Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

To The Amber Dark - I highly suggest something from Wanderlust for you, and maybe J-Horror.

AMSTERDAM

Tulips, peony, fresh flowing water and crisp green grasses.

CROSSROADS

The forks of the road: an in-between place, sacred and tangibly magickal in innumerable cultures and faiths. This scent is dark with mystery, taut with power. A chill twilit garden of blooms over dry earth and mosses, heavily laden with incense and offertory herbs.

GLASGOW

The rich scent of wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather.

KYOTO

A gentle, soothing blend of cherry blossom, white sandalwood and star anise

LONDON

Venerable Victorian Tea Rose… twisted, blackened and emboldened with wickedness.

^.^ Don't take my word on it, but some of these seem like they may suit you and your free spirit, along with your creativeness. Seems like you're going down many different paths these days (hence crossroads).

Oooh thanks! I'll have to check those out! :D

Thank you so much, Floria, DeCuvieri and Mel85! I'm planning my next set of imps and I think I'll try all of those. Sybaris especially sounds lovely. (:

Oooh! No, I completely missed Perversion. That looks absolutely delicious! I'll have to try it. I've grown quite a collection, too -- so maybe there's something you'd like to give a whirl on my list?

I haven't tried Coyote yet, either. I'm not generally a grassy person, so it didn't make it onto my wish list.

So far, Smokestack, Tombstone and Kitty are my absolute favorites. Smokestack turns into this ashy cedar meat-smoker smell on me that is strange and alluring at the same time. Tombstone smells like root beer candies, but only if you're (RIGHT HERE) next to me. Kitty is just ... amazing. Sweet and edible -- it smells completely different on my sister than it does me, which cracks me up.

I'm really disappointed in Dwarf and Antikythera Mechanism! They sound like they're designed for me in specific, but they just melt into baby powder on me. (I even dabbed Dwarf on my Varric jacket in hope that having some layers between it and my sweaty skin would help it, but it just ... evaporated.) I'm really starting to think that the BPAL "metal" scent is something I need to avoid, no matter how much I love it -- my skin just twists and contorts it beyond recognition. ;_;

I put in last week for another set of imps and a few bottles, so if I get any in that bunch that are better suited towards you I can just toss them in with my imp of Perversion and send it your way. I might be interested in trying your Soldier and maybe Tin Phoenix. I'm kind of leery of metal tones myself, so we'll see what comes of that. ;)

I also have my imp of Rogue; It doesn't have that steampunk quality, and if it goes on you like it does me, I think you'd enjoy it. I'm going to try layering it with the alignment scents I've got coming, but if things don't pan out I'll pitch that one over to you too. Thinking about it now it might even layer well with Perversion. I'd try it myself, but Perversion goes straight to maple syrup on my skin no matter what. :/

I have always wanted to make suggestions in this thread because I love the idea of it! (I kinda wish we had one for old-timers, too, it seems like fun.) I didn't see anyone reply to ChipNoir yet, so I'm going to do it.

Can someone make a suggestion for me?

Small, bi-masculine oriented male, cute tendencies, Small, quirky, geeky, horror enthusiast, tea connoisseur, manga otaku. I'm very high energy, and I love all things spooky, and at the same time I also adore cute, high energy things. Retro cartoons, anime, 80's pop. A lot of people refer to me as "Perky Goth."

Not sure if thats anything worth going by. But I guess I'm looking for sweet scents, but ones that lean more towards masculine?

When I read this, I immediately thought of the Picnic In Arkham line. Specifically, Night-Gaunt (scary name, yet quite an "up" scent, perfect for a Perky Goth! :lol:), Brown Jenkin (cute and creepy at the same time, and some folks find it sweet and cuddly), and Shub-Niggurath (a very sexy yet cozy scent, and ginger is definitely a high energy note).

You might also want to check out the Mad Tea Party (Cheshire Cat = darkly mischievous) and Marchen lines for more scents in a similar vein. MTP especially has plenty of sweet scents.

To The Amber Dark - I highly suggest something from Wanderlust for you, and maybe J-Horror.

AMSTERDAM

Tulips, peony, fresh flowing water and crisp green grasses.

CROSSROADS

The forks of the road: an in-between place, sacred and tangibly magickal in innumerable cultures and faiths. This scent is dark with mystery, taut with power. A chill twilit garden of blooms over dry earth and mosses, heavily laden with incense and offertory herbs.

GLASGOW

The rich scent of wild blackberry breezing over gentle rosy heather.

KYOTO

A gentle, soothing blend of cherry blossom, white sandalwood and star anise

LONDON

Venerable Victorian Tea Rose… twisted, blackened and emboldened with wickedness.

^.^ Don't take my word on it, but some of these seem like they may suit you and your free spirit, along with your creativeness. Seems like you're going down many different paths these days (hence crossroads).

Oooh thanks! I'll have to check those out! :D

AH!!!!!! :ack: omg! lol, i'm SO SORRY ABOUT THAT TYPO >.<!!I just realized it now lol, Amber Dawn, *smacks self* >.<.

Glad you're interested in checking some of those out! personally, I like Glasgow for summertime!

Ok! I have already put my personality up here when I started the thread, but thought I would get all of your opinions on a scent for my boyfriend!

He is a computer science and psychology major (he is particularly interested in security and how hackers think etc. etc.) that is still a pretty big engineering buff (he first majored in nanosystems engineering but then changed majors). He is particularly intrigued by the engineering of fire arms and has a love for watches, especially russian watches. Actually he has a love for russian anything, he taught himself the language even! He has always been intrigued by nature and would go fishing out on the gulf for long bouts of time with his dad. Fresh fish is one of his favorite foods because of this and he always says he would love to smell like the ocean or rain (but unfortunately everything aquatic turns to soap on him, it is sad). Carl Sagan is kind of a role model for him in a way because he loves all things science and cosmos related. Sitting on his roof and looking up at the stars is a favorite past time. Patience could be his middle name. He is really excited about one day having grey hair? Is super eclectic and extremely silly while being a bit of a clean freak. He has a huge respect for weather, and tornadoes and cockroaches tend to scare him silly. He reads more than anyone I know and is both a nerd and a geek and is quite a fan of anything steam punk. I once told him he wanted to smell like a pirate and bought him a bottle of Jolly Roger that he loves to wear. His favorite colors are khaki and tan and this kind of olive green color. Dimes are his favorite. Recently I have gotten him addicted to pineapple jalapeno pizza! He is the sweetest person I know and like I said earlier is one of the most patient. People will always come to him when they have problems, and he always listens and soothes people and helps them out when he can. He is extremely thoughtful and gets alongs really well with others while sometimes being a touch too eclectic for them. I suppose that is it! If you want to see a picture of us go to my profile! He is the guy :)

Ok! I have already put my personality up here when I started the thread, but thought I would get all of your opinions on a scent for my boyfriend!

<snip>.... He is particularly intrigued by the engineering of fire arms and has a love for watches, especially russian watches. Actually he has a love for russian anything, he taught himself the language even! He has always been intrigued by nature and would go fishing out on the gulf for long bouts of time with his dad. Fresh fish is one of his favorite foods because of this and he always says he would love to smell like the ocean or rain (but unfortunately everything aquatic turns to soap on him, it is sad). Carl Sagan is kind of a role model for him in a way because he loves all things science and cosmos related. Sitting on his roof and looking up at the stars is a favorite past time. Patience could be his middle name. He is really excited about one day having grey hair? Is super eclectic and extremely silly while being a bit of a clean freak. He has a huge respect for weather, and tornadoes and cockroaches tend to scare him silly. He reads more than anyone I know and is both a nerd and a geek and is quite a fan of anything steam punk. <...snip> He is the sweetest person I know and like I said earlier is one of the most patient. People will always come to him when they have problems, and he always listens and soothes people and helps them out when he can. ...<snip>

I think I am finally at the point where I feel qualified to give recs! I really liked reading your post, ciaobonefish. Here are my thoughts.

Being somewhat of a Russophile myself, the obvious blend to try is The Russian Dance. Having not tested it myself yet, I can't say much about it.

THE RUSSIAN DANCE

Florentine iris, black tea, labdanum, patchouli, champaca flower, benzoin, and ambergris.

Shadwell is a semi-aquatic that I really like, the story about being on a fishing boat reminded me of it. It's mellow, sweet and clean but not shallow, if that makes sense. No soapiness here!

SHADWELL

Roll-ups, mildewed raincoat, sweet tea, and condensed milk.

The bit about liking science brought Galvanic Goggles to mind. It's my fave Steamworks scent- I like it because it seems really warm and approachable yet intriguing.

GALVANIC GOGGLES

Golden goggles fitted with zinc and copper plates dangle heavily by their leather straps from a hook mounted to the wall. Its crystal lenses are effulgent with residual electric energy.

Metallic notes with Indian musk, tobacco flower, and African balsam.

Kubla Khan reminds me of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow; Aviator leather-clad retro steampunk adventures in the exotic Orient. It's a way complex scent, and rather sweet at first, but as the imp I have has aged, it has become much smoother and just incredible.

KUBLA KHAN

Through sunlit caves of ice, roses unfurl amidst dancing waves of serpentine opium smoke and amber tobacco, golden sandalwood, champaca, tea leaf, sugared lily, ginger, rich hay absolute, leather, dark vanilla, mandarin, peru balsam, and Moroccan jasmine.

My final rec would be Old Scratch. I think the lavender scares people away at first, it smells sort of cologny but it mellows & the rosewood just smolders, the patchouli adding a bit of naughtiness. It's a very comforting & attractive blend to me.

OLD SCRATCH

Old Nick, the Devil himself, as seen through the eyes of Victorian New England. A jaunty, dapper scent, deceptively genteel: a lavender fougere with tonka, amber, rosewood and a whiff of diabolical patchouli.

OK I really cannot do any recomendations, but could sure use some.

Though I appear out going and friendly at work I suffer from social anxiety though and so am a big fail in socializing with others,I am trying though. I am often the rock in my family and am described by others as caring and sweet. My favorite town so far is San Francisco. My daughter and I took the greyhound over springbreak and spent a week in a youth hostel. We did not have a ton of money, but we loved just walking ecerywhere. Haight Ashbury and China Town were huge hits, as well as the thrift stores both in the Mission district and the Haight Ashbury Good Will. I cannot stand to eat fruit, but love veggies and believe spices are mannah from the heavens. I am a Dominant in relationships, yes I know at odds with my anxiety issue, but also am a bit of a sadist. I enjoy causing pain, but only to those who consent.I am a boho type of girl with a love for the quirky and unusual.

Mojo, have you ever tried Sheol? This is totally not related to your scent preferences, but it immediately popped into my head for your personality (which I guess is kind of the point). It's very dramatic and smoky, strong, but not cloying as musk-based scents can be. The florals make it sweet amidst the darkness, which I think would speak to your kindness amidst the mystery and less social nature. I used to really love it myself since even though I dislike most florals, it was ashy/incense-y enough to be grounded.

Vibrant gladiola, graceful stargazer lily, triumphant iris and bright heliotrope flare, and is finally made somber by heavy copal, a drop of labdanum, and tonka.

For something spicy, perhaps Morocco. I feel like it's both mature and warmly inviting, plus it's one of those scents that might help inspire more confidence when interacting with others.

Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

To speak specifically to your dom/sadistic side, Spanked sounds almost perfect with the spicy cardamom and leather.

Whip leather, cardamom, patchouli and bourbon.

Maybe even Pallas Athene - three different spices, a bit of incense, plus soothing amber amidst grounded, woodsy base?

Antiqued amber, cumin, saffron, frankincense, Atlas cedar, myrrh, mandarin, Ceylon cinnamon bark, and osmanthus.

Still relatively new here, might as well give this a whirl. Adventure is out there!

I am in my senior year of college double majoring in history and theater with a religion minor. I tend to be on the nerdy studious side with a thorough dose of quirky nerdy humor/wit yet I also do like to have a good time with friends. I am on the shy side (yay for anxiety!) but will eventually warm up to people. Personality wise I am very much my own person (independent, creative, compassionate, and quirky) and will not let people dictate who I am. Until the last three years I was going through the "I-hate-my-body-and-ashamed-of-it" phase but now am starting to become more confident/assertive. I absolutely adore vintage clothing and home decor (Victorian and 1920's-50's are very dear to me), currently I have this Victorian meets 1950's thing going on right now in terms of dress. I love to read (Shakespeare, TS Eliot, Dylan Thomas, David Sedaris), act, and be active in politics (god I love politics!). Right now I am considering continuing on with my education (masters,ect) in either history (possibly research or teaching) or religion. I am planning on taking 1-2 years off to do Lutheran Volunteer Corps and get a placement that lets me explore those options to see which is the right path for me. Another thing, I love to bake, this cannot be stressed enough! Pies are my favorite!

Frenchwaffle, The Knave of Hearts isn't terribly quirky, but it does have cake, roses (roses remind me of Victorians) and blackcurrant.

Maybe also The Buggre Alle This Bible. I haven't tried that one, though.

I'm fresh to BPAL. I'd like recommendations for the first scent I should try.

I spend most of my time either writing or reading. It bothers me not to know something so if I hear a reference to anything I'm not familiar with, I'll usually look it up and commit it to memory. I'm stubborn as a rule, a bit lazy, and I tend to procrastinate. I also tend to pretend I'm not a girl (not that I'm a boy, more that I have no gender).

I enjoy martial arts. I've done some Aikido, Kung Fu, and Judo (mainly Aikido b/c the other lessons were few and informal). I am a violent person but I don't enjoy people's pain. I enjoy fighting because I want to be stronger and also because that feeling you get when you're tired and covered in good clean sweat from pushing yourself, with your muscles aching that ache that feels good afterward, is my idea of time well spent.

My humor can be a bit dark and morbid. I tend to be obtuse when it comes to being sensitive to others, but its not all the time. I usually keep my opinions to myself and prefer to spend time alone. However, when I'm around someone I'm familiar with, I loosen up a bit, and end up laughing a lot and acting like a dork. Most of the time, though, I calculate every move I make as if it were the key to my survival, mainly because I like to be in control of myself and don't like to be made a fool of. It's both a bad and good quality.

When I have an awful day at work, I find myself trying harder to be nice to our customers simply because it would make me feel like a hypocrite to perpetuate that awfulness. I enjoy being in nature somewhere because its so wild and alive and relaxing, but I couldn't spend forever without being able to either watch a fight or actually fight someone. I could get by for a while with an unlimited supply of books and an everlasting I-Pod.

Looking back, I thought I would look a bit different in writing that I do. Hm. So, please help me pick my poison.

I'm fresh to BPAL. I'd like recommendations for the first scent I should try.

I spend most of my time either writing or reading. It bothers me not to know something so if I hear a reference to anything I'm not familiar with, I'll usually look it up and commit it to memory. I'm stubborn as a rule, a bit lazy, and I tend to procrastinate. I also tend to pretend I'm not a girl (not that I'm a boy, more that I have no gender).

I enjoy martial arts. I've done some Aikido, Kung Fu, and Judo (mainly Aikido b/c the other lessons were few and informal). I am a violent person but I don't enjoy people's pain. I enjoy fighting because I want to be stronger and also because that feeling you get when you're tired and covered in good clean sweat from pushing yourself, with your muscles aching that ache that feels good afterward, is my idea of time well spent.

My humor can be a bit dark and morbid. I tend to be obtuse when it comes to being sensitive to others, but its not all the time. I usually keep my opinions to myself and prefer to spend time alone. However, when I'm around someone I'm familiar with, I loosen up a bit, and end up laughing a lot and acting like a dork. Most of the time, though, I calculate every move I make as if it were the key to my survival, mainly because I like to be in control of myself and don't like to be made a fool of. It's both a bad and good quality.

When I have an awful day at work, I find myself trying harder to be nice to our customers simply because it would make me feel like a hypocrite to perpetuate that awfulness. I enjoy being in nature somewhere because its so wild and alive and relaxing, but I couldn't spend forever without being able to either watch a fight or actually fight someone. I could get by for a while with an unlimited supply of books and an everlasting I-Pod.

Looking back, I thought I would look a bit different in writing that I do. Hm. So, please help me pick my poison.

I see scents of opposite in your aura. Darkness is incredibly beautiful to me. It has the depth and stubbornness of evil, but it uses it for beauty instead. (at least that's how I experience it, lol) Bengal comes off as an all full of piss and vinegar tiger but soon starts purring, rubbing foreheads and gets all contemplative. Black forest opens up with a shriek (the scent equivalent of a flying spin hook kick, if you prefer) and then mellows down to a fluid, quietly executed form.

Mojo, have you ever tried Sheol? This is totally not related to your scent preferences, but it immediately popped into my head for your personality (which I guess is kind of the point). It's very dramatic and smoky, strong, but not cloying as musk-based scents can be. The florals make it sweet amidst the darkness, which I think would speak to your kindness amidst the mystery and less social nature. I used to really love it myself since even though I dislike most florals, it was ashy/incense-y enough to be grounded.

Vibrant gladiola, graceful stargazer lily, triumphant iris and bright heliotrope flare, and is finally made somber by heavy copal, a drop of labdanum, and tonka.

For something spicy, perhaps Morocco. I feel like it's both mature and warmly inviting, plus it's one of those scents that might help inspire more confidence when interacting with others.

Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia.

To speak specifically to your dom/sadistic side, Spanked sounds almost perfect with the spicy cardamom and leather.

Whip leather, cardamom, patchouli and bourbon.

Maybe even Pallas Athene - three different spices, a bit of incense, plus soothing amber amidst grounded, woodsy base?

Antiqued amber, cumin, saffron, frankincense, Atlas cedar, myrrh, mandarin, Ceylon cinnamon bark, and osmanthus.

Thank you for the suggestions I like Morocco and just reading the description of Palles Athene I think I would like it. Sheol I am unfamiliar with, but am going to look through my imps and if I do not have it add it to my wishlist. Again thank this was fun.

My turn:

I have a huge sweet tooth and will never pass up dessert. I also collect dessert/food shaped jewelry. I have short red pixie cut hair and act as though I am a pixie when I can. I'm really young at heart I feel like a 17 year old trapped in a 30 something body...I love to make people laugh but I'm also a great listener. I'm very responsible and nurturing. But I can also get snappy if you cross me. I don't like confrontation and will cry before I yell. I love toys, creepy cute dolls, video games, tattoos, manga & anime and I obsessed with all things Halloween and Tim Burton. I love anything creepy cute.

Recs??? :wub2:

EDIT: for typos.

Edited by Vanilla323

I was hoping someone could recommend a scent for me, I'm rather new at this, don'tcha know. I would describe myself as odd. I'm looking at majoring in math (previously engineering), however I want to be a librarian. As you could probably guess from my handle, I knit and believe in fairies. I want to be seen as... lady-like, almost, but with more bite. I'm comparatively innocent; by that I mean sex is not the first thing that springs to mind during conversation, not that I am unaware of the ways of the world. Something that can be elegant, yet playful. Like a cat, or some of the older fairy tales.

Thank you for your time!

My turn:

I have a huge sweet tooth and will never pass up dessert. I also collect dessert/food shaped jewelry. I have short red pixie cut hair and act as though I am a pixie when I can. I'm really young at heart I feel like a 17 year old trapped in a 30 something body...I love to make people laugh but I'm also a great listener. I'm very responsible and nurturing. But I can also get snappy if you cross me. I don't like confrontation and will cry before I yell. I love toys, creepy cute dolls, video games, tattoos, manga & anime and I obsessed with all things Halloween and Tim Burton. I love anything creepy cute.

Recs??? :wub2:

EDIT: for typos.

Lolita, Jailbait, O, Morocco, Fae.

I was hoping someone could recommend a scent for me, I'm rather new at this, don'tcha know. I would describe myself as odd. I'm looking at majoring in math (previously engineering), however I want to be a librarian. As you could probably guess from my handle, I knit and believe in fairies. I want to be seen as... lady-like, almost, but with more bite. I'm comparatively innocent; by that I mean sex is not the first thing that springs to mind during conversation, not that I am unaware of the ways of the world. Something that can be elegant, yet playful. Like a cat, or some of the older fairy tales.

Thank you for your time!

Ave Maria Gratia Plena, Fae, Lady of Shallot.

My recs... lolita, jailbat, fae, theres a theme there, lol. Gonna go check thses all out right now! Thanks for the recs. FUN! :wub2:

EDIT: After looking them up I'm curious about Lolita, Jailbait, and O those were right up my alley. ;)

Edited by Vanilla323

Hi all, I'm completely new to BPAL (and perfumes altogether) I only have 2 decants right now. I'm open to recommendations :)

I'm bad at describing my personality, maybe I can list down some stuff I like?

Colours: Red, blue, black, white

Music: Queen, Deep Purple, Guns n Roses, 80s~90s Japanese rock acts like Luna Sea, Kuroyume, L`Arc, X. And Bach, Vivaldi

Author: Nelle Harper Lee, Lewis Carroll(guess why BPAL caught my fancy hur), Arthur Conan Doyle

Artists: Aubrey Beardsley, Hyung Tae Kim, Tetsuya Nomura, Torii Tsubaki, Kakumei-Zenya Yoh, Tatsumi Yoshihiro, Tezuka Osamu...wonder if BPAL members know them s:

TV stuff: Mythbusters, How I met your Mother, cartoons from 80s, 90 like Johny Bravo, Tom & Jerry, will I get laughed at? Haha

Stuff I do: I'm started learning the violin, I can play the electric guitar *only a little bit*, I really like to draw, just...pencil/conte and...I like drawing people, objects, places. I'm not any good though. ^^; I'm an art/design student but my school has little emphasis on traditional drawing lol ~_~ everything's about digital work...

Currently the only game I get on is TF2, though I'm no addict.

Food: Apples, Chocolates (I prefer 75%), cheese mmmm, Magnum Double Caramel ;o; apple pie and iced Milo (it's like a cold chocolate malt drink)

Things that lack appeal to me (no offense meant to their fans, just that I don't like them as much.)

Pink colour, most veggies lol, fast food joints (Macdonalds especially >.<), Carbonated drinks (Pepsi Coke Sprite etc), mosquitoes, cockroaches, crowds, soft toys, the hot weather, exercising and feeling like my lungs are burning, dirty public toilets, dust, being taxed or fined, stalkers and pervs? Not much to write here anymore eh.

I have Poisoned Apple and Viola, the former...I like it, but it's a bit too sweet, and after an entire day it mixes with my own perspiration, smells like I ate sticky candy and didn't clean up. Viola smells pleasant to me but I don't like it enough to say, "my advent for a scent for myself ceases here >:o"

Decadentroots: It's hard to guess what you'd like from your interests, but maybe you could check out the Mad Tea Party section for something that interested you? I'd suggest a foody chocolate scent that isn't too sweet or has other elements involved. Sadly I can't remember any from the GC like that, but there have been some Lupercalia scents that were based on chocolate. The Mother Shubs in particular: Mother Shub's Dark Chocolate and Pepper Caramel, among others. And there's The Seekim which is in this year's Halloweenies. I don't know if you can wear patchouli, though.

Wow, this thread is so fun. XD I might start taking notes with my imps so I can recommend things for others down the road!

I'm a college senior studying English. I love to read and write; I spend an awful lot of time with my imagination. I also adore history and other cultures (this might be because Dad is military and I've moved my entire life. The longest we lived anywhere was a 5 year stint in Germany). I'm not terribly picky about culture, either. I've learned Irish step dance, Polynesian dance (hula/Maori/Tahitian),ballet, general world dance. I love Poland, Britain and Italy and Germany and Austria and Japan and India ...good grief, I could go on forever. I think every country and every culture on this planet has something awesome about it so I'm never bored. :) The only place I'm NOT terribly fond of is Russia (we still have family in Poland and historically Russia has not been very nice).

I have no math skills whatsoever but I blame this on being left-handed and thus in my right mind. I love all the arts and have some measure of talent in most of them (play piano, sing, draw). The exception is sculpture. My Play-doh creations would make Michelangelo weep. And I think I suck as an actor, although I get very in-character when I write.

I tend to keep to myself. I' m an empath and do draw from other people's emotions, but I also find that due to moving or people getting married I lose friends constantly so I'm a little leery of attaching myself to people although I do care about them. I do not trust easily and talk to very few people about what I write or daydream. I'm not ambitious and a little lost about what I want to do with my life (aside from writing).

I can be funny and loud. I am a fashionista and a Far Side/Calvin and Hobbes fangirl and I love Disney, but most of the time I need things to be quiet and soothing and pretty. I love beautiful people, places, and things. <3

Wow, this thread is so fun. XD I might start taking notes with my imps so I can recommend things for others down the road!

I'm a college senior studying English. I love to read and write; I spend an awful lot of time with my imagination. I also adore history and other cultures (this might be because Dad is military and I've moved my entire life. The longest we lived anywhere was a 5 year stint in Germany). I'm not terribly picky about culture, either. I've learned Irish step dance, Polynesian dance (hula/Maori/Tahitian),ballet, general world dance. I love Poland, Britain and Italy and Germany and Austria and Japan and India ...good grief, I could go on forever. I think every country and every culture on this planet has something awesome about it so I'm never bored. :) The only place I'm NOT terribly fond of is Russia (we still have family in Poland and historically Russia has not been very nice).

I have no math skills whatsoever but I blame this on being left-handed and thus in my right mind. I love all the arts and have some measure of talent in most of them (play piano, sing, draw). The exception is sculpture. My Play-doh creations would make Michelangelo weep. And I think I suck as an actor, although I get very in-character when I write.

I tend to keep to myself. I' m an empath and do draw from other people's emotions, but I also find that due to moving or people getting married I lose friends constantly so I'm a little leery of attaching myself to people although I do care about them. I do not trust easily and talk to very few people about what I write or daydream. I'm not ambitious and a little lost about what I want to do with my life (aside from writing).

I can be funny and loud. I am a fashionista and a Far Side/Calvin and Hobbes fangirl and I love Disney, but most of the time I need things to be quiet and soothing and pretty. I love beautiful people, places, and things. <3

EDIT: Dang, sorry for the double post! Something apparently wigged out. O.O;

Edited by Renna

This is such a cool thread! I'm a n00b, so I can't offer any recommendations yet. But perhaps you guys can help me select the final 2 of my first 6 imp selections.

Let's see...

I'm a Pisces and I work in a vaguely-creative corporate job that sounds more exciting than it is. My personality tends to change in response to my environment and the people in it, but mostly I tend to get pegged as an old soul. My main passion is life is art - everything from doodling anime characters to realistic oil paintings. Most of my artwork features females in one way or another and I would describe my style as neo-art nouveau. I'm a bit of a dabbler when it comes to my other interests, which include writing, belly dancing, and watching sci-fi. I am constantly starting creative projects and rarely finishing them. I love playing pen&paper rpgs when I have the time. I'm married to a hard-to-peg-down gamer/mechanic who doesn't drink and believes he was a wolf in his past life. I love to cook and enjoy sushi and dark liquors. My favorite season is the fall.

Aesthetically, I am a pale, glasz-eyed (changes between blue, grey and green) gal with straight black hair. I am curvier than I realize. I tend to favor darker colors like deep purples, reds, and peacock feather colors, but I also have a soft spot for iridescents like opals and moonstones.

Edited by BoneBone24

Renna - I think the Wanderlust line would thematically fit your interests, and there's such a variety of scents there, you could probably find something you think would smell good.