Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

I was hoping someone could recommend a scent for me, I'm rather new at this, don'tcha know. I would describe myself as odd. I'm looking at majoring in math (previously engineering), however I want to be a librarian. As you could probably guess from my handle, I knit and believe in fairies. I want to be seen as... lady-like, almost, but with more bite. I'm comparatively innocent; by that I mean sex is not the first thing that springs to mind during conversation, not that I am unaware of the ways of the world. Something that can be elegant, yet playful. Like a cat, or some of the older fairy tales.

Thank you for your time!

For some reason I thought of La Belle au Bois Dormant first. Not sure is the spelling is right, but it's a rather lovely pear. Lyoness is a lady-like but lovely vanilla, sandalwood scent. If you want something with a little more kick, you could try Liz.

This is such a cool thread! I'm a n00b, so I can't offer any recommendations yet. But perhaps you guys can help me select the final 2 of my first 6 imp selections.

Let's see...

I'm a Pisces and I work in a vaguely-creative corporate job that sounds more exciting than it is. My personality tends to change in response to my environment and the people in it, but mostly I tend to get pegged as an old soul. My main passion is life is art - everything from doodling anime characters to realistic oil paintings. Most of my artwork features females in one way or another and I would describe my style as neo-art nouveau. I'm a bit of a dabbler when it comes to my other interests, which include writing, belly dancing, and watching sci-fi. I am constantly starting creative projects and rarely finishing them. I love playing pen&paper rpgs when I have the time. I'm married to a hard-to-peg-down gamer/mechanic who doesn't drink and believes he was a wolf in his past life. I love to cook and enjoy sushi and dark liquors. My favorite season is the fall.

Aesthetically, I am a pale, glasz-eyed (changes between blue, grey and green) gal with straight black hair. I am curvier than I realize. I tend to favor darker colors like deep purples, reds, and peacock feather colors, but I also have a soft spot for iridescents like opals and moonstones.

If you can stand coconut (I think it has it) there's Black Opal. Maybe one of the Salons or traveling Salons would suit you? I'm not terribly familiar with them. I'm also tempted to recommend Prague based only on your eye color, ha. Shanghai goes well with sushi too.

Hi everyone, I'm new here. So excited to have discovered BPAL, but a little overwhelmed, as it all sounds so wonderful. Trying to find a "signature scent" and any recomendations would be most appreciated. Okay, a bit about me... I have a bachelors degree in film and comparative literature and am now getting my masters in acupuncture and chinese medicine. Love history and all things related to the past. Obsessed with Hitchcock, Luis Bunuel, Maya Deren, Chinese cinema, classic hollywood cinema, old hollywood in general. Obsessed with all things spiritual and metaphysical, especially fairies. Love all literature, some favorites include: Goethe, Arthur Conan Doyle, Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde, William Faulkner. Fascinated by voodoo and the blues. Love all things southern and southern gothic. Obsessed with all things Victorian (Alice in Wonderland, et al). Love bluegrass music (Gillian Welch, etc). Oh, and I also love belly dance and travel. Bleh.

Sorry for the self indulgent randomness...

Smells I particularly like: Almond, Honey, Vanilla, Rose, Opium, Milk/Soymilk, cardamon, Sandlewood. However, I am open to anything and everything. I love woody orientals in particular.

Help!

Thanks!

Angelica

Oh, and I've been described as shy, friendly, delicate, feminine, funny, smart, flirtatious, witty, mysterious, and a "guy's girl" (which I took to mean someone you can joke around with, easy going, not overly obsessed with make-up or clothes).

It's so odd trying to describe yourself...

Thanks for humoring me! :)

Hi everyone, I'm new here. So excited to have discovered BPAL, but a little overwhelmed, as it all sounds so wonderful. Trying to find a "signature scent" and any recomendations would be most appreciated. Okay, a bit about me... I have a bachelors degree in film and comparative literature and am now getting my masters in acupuncture and chinese medicine. Love history and all things related to the past. Obsessed with Hitchcock, Luis Bunuel, Maya Deren, Chinese cinema, classic hollywood cinema, old hollywood in general. Obsessed with all things spiritual and metaphysical, especially fairies. Love all literature, some favorites include: Goethe, Arthur Conan Doyle, Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde, William Faulkner. Fascinated by voodoo and the blues. Love all things southern and southern gothic. Obsessed with all things Victorian (Alice in Wonderland, et al). Love bluegrass music (Gillian Welch, etc). Oh, and I also love belly dance and travel. Bleh.

Smells I particularly like: Almond, Honey, Vanilla, Rose, Opium, Milk/Soymilk, cardamon, Sandlewood. However, I am open to anything and everything. I love woody orientals in particular.

Help!

Thanks!

Angelica

You should give Belle Epoque a try. I haven't sniffed it yet, but it has vanilla, sandalwood, and opium, and some reviews have said it has a bit of a vintage feel.

Help!

Thanks!

Angelica

You should give Belle Epoque a try. I haven't sniffed it yet, but it has vanilla, sandalwood, and opium, and some reviews have said it has a bit of a vintage feel.

Great, thanks! I'll give it a try. Read the description-- sounds perfect.

Ohhh...this sounds like fun! I'd like to get some ideas for myself, and then once I'm more familiar with everything, give out recommendations as well.

Let's see..... I'm in my late 30s but regularly get guessed much, much younger. I'm bi-racial, olive toned skin, long black curly hair. I'm a pisces, love to read (usually 60 books or more a year), make soaps, pretty much any craft. Looove hiking and being in the mountains and used to kayak regularly.

Right now my passion is gardening, especially herbs.

Child free by choice. I work in emergency services...hmmmmm....what else?

I am incredibly blunt, sometimes to the point of rudeness, though I usually don't mean to be. I curse. A lot. I am usually pretty introverted, by choice, because I am not shy. I have a very dark sense of humor. I am also very sensitive, though few people will ever see that side of me. I don't have a lot of friends, but the ones I do are friends for life and closer to me than family.

Is that enough information to go on? What do you guys think would suit me?

Ohhh...this sounds like fun! I'd like to get some ideas for myself, and then once I'm more familiar with everything, give out recommendations as well.

Let's see..... I'm in my late 30s but regularly get guessed much, much younger. I'm bi-racial, olive toned skin, long black curly hair. I'm a pisces, love to read (usually 60 books or more a year), make soaps, pretty much any craft. Looove hiking and being in the mountains and used to kayak regularly.

I am incredibly blunt, sometimes to the point of rudeness, though I usually don't mean to be. I curse. A lot. I am usually pretty introverted, by choice, because I am not shy. I have a very dark sense of humor. I am also very sensitive, though few people will ever see that side of me. I don't have a lot of friends, but the ones I do are friends for life and closer to me than family.

Well, I'm new to BPAL myself, so I haven't yet tried any of these, but based on the reviews I've read, I'll suggest:

The Jersey Devil (pine, blackberry leaf, cranberry, cedar, tomato leaf) - described as a woodsy, berry scent

Poisoned Apple (apple, opium, oleander, hemlock) - described as an earthy and crisp scent

Apothecary (tea, moss, grass, herbs, ginger, fig) - described as a fruity, herbal scent

All three fit with your outdoorsy, herb-gardening side, and I think Poisoned Apple might also capture your blunt nature and dark sense of humor.

Maybe something from Rappacini's Garden would suit you.

When I started this, I wrote about what I was interested in, rather than who I am, which I think says it all. A combination of Asperger’s syndrome and manic-depression means that I have extremely strong, deep-running emotions which I find it hard to understand or communicate. Between that and being a shy agoraphobic (open spaces, not crowds) insomniac I have the makings of a good neurotic shut-in, but I find the world so damn amazing in the complexity and variation of everything that’s out there. Although I often say I’m mostly interested in the past (history) and the future (science fiction), I also have a pretty comprehensive knowledge of US politics and world news, and I’m trying to get a job with a global public health or human rights NGO and eventually go back to school to study epidemiology. Doing good by other people is very important to me, and I am forever a pessimistic optimist. Shyness aside, once I get comfortable and happy I can be loud without realizing it, and am told I have a big smile and can be deadpan-snarky. I get pensive and wrapped up in my own head easily. I write poetry and flash fiction, but read mostly “genre” fiction (sf/f, mysteries, historical) and nonfiction. I’m not extremely practical, but I do like to deal in concrete things and enjoy working out details (of a plan, a system, a fictional world). As an Aspie my special interests play a big part in my life – they are the American and French Revolutions, the Age of Sail, the treatment of tuberculosis, international human rights law, folk songs/ballads, and T. E. Lawrence. My girlfriend is also determined to make me interested in 20th century history, and may be succeeding. (I sometimes joke that you could tell I had fallen for her when she got me to watch the entirety of The World at War).

In terms of aesthetic, I wear a lot of skirts with boots/sneakers and button-down shirts – what I most enjoy is mixing together stereotypically feminine and masculine things, e.g. wearing a frilly skirt with sneakers and a button-down shirt. (I’ve been experimenting with mixing over-all look with BPAL scent – like pants and a men’s shirt with Prague or a dress and tights with Metallic Scarab). Almost all my clothes are blue, green, purple, black, or brown, but I have a variety of light and dark tones in those categories. I am bespectacled and dye my hair bright red. Until recently I wore a lot of bracelets on both wrists to cover up scars from a suicide attempt, but now only wear earrings on a daily basis. I wear tinted lip-balm but don’t bother with proper makeup unless I’m really nervous. My favorite scents thus far are Calico Jack, Anesthesia, Jolly Roger, Laudanum, Cathode, Dorian, Lady Una, Miskatonic University, and Tintagel.

Rachel- Maybe Blood Countess? Or one of the Dragon's Blood blends- Dragon's musk, Dragon's heart, etc.

Or something green- faiza the black mamba? I could see maybe something with absinthe or schrodinger's cat.

Also- perhaps the lady amalthea or the lilac wood from the last unicorn series? Something a little distant, like Leanan Sidhe might be nice as well.

So I've lurked for a while here and just signed up so I could post on this thread. I recently got some money and want to buy perfumage, and thus want recommendations. =P

My name's Rachael, I'm 19 and working at an engineering company as a grunt. Moved out of my parents house when I was 17, worked at a library for a while, moved north to go to school for virtual technology and design, dropped out because I couldn't afford it. I'm engaged.

I've always been a huge reader and I collect books obsessively - I have a several hundred of them I lug around despite the fact I move often. I'm obsessed with fantasy worlds and imagination, and am in the process of finishing writing a novel. I also ballroom dance quite a bit.

I am a Star Trek fan, obsessed with logic, a rather emotionless cynic. Some people have nicknamed me "Spock." I am a Myers-Briggs INTP. Things must be internally consistent. I am skilled with words, debate, I carry an extreme distrust for rhetoric. I cannot handle large crowds. I am good at real time strategy games.

I am a very cheerful person, largely because being unhappy is uncomfortable, and I like comfort. I make the best out of every situation and tend to smile constantly.

I was raised in an extremely religious protestant household, but left Christianity because I found it was internally inconsistent despite the fact my emotions were still involved. I was homeschooled and am still very naive and trusting. I tend to be very quiet and shy, preferring to watch from a corner and keep my thoughts to myself. Unless it's a strong issue on which people are stupid - like politics or religion.

Might have just been my crappy upbringing of deprivation, but I'm a fan of the whole 'sex' thing and like it often, intense, and kinky.

I have an affinity for horror and dark, dramatic writing. I am drawn to the goth, the creepy, the vampire (but am a little too cheerful to pull it off). I like rain and moss and dust and darkness and musk and longing and fantasy, but I don't like fruits or foods or blatant flowerishness.

Physically I am tall, skinny and pale, with long black hair and green eyes.

Anyway that's about it for me. I'd love to hear what scents you recommend!

When I started this, I wrote about what I was interested in, rather than who I am, which I think says it all. A combination of Asperger’s syndrome and manic-depression means that I have extremely strong, deep-running emotions which I find it hard to understand or communicate. Between that and being a shy agoraphobic (open spaces, not crowds) insomniac I have the makings of a good neurotic shut-in, but I find the world so damn amazing in the complexity and variation of everything that’s out there. Although I often say I’m mostly interested in the past (history) and the future (science fiction), I also have a pretty comprehensive knowledge of US politics and world news, and I’m trying to get a job with a global public health or human rights NGO and eventually go back to school to study epidemiology. Doing good by other people is very important to me, and I am forever a pessimistic optimist. Shyness aside, once I get comfortable and happy I can be loud without realizing it, and am told I have a big smile and can be deadpan-snarky. I get pensive and wrapped up in my own head easily. I write poetry and flash fiction, but read mostly “genre” fiction (sf/f, mysteries, historical) and nonfiction. I’m not extremely practical, but I do like to deal in concrete things and enjoy working out details (of a plan, a system, a fictional world). As an Aspie my special interests play a big part in my life – they are the American and French Revolutions, the Age of Sail, the treatment of tuberculosis, international human rights law, folk songs/ballads, and T. E. Lawrence. My girlfriend is also determined to make me interested in 20th century history, and may be succeeding. (I sometimes joke that you could tell I had fallen for her when she got me to watch the entirety of The World at War).

In terms of aesthetic, I wear a lot of skirts with boots/sneakers and button-down shirts – what I most enjoy is mixing together stereotypically feminine and masculine things, e.g. wearing a frilly skirt with sneakers and a button-down shirt. (I’ve been experimenting with mixing over-all look with BPAL scent – like pants and a men’s shirt with Prague or a dress and tights with Metallic Scarab). Almost all my clothes are blue, green, purple, black, or brown, but I have a variety of light and dark tones in those categories. I am bespectacled and dye my hair bright red. Until recently I wore a lot of bracelets on both wrists to cover up scars from a suicide attempt, but now only wear earrings on a daily basis. I wear tinted lip-balm but don’t bother with proper makeup unless I’m really nervous. My favorite scents thus far are Calico Jack, Anesthesia, Jolly Roger, Laudanum, Cathode, Dorian, Lady Una, Miskatonic University, and Tintagel.

That's a great description. Maybe try The Lion for your T E Lawrence likings: I haven't tried it but the reviews to me suggest simmering heat, grass, strength and a nice m/f mix. My favourite scent is Jolly Roger and I my 2nd is Drink Me - try it, but I think you might find it too sweet.

I wanna - I wanna :D

I am 29, but my brain is 17.

I am female, short, round and look like one of them statues from ages ago (that is to say; I have short legs, huge hips, no tits, narrow shoulders and look lumpy - but I try to be positive, and as such, I look like an old statue instead)

I love purple, cars, festivals, I have been described as "more" as well as "intense"

I am incredibly loud, can be besserwisser'ish and horrible - I am perfectionist and have diagnosis stating both Bipolar and Aspergers - not that I let that get in the way in any way, it just means that when stuff seems depressing or horrible or I feel genuinely suicidal or just Bad, I go "meh, this is just a symptom, it is not real" and then I power on.

I am potentially going to be single forever, which is very sad, but I can't quite see anyone actually falling for me - there's too Much of me. Love tends to be aimed at Other people, not me. Sure, that makes me sad, but whatever.

I can not live without singing and dancing - possibly literally, I've never gone without it long enough to find out, thankfully.

I am my grandfathers pride - because I can work as hard as the men in the family.

My father thinks I'm a princess but he was Incredibly pleased when I turned my interest to building festivals and fixing cars, as he then suddenly knew what to get for Xmas every year.

I love intensity in all forms.

Bad sides?

I am so scared of failure that I never DO things.

This is Crippling in day to day life.

I have no life-dreams (I had one; to sing, but since I am apparently tone deaf too, that broke Very early) aside from winning many millions and living in a mansion with a few slaves :(

Oh yes - and I am "cute" when I smile.

Uhm...what is there for me?

Also, roses give me a headache :P

Edited by Asinya

I wanna - I wanna :D

I am 29, but my brain is 17.

I am female, short, round and look like one of them statues from ages ago (that is to say; I have short legs, huge hips, no tits, narrow shoulders and look lumpy - but I try to be positive, and as such, I look like an old statue instead)

I love purple, cars, festivals, I have been described as "more" as well as "intense"

I am incredibly loud, can be besserwisser'ish and horrible - I am perfectionist and have diagnosis stating both Bipolar and Aspergers - not that I let that get in the way in any way, it just means that when stuff seems depressing or horrible or I feel genuinely suicidal or just Bad, I go "meh, this is just a symptom, it is not real" and then I power on.

I am potentially going to be single forever, which is very sad, but I can't quite see anyone actually falling for me - there's too Much of me. Love tends to be aimed at Other people, not me. Sure, that makes me sad, but whatever.

I can not live without singing and dancing - possibly literally, I've never gone without it long enough to find out, thankfully.

I am my grandfathers pride - because I can work as hard as the men in the family.

My father thinks I'm a princess but he was Incredibly pleased when I turned my interest to building festivals and fixing cars, as he then suddenly knew what to get for Xmas every year.

I love intensity in all forms.

Bad sides?

I am so scared of failure that I never DO things.

This is Crippling in day to day life.

I have no life-dreams (I had one; to sing, but since I am apparently tone deaf too, that broke Very early) aside from winning many millions and living in a mansion with a few slaves :(

Oh yes - and I am "cute" when I smile.

Uhm...what is there for me?

Also, roses give me a headache :P

Hmmm... I'm thinking Dragon's Tears because it's both fearsome and bittersweet, which I think describes your description of yourself pretty well, Danse Macabre for your love of dancing, The Black Tower because it's unique and bold with a touch of leather and ozone to possibly remind you of cars, Gnome because they are the ultimate mechanics, Ultraviolet because it's piercing and purple (and I just have a hunch) and No. 93 Engine for the obvious reasons.

Dragon's Tears: Bittersweet yet powerful: salty aquatic notes and bursting with dragon's blood.

Danse Macabre: An allegorical expression of the ineffable, indisputable triumph of death, generally expressed in medieval artwork as a violin or flute-wielding skeleton leading a procession of dancers to their graves. Black cypress with oakmoss, frankincense, oude, and a sliver of toasted hazelnut.

The Black Tower: white sandalwood, ambergris, wet ozone, galbanum and leather with ebony, teak, burnt grasses, English ivy and a hint of red wine.

Gnome: An explosive blend of effervescent golden ginger and black peppercorn with sarsaparilla, gurjum balsam, nutmeg, gear lubricant, and smoke.

Ultraviolet: Electrifying, mechanized and chilly -- the scent of crushed blooms strewn on cold metal. Lush violet and neroli spiked hard with eucalyptus and a sliver of mint.

No. 93 Engine: Balm of Gilead, benzoin, frankincense, balsam of peru, beeswax, saffron, galbanum, calamus, hyssop, mastic, lemon balm, and white sage.

I just have to try this ...

I'm often seen as quiet and aloof by people, unless they know me. Underneath my quiet exterior is quite a different story. I daydream too much, I eat too much, I sleep too much, I like to indulge all my senses so I obsess about sex as well :P

I love reading and can completely lose myself in a book, I'm stubborn and I have a hell of a temper if something pushes my buttons. I try to live by logic but too often my emotions overwhelm me.

As far as relaionships go, I'm bisexual and ethically non-monogamous.

I can't wear cinnamon although I love it. I hate strong florals and aquatics tend to turn to soap on me.

My favourite BPALs include Dorian, Smut, Bastet, Miskatonic University, 13 and Lady of Shalott

I just have to try this ...

I'm often seen as quiet and aloof by people, unless they know me. Underneath my quiet exterior is quite a different story. I daydream too much, I eat too much, I sleep too much, I like to indulge all my senses so I obsess about sex as well :P

I love reading and can completely lose myself in a book, I'm stubborn and I have a hell of a temper if something pushes my buttons. I try to live by logic but too often my emotions overwhelm me.

As far as relaionships go, I'm bisexual and ethically non-monogamous.

I can't wear cinnamon although I love it. I hate strong florals and aquatics tend to turn to soap on me.

My favourite BPALs include Dorian, Smut, Bastet, Miskatonic University, 13 and Lady of Shalott

Reading this I immediately thought of Darkness. It's dark, fierce, majestic, and intoxicating. Strange as it sounds, I actually get a distinct non-monogamous vibe from it as well, lol. Other than that I'd suggest Black Phoenix for indulgent sexiness and perhaps something from The Last Unicorn for your quiet, daydreaming side.

Darkness: Bottled gloom; the essence of oblivion. Blackest opium and narcissus deepened by myrrh.

Black Phoenix: A dark, languid scent. Promotes hedonistic tendencies and extreme self-love. You won't stop kissing mirrors for a month.

The Last Unicorn Selections~

The King's Daughter: A matter of formality: lilac musk, sandalwood, sweet pea, watermelon accord, pale woods, elemi, and oakmoss.

Lady Amalthea: A luminous white winter musk with lilac, wisteria, white chocolate, white mint, and tuberose.

The Midnight Carnival: Cruelty and confinement, small magics and penny illusions: galbanum, teak, myrrh, narcissus, patchouli, cacao, labdanum, agarwood, lavender, neroli, and black moss.

I need to try this :lol:

I am a strange combination of traits.

I'm wise and ultra-mature yet child-like and silly.

I'm often cold(physically, I mean, not emotionally)

I'm very tactile, I love touching people when I talk to them.

I'm possibly the most genuine and brave person I know.

I'm confident yet I'm also very vulnerable.

I'm gullible, I tend to believe first and then think. I just don't understand why would anyone say something which is not true in order to be amusing.

I struggle with anxiety a lot.

People tend to confide in me.

I get on well with people older than myself.

Dogs love me.

I could easily have dinner with the Queen, famous people etc; it wouldn't intimidate me at all.

I love meeting new people.

I get bored easily.

I obsess easily.

I feel very strongly about human connection and that we should hug more, talk more, listen more and be real.I hate pretense and fakeness.

I don't understand small talk, one night stands, bullying, football, getting drunk...

I'm ambitious-I actually believe that I'll do something big in life.

I love being with people, but I burn out easily and then need time to recharge, in my own company.

I'm passionate about music, beauty(beautiful faces, objects, words) and Nature.

I love rolling in the grass, jumping and expressing myself through dancing.

I've been in relationships with both men and women.

I like odd, eccentric people.

I believe in Angels and I believe I'm protected.

I'm very perceptive and observant.

I'm witty, bright and creative.

I'm prone to low moods.

I don't have and never had any proper emotional support from my family.

I'm easily excitable.

I came to the UK on my own, when I was 26.

I love Lemon Scented Sticky Bat and O. mostly because they make me feel comforted and cozy.

:kiss:

I wanna try too lol

I'm very loud and I like to talk to everyone, however, I'm not as *outgoing* as I'd like to be, in terms of being open to different experiences. (this is due to insecurities i have) I'm not the type who goes out and does tons of interesting things all the time, but I want to be. I'm just the conversational type, I like talking to different people, I'm not shy at all. I like discussions about things relating to my studies, like politics, history, sociology, psychology, etc. I like controversial topics the most. I value the search for knowledge, in talking things out instead of being defensively closed off to talking about things, I LOVE talking.

I'm like a combination of sweet and offensive I guess. I'm funny, I love to make people laugh. I'm sarcastic. I'm a bit negative.

I'm very affectionate, I love to touch people, hold hands, cuddle, etc. With one of my friends, I just walk around holding pinkies. I like touching peoples hands if they let me. I like to be close to people. I'm always trying to make connections, to really get to know people, which can be hard in general. I can get attached to people easily over time. I like having close friends.

I can be difficult to deal with at times, but im always there for my close friends, to listen, to give advice, to tell them the truth when they need to hear it, to be a shoulder to cry on.

I'm innocent with a dirty mind. I'm bisexual if that matters. I love food, I'm a vegan. I'm idealistic, a dreamer, but also pragmatic and realistic, sometimes to the point of negativity. I'm honest about my opinions and feelings. I'm compassionate and I think I see the world/people in a different way than many people do. i tend to make connections with history, psychology, politics, etc. on things that other people would just consider to be simple issues of here and now.

I'm a pretty deep person. Not that I'm not shallow on some things, because I definitely am, but I'm pretty introspective and i always have been. I'm also good at understanding and evaluating situations other people may be going through.

I'm very liberal about lifestyles, politics, and sexuality.

I feel very in touch with the universe. I dont even know what that means but i find myself having dreams or thinking of things that coincidentally relate to something that happened to someone else in my life. I always joke around that I'm psychic, because things like that happen to me a lot. i dont believe in things of that nature, but it does happen a lot lol i just think i pay attention to signs. and i believe in coincidence - im an atheist, so that should sum it up. lol

I like arguing, reading, talking, talking, making people laugh, talking, music, the topics i mentioned above, etc. I'm loud, funny, argumentative, extroverted, affectionate, compassionate.

Oh well if physical appearances help. I'm african american, I have a dark tan/light brown/goldeny complexion. black-brown, big eyes with long eyelashes, i have big, crazy kinky-curly hair. think scary spice kind of :D

I'm really interested to see what people have to recommend based on this. i just laid out my life for you haha :)

Edited by takeawhiff

I need to try this :lol:

I am a strange combination of traits.

I'm wise and ultra-mature yet child-like and silly.

I'm often cold(physically, I mean, not emotionally)

I'm very tactile, I love touching people when I talk to them.

I'm possibly the most genuine and brave person I know.

I'm confident yet I'm also very vulnerable.

I'm gullible, I tend to believe first and then think. I just don't understand why would anyone say something which is not true in order to be amusing.

I struggle with anxiety a lot.

People tend to confide in me.

I get on well with people older than myself.

Dogs love me.

I could easily have dinner with the Queen, famous people etc; it wouldn't intimidate me at all.

I love meeting new people.

I get bored easily.

I obsess easily.

I feel very strongly about human connection and that we should hug more, talk more, listen more and be real.I hate pretense and fakeness.

I don't understand small talk, one night stands, bullying, football, getting drunk...

I'm ambitious-I actually believe that I'll do something big in life.

I love being with people, but I burn out easily and then need time to recharge, in my own company.

I'm passionate about music, beauty(beautiful faces, objects, words) and Nature.

I love rolling in the grass, jumping and expressing myself through dancing.

I've been in relationships with both men and women.

I like odd, eccentric people.

I believe in Angels and I believe I'm protected.

I'm very perceptive and observant.

I'm witty, bright and creative.

I'm prone to low moods.

I don't have and never had any proper emotional support from my family.

I'm easily excitable.

I came to the UK on my own, when I was 26.

I love Lemon Scented Sticky Bat and O. mostly because they make me feel comforted and cozy.

:kiss:

From reading about you, I would suggest:

Dragon's Milk - it's scent is akin to liquid confidence....It sounds like you have a confident and outgoing personality, and this blend I think, would suit you well - it also has honey, and since you like O, I think you would like this a lot!

I also think there may be a lot of scents that will work for you in the Mad Tea Party...I would also suggest White Rabbit specifically from there...your comment about being able to have Tea with the Queen sort of made me think of this blend, which is like a tea party, all wrapped up in a bottle!

If you aren't too afraid to try Aquatics, I also would recommend Y'Ha-Nthlei from the Picnic in Arkham section - it's a beautiful blend, one that evokes a strong feeling "being meant for something greater"...it's almost ethereal.

Now, for my personality:

I am an Aquarius, very creative, and I like to think outside the box.

I tend to be described as "an old soul"...or that I have wisdom beyond my years.

I am a shark fanatic...I've been in a shark cage, and have photographed sharks freely in the ocean.

This also means, I am a SCUBA diver. I have almost no fear....

...except for spiders. I don't do spiders.

I am a paranormal investigator...Ive been on 100's of investigations, from public venues to private homes. and yes, only once in my life, have i ever fully seen "a ghost". Not sure what a ghost is, but whatever it will eventually become known as, I saw one. It looked like a heat mirage.

I am a cat person, though I really like Dogs to...basically, animals love me.

I am very social, and have no problems traveling alone, or going on crazy adventures.

I followed Nine Inch Nails on tour, back in 2005-2006...from the entore East Coast, all the way to London, UK.

I am very laid back, but I love to make people laugh, and goof off.

I tend to wear headier/spicy/incensy blends....snake Oil is amazing on me, as is most blends with snake oil. I also really like creamy scents.

what would you recommend for me?

Thanks a lot for your prescription, Sharkdiver :lol: Funnily enough, Dragon's Milk is something I've been wanting to try for a long time(I will) and I've been always attracted to Mad Tea Party scents, I need to experiment.

I'm pretty new to BPAL, although learning very quickly. Therefore I'm not the best person to recommend the oils, simply because I haven't tried that many(maybe 90?).

What came to my head however were:

Philosopher in Meditation(for the old soul part of you, I would say is a more mature and wiser brother of Urd)

For your adventureous, curious, courageous part- some scents which are really fun, unpredictable and unexpected.

Schrodinger's Cat? Alice? Lolita layered with Snake Oil?

Just my humble purely intuitive suggestions :lol:

I'm a bit of a newbie, but I'm still game to throw out a few recs (especially now that I've read through the whole thread and seen some of what others have suggested).

megheartsshoes: yours was one of the first posts that caught my eye, and for some reason my first thought was Tavern of Hell. It starts off a bit heavy on the flowers, but the scents of ebony and whiskey then come up to ground them, and I've found that it smells fabulously like some slightly smoky tavern mingled with the perfume of some sultry demoness on one side of you, and the cologne of a charming devil on the other. You mentioned your love of drinking, so I thought the scent of a sultry tavern might work for you. Alternatively, there's also Mad Sweeney, from the Neil Gaiman collection, which is just whiskey and oak.

Leafy Sea Dragon: first off, wanted to say that I adore your avatar; Homestuck is awesome! Also, I agree with girasol's rec of Mouse's Long and Sad Tale, and also add Hell's Belle. I've found Hell's Belle to be a wonderfully soft, creamy scent that's lovely and cuddly. It's also a sort of sleepy smell, from what I've seen--my fiance loves to fall asleep using me as a teddy bear when I wear it around him.

the malinoir: I thought of Fenris Wolf when I read that you were "rather feral under the surface," and your mention that you're not one for fruity/flowery/sweet scents sort of sealed it for me. I haven't yet tried Fenris Wolf myself, but all the scents in it are ones that I know for being deep and rich, at least to me.

On to me now, I suppose. This is going to be long; I'm a terrible rambler. I'm 31 but have been confused for a middle or high-schooler repeatedly while working as a substitute teacher, an English major who's spent most of my life nose-deep in books. I'm a major lover of fantasy, especially science-fantasy and urban fantasy, as well as anything that takes classic mythology in an interesting twist. I'll read anything from YA books, to classic literature, to movie novelizations, though nothing on this earth could make me even touch the Twilight books. I'm a theatre geek, a casual artist with a fondness for comic book/manga styles of drawing, jewelry-making, and various forms of sculpture, an amateur author (one of these days, I'm going to get past the planning for NaNoWriMo, I swear!), and I love to sing and dance whenever I can. I enjoy a huge spectrum of music, from 50s doo-wop to prog rock and metal, from country to death metal, and I love the Insane Clown Posse, though I'm one of the more mild and casual Juggalos out there. I'm a video game enthusiast who just recently kicked a six-year WoW habit, and an avid player of tabletop RPGs from D&D to World of Darkness. I'm a regular Renaissance Faire attendee, and always go in garb if I can help it, usually with a long knife on my hip and a dagger in my bodice, and my big cavalier's hat with its huge rose-pink plume. I love animals, from house pets, to horses, to wild critters, and currently live with a trio of quirky cats when I'm at home, or a trio of equally quirky dogs when I'm visiting my mum.

I'm a slightly strange mix of Puerto Rican, Japanese, and German, though practically being raised by my Japanese grandma has left me with mostly Japanese mannerisms and tastes, especially when it comes to food. I love rice and any sort of fish, and anything involving fried tofu. I also grew up on Japanese fairy-tales before I ever really learned about the Western ones, which only fueled my later love of mythology not just from Japan, but from a variety of cultures. I'm Pagan even though living with my family makes it difficult to practice rituals and the like, and recently found out my affinity for such things and the supernatural in general might come from my great-aunt; she was the local "witch" back in Puerto Rico, apparently.

My friends frequently compare me to a house-cat, in that I'm a little lazy and love to curl up in sunny spots for a nap, I get distracted easily by small moving things and play with dangling bits of string, and I'm very fond of monopolizing someone's attention (and lap) for getting my head scritched. I've also been told I meow and purr in my sleep, and I get totally goofy on a whiff of catnip. I'm also the bad side of feline on occasion; I can be irritable and prone to showing the literal and metaphorical claws if I'm not in a nice mood, and if I don't want to be touched, woe to the fool who tries.

I'm chatty and amazingly good at seeming very extroverted in the right company, though I'm more often quiet and pensive when I'm alone. I'm very good at covering up my more introverted side when I'm comfortable, and in general very good at covering up how I'm feeling, which often makes my actual moments of emotional outbursts kind of terrifying to those close to me, as they'll have no idea how I'm feeling under the surface until it explodes in an extreme display of that emotion. I don't have mild displays, I go straight from appearing completely calm to violently emotional with no in-between. And it's often the way I express those emotions that's so terrifying to other people, as I can swing from kick-your-face-in furious to convulsive sobbing in a blink, or suddenly tell someone precisely how I want to hurt the target of my rage in such a way as to prolong their agony for hours with a sort of sociopathic, Hannibal Lechter calm. I've no idea where it comes from, or what the particular explosion will be, but it's always unnerving to see it in progress, even if I've never actually done more than verbally vent.

I'm a strange mix of utterly girly and aggressively tomboy, able to chat with my mum or my girlfriends about clothes, makeup, perfume, or jewelry for ages whenever the mood strikes me, or watch chick-flicks and get all teary at sad movies, or fuss over how I look for a night out in San Francisco. At the same time, I'm perfectly glad to kick some butt playing Street Fighter with the guys, roughhouse with my buddies, or go to watch a WWE show and be as loud and raucous as any other fan in the house about who I like and who I don't. I clean up pretty nice, but I'm just as happy in a t-shirt and jeans, and I'm seldom found in any shoes but sneakers or my combat boots. I'm also more prone to showing my more mature behavior the more feminine I decide to look and act, where my everyday casually tomboyish side tends to bring out the rough-and-tumble, childishly inappropriate behavior, especially when I'm hanging with my friends.

I think that's about all I can say about my personality and where it comes from. Heck, it's probably a lot more than I planned to say! :lol:

Mokiefraggle: Ok, the house cat thing for some reason made me think of The Illustrated Woman. Who knows? The girlish tomboy reminds me of Liz. Also try Hermia, if you like sweet pink things. It fits the theme if nothing else.

Also, maybe The Black Cat? A lot of people don't like it because of the rose(?), catnip, and (I think) black musk, but it does fit the theme of someone mischievous and cat-like with a temper. Bastet could fit as well.

Edited by patina

On to me now, I suppose. This is going to be long; I'm a terrible rambler. I'm 31 but have been confused for a middle or high-schooler repeatedly while working as a substitute teacher, an English major who's spent most of my life nose-deep in books. I'm a major lover of fantasy, especially science-fantasy and urban fantasy, as well as anything that takes classic mythology in an interesting twist. I'll read anything from YA books, to classic literature, to movie novelizations, though nothing on this earth could make me even touch the Twilight books. I'm a theatre geek, a casual artist with a fondness for comic book/manga styles of drawing, jewelry-making, and various forms of sculpture, an amateur author (one of these days, I'm going to get past the planning for NaNoWriMo, I swear!), and I love to sing and dance whenever I can. I enjoy a huge spectrum of music, from 50s doo-wop to prog rock and metal, from country to death metal, and I love the Insane Clown Posse, though I'm one of the more mild and casual Juggalos out there. I'm a video game enthusiast who just recently kicked a six-year WoW habit, and an avid player of tabletop RPGs from D&D to World of Darkness. I'm a regular Renaissance Faire attendee, and always go in garb if I can help it, usually with a long knife on my hip and a dagger in my bodice, and my big cavalier's hat with its huge rose-pink plume. I love animals, from house pets, to horses, to wild critters, and currently live with a trio of quirky cats when I'm at home, or a trio of equally quirky dogs when I'm visiting my mum.

I'm a slightly strange mix of Puerto Rican, Japanese, and German, though practically being raised by my Japanese grandma has left me with mostly Japanese mannerisms and tastes, especially when it comes to food. I love rice and any sort of fish, and anything involving fried tofu. I also grew up on Japanese fairy-tales before I ever really learned about the Western ones, which only fueled my later love of mythology not just from Japan, but from a variety of cultures. I'm Pagan even though living with my family makes it difficult to practice rituals and the like, and recently found out my affinity for such things and the supernatural in general might come from my great-aunt; she was the local "witch" back in Puerto Rico, apparently.

My friends frequently compare me to a house-cat, in that I'm a little lazy and love to curl up in sunny spots for a nap, I get distracted easily by small moving things and play with dangling bits of string, and I'm very fond of monopolizing someone's attention (and lap) for getting my head scritched. I've also been told I meow and purr in my sleep, and I get totally goofy on a whiff of catnip. I'm also the bad side of feline on occasion; I can be irritable and prone to showing the literal and metaphorical claws if I'm not in a nice mood, and if I don't want to be touched, woe to the fool who tries.

I'm chatty and amazingly good at seeming very extroverted in the right company, though I'm more often quiet and pensive when I'm alone. I'm very good at covering up my more introverted side when I'm comfortable, and in general very good at covering up how I'm feeling, which often makes my actual moments of emotional outbursts kind of terrifying to those close to me, as they'll have no idea how I'm feeling under the surface until it explodes in an extreme display of that emotion. I don't have mild displays, I go straight from appearing completely calm to violently emotional with no in-between. And it's often the way I express those emotions that's so terrifying to other people, as I can swing from kick-your-face-in furious to convulsive sobbing in a blink, or suddenly tell someone precisely how I want to hurt the target of my rage in such a way as to prolong their agony for hours with a sort of sociopathic, Hannibal Lechter calm. I've no idea where it comes from, or what the particular explosion will be, but it's always unnerving to see it in progress, even if I've never actually done more than verbally vent.

I'm a strange mix of utterly girly and aggressively tomboy, able to chat with my mum or my girlfriends about clothes, makeup, perfume, or jewelry for ages whenever the mood strikes me, or watch chick-flicks and get all teary at sad movies, or fuss over how I look for a night out in San Francisco. At the same time, I'm perfectly glad to kick some butt playing Street Fighter with the guys, roughhouse with my buddies, or go to watch a WWE show and be as loud and raucous as any other fan in the house about who I like and who I don't. I clean up pretty nice, but I'm just as happy in a t-shirt and jeans, and I'm seldom found in any shoes but sneakers or my combat boots. I'm also more prone to showing my more mature behavior the more feminine I decide to look and act, where my everyday casually tomboyish side tends to bring out the rough-and-tumble, childishly inappropriate behavior, especially when I'm hanging with my friends.

I think that's about all I can say about my personality and where it comes from. Heck, it's probably a lot more than I planned to say! :lol:

MokieFraggle- you sound like someone I would totally hang out with. I would suggest maybe Kitsune-Tsuki because of the Japanese sensibilities, Yemaya for the girliness, Dragon's Heart for your tomboy side, Maybe Morgause for when you;re feeling witchy,and I don't know why, but I see you wearing something fun, with fruit, that's why I chose fruity suggestions.

I want to try this thread again, because I believe my personality is changing from two years ago when I posted. I'm now 31, incredibly in love :wub2: , beginning a career in the non-profit sector (HIV/AIDS and environmentalism). I have been feeling the more feminine side of my personality lately, focusing on my family, and being in the outdoors. I have strong beliefs, but have been moving away from conflict towards a quieter, more introvertive, meditative state. I write fiction/fantasy, and I still am obsessed with Stevie Nicks. I am a practicing eclectic Wiccan. I love my garden and surrounding myself with flowers, and organic vegetables. I love purples and greens. I love fantasy realms, unicorns, fairies, mermaids. Sometimes I'm dreamy and sort of out there. I'm fine with that. That's me, in a nutshell.