Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

This looks like fun!

I'm in my mid-twenties and your typical Aries girl. I'm petite with a classic/simple style... I love wearing blue and grey but I also love pastels. I love to travel (especially hot destinations). I have a weak spot for cupcakes, cakes... well, basically anything sweet! My ideal day would consist of staying home, in my pjs, cuddling with my three cats, watching movies all day, and eating all the yummy food my heart desires. Ummmm, that's basically me, in a nut shell :)

Dorian and Miskatonic University come to mind. The two 'weenies I have (Pumpkin V '08 and Devil's Night '09) are also really foody, warm, and unpretentious, but I'm not sure how easy those would be to track down.

This looks like fun!

I'm in my mid-twenties and your typical Aries girl. I'm petite with a classic/simple style... I love wearing blue and grey but I also love pastels. I love to travel (especially hot destinations). I have a weak spot for cupcakes, cakes... well, basically anything sweet! My ideal day would consist of staying home, in my pjs, cuddling with my three cats, watching movies all day, and eating all the yummy food my heart desires. Ummmm, that's basically me, in a nut shell :)

Maybe Morocco? (Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.) Snuggly but with a touch of foreign climes.

Dorian and Miskatonic University come to mind. The two 'weenies I have (Pumpkin V '08 and Devil's Night '09) are also really foody, warm, and unpretentious, but I'm not sure how easy those would be to track down.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! Dorian was probably one of the first scents that caught my eye and I actually have an imp on its way already! I also have Miskatonic U lined up for my next lab order :D I'm going to have to read up on those 'weenies!

Maybe Morocco? (Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.) Snuggly but with a touch of foreign climes.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll for sure add Morocco to my imp pack in my next lab order :)

This looks like fun!

I agree! Totally Dorian!

I wouldn't mind a recommendation. I am almost 27, petite (4 ft 9 in), have curly chestnut hair and dark brown eyes. For the most part I am fairly shy, but I have a quirky personality. I am an English major. There are so many books I want to read, but I have no time. My favorite movies are Dead Poets Society and The Producers (1968). I love classic rock, especially The Beatles, Queen, and Pink Floyd. My current favorite TV shows are Doctor Who, Sherlock, Downton Abbey, and Sailor Moon (in Japanese, not the dubbed version). Also, I like to make things (resin jewelry, solid perfume, I'm currently knitting a scarf). I am fascinated by both funny and unusual things. I am a fan of Adagio teas, Cara McGee's signature blends in particular. Thanks in advance!

Edited by January Garnet

I wouldn't mind a recommendation. I am almost 27, petite (4 ft 9 in), have curly chestnut hair and dark brown eyes. For the most part I am fairly shy, but I have a quirky personality. I am an English major. There are so many books I want to read, but I have no time. My favorite movies are Dead Poets Society and The Producers (1968). I love classic rock, especially The Beatles, Queen, and Pink Floyd. My current favorite TV shows are Doctor Who, Sherlock, Downton Abbey, and Sailor Moon (in Japanese, not the dubbed version). Also, I like to make things (resin jewelry, solid perfume, I'm currently knitting a scarf). I am fascinated by both funny and unusual things. I am a fan of Adagio teas, Cara McGee's signature blends in particular. Thanks in advance!

Misk U is the usual recommendation for English majors/book lovers, but somehow it doesn't feel right for you. I'm going to recommend two that combine "books" with "classic rock" instead: The Book from the ParaNorman collection, which is old books and leather, and Trevor Bruttenholm from the Hellboy collection, which is old books, bay rum, and incense.

I'd also recommend two tea scents, Embalming Fluid, which reminds me of what Sherlock would smell like while on the job (aka while not "between jobs," unbathed, and intoxicated) and Dorian, which combines your love of tea, your love of books, and your love of British things.

Misk U is the usual recommendation for English majors/book lovers, but somehow it doesn't feel right for you. I'm going to recommend two that combine "books" with "classic rock" instead: The Book from the ParaNorman collection, which is old books and leather, and Trevor Bruttenholm from the Hellboy collection, which is old books, bay rum, and incense.

I'd also recommend two tea scents, Embalming Fluid, which reminds me of what Sherlock would smell like while on the job (aka while not "between jobs," unbathed, and intoxicated) and Dorian, which combines your love of tea, your love of books, and your love of British things.

Thank you! :D I love Dorian, but I'll have to try some of those others.

I wanna try this, but I want to leave out what i think my favorite smells are and see if I can get some ideas based soley on my personality:)

I am 36, TOTAL hippie! Crazy dreads with bright colorful wool extenstions added in, peacock feather and bells all over, tattoo'd with fairies and goddess. I am a witch who travels across the country teaching magic and attending rituals. I am super voluptuouse (code word for fat;) but I like to show off my figure and boobs. Crazy bright clothes, lots of scarves, glitter is my favorite drug. Love to dance to crazy sanskrit music, burn incense. Like to pretend I am sexy even though I am more of a shy prude! My daily job is to make my crazy wool dreads and sell them on-line.

I have three kids and a husband. I call myself a pirate, work magic in a group of pirate pagans. My nickname is bird cause I am the singer and 3 cd's out. My husbands name is wolf cause he growls, bites and pees to mark terratory, but he backs down at the sight of his chubby little bird:)

I never wear pants, only long flowy dresses or skirts, pirate garb, corsets, and usually grab attention once I enter a room. I smile a lot and am nto afraid to look like a dork!

what should I wear!!???!!

I didn't mean to skip you! I just don't usually look at incensey scents and didn't know good my recommendations would be, but I don't want you to get overlooked. So let me try this anyway.

If you don't already have Anne Bonny, I'd be shocked, but I have to recommend it. It's named for a pirate and generally agreed to be one of the most incense-heavy, hippie scents BPAL makes. I'm also going to recommend Urd for the hippie/incense-y nag champa and patchouli. Finally, Port Royal again for pirateyness but also for your love of traveling.

I want to try this thread again, because I believe my personality is changing from two years ago when I posted. I'm now 31, incredibly in love :wub2: , beginning a career in the non-profit sector (HIV/AIDS and environmentalism). I have been feeling the more feminine side of my personality lately, focusing on my family, and being in the outdoors. I have strong beliefs, but have been moving away from conflict towards a quieter, more introvertive, meditative state. I write fiction/fantasy, and I still am obsessed with Stevie Nicks. I am a practicing eclectic Wiccan. I love my garden and surrounding myself with flowers, and organic vegetables. I love purples and greens. I love fantasy realms, unicorns, fairies, mermaids. Sometimes I'm dreamy and sort of out there. I'm fine with that. That's me, in a nutshell.

I am reposting this because my personality sort of changed after people did this for me the first time back in like 2010. Then the second time, I was skipped- just curious for opinions. I forgot to add that I do have a fiery streak. It's quite calmed now, but it's there.

Ella LaRose- fairy market is screaming at me to you. If you can find it. Good luck!

Lurid library!!!

oh, can I play? I'm 30. I am an actor/comedian, classic ENFP, and more than a little scatterbrained. I am hispanic, but not the sort of stereotypical curves and feisty temper kind - I'm more the chubby, vaguely hipster, self conscious type. .I wish I was better at making things with my hands. I used to WANT to want to be a florist if that makes any sense - as I've gotten older I realized that I will never want to be a sex kitten or a delicate lady enough to actually BE one of them. I can't buy a book on a weeknight because I will stay up to finish it, often baking a pie because the the description of some food made me ache to find out what it tasted like (I'm looking at you Harry Potter treacle tart!)and I think there are very few things more satisfying than a good, solid, leap of faith.

Perhaps Hetairae? The description of beautiful, independent, witty, and worldly seemed fitting to me. The scent is feminine, but also earthy and has that little spark from the ylang ylang.

I want to try this thread again, because I believe my personality is changing from two years ago when I posted. I'm now 31, incredibly in love :wub2: , beginning a career in the non-profit sector (HIV/AIDS and environmentalism). I have been feeling the more feminine side of my personality lately, focusing on my family, and being in the outdoors. I have strong beliefs, but have been moving away from conflict towards a quieter, more introvertive, meditative state. I write fiction/fantasy, and I still am obsessed with Stevie Nicks. I am a practicing eclectic Wiccan. I love my garden and surrounding myself with flowers, and organic vegetables. I love purples and greens. I love fantasy realms, unicorns, fairies, mermaids. Sometimes I'm dreamy and sort of out there. I'm fine with that. That's me, in a nutshell.

I am reposting this because my personality sort of changed after people did this for me the first time back in like 2010. Then the second time, I was skipped- just curious for opinions. I forgot to add that I do have a fiery streak. It's quite calmed now, but it's there.

*snip*

For your environmentalism, love of the outdoors, garden, Wicca, and the color green, I'm thinking Strangler Fig. I'm also thinking Norman for the "pine needles and ectoplasm," a combination of earthy and fantasy, and I can't resist recommending Druid. Finally, Frumious Bandersnatch, a fantasy creature that smells like fruit and flowers.

oh, can I play? I'm 30. I am an actor/comedian, classic ENFP, and more than a little scatterbrained. I am hispanic, but not the sort of stereotypical curves and feisty temper kind - I'm more the chubby, vaguely hipster, self conscious type. .I wish I was better at making things with my hands. I used to WANT to want to be a florist if that makes any sense - as I've gotten older I realized that I will never want to be a sex kitten or a delicate lady enough to actually BE one of them. I can't buy a book on a weeknight because I will stay up to finish it, often baking a pie because the the description of some food made me ache to find out what it tasted like (I'm looking at you Harry Potter treacle tart!)and I think there are very few things more satisfying than a good, solid, leap of faith.

Miskatonic University is screaming your name. Ulalume and Grief are supposed to smell like flower shops, so you can at least smell like a florist, even if you don't actually want to be one. I'm also recommending Rose Cross and Hymn because I found your statement about leaps of faith to be compelling and had to try to find something for that.

Miskatonic University is screaming your name. Ulalume and Grief are supposed to smell like flower shops, so you can at least smell like a florist, even if you don't actually want to be one. I'm also recommending Rose Cross and Hymn because I found your statement about leaps of faith to be compelling and had to try to find something for that.

oh WOW.Well. I am buying a ton of imps, I guess. these all sound fantastic, but miskatonic university and I were clearly meant to be. thank you thank you thank you!!

MountainGirl - that may be the nicest thing anyone's said to me :). It's in the basket! I'll keep y'all updated!

I'm looking at a morpher perfume for you since you seem to defy categorization. This is a good thing :)

Dee, Machu Picchu, Eat Me and possibly Juliet are speaking to me for you. As far as limited editions- maybe Loi Krathong?

Hello. I'm new and looking at getting my first batch of IMP EARS; there are so many intriguing scents, I don't know which to choose! I'm game for suggestions. So, here's a little bit about me:

I'm a 27-year-old girl. I'm an Aries. I'm an actor, frequently told that I am the Katharine Hepburn, Ellen Page, and Kate Winslet "type," so I must give of a strong, intelligent, and independent vibe (at least, that's what I get from the three of them).

I love all things Tinkerbell, because she is feisty, passionate, loyal, mischievous, and energetic... my friends say those are all pretty good descriptors for me, so it makes sense that I would like her.

I'm an animal lover, and I love running around and playing with my dogs. I live next to a national forest and love to go for long walks out on the trails in the woods. I love being active, I do yoga and dance, and I'm trying to teach myself Parkour/Free Running.

I'm not good at sitting still for long, but I do enjoy reading (mostly urban fantasy, science fiction, and high fantasy), playing video games (I like Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect), and watching movies. I tend to use the "pause" button a lot, though. A few favorite television shows are Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Once Upon a Time (I totally stalk the "Captain Hook" tag on TUMBLR, that pirate is dangerously sexy).

I write stories and plays, I make quilts by hand, I restore old furniture, I design sets and costumes for stage plays, I love all kinds of music; I'm very creative in general.

I want to live a life full of love, adventure, laughter, and art.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So... whaddya think I should try? :-)

Hi :)

I am a 35yo Irish/Italian mix with dark almost black hair, bright bluish green eyes, slightly olive complexion, 5'7, slender and athletic. I am an Aries with all the characteristics that goes with that sign, and a Snake on the Chinese Zodiac.

I have a lot of tattoos, several piercings, and my style is tomboy mixed with eclectic pieces and a slightly military vibe.

I am outspoken, independent, and very giving to those I love .

I box, bellydance, ride horses, motorcycles and love adrenaline rushes.

I have chosen a very unconventional path in love, being deeply involved in a relationship with a polyamorous married man. I love him very much, and the road has been a rough one to walk at times, but I am willing to bear up under almost anything for someone I love.

I love kids, and animals.

I pretty much will do the opposite of what people want of me, if for no other reason then to be obstinate.

What da ya thunk?

I am a 35yo Irish/Italian mix with dark almost black hair, bright bluish green eyes, slightly olive complexion, 5'7, slender and athletic. I am an Aries with all the characteristics that goes with that sign, and a Snake on the Chinese Zodiac.

I have a lot of tattoos, several piercings, and my style is tomboy mixed with eclectic pieces and a slightly military vibe.

I have chosen a very unconventional path in love, being deeply involved in a relationship with a polyamorous married man. I love him very much, and the road has been a rough one to walk at times, but I am willing to bear up under almost anything for someone I love.

I pretty much will do the opposite of what people want of me, if for no other reason then to be obstinate.

What da ya thunk?

My suggestions for you are snake oil and lunar phoenix. Oh wait, I see you already like snake oil!! Umm Churchyard would be another suggestion for you.

Edited by DJ Sin

Hello. I'm new and looking at getting my first batch of IMP EARS; there are so many intriguing scents, I don't know which to choose! I'm game for suggestions. So, here's a little bit about me:

I'm a 27-year-old girl. I'm an Aries. I'm an actor, frequently told that I am the Katharine Hepburn, Ellen Page, and Kate Winslet "type," so I must give of a strong, intelligent, and independent vibe (at least, that's what I get from the three of them).

I love all things Tinkerbell, because she is feisty, passionate, loyal, mischievous, and energetic... my friends say those are all pretty good descriptors for me, so it makes sense that I would like her.

I'm an animal lover, and I love running around and playing with my dogs. I live next to a national forest and love to go for long walks out on the trails in the woods. I love being active, I do yoga and dance, and I'm trying to teach myself Parkour/Free Running.

I'm not good at sitting still for long, but I do enjoy reading (mostly urban fantasy, science fiction, and high fantasy), playing video games (I like Dragon Age, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect), and watching movies. I tend to use the "pause" button a lot, though. A few favorite television shows are Doctor Who, Sherlock, and Once Upon a Time (I totally stalk the "Captain Hook" tag on TUMBLR, that pirate is dangerously sexy).

I write stories and plays, I make quilts by hand, I restore old furniture, I design sets and costumes for stage plays, I love all kinds of music; I'm very creative in general.

I want to live a life full of love, adventure, laughter, and art.

------------------------------------------------------------------

So... whaddya think I should try? :-)

I'm only recommending GC scents because those are the only ones you can get in imps. :)

• Queen is strong, independent, and feminine. It's recommended for wear on stage.
  • Anne Bonny is a female pirate. She's got the above qualities, is also recommended for wear on the stage, and speaks to your love of Captain Hook.
  • Speaking of which, the Black Rider is a character similar to Captain Hook, so he might catch your fancy.
  • Then there's Calico Jack, who pretty much is Captain Hook.
  • The Witch's Garden combines your love of the outdoors with your love of fantasy.
  • I'm trying to resist recommending it because it's so common, but it's so common because it's so well-loved, so ... Dorian somehow reminds me of both Sherlock and the Doctor. Maybe it's because they're all British?
  • Belle Epoque is also calling your name. I tried to think of a Tinkerbell scent, and that's what came to me. It's decadent, feminine, stubborn, and a little bit spoiled. It's also the scent of a highly creative era, so it seems perfect.

What da ya thunk?

Let's see ...

(For some reason the list tag is not working but I'm just going to leave it there.

Edited by Jazzi

I'm only recommending GC scents because those are the only ones you can get in imps. :)

• Queen is strong, independent, and feminine. It's recommended for wear on stage.
  • Anne Bonny is a female pirate. She's got the above qualities, is also recommended for wear on the stage, and speaks to your love of Captain Hook.
  • Speaking of which, the Black Rider is a character similar to Captain Hook, so he might catch your fancy.
  • Then there's Calico Jack, who pretty much is Captain Hook.
  • The Witch's Garden combines your love of the outdoors with your love of fantasy.
  • I'm trying to resist recommending it because it's so common, but it's so common because it's so well-loved, so ... Dorian somehow reminds me of both Sherlock and the Doctor. Maybe it's because they're all British?
  • Belle Epoque is also calling your name. I tried to think of a Tinkerbell scent, and that's what came to me. It's decadent, feminine, stubborn, and a little bit spoiled. It's also the scent of a highly creative era, so it seems perfect.

Thanks! I'll take a look. :-)

I've been wanting to do this for a while! I'm curious to see what you all will come up with for me. :D

I'm a nearly 22 year old classic goth. My entire closet is a wall of black. My styles vary within though. I alternate from gothabilly to Victorian influenced goth and a more hard edged grunge goth. As long as its macabre though, I'm all over it. My home looks like a headshop, and most of the time smells like it too. My fiancé and I have a fabulous collection of taxidermy, bones, masks and artifacts from around the world and tons of candles everywhere. I practice paganism, though I'm not very strict with ritual. I identify with it and have adapted many aspects into my life. I find it calming.

I am Romani by blood, which I find actually gives me stronger sense of site and ritualistic power. Some people would say that is BS but my family swears by it. My grandmother's site was very strong-- she had crazy visions.

I am a lover of fine arts and classic art. On my freetime I do a lot of painting and odd mixed media pieces. Im hoping to have a show sometime soon. I spend a lot of time at museums drawing and exploring. As I said before I love all things macabre and Victorian, my aesteatics definitely lean heavily on those categories. However I'm also a huge nerd. I love Doctor Who, and work with MayFaire Moon corsets and costumes to make the TARDIS corset. I work with electronics and boobs at my job. It's pretty awesome. My actual job title is Mad Scientist because we're crazy people and do innovative things with clothing, electronics and props. Aside from Doctor Who, I love Star Wars and Star Trek -- yes, there can be peace between the franchises! Also the lesser known Farscape. I play a ton of videogames too. I have two ceiling high bookcases filled with them. In my younger years I was really into anime and manga.

I do love a good book though, modern media hasn't wasted my mind. I enjoy classics like Jane Austin and Bram Stoker, and the odd well written and quirky modern published books like Neil Gaimans works or The Girl Who Circumvented Fairyland.

I am currently in school part time while I work, studying product design. I started school in mechanical engineering building robots, and changed into product design. I got to keep my robotics concentration, so I hope to some day beable to work on prosthetics and help design them to be as human like and elegant a replacement as possible.

I'm loud and strong willed. Nothing keeps me from speaking my mind unless I know the situation is truly inappropriate. I will gladly talk back to one of my professors or my boss -- I won't take something sitting down. It has definitely gotten me in trouble but it has always been worth it. I'm also very snarky, sarcastic, extremely intuitive, and strong willed. I have been described as a Japanese Daruma Doll or a Phoenix, because you can knock me down but I will always get back up and rise from the ashes.

That's a very rough part of my life. I have a very rare brain disorder that looks like migraines strokes and seizures, but isn't. No one knows how to treat it, only try to give me maintenance with numerous meds. I had to leave school for a year, and the years previously I struggled through many of the semesters, but still pulled through at the top of my classes even when I was failing and in and out of hospitals earlier in the semester. I'm very proud of my strength and tenacity. It's what I do best; keep on going and never give up.

My favorite scents are: smiling spider, black lace, crypt queen, Dorian, Witch Dance, Harvest moon, lady lillith, sleepy moon.

I live dark woods, incense, wine, clove, lavender i gravitate towards blends that are dark and sexy-- things that require blood red lipstick and smoky makeup. I do like some sweet perfumes too, but rarely foodie, so I'm open to suggestions. I can't do white florals. Rose does work, it depends on the blend.

I've been wanting to do this for a while! I'm curious to see what you all will come up with for me. :D

I'm a nearly 22 year old classic goth. My entire closet is a wall of black. My styles vary within though. I alternate from gothabilly to Victorian influenced goth and a more hard edged grunge goth. As long as its macabre though, I'm all over it. My home looks like a headshop, and most of the time smells like it too. My fiancé and I have a fabulous collection of taxidermy, bones, masks and artifacts from around the world and tons of candles everywhere. I practice paganism, though I'm not very strict with ritual. I identify with it and have adapted many aspects into my life. I find it calming.

I am Romani by blood, which I find actually gives me stronger sense of site and ritualistic power. Some people would say that is BS but my family swears by it. My grandmother's site was very strong-- she had crazy visions.

I am a lover of fine arts and classic art. On my freetime I do a lot of painting and odd mixed media pieces. Im hoping to have a show sometime soon. I spend a lot of time at museums drawing and exploring. As I said before I love all things macabre and Victorian, my aesteatics definitely lean heavily on those categories. However I'm also a huge nerd. I love Doctor Who, and work with MayFaire Moon corsets and costumes to make the TARDIS corset. I work with electronics and boobs at my job. It's pretty awesome. My actual job title is Mad Scientist because we're crazy people and do innovative things with clothing, electronics and props. Aside from Doctor Who, I love Star Wars and Star Trek -- yes, there can be peace between the franchises! Also the lesser known Farscape. I play a ton of videogames too. I have two ceiling high bookcases filled with them. In my younger years I was really into anime and manga.

I do love a good book though, modern media hasn't wasted my mind. I enjoy classics like Jane Austin and Bram Stoker, and the odd well written and quirky modern published books like Neil Gaimans works or The Girl Who Circumvented Fairyland.

I am currently in school part time while I work, studying product design. I started school in mechanical engineering building robots, and changed into product design. I got to keep my robotics concentration, so I hope to some day beable to work on prosthetics and help design them to be as human like and elegant a replacement as possible.

I'm loud and strong willed. Nothing keeps me from speaking my mind unless I know the situation is truly inappropriate. I will gladly talk back to one of my professors or my boss -- I won't take something sitting down. It has definitely gotten me in trouble but it has always been worth it. I'm also very snarky, sarcastic, extremely intuitive, and strong willed. I have been described as a Japanese Daruma Doll or a Phoenix, because you can knock me down but I will always get back up and rise from the ashes.

That's a very rough part of my life. I have a very rare brain disorder that looks like migraines strokes and seizures, but isn't. No one knows how to treat it, only try to give me maintenance with numerous meds. I had to leave school for a year, and the years previously I struggled through many of the semesters, but still pulled through at the top of my classes even when I was failing and in and out of hospitals earlier in the semester. I'm very proud of my strength and tenacity. It's what I do best; keep on going and never give up.

My favorite scents are: smiling spider, black lace, crypt queen, Dorian, Witch Dance, Harvest moon, lady lillith, sleepy moon.

I live dark woods, incense, wine, clove, lavender i gravitate towards blends that are dark and sexy-- things that require blood red lipstick and smoky makeup. I do like some sweet perfumes too, but rarely foodie, so I'm open to suggestions. I can't do white florals. Rose does work, it depends on the blend.

My first thought was Anne Bonny. Wild, assertive and a real strong female power scent. Because of your classic goth influence however, Mourning Lace? Maybe Mad Sweeney might be a good one- although it's a kick of whisky, it's another really strong power scent.

My first thought was Anne Bonny. Wild, assertive and a real strong female power scent. Because of your classic goth influence however, Mourning Lace? Maybe Mad Sweeney might be a good one- although it's a kick of whisky, it's another really strong power scent.

Ooh! Anne Bony sounds delicious. Beautiful resins! That's definitely going on my list. Mourning lace I've been meaning to grab for a while-- I've heard it smells like clove cigs. Mmm. I do like woods, but I don't eallybwantbto smell like a whiskey barrel :lol:

Thanks for the recs! I would love to see if anyone else has some for me :)

I don't know if we are all allowed to suggest scents? :) I just saw your post and it caught my eye. Waves from Norway. I also have a closet that is a wall of black :) anyway, this is just my opinion:

I think Raven Moon is very goth to me! I just got a decant and adore it. I would also suggest Black Lace! One of my faves, and I think maybe you'd like it. Another one that I'm thinking for you is Blood Countess.

Edit to say: Ahh, I see you like Black lace hehe. Well, I stand by the other two :)

Edited by Nemi