Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

Alright, let's try this. :)

MBTI: INTJ

Sun: Pisces Moon: Leo Asc: Capricorn

I grew up moving from place to place (mainly in Latin America) because of my parents jobs. As such, I haven't really set down any roots in the US, that said, I love travel and start to feel jittery when I'm in one place for several years. I still don't know how to answer Facebook's where are you from question.

My main interest include reading(Favorite Book: The Little Prince), cooking, playing video games (Don't Starve is awesome), and travel. I also love playing around with computers and am working on getting my MS in Computer Science. It actually took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do, and I actually started college with the plan of majoring in Japanese. Before finally deciding on a BS in IT, I played around with the idea of majoring in Anthropology and History too (well, I am a Pisces).

I have a love hate relationship with the TV. I'm super impatient, and so have trouble sitting through commercial breaks. That said, when I can manage to get series on DVD that I like, I tend to marathon. Some of my favorite shows include Due South and Doctor Who (with Eccleston and Tenent). Donna was my favorite companion.

I worked for several years as a cube monkey in a calling center, which was interesting when I was new enough to learn new things every day, but by the end of three years, was just kinda soul draining. I am pretty sure that I'm too much of an introvert to ever be happy just handling phone calls and e-mails (although e-mails are a marked improvement on the phones).

And that disjointed summary pretty much covers it.

Hmm, describing oneself... certainly an interesting feat :). I've been here for a while now but never have managed to get around to this yet. I shall give it a shot!

I consider myself to be very laid back, in an absent-minded lazy-housecat kind of way, but I also struggle with mental stress as I tend to over worry and I can be a stickler for some things.

I appreciate exotic tastes and cultures, and love ancient styles (though I struggle with ancient-themed perfumes as they all tend to be too smoky, heavy, floral, or resinous-- I do like 'Morocco' though). I consider myself quite feminine, and I enjoy feminine things, but when I put the effort into going beyond "respectably comfortable and presentable" I tend to have a sophisticated womanly style, with maybe a touch of fun boho somewhere in there. I welcome the opportunity to be super-classy once in a while (really I could probably spend half of my time doing so happily) with the whole shebang, but usually I am minimalist in my day to day- with a twist.

I enjoy the decadent things in life, but don't consider myself much of an overly "bubbly" person, and I don't tend to obsess over sweets. I am definitely not a morning person lol, but I love sunrises and sunsets and warm beaches and relaxing massages. I can be quite the firy hellcat when I get really mad, I've heard :P , and I know I am of a very protective nature. Currently I am at a crossroads and trying to figure out my life; but I am not unfulfilled either... just maybe in need of some balance and a recovery of my drive, my old creativity, my ambition.

I do have/did have a vixen-esque side, but she rarely comes out to play (if ever). Mostly I spend my time being supportive, calm; quietly and observantly in the background. Once in a while I really like to get wild though! I enjoy listening to people's problems, advice giving, and generally trying to help those that seek it (besides goofing around with my hubby, cooking, and relaxing vacations which I also enjoy).

Well, I hope this helps! :wub2:

Edited by Phox

Hmm, describing oneself... certainly an interesting feat :). I've been here for a while now but never have managed to get around to this yet. I shall give it a shot!

I consider myself to be very laid back, in an absent-minded lazy-housecat kind of way, but I also struggle with mental stress as I tend to over worry and I can be a stickler for some things.

I appreciate exotic tastes and cultures, and love ancient styles (though I struggle with ancient-themed perfumes as they all tend to be too smoky, heavy, floral, or resinous-- I do like 'Morocco' though). I consider myself quite feminine, and I enjoy feminine things, but when I put the effort into going beyond "respectably comfortable and presentable" I tend to have a sophisticated womanly style, with maybe a touch of fun boho somewhere in there. I welcome the opportunity to be super-classy once in a while (really I could probably spend half of my time doing so happily) with the whole shebang, but usually I am minimalist in my day to day- with a twist.

I enjoy the decadent things in life, but don't consider myself much of an overly "bubbly" person, and I don't tend to obsess over sweets. I am definitely not a morning person lol, but I love sunrises and sunsets and warm beaches and relaxing massages. I can be quite the firy hellcat when I get really mad, I've heard :P , and I know I am of a very protective nature. Currently I am at a crossroads and trying to figure out my life; but I am not unfulfilled either... just maybe in need of some balance and a recovery of my drive, my old creativity, my ambition.

I do have/did have a vixen-esque side, but she rarely comes out to play (if ever). Mostly I spend my time being supportive, calm; quietly and observantly in the background. Once in a while I really like to get wild though! I enjoy listening to people's problems, advice giving, and generally trying to help those that seek it (besides goofing around with my hubby, cooking, and relaxing vacations which I also enjoy).

Well, I hope this helps! :wub2:

Some things that come to mind:

Jezebel, pandy, of the recent releases- lovers in the tea house, the east (exotic but not heavy), French love (for the lazy house cat sensuality), mag mell, crow moon, tintagel, the book, thousands of lights, coralline jones, cleric.

These suggestions seem completely random but there is some method to it, somewhere, I guess...

Some things that come to mind:

Jezebel, pandy, of the recent releases- lovers in the tea house, the east (exotic but not heavy), French love (for the lazy house cat sensuality), mag mell, crow moon, tintagel, the book, thousands of lights, coralline jones, cleric.

These suggestions seem completely random but there is some method to it, somewhere, I guess...

Wow, thanks those are all some gorgeous sounding scents, some of which are entirely new to me! :) Definitely updated my wishlist ... and I can see the connection between your suggestions and my self description pretty well :lol: .

Curiosity won!

The Zodiacs first! Sun: Taurus. Moon: Pisces. Asc. Libra.

Earth Snake.

MBTI: I actually got tested more than once for this x,x I hate tests. But the results were both INFP and INTP if I remember correctly.

I was born in Germany, well still born. Nearly killed my poor mom in the process (Seriously, no wonder she has grey hair now x,x'). They ended up reviving me and from then on, my life seems to have been (and still is) a tumultuous one. I finally have come to terms I am a conundrum in of myself and have no hope in completely figuring myself out. The animus confuses me so! We moved a lot when I was younger and it seemed to have shaped me in my late teens, being homeless. Though, I have settled now, I feel the need to suddenly uproot and go further East and North.

Socially, I am awkward as heck! I'm this tall, lumbering thing that'll get random bouts of uncontrollable energy and start bouncing all over the place! I tend to lean towards helping others. Feeling their pain in a way. Sometimes, it backfires and I get bitched at. I also have a terrible time expressing myself on the get-go, which leads to a lot of miss-communication, misunderstandings or people taking my words and twisting them to better fit their outcome. As I tend to leave a lot open. Let's just say, that what is in my head and what gets openly expressed are entirely too different! I leave out key points, thinking I already put them out there! XD Wonderful lessons I tell ya!

I am both old and young in the soul. I feel as though I am born in the wrong era, feeling as though Pre-Indo European is where I need to be. Where as, I'm young enough to continue to chase fireflies and approach animals with a sense of wonder (That goes for humans too).

I have also learned a while back, that I can easily grasp onto languages. Anthropology, History, Linguistics, seem to be my forte. I also tend to go through "Cycles". From random mediums of art, to writing, to cooking, to languages. My spirituality is sacred to me, but I do not let it run me via books, or how others deem it to be. I'm told to follow what I know is right and that's a lesson I am still learning.

I'm chaos, everything I do seems to be such, yet I am viewed as laid back and happy. I'm also a gift giver, which has led me to be used that and sometimes I give trust before it's earned. It leads to a lot of "Dammit! *Hits self repeatedly* You dumb-fuck! You should have known better!" I also, in person swear waaaaaaaay too much...

I'd write more, as I feel that doesn't even seem to be a coherent idea of what my personality is @,@ but then I'd feel waaaay too narcissistic >,<!

Scents that seem to (not) work for me: O (So far, it smells like wet mold and play-doh XD) anything else, somehow works for me...

Curiosity won!

The Zodiacs first! Sun: Taurus. Moon: Pisces. Asc. Libra.

Earth Snake.

MBTI: I actually got tested more than once for this x,x I hate tests. But the results were both INFP and INTP if I remember correctly.

I was born in Germany, well still born. Nearly killed my poor mom in the process (Seriously, no wonder she has grey hair now x,x'). They ended up reviving me and from then on, my life seems to have been (and still is) a tumultuous one. I finally have come to terms I am a conundrum in of myself and have no hope in completely figuring myself out. The animus confuses me so! We moved a lot when I was younger and it seemed to have shaped me in my late teens, being homeless. Though, I have settled now, I feel the need to suddenly uproot and go further East and North.

Socially, I am awkward as heck! I'm this tall, lumbering thing that'll get random bouts of uncontrollable energy and start bouncing all over the place! I tend to lean towards helping others. Feeling their pain in a way. Sometimes, it backfires and I get bitched at. I also have a terrible time expressing myself on the get-go, which leads to a lot of miss-communication, misunderstandings or people taking my words and twisting them to better fit their outcome. As I tend to leave a lot open. Let's just say, that what is in my head and what gets openly expressed are entirely too different! I leave out key points, thinking I already put them out there! XD Wonderful lessons I tell ya!

I am both old and young in the soul. I feel as though I am born in the wrong era, feeling as though Pre-Indo European is where I need to be. Where as, I'm young enough to continue to chase fireflies and approach animals with a sense of wonder (That goes for humans too).

I have also learned a while back, that I can easily grasp onto languages. Anthropology, History, Linguistics, seem to be my forte. I also tend to go through "Cycles". From random mediums of art, to writing, to cooking, to languages. My spirituality is sacred to me, but I do not let it run me via books, or how others deem it to be. I'm told to follow what I know is right and that's a lesson I am still learning.

I'm chaos, everything I do seems to be such, yet I am viewed as laid back and happy. I'm also a gift giver, which has led me to be used that and sometimes I give trust before it's earned. It leads to a lot of "Dammit! *Hits self repeatedly* You dumb-fuck! You should have known better!" I also, in person swear waaaaaaaay too much...

I'd write more, as I feel that doesn't even seem to be a coherent idea of what my personality is @,@ but then I'd feel waaaay too narcissistic >,<!

Scents that seem to (not) work for me: O (So far, it smells like wet mold and play-doh XD) anything else, somehow works for me...

A few off the top of my head, I might update later :)

Delirium, Rose Cross, Morgause, Crossroads, Venice, Chuparosa,The Liliac Wood, Dana O’Shee, Iambe, iole, Pele, Versailles and Séance

Edit: Update

Edited by Amber Tears

Thought I'd give this a shot for the hell of it. :wave:

Basics:

Late 20's

Gemini

Female

Bisexual

Non-religious

My MTBI type is INFP.

I'm introverted (and very shy until you know me), idealistic, curious, creative, and a non-stop daydreamer. I tend to be torn between hopeless romanticism and cynical realism, with a sarcastic streak and a love of puns. I have an Associate degree in Graphic Design and a penchant for singing, though my voice is very rusty. I have ADHD, which shows in my tendency to get sidetracked and bored very easily. I have trouble functioning without listening to music (very eclectic tastes), and I'm the kind of person who'll carry 2 paperbacks and an mp3 player in her purse at all times, but sometimes forgets to pack her cell phone or wallet.

I like reading non-fiction and well as fiction. I've loved Greek mythology since childhood, and Shakespeare since adolescence. (A Midsummer Night's Dream is my fav play.) In terms of fiction, my poison tends to be Fantasy/Sci-Fi, horror, poetry, and historical fiction (esp. lady-centric historical fiction). In terms of non-fiction; lots of history, politics, feminism, and art/design books, with some psychology thrown in here and there. I'm also unabashedly fangirly - my fandoms of choice at the moment are Doctor Who and Marvel Comics/MCU.

For all that I like history and old/classic things, I definitely don't feel like I was born in the wrong era. I'm quite fond of technology, indoor plumbing, modern medicine, and having the right to vote. ;)

My fashion sense is...whatever I can afford that doesn't look too horrible. I wear lots of black, though less because I'm partial to the color and more because it's versatile and can go with anything. On my very limited budget, mixing and matching is a requirement. I prefer wearing solid colors to prints, and at least 75% of my shirts are blue, though my all-time favorite color is purple. I don't like wearing things with logos.

I hate makeup and don't do much with my hair; just wash it, condition it, and brush it. When I get really wild, I may pull it back in a ponytail at the nape of my neck. I also don't wear jewelry very often - I tend to feel like it's wearing me, in a weird way. I do, however, paint my nails periodically - I generally prefer blues and purples when it comes to the colors I pick.

In short, my style is the essence of Plain Jane. Partly for financial reasons, and partly because I just don't like being very fussy about it.

As for the negatives...I'm brutally self-critical and prone to depression and anxiety, but not one who romanticizes it. I'm no Jaques - when I'm depressed, I'm miserable and constantly looking for things to either distract me from it or help me feel better. I don't relish melancholia. I have trouble adapting to big changes and, as contradictory as it may sound, I tend to have difficulty keeping any sort of routine. I don't usually take criticism well - I don't necessarily lash out at the person criticizing me, I just tend to internalize it and use it as one more reason to beat myself up. There are times when my habitual day-dreaming will bite back; I'll obsess over worst-case scenarios until I give myself a panic attack sometimes. I over-think everything.

My fav scents generally tend to be florals and aquatics. Patchouli literally makes me ill. Very earthy scents usually leave me feeling like I'm suffocating, and I tend to not like smelling like food, though fruity florals will sometimes get a pass.

...wow. Was that too long? :unsure:

Basics:

Late 20's

Gemini

Female

Bisexual

Non-religious

My MTBI type is INFP.

I'm introverted (and very shy until you know me), idealistic, curious, creative, and a non-stop daydreamer. I tend to be torn between hopeless romanticism and cynical realism, with a sarcastic streak and a love of puns. I have an Associate degree in Graphic Design and a penchant for singing, though my voice is very rusty. I have ADHD, which shows in my tendency to get sidetracked and bored very easily. I have trouble functioning without listening to music (very eclectic tastes), and I'm the kind of person who'll carry 2 paperbacks and an mp3 player in her purse at all times, but sometimes forgets to pack her cell phone or wallet.

I like reading non-fiction and well as fiction. I've loved Greek mythology since childhood, and Shakespeare since adolescence. (A Midsummer Night's Dream is my fav play.) In terms of fiction, my poison tends to be Fantasy/Sci-Fi, horror, poetry, and historical fiction (esp. lady-centric historical fiction). In terms of non-fiction; lots of history, politics, feminism, and art/design books, with some psychology thrown in here and there. I'm also unabashedly fangirly - my fandoms of choice at the moment are Doctor Who and Marvel Comics/MCU.

For all that I like history and old/classic things, I definitely don't feel like I was born in the wrong era. I'm quite fond of technology, indoor plumbing, modern medicine, and having the right to vote. ;)

My fashion sense is...whatever I can afford that doesn't look too horrible. I wear lots of black, though less because I'm partial to the color and more because it's versatile and can go with anything. On my very limited budget, mixing and matching is a requirement. I prefer wearing solid colors to prints, and at least 75% of my shirts are blue, though my all-time favorite color is purple. I don't like wearing things with logos.

I hate makeup and don't do much with my hair; just wash it, condition it, and brush it. When I get really wild, I may pull it back in a ponytail at the nape of my neck. I also don't wear jewelry very often - I tend to feel like it's wearing me, in a weird way. I do, however, paint my nails periodically - I generally prefer blues and purples when it comes to the colors I pick.

In short, my style is the essence of Plain Jane. Partly for financial reasons, and partly because I just don't like being very fussy about it.

As for the negatives...I'm brutally self-critical and prone to depression and anxiety, but not one who romanticizes it. I'm no Jaques - when I'm depressed, I'm miserable and constantly looking for things to either distract me from it or help me feel better. I don't relish melancholia. I have trouble adapting to big changes and, as contradictory as it may sound, I tend to have difficulty keeping any sort of routine. I don't usually take criticism well - I don't necessarily lash out at the person criticizing me, I just tend to internalize it and use it as one more reason to beat myself up. There are times when my habitual day-dreaming will bite back; I'll obsess over worst-case scenarios until I give myself a panic attack sometimes. I over-think everything.

My fav scents generally tend to be florals and aquatics. Patchouli literally makes me ill. Very earthy scents usually leave me feeling like I'm suffocating, and I tend to not like smelling like food, though fruity florals will sometimes get a pass.

Not too long at all, IMO. It's a great write-up, in fact! Lots to work with...here are my recs:

For your creative side,

Muse

A light, invigorating floral and citrus blend. Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime.

For your love of mythology and dualistic nature,

Persephone

Beautiful, radiant daughter of Demeter... her loveliness was so exquisite that even Hell itself could not resist her. Pomegranate and rose.

For your Shakespeare-loving, deep thought-having side,

Ophelia

Wistful and vulnerable: lotus, water blossom ivy, stargazer lily and white rose.

For your curious daydreamer side,

Pandy

Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper.

For your modern woman side,

Jezebel

Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today's upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

And just because I have a hunch,

Love-In-Idleness

Yet mark'd I where the bolt of Cupid fell:

It fell upon a little western flower,

Before, milk-white, now purple with love's wound,

And maidens call it love-in-idleness.

I think these two got skipped over, so here are my thoughts for these lovely individuals:

I absolutely love dark, mysterious, and otherwise otherworldy scents, and I suppose I could be called a dark, etc. person. It wouldn't work for me as a personal scent, but I was deeply attracted to the rose/licorice type scent from Sleep No More is most of the rooms that seemed to fit that.

La Mort - Pomegranate accord, red rose accord, opopponax, benzoin, champaca flowers, and star anise.

I think this would be perfect for you. It's a dark and moody rose with incense and juicy pomegranate backing it. The anise gives a licorice vibe, too. It seems to match your dark yet bohemian personality.

I'd also recommend:

The Cat - Sleek, black, dark, and clever: benzoin, honey, cedar, and dark musk.

The Final Darkness - Black amber and shimmering moonflower blackened by opoponax, khus attar, smoked oudh, and myrrh and all swallowed by the fathomless depths of a lightless ocean.

Sheol - Vibrant gladiola, graceful stargazer lily, triumphant iris and bright heliotrope flare, and is finally made somber by heavy copal, a drop of labdanum, and tonka.

Liz - A light, feminine vanilla floral perfume and a swirl of smoke and leather.

Black Rose - Heavy, dark and floral: a blend of roses, with a touch of amber and musk.

Yay for more INTJs!

My first thought was Tristran (Redwood, tonka bean, white sandalwood, lemon peel, patchouli, rosewood, coriander, and crushed mint) because of your adventurous nature coupled with an introverted, sensitive side.

Also check out:

Endymion - A sweet, wistful blend of d'Anjou pear, Lily of the Valley, bois du rose and white musk.

Dee - Soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

Philosopher in Meditation - Smoldering woodfire embers, Galen's Kyphi, and Abramelin incense.

Mr. Ibis - Papyrus, vanilla flower, Egyptian musk, African musk, aloe ferox, white sandalwood.

Eldritch Drunken Constellations - Eucalyptus sap, white tea leaf, and ambergris foam.

Yay for more INTJs!

My first thought was Tristran (Redwood, tonka bean, white sandalwood, lemon peel, patchouli, rosewood, coriander, and crushed mint) because of your adventurous nature coupled with an introverted, sensitive side. 

Thanks so much. I'll be adding these to my wish list (and slipping a bottle of Tristan into my next order) :)

Thanks so much. I'll be adding these to my wish list (and slipping a bottle of Tristan into my next order) :)

My pleasure! I hope you like it - Trist is really beautiful. And enjoy the Ragnarok blends heading your way too. :)

For your creative side,

Muse

A light, invigorating floral and citrus blend. Tuberose, lotus and jasmine with a hint of lime.

For your love of mythology and dualistic nature,

Persephone

Beautiful, radiant daughter of Demeter... her loveliness was so exquisite that even Hell itself could not resist her. Pomegranate and rose.

For your Shakespeare-loving, deep thought-having side,

Ophelia

Wistful and vulnerable: lotus, water blossom ivy, stargazer lily and white rose.

For your curious daydreamer side,

Pandy

Fresh white musk, honeycomb, sweet apricot, elemi, orange blossom, and mischievous pink pepper.

For your modern woman side,

Jezebel

Biblical witch, priestess of Astarte, and general troublemaker. A true role model for today's upwardly mobile Modern Woman. A gloriously decadent blend of honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood.

And just because I have a hunch,

Love-In-Idleness

Yet mark'd I where the bolt of Cupid fell:

It fell upon a little western flower,

Before, milk-white, now purple with love's wound,

And maidens call it love-in-idleness.

Oh man, I nearly cried when Ophelia was discontinued - I love it so much and I only have an imp of it! It's become a Special Occasion scent. Persephone was one that I tried and it unfortunately didn't go so well on my skin.

I'll make a note to check out Love-In-Idleness and Pandy. Muse is already on my future-orders wishlist, this just bumps it up on the priority scale. :biggrin:

I also would like to try this!

Basics:

Zodiac- Gemini

Chinese Zodiac- Ox

I’m very shy, soft-spoken, skittish and avoiding of spotlights. High school is very unpleasant for me because it's basically a social shark tank. I was labeled “Hot” at school due to my looks, but didn’t have a large group of friends due to my aloof-ness and refusal to do drugs (and party). I’m weary of strangers but undyingly loyal to close friends, my boyfriend of 4 ½ years, and family. I’m drawn to herbalism, beekeeping, horseback riding and gardening. I love archery, caring for animals and reading non-fiction novels. I dislike crowds, loud noises, partying and embarrassing memories (whenever I have flashbacks I withdraw into my shell). If I had a choice where I could live, I would live on a foothill in the wilderness. I have a love for coniferous forests.

Scents I like: Realistic Nature smells (looking for a true juniper berry scent), fresh florals, peaches, honeys and red wines

Scents that don't work on me: Cologne-y, artificial-like and aquatic notes.

Basics:

Zodiac- Gemini

Chinese Zodiac- Ox

I’m very shy, soft-spoken, skittish and avoiding of spotlights. High school is very unpleasant for me because it's basically a social shark tank. I was labeled “Hot” at school due to my looks, but didn’t have a large group of friends due to my aloof-ness and refusal to do drugs (and party). I’m weary of strangers but undyingly loyal to close friends, my boyfriend of 4 ½ years, and family. I’m drawn to herbalism, beekeeping, horseback riding and gardening. I love archery, caring for animals and reading non-fiction novels. I dislike crowds, loud noises, partying and embarrassing memories (whenever I have flashbacks I withdraw into my shell). If I had a choice where I could live, I would live on a foothill in the wilderness. I have a love for coniferous forests.

Scents I like: Realistic Nature smells (looking for a true juniper berry scent), fresh florals, peaches, honeys and red wines

Scents that don't work on me: Cologne-y, artificial-like and aquatic notes.

Maybe you would enjoy Elf from the RPG line, for your outdoorsy, and also aloof qualities? Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.

Alice might also work; it has a hint of honey for your love of beekeeping: Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

That's what I thought of off the top of my head :smile:

You sound a lot like me in high school. Hated every moment and was very reserved, though I was also a bit of a rebel. :P Don't worry, once you get out into "the real world" things get infinitely better. You do what you want on your own terms and only have to associate with the people you choose.

Fairy Wine - An ethereal vintage, steeped with dandelion, honey, and red currants.

Antique - Fossilized amber, juniper berry, wild musk, oudh, vetiver, white cedar, black currant, oakmoss, and leather.

Ranger - Untamed wilderness: buckskin accord with Terebinth pine, Russian birch, black ironwood, elder bark, hay, armoise, juniper, patchouli, galangal root, Spanish moss, and cabreuva.

Aglaea - Three golden ambers, bright musk, peach wine and myrtle.

Tamora - Amber, heliotrope, golden sandalwood, peach blossom and vanilla bean.

Silence - White sandalwood, iris, blue musk, lotus root, moonflower, plum blossom, green tea, white mint and white peach.

Jupiterian Phoenix - Sarsaparilla, juniper berries, Himalayan cedar, Terebinth pine, sweet clove, green tea, nutmeg, and hyssop.

Ship of Hel - Black oak and sprucewood with opoponax, myrrh, black ambergris, and the silent ice of Niflheimr.

(I know you said you don't like aquatics but I picked it for the smoothness and peaceful vibe it evokes. It's not salty if that's what bothers you... a beautiful, sweet ice + woods scent.)

You know BPAL also used to have a Juniper Berry SN, but it's very old now.

Maybe you would enjoy Elf from the RPG line, for your outdoorsy, and also aloof qualities? Pale golden musk, honeycomb, amber, parma violet, hawthorne bark, aspen leaf, forest lily, life everlasting, white moss, and a hint of wild berry.

Alice might also work; it has a hint of honey for your love of beekeeping: Milk and honey with rose, carnation and bergamot.

That's what I thought of off the top of my head :smile:

Excellent, I plan of buying imps of both in my next order. Thanks!

Elf sounds divine (honeycomb! :wub2: )

You sound a lot like me in high school. Hated every moment and was very reserved, though I was also a bit of a rebel. :P Don't worry, once you get out into "the real world" things get infinitely better. You do what you want on your own terms and only have to associate with the people you choose.

Fairy Wine - An ethereal vintage, steeped with dandelion, honey, and red currants.

Antique - Fossilized amber, juniper berry, wild musk, oudh, vetiver, white cedar, black currant, oakmoss, and leather.

Ranger - Untamed wilderness: buckskin accord with Terebinth pine, Russian birch, black ironwood, elder bark, hay, armoise, juniper, patchouli, galangal root, Spanish moss, and cabreuva.

Silence - White sandalwood, iris, blue musk, lotus root, moonflower, plum blossom, green tea, white mint and white peach.

Jupiterian Phoenix - Sarsaparilla, juniper berries, Himalayan cedar, Terebinth pine, sweet clove, green tea, nutmeg, and hyssop.

Ship of Hel - Black oak and sprucewood with opoponax, myrrh, black ambergris, and the silent ice of Niflheimr.

(I know you said you don't like aquatics but I picked it for the smoothness and peaceful vibe it evokes. It's not salty if that's what bothers you... a beautiful, sweet ice + woods scent.)

Yea, High school is no walk in the park. I just get told it's simply must be the 'best' years of my life. :rolleyes2: I only have a year and a half to go until freedom! :boogie:

anywho, great recommendations! I kinda overlooked Ship of Hel at first because of the ambergris. Now that I read reviews and heard it was a snowy-pine, I'm definitely interested. The others are on my "to test" list. I'll track down some of the LE ones while I'm at it.

Basics:

Late 20's

Gemini

Female

Nope, not too long.

Here's my list- Alcie, Absinthe, Pele, Fairy Bites, Titania, Lavina the Creature, twinkle twinkle little bat, ultraviolet, the east, kataskopia, Oberon, Thalia, Morgause, the Raven. Also you could try van van and high john the conqueror.

Basically, quirky, fun, spirited florals/herbs with a twist.

Most of Em are GC, hopefully easy to find. Good luck :-)

I want to second Ranger and also add Josie.

Alright, this looks like fun.

Basics:

Gemini

Ox

female

I'm a no-nonsense type of person. I am a t-shirt and jeans girl basically because I like t-shirts and jeans and while I find handsome clothes appealing, I get annoyed at the effort if I try to dress up daily. So things like that are more for special occasions. When dressing up I do have a preference for "handsome" over "pretty" - I'm a lesbian that leans more towards tomboyish, and so I don't own any dresses, I like ties and structured jackets, and I will get emotional about a sharp looking pair of shoes. But what I really like best is a mix of the masculine and the feminine.

I'm very independent, but not out of defiance. I think of independence as a survival skill: the more I can take care of myself, the better I am at getting by in the world. I ask for help when I can and when it doesn't seem like an imposition to do so. But I take pride in doing a lot on my own steam. This doesn't make me a lonely person though. I like to be social, particularly in a setting where I can just talk with people. At a big party, if I find someone I connect with, I'd rather find a place for us to talk than party together. I tend more towards a small group of really close friends rather than a large group of acquaintances. Among my friends, I'm known as someone who is pretty calm and laid back most of the time, who laughs easily and is often happy to go along with the group because what I value most is time spent together. I place an extremely high value on having fun, which probably sounds a bit obvious - who doesn't like fun?? But typically in situations where other people are uncomfortable because a situation is "high drama" or "high stress", my reaction is to say "this was supposed to be fun, and it's not." I'm far quicker to call out a person who is a fun-killer rather than a drama-queen.

I like learning new crafts and almost always have something going on. Right now I'm learning leather working.

I tend to like the masculine scents a lot. Florals make me sneeze. Anything that is heavily incense-like has what I call "the headache note"; self-explanatory. I love tea, love drinking tea so very, very much, and yet I've never found a tea perfume that I like because I think they tend to cross-over with my dislikes too often.

Can't wait to see the recommendations. :)

Hi there, fellow Gemini!

For masculinity and desiring close-knit circle of friends:

Fenris Wolf The raw, untamable power of chaos. Rosewood, amber, red musk and a dribble of red sandalwood. Reviews here

Here's one with similar notes to Dee:

Trevor Bruttenholm: A classic men’s cologne mixed with the scent of old, yellowed books, a splash of bay rum, and summoning incense. Reviews here

This is an iffy one. I heard it's a strong tea blend, but I've never tried it. You might hate the light vanilla though.

Furo: Black tea, bergamot, red patchouli, peru balsam, and bourbon vanilla. Reviews here

The following two I've tried. They were far too masculine for my tastes, so I had to give them to my boyfriend. You might like them however.

Incantation: vetiver, dark woods, crumbling and burnt black sandalwood and a drop of lemon rind. Reviews here

Oblivion: Dark musk, wood spice, labdanum, patchouli, dark African woods, and saffron. Reviews here

For your independent nature:

Rogue: Soft, well-worn black leather, hemp, and rosin. <- a really nice leather blend

Reviews here

The White Rider: White leather and sandalwood Reviews here

There are tons more and I will probably update later. I hope you find what you're looking for! :)

For your independent nature:

Rogue: Soft, well-worn black leather, hemp, and rosin. <- a really nice leather blend

Reviews here

I agree with the recommendation for Rogue. You might also like White Rabbit and Dorian for tea scents.

For your fun loving nature, you might like some of the rum-based scents. :) Of the ones that I've tried, Baron Samedi has the most masculine feel to it. Santo Domingo can also be a fairly masculine scent. I hope that these are along the vein of what your looking for. :)

Interesting recommendations!

I'm actually wearing Fenris Wolf right now. I love it.

Rogue has been recommended to me many times. I tried it at DragonCon, and did not like it. I'm beginning to think I may need an imp so that I can spend time with it, since it's been recommended so much. I've also tried Dorian and didn't care for it, but I gave away my imp of it and so I can't smell it now to remember what I didn't like.

All the rest of these, I'm adding to my "to try" list. Trevor Bruttenholm has been recommended to me so much at this point, that I am beginning to really wish it were imp-able. Furo sounds interesting. I've never really tried a perfume with vanilla in it, so I'm not sure how I will react to it.

All the rest of these, I'm adding to my "to try" list. Trevor Bruttenholm has been recommended to me so much at this point, that I am beginning to really wish it were imp-able. Furo sounds interesting. I've never really tried a perfume with vanilla in it, so I'm not sure how I will react to it.

I don't know... not to dismiss the other recommendations, but you say you don't like incense much so I'm not sure Trevor would be the best fit. As for Rogue, it is indeed rather sweet and smooth to me. I would see/smell you wearing something more neutral versus sugary. Maybe:

Captain Cully - A cocky light musk with leather, tonka, a dusting of dry woods, and a splash of porter.

Cully was nearly single note leather on me, but with a brightness/fun vibe from the porter. Red Rider, Fighter, Macbeth and the Witches and In His Hands All Thy Cruelties Thrive are all strong, non-flouncy leathers as well. For your tea fix, perhaps Koito and Sashichi. It was straight up green tea on me and not cutesy. At best you'll get some of the nice (non-sweet) resin and tobacco as well.

Koito and Sashichi - Green tea, tobacco absolute, and agarwood.

A lot of the recent Ragnarok scents are pretty gender neutral.

Managarm's Bloody Jaws - Ironwood needles and blood-matted fur. (Fierce but friendly.)

Sword of Surtur - Red-hot ginger, fossilized amber, prickly poppy, red cedar, cubeb, star anise, and scorpion pepper. (For as spicy as this sounds I think the metal grounds it and makes it a good match for someone with a stable, confident personality like yourself.)

The Rending of the Rock - The tattered remains of Gelgja, smashed stone, feral grey musk, and blackened blood. (Sounds scary but I swear it's not. Do you know if you like vetiver? It's always been a very empowering note to me.)

If you want to give something a bit sweeter a go you can do that without subjecting yourself to florals/incense:

Wulric, the Wolfman - Cocoa absolute, French vanilla, birch tar, lavender, bourbon vetiver, wild musk, clary sage, and cistus.

Luperci - Raw, down and dirty patchouli, Gurjam balsam, and essence of Sampson Root sweetened with the heightened sexuality of beeswax, virile juniper, oakmoss, ambrette seed over honey and East African musk. (I think this would be really good for you, for whatever reason. It has an understated sexiness but also feels laid-back to me.)

Kagema - Himalayan cedar, rum absolute, bay leaf, teakwood, orange peel, wooly thyme, and tobacco absolute. (This is one of my personal favorite guy-ish scents. It definitely has a charisma about it.)

Mr. Ibis - Papyrus, vanilla flower, Egyptian musk, African musk, aloe ferox, white sandalwood. (A super calming, clean but slightly sweet blend. Another favorite, would match your "chill" vibe.)

Galvanic Goggles - Metallic notes with Indian musk, tobacco flower, and African balsam. (Depends on whether you like musk or not, but this is frequently cited as favorite for anyone who likes powerful, unisex blends.)

I'd like to try this :D

For those of you interested in the sort of thing, I'm a Capricorn, and a Tiger in the Chinese Zodiac.

I'm 27 and majoring in Japanese Studies, although my dream is to work in a museum restoring cultural artifacts. I'm a bit of a nerd about historical and old things and have a weakness for the great Asian empires of old. I also like anything sciencey and try to keep myself updated on new discoveries and so on.

I enjoy reading, but unfortunately I don't get to very often at the moment. My favorite author is Neil Gaiman, and I mostly read books in the fantastical genres. The same thing goes for movies, although I enjoy all genres. I also enjoy creative things like sewing and painting. I have a totally overactive imagination and dream a lot, too - usually extremely vivid and interesting plot-wise, never really about things from my own life, for some reason...

I generally prefer a cosy day at home with a pot of steaming tea to partying, and I feel uncomfortable around too many people I don't know. I have a small network, but I treasure the few close friends I have with all my heart and feel lucky to know them.

I tend to be drawn towards silly or cute things for some reason. I suppose a life philosophy of mine would be that there's no need to make already mundane things even more boring - so I always get brightly colored and silly kitchenware and things like that! My love of cuteness and silliness is also a way to combat the prominent melancholy streak to my character. I think deeply about a lot of things, and that tends to make me sad a lot of the time. So in some ways I'm a bit more childish than other people my age, in other ways I'm a bit "older".

My looks: I'm 170 cm tall, somewhat chubby, shoulder-length medium blonde hair and blue-green eyes and prominent red glasses. I never wear makeup (I can't be bothered, honestly) or do much about my hair, but I like making an effort with pretty accessories and jewelry, and of course scent! I prefer wearing dresses most of the time.

I guess that's about it (I hope it's not too long :eek: ). I'm looking forward to hearing your recommendations for me! :D

I also have an imp of Red Rider right now, love it. Galvanic Goggles is the scent that I think of as my primary scent - I stop noticing it when I wear it, but others do and I get really good reactions from it. My best friend once told me she didn't realize that was perfume - she said "I just thought you smelled really good, like that's just how you smell." So I started thinking of it as the scent that is the most "me".

I know I've tried both Ibis and Jaquel, and I can't remember which one I liked better. I seriously need to sample those again and figure it out.

It's nice to see that based on my personality, people are naturally coming up with fragrances I already like a lot. I guess that's part of what I love about BPAL - it does feel like self-expression more than any other perfumes I've ever tried. That makes me feel hopeful about these recommendations as well, that it's naturally bringing up stuff I already love. :D