- to be of use.

I'm smart (tested IQ of 148, though I really don't think that matters because my meds make my brain really slow nowadays), and was raised considered 'gifted' before my grades plummeted due to a variety of factors. I read a lot, mostly non-fiction. I also read a -lot- about abnormal psychology, mostly about how my illnesses affect me. I hate myself a lot, because I see myself as a burden, though I'm trying to work through that.

I don't trust people in positions of authority. I'm an anarchist (think 'direct democracy' and 'highly organized' anarchy, not terrorism). I'm not active in trying to do anything to change the way the government works though, I just know that an anarchistic society is the only one (in theory) I'd feel safe in. Despite that, I tend to be submissive in bed. Go figure.

Sorry if that was long or too in depth. I'm just really interested to see what I get based on what I think about myself, I guess.

I hate myself a lot, because I see myself as a burden, though I'm trying to work through that.

I hope you can work through that too; not to sound presumptuous, but you sound like a kind, fun and talented person. I know for a fact that there are plenty of people not having to deal with constant pain and mental illnesses that choose not to accomplish half the things it sounds like you have.

Dragon's Heart - Dragon’s blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant.

Haunted - Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.

Sissy, the Ascendant - Sassafras and smoke for black vulture feathers, and King mandarin and red musk for the deep red-orange of the vulture’s face. Blue lilac and chamomile / opoponax and vetiver for the blue and black of her eyes. Vanilla bean and fig represent her innate goodness and instinctive kindness.

The Visionary - Lush, honeyed red musk twined with heart-thrilling white musk on passion-warmed skin against a backdrop of raw, iced peat, common heather, and hearth wood.

Imaginer - Honeyed patchouli, Madagascan black pepper, fossilized amber oil, beeswax absolute, massoia bark, Egyptian myrrh, and a thin thread of blood-red saffron.

Fractured Singularity - Tobacco flower, saffron crocus, myrrh, ambergris accord, and a touch of vetiver grass.

Halloween: Las Vegas - Walls smeared with red and black frosting, copious amounts of spilled red wine, the leftover contents of three full bars, dry leaves and desert flowers crushed into carpet, tobacco smoke, and champaca incense in a cloud of body-heat amped Snake Oil and Dorian.

Anubis - Holy myrrh, storax, balsam, and embalming herbs.

Mr. Jacquel - Golden amber, hyssop, North African patchouli, and embalming spices.

The Lights of Men's Lives - The wax and smoke of millions upon millions of candles illuminating the walls of Death’s shadowy cave.

Death Shall Come in with Thee - Opium poppy, smoke, and tar with green cognac, brittle white vanilla pod, white sandalwood, and clove bud.

Acid, first off, a huge internet hug for coping with your illness. I too have depression and anxiety, and when that stuff gets the better of me, I am a shell of what I normally am. I completely understand, and I hope you can get through the foggy days (that's what I call my off days).

Now, for something a little more on the fun side of things, a scent rec! Personally, I think that Hand of Glory would be great for you. Beeswax, dry leather, black pepper, saltpeter, nutmeg, Mysore sandalwood, and oak bark. It's dark and a bit brooding, but with the beeswax and spices, there is an under current of sweet lightness about it. A little mysterious, and it'll catch people off guard when they ask what are you wearing, and you get to reply with Hand of Glory.

Acid, I'm sorry to hear you have so many things to struggle with. I myself am diagnosed with disorganized schizophrenia, so I can relate to a bit of what you're experiencing. I also get long bouts of "nothingness", when the avolition/apathy and what the less informed would call "laziness" really kicks in, but usually I think I manage fairly well.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm certain you already ARE contributing to life and the world, at least to those close to you :smile:

But I can absolutely relate to your feelings.

If you ever want to have a chat, feel free to pm me any time :smile:

I was also going to suggest Mr. Jacquel for your interest in things related to death and dying, so now I'll second that.

In the same vein, Yorick might work for you: Grave dirt, bone, decay, angel’s trumpet, and moldering scraps of shroud: the essence of finality.

And for your love of reading, there is no better scent than ParaNorman's The Book: Old, yellowed parchment paper, tattered leather bindings. There’s a distinct warmth to the scent, though it is ancient and brittle.

You seem to be a person who is “very” many things. It reminds me of creating an RPG character and getting high rolls for every trait. Very intelligent, very creative, very outgoing, very in your head, very sexual, very aesthetically conservative, experience being very poor and very wealthy. For your recs I will try to stick with scents that are assertive and have some sort of duality to them.

With the character creation in mind, I’d recommend an RPG combo of Elf (very intelligent and athletic), Chaotic (very everything, unpredictable!), and either Paladin or Druid, depending on which speaks to you more.

Also:

Perversion (smoky, boozy, and sweet - A must for a sensual foodie)

Golden Priapus (woodsy, golden, and vanilla’ed - Similar to O or Snake Oil, but with a masculine twist)

Kubla Khan (sweet, zingy, and smoky - Complex, but in no way muted)

Incubus (smoky, syrupy, and herbal - Unusual, unexpected, yummy!)

No. 93 Engine (spicy, herbal, resinous, and bright - Should fit with your mathematical and vintage sides)

Whip (rosel and leather - A no-brainer for your BDSM involvement)

Thank you so much, BoneBone24! I especially love the idea of the RPG scents, it's brilliant. Thank you so much again!

There are a lot of INTJs here it seems! At least on this last page.

I've recently fallen in love with BPAL, but there are so many options, I don't know where to start! I ordered the Most Beloved imp set, but the only one I really liked was Sin (it's so sweet and quirky). The only other ones that I like are RPG Mage (Sold Out!) and perhaps Sea of Glass (but it was a little too sharp in the bottle). So I hope this thread can help.

• The basics: I'm a neuroscience major in college, an INFP, a fiction writer and a poet, who comes across as a thinking type. I don't believe in the supernatural. Slytherin; actually a Capricorn but I prefer Scorpio; my favorite character right now is Fai D. Flourite from Tsubasa; in GoT I really like Ned Stark and Brienne of Tarth, which I think should sum me up pretty well. You can just stop here if you like!
  • My favorite thing is figuring out people. I write mostly to create characters and in the process, make sense of people's motivations and thought processes.
  • I'm very introverted, I hate small-talk and am kind of eccentric and awkward, but I can be really friendly and energetic if I have to be.
  • I tend to be very cynical and careful about relationships, but I really love the very few people I feel like I can trust.
  • I love music. Right now, I like chillwave and darkwave, I guess (?) like PNFPN by Aural Vampire. It's relaxing. Florence + the Machine gives me serious feels and can only be taken in small doses.
  • My dream is to travel extensively and experience as much as I can in life. I want to have adventures! First stop: Tokyo, Japan. I love big cities.
  • I was born in the winter, but my favorite season is summer, and I love the ocean. If I had to pick an element, I'd pick ice.
  • I'm a little genderqueer, in that if I could pick my sex, I'd probably be a rather feminine male.
  • I like to keep things simple. I like living in apartments because there's less room to lose things and it would be nice if I could fit all my belongings in a couple suitcases.
  • If I had a RPG class, it'd be some kind of White Rogue if that's a thing. Or maybe a frost mage.

I hope this is exactly enough information!

Edited by Kanashisa

Kanashisa

In GoT I really like Ned Stark and Brienne of Tarth, which I think should sum me up pretty well.

:biggrin: Brienne is also my favorite!

I have two suggestions for you:

Embalming Fluid: A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon. (a bit of a no-nonsense scent. Crisp, sharp, and interesting)

Pandy: Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper. (A scent based on somebody who wants to travel and have adventures. Fresh, sweet, but with a hint of spice)

Kanashisa

In GoT I really like Ned Stark and Brienne of Tarth, which I think should sum me up pretty well.

Embalming Fluid: A light, pure scent: white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon. (a bit of a no-nonsense scent. Crisp, sharp, and interesting)

Pandy: Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper. (A scent based on somebody who wants to travel and have adventures. Fresh, sweet, but with a hint of spice)

Yay fellow Brienne fan :D Thank you! I have already tried embalming fluid and it was lovely. Pandy sounds very exciting and I had never heard of it. I will order it next.

I hate myself a lot, because I see myself as a burden, though I'm trying to work through that.

I hope you can work through that too; not to sound presumptuous, but you sound like a kind, fun and talented person. I know for a fact that there are plenty of people not having to deal with constant pain and mental illnesses that choose not to accomplish half the things it sounds like you have.

Dragon's Heart - Dragon’s blood resin, red and black musks, a throb of fig and a sliver of black currant.

Haunted - Soft golden amber darkened with a touch of murky black musk.

Sissy, the Ascendant - Sassafras and smoke for black vulture feathers, and King mandarin and red musk for the deep red-orange of the vulture’s face. Blue lilac and chamomile / opoponax and vetiver for the blue and black of her eyes. Vanilla bean and fig represent her innate goodness and instinctive kindness.

The Visionary - Lush, honeyed red musk twined with heart-thrilling white musk on passion-warmed skin against a backdrop of raw, iced peat, common heather, and hearth wood.

Imaginer - Honeyed patchouli, Madagascan black pepper, fossilized amber oil, beeswax absolute, massoia bark, Egyptian myrrh, and a thin thread of blood-red saffron.

Fractured Singularity - Tobacco flower, saffron crocus, myrrh, ambergris accord, and a touch of vetiver grass.

Halloween: Las Vegas - Walls smeared with red and black frosting, copious amounts of spilled red wine, the leftover contents of three full bars, dry leaves and desert flowers crushed into carpet, tobacco smoke, and champaca incense in a cloud of body-heat amped Snake Oil and Dorian.

Anubis - Holy myrrh, storax, balsam, and embalming herbs.

Mr. Jacquel - Golden amber, hyssop, North African patchouli, and embalming spices.

The Lights of Men's Lives - The wax and smoke of millions upon millions of candles illuminating the walls of Death’s shadowy cave.

Death Shall Come in with Thee - Opium poppy, smoke, and tar with green cognac, brittle white vanilla pod, white sandalwood, and clove bud.

Acid, first off, a huge internet hug for coping with your illness. I too have depression and anxiety, and when that stuff gets the better of me, I am a shell of what I normally am. I completely understand, and I hope you can get through the foggy days (that's what I call my off days).

Now, for something a little more on the fun side of things, a scent rec! Personally, I think that Hand of Glory would be great for you. Beeswax, dry leather, black pepper, saltpeter, nutmeg, Mysore sandalwood, and oak bark. It's dark and a bit brooding, but with the beeswax and spices, there is an under current of sweet lightness about it. A little mysterious, and it'll catch people off guard when they ask what are you wearing, and you get to reply with Hand of Glory.

Acid, I'm sorry to hear you have so many things to struggle with. I myself am diagnosed with disorganized schizophrenia, so I can relate to a bit of what you're experiencing. I also get long bouts of "nothingness", when the avolition/apathy and what the less informed would call "laziness" really kicks in, but usually I think I manage fairly well.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I'm certain you already ARE contributing to life and the world, at least to those close to you :smile:

But I can absolutely relate to your feelings.

If you ever want to have a chat, feel free to pm me any time :smile:

I was also going to suggest Mr. Jacquel for your interest in things related to death and dying, so now I'll second that.

In the same vein, Yorick might work for you: Grave dirt, bone, decay, angel’s trumpet, and moldering scraps of shroud: the essence of finality.

And for your love of reading, there is no better scent than ParaNorman's The Book: Old, yellowed parchment paper, tattered leather bindings. There’s a distinct warmth to the scent, though it is ancient and brittle.

Ahhhh, thank you all so much, reading these really made my day! Time to update my wishlist and go curl up in feel-goods. <3 Aviatrix, I might PM you when I feel up to it, actually. I've been oddly busy these last few days, so I might be slow with any communication though. ^^;

Kanashisa

Yay fellow Brienne fan :D Thank you! I have already tried embalming fluid and it was lovely. Pandy sounds very exciting and I had never heard of it. I will order it next.

Here's some recs for you, fellow genderqueer-y and INFP person! :D

Miskatonic University: The scent of Irish coffee, dusty tomes and polished oakwood halls.(for the thinky person/neuroscience person in you. It's very comforting but also a good 'sit down and study' blend)

Al-Azif: A sinister, sinuous incense of summoning, a herald and paean to the Primordial Gods of Darkness, Chaos, Madness and Decay.( I think my love of this perfume might be clouding my judgement, but just...ignore the description and trust me when I tell you it smells like an old psychology textbook. Or an evil book. Either or. It's pretty no-nonsense and gender-neutral in my opinion. Very Slytherin.)

Ladon: The hundred-headed dragon that guards the garden of the Hesperides: dragon’s blood resin, golden apple, apple blossom, white musk and hyacinth. (More Slytherin love, but with a sweet edge I guess? I'm just guessing from the apple. I kind also just want you to try dragon's blood resin. :D )

Black Pearl: Evocative of the sea's unplumbed mysteries. Gentle and lovely, but menacing and profound. Coconut, Florentine iris, hazelnut and opalescent white musk.(You love the Ocean, right? *grins*)

Kumiho: A sharp, biting blend of crisp white tea and ginger. (Just based on how you like embalming fluid)

Olokun: His ofrenda is the scent of the lightless deep: the glorious, unknowable gloom of the ocean floor. (more ocean love)

Verdandi:Deep herbs and apple with black amber.(Necessity)

Dormouse: A dizzying eddy of four teas brushed with light herbs and a breath of peony.

Veritas: The essence of honesty, integrity, and veracity: frankincense, white carnation, angelica, chamomile, and heliotrope.

The Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil: Whiffs of cinnamon bark, almond, and spikenard surround a perfect fruit, whose scent is akin to a tamarind, with the grace of a fine grape, as warm and rich as a fresh fig, glistening red like pomegranate seeds, and as crisp as an apple.

Half-Elf: White sandalwood, beeswax, white tea leaf, oud, and a hint of sophisticated urban musk

R'lyeh: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn. The sunken city of the Great God Cthulhu. A hellishly dark aquatic scent, evocative of fathomless oceanic deeps, the mysteries of madness buried under crushing black waters, and the brooding eternal evil that lies beneath the waves.

Rome: Refined, austere and graceful. A recipe gleaned from Classical Rome: cypress, juniper, chamomile and rose.

Shanghai:The crisp, clean scent of green tea touched with lemon verbena and honeysuckle.

If you want to ask why I picked a certain scent, ask away! :)

:biggrin:

Thank you! These recommendations are great. It's funny because I always get half-elf in these D&D quizzes. Are you a mind reader?

Hello everyone!

I received my 6 imps a few days ago and if I wasn't hooked before (which I most definitely was) I'm hooked now for life!!! Seeing as I am such a newbie to everything BPAL, I would absolutely love it if someone could recommend some scents for me based on my personality.

I am 19 years old, a Pisces (born on the Aquarian/Pisces cusp), blue eyes, bisexual, I love to act, read, paint, play the piano - if it's creative, then I love to dabble in it! I'm attending University at the moment for a Bachelor of Arts and the courses I'm doing at the moment are Drama, English, History, and Film, Media & Cultural Studies. Even though I know it sounds trite and naive, my dream is to be an Actress. Ever since I was little I have had a passion for the Occult and have had some of the 'things' that come with the gift of Second Sight. For one example, when I was about one and a half I told my Mother that in my past life I was a male farmer from Scotland with 5 children, "those horses with the very large feet" and a wife!

Some words that people in my life have used to describe me are "ethereal" - "dramatic" - "complex" - "intense"

I've always loved Gothic Horror (my 3 favourite gothic horror literary texts being Wuthering Heights, Dracula & Jane Eyre), the Renaissance, Pirates etc. A few people have actually told me that my face/features are like out of a Botticelli painting - not that I'm saying I look like Venus, or anything as vain as that haha.

Two big role models of mine are Florence Welch (from Florence and the Machine) and Helena Bonham Carter. Game of Thrones-wise, I love me some Margaery Tyrell!

If anyone could help a baby BPALer find her scent, it would be you guys! I would be so grateful for any suggestions as it is slightly overwhelming looking at all the gorgeous descriptions for the vast array of scents!

Thank you so much! (And I promise once I'm more knowledgable on what the perfumes smell like, I'll be recommending so many to all of you!)

xx

Edited by CaptainClo

I’m not new, but I have always wanted to get a recommendation on this thread. I have tried many scents but I am always looking for recommendations. I just don’t really know how to describe myself. I FEEL things deeply but articulating them can be difficult. I have typed this out like 3 times now, trying to understand who I am is hard for me. So here goes.

I have noticed reading these that some people give Lit references to people that remind them of themselves. A lot of these are GOT characters. Since I have read the books, I would say CAT or Sansa would be the closest to me. Cat is a little bit too cunning for me actually I think. Anne Shirley would probably be my closest match. I’m not a great writer like she is, but she feels things so deeply and I can relate to that. She also finds beauty in everything and so do I.

I work as a travel consultant. I do love what I do. I have been to lots of different places and I really enjoy traveling to places where no one knows me and doesn’t speak English. I don’t ever think I will lose my wanderlust, but what I would prefer to do would probably clip my wings and I would be okay with that sacrifice. What I really want to do is farm. I grew up in the country and we had a huge working farm. I said when I was younger that I would get as far away from that lifestyle as possible and I did for a few years. Then I started to miss it. Now it’s my biggest dream, the dream of having a house on the old farm, growing crops, raising animals and just living a peaceful quite life. No 9 to 5, no stuck in traffic, just me and my family working together to survive. There is something so calming about that idea.

I tend to be an introvert. There are occasions when I can be a social butterfly but they are rare. Even when I travel I just sort of walk around, without being part of a large group and observe. At parties I do the same thing, or I chat up someone I know very well. It’s not that I don’t want to get to know people; it’s just that, honestly small talk sort of bores me. I’m also not good at making small talk. My mind wanders too much. I’m also a little bit shy (Some people have said I was a snob- but I’m not…only shy)

Having said that- I do have friend’s and they are very important to me lol. They run the gambit from social outcast to socialite. I never judge a book by its cover and I really like having friends that are completely different from each other. I do have one true best friend. She is my kindred and she gets me. We will be best friends until they day one of us dies and then hopefully our friendship continues pasted this life. She is my polar opposite which is funny, but she understands and loves me for who I am. My other best friend is my husband. We are deeply in love. He is a lot like me, except he is chattier with people than I am. He is also great at conflict resolution which is something I struggle with. I feel I am a push over, or that I overreact. He just tells someone how it’s going to be and they do it. It’s a nice skill to have.

I’m pretty detail orientated. I’m on time, and don’t appreciate my time being wasted. If I’m on the job, it will be right, it will be on time and it will be the best I could give. I take pride in things. However, if I’m not on the job….I can be messy, laid back and very lax in things. I’m weird I guess. I feel that my kitchen, bathrooms and all the laundry must be perfect all the time, but to hell with the living room, floors and making my bed.

I’m crafty and creative. I’m not as artistically creative as most people here. I play a bit with art, but mainly where my skills shine would be a more practical creativeness. I’m a pretty good problem solver (as long as we are talking about tangible problems not philosophical ones) Is your car stuck in the snow? Give me a sec I’ll figure how to get it out. Don’t have enough butter milk for a dish you’re making? No worries I know a ton of ways to replace it. I think outside the box then get to work making it up as I go along. It usually works. I also have an eye for home decorating, and for pairing colors together. I’m not a writer or painter but I am a singer. I just won’t sing in public, but I have a really good voice. I use it mostly to sing to kids. Kids are the best audience anyway. I also sing to my dog and cat. No word yet on how they feel about it. I also have a HUGE imagination. I have whole books in my head that I would love to write only I don’t have the skills to put them to paper.

I’m very hands on. If I want to learn about something I read everything I can get my hands on then I research some more. If it’s a procedure (Example: Soap making) then after I have read, I just jump right in and hope for the best. I usually make something my own by the end of the procedure and have tweaked it to make it suit me better. I use directions as suggestions, but the research I put in gives me enough info usually to make my decisions safely and effectively.

As I said above I feel things deeply. When I love, I LOVE, When I’m sad, the end of the world is nigh. When I’m excited about something my whole body vibrates. I can watch the wrong commercial and be in tears. I saw an inspirational quote the other day and shed a few tears….believe me, I feel things DEEPLY. I can also tend to get my feelings hurt pretty easy. I also feel deeply about certain social issues and can be a tad bit political. I have done my fair share of volunteerism and I love it, only I’m not the face of the cause, nope I’m in the background sorting clothes, stuffing food boxes or stuffing envelopes.

I’m a planner. If we are going somewhere, I have lists, and confirmation numbers etc. I know where we will be eating, what hotel we will stay at and what the reviews of that hotel are. I have a list of every possible thing we will need. It’s not that I don’t enjoy spontaneity; it’s just that I think planning things is half the fun. A well executed successful plan is my happy place. Plus if you’re ever on vacation with me, you will never need to run to the store for aspirin because I already have 3 different kinds in my suitcase.

I’m not a leader and don’t want to be. No, you go do your thing and I will do mine. However if you need someone to get your back...I’m your girl, just no shouting orders at me please. I can follow a leader if that leader is strong and worthy of being followed. If that leader is not, then I see right through it and will push back with everything I have. This got me in trouble a lot in school. I’m just not a team player most of time. My parents would hear from my teachers that I was so smart but just didn’t put in the effort, and this was true. I only put in effort when I wanted it, but on tests I did very well. I just really hated dumb useless assignments and refused to do them. For a quiet kid, I was sort of a jerk looking back lol.

My physical appearance probably does reflect my inside self. My makeup is usually neutral (However, on some occasions I will joyfully glam it up) I don’t wear much makeup most of the time but I have a huge make up collection. Why, because I want to be prepared. If I take a notion to want yellow eyeliner one day then by God I want that in arms reach! My hair is close to my natural color and I don’t really do much to it. It air-dries to waves and that is fine with me. I adore dresses and wear them mostly. They are usually flowing ones that aren’t tight and uncomfortable. I wear a lot of white, black, brown, grey and light blue.

I figure what can wrong will so it’s best to be prepared for it. I understand that fate will have her way, but we can always stack the odds better in our favor. I have been through Hell and back. A few years ago almost everything I wanted, loved and dreamed for almost slipped away from me. In one moment I was happy and then the next ,my life was spinning out of control. I came through it stronger but possibly a bit more jaded to life. I keep a weathered eye on the horizon now and I don’t take anything for granted. It can LITERALLY be ripped from you at anytime.

I will fight hard for the people or causes I love. I will fight until I have nothing left. I am loyal. If you are on my team, then I have your back. I’m also quick to forgive and bury the hatchet. I try to be the peacemaker in my family. I will speak the truth to a loved one, but I will never speak against them in public.

I love men. I tend to get along better with men than woman. I have been boy crazy since Kindergarten and always had a boyfriend waiting in the wings somewhere. Of course all that changed when I met the love of my life. Now I’m just crazy about my husband.

I love reading. My favorites are huge epic novels that span generations. I love animals and children. Most of what I watch on television is history documentaries or things from my childhood. An occasional series will catch my attention, but it usually won’t hold it through 6 seasons. I enjoy traveling and camping (Recently camping more than hotels). I love taking long walks by myself and long car trips by myself. I love museums and learning the history of different places. I love my Husband and kids most of all. I love the beach, hiking, date night, cold days spent inside with hot tea and a great book, drinks with friends at a local bar, Waking up to snow, eating at expensive places, and spending time with my kids. I enjoy all the seasons, except when it’s above 100 or below 20. I think there are wonderful aspects to all of the seasons and to all areas of the world. I even think swamps are beautiful.

What I don’t care for is large hustling cities, with a few exceptions. They have just too many people and too much noise. I don’t care for fake-ness of any kind. The worst kind is fake-ness I think is found in sales (car sales man are the worst) Don’t pretend to care about me when you’re just trying to sell me something, I’m not sure why that offends me so much. I have an aversion to new things. I don’t even own a smart phone and have a love hate relationship with my Kindle.

I hope one day to be the coolest Grandmother in town, to still be having amazing sex at 80 and to finally be able to say “I got everything I wanted”. But more importantly when I die I hope I’m missed and remembered and that I taught something to someone that will be useful to pass on.

Hello everyone!

I received my 6 imps a few days ago and if I wasn't hooked before (which I most definitely was) I'm hooked now for life!!! Seeing as I am such a newbie to everything BPAL, I would absolutely love it if someone could recommend some scents for me based on my personality.

I am 19 years old, a Pisces (born on the Aquarian/Pisces cusp), blue eyes, bisexual, I love to act, read, paint, play the piano - if it's creative, then I love to dabble in it! I'm attending University at the moment for a Bachelor of Arts and the courses I'm doing at the moment are Drama, English, History, and Film, Media & Cultural Studies. Even though I know it sounds trite and naive, my dream is to be an Actress. Ever since I was little I have had a passion for the Occult and have had some of the 'things' that come with the gift of Second Sight. For one example, when I was about one and a half I told my Mother that in my past life I was a male farmer from Scotland with 5 children, "those horses with the very large feet" and a wife!

Some words that people in my life have used to describe me are "ethereal" - "dramatic" - "complex" - "intense"

I've always loved Gothic Horror (my 3 favourite gothic horror literary texts being Wuthering Heights, Dracula & Jane Eyre), the Renaissance, Pirates etc. A few people have actually told me that my face/features are like out of a Botticelli painting - not that I'm saying I look like Venus, or anything as vain as that haha.

Two big role models of mine are Florence Welch (from Florence and the Machine) and Helena Bonham Carter. Game of Thrones-wise, I love me some Margaery Tyrell!

If anyone could help a baby BPALer find her scent, it would be you guys! I would be so grateful for any suggestions as it is slightly overwhelming looking at all the gorgeous descriptions for the vast array of scents!

Thank you so much! (And I promise once I'm more knowledgable on what the perfumes smell like, I'll be recommending so many to all of you!)

xx

Here's some quick recs from the GC. :D

Eternal - Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia.

Twilight - Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.

Arcana - Frankincense, rosemary, lavender, neroli, and verbena.

Intrigue - Black palm, with cocoa, fig and shadowy wooded notes.

Séance - A mysterious, enigmatic blend of dry, mellow rosewood, crushed rose leaf and the slightest touch of warm hazel.

Veil - White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang.

Bram Stoker - Bourbon vetiver with opoponax, Italian bergamot, and hay absolute.

Hello everyone!

xx

Here's some quick recs from the GC. :D

Eternal - Stephanotis, cyclamen, heliotrope, white rose and gardenia.

Twilight - Lavender and jasmine, with a touch of glowing honeysuckle.

Arcana - Frankincense, rosemary, lavender, neroli, and verbena.

Intrigue - Black palm, with cocoa, fig and shadowy wooded notes.

Séance - A mysterious, enigmatic blend of dry, mellow rosewood, crushed rose leaf and the slightest touch of warm hazel.

Veil - White sandalwood, lilac, gardenia, violet, orris, lavender and ylang ylang.

Bram Stoker - Bourbon vetiver with opoponax, Italian bergamot, and hay absolute.

Oh my God, Acid - thank you so much! I hadn't even thought of any of these for me until you said them and I can completely 100% see where you're coming from! Wicked username, by the way ;D

If anyone else wants to help me as well, I am all ears! ;D