Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

I do like The Lion actually. It's a very "me" kind of scent. I'll have to look up those other ones though. They have me intrigued. Thanks!

Guess I'll jump on the bandwagon ;)

I'm a 22 year old, currently in college working towards a philosophy degree and (hopefully) law after that. I have a pretty strong personality, sometimes even abrasive. I'm intelligent and argumentative, though I rarely get into serious confrontations. While I love my friends dearly, I definitely like my alone time, especially at home with a good book. I like working with my hands, and have recently gotten into ceramics. The most important things in my life are my family (including my two spoiled dogs) and friends. Independence and self-reliance are also important to me.

My favorite place to be would have to be in the woods, possibly the mountains. Trees, moss, ferns... all of it just makes me feel right somehow.

Physically I'm about 5'4", slender-medium build. I look a lot more athletic than I actually am. My hair is black-brown, my eyes are dark brown, and my skin is light olive (my friends frequently tease me for my paleness) and I'm a definite mutt, predominantly French and Iranian. Autumn is my favorite season. I love warmth, comfort, spooky things, and mystery.

Haha, think I got enough there?

Jumping on bandwagon. I'm such a newbie and would love recommendations of stuff that would fit me.

Im 21 years old, just entered university after failing repeatedly previously in college (which is a different thing than university where I live). I intend on studying Eastern Asian Studies and history. I've been living on my own for years. I took 16 years of dance classes, feel at home on a stage and only on a stage.

I've done all sorts of crazy (and sometimes stupid) stuff with my life. I did nude modelling the day I turned 18, and I backpacked around Europe. My teenage life (and by that, I mean junior high... okay, high school as well) was full of sex, drugs & rock'n'roll. I ran away, hitchhiked, started to go clubbing at 14 years old... etc etc. I calmed down once if all became pretty much legal (aka I turned 18.)

I grew up to jazz, switched over to metal and Japanese music sometimes in 5-6th grade, and switched back to more funky stuff such as gypsy punk sometimes after entering college.

I like to think I'm intelligent, tech-savvy, passionate, vehement, vindictive, rebellious and very brash.

My political affiliations lie into rather extreme anarcho-communism. I'm also wiccan and bisexual.

Physically, I'm 5'1", pretty slim but curvy, I have dark blonde hair, blue eyes, wear small glasses (think FF8's Quistis or FFXIII Jihl Nabaat, for instance).

I'm a cat person. I love reading, playing video-games, roleplaying, fashion, cosmetics, art, dancing, politics, anime, video games, cosplaying, history and japanese female idols (and loads of other things too, otherwise, I'd be boring.)

My favorite places in the world are a stage in front of thousands of people, the sanctuary of my coven, the woods near my parents house, in front of my computer, in my lover's arms, and in beautiful old cities such as Copenhagen, Tallinn and Ljubljana.

My dream is to study in Oxford, UK, one day. And I hope I can make it.

So, any ideas?

Edited by AlphaB1tch

AlphaB1tch:

*Florence - "The pearl of the Italian Renaissance. Elegant iris, bright berries, gilded amber and velvety spices." Because I feel like someone with a love for travel should have a Wanderlust blend, and Florence reminds me of beautiful old cities.

*Voodoo - "A midnight scent, evoking images of flickering golden firelight reflecting off the sheen of glistening skin and the jerking shadows of bodies suffused with spiritual ecstasy. A deep, powerful, resonant blend of myrrh, patchouli, vetiver, lime, vanilla, pine, almond and clove." Voodoo is always what I think of when I think of 'a dancer's fragrance.' And it's very sensual and fits with your love of the woods as well.

And some scents that I think of as passionate, rebellious, and womanly:

*The Illustrated Woman - "Skin musk, smoky vanilla, pine pitch, patchouli, Indian resins, golden honey, and tobacco."

*Liz - "A light, feminine vanilla floral perfume and a swirl of smoke and leather."

*Countess Willie also sounds like a potentially good fit:

"Sophisticated, dramatic, well-traveled, glamorous, and worldly, Countess Willie V. Piazza, owner of the French Studio, was a trendsetter in style and fashion. Countess Willie was an educated woman, a patron of the arts, and possessed an impressive library of rare volumes. She featured many historic jazz musicians in her House, including Tony Jackson and Jelly Roll Morton. Unlike many of her counterparts, she was known for having a kind heart and a generous, loving nature. She was fiercely protective: when a patron of her establishment, the nephew of a prominent New Orleans cleric, committed a heinous act of sadism against one of her ladies, Countess Willie shot him dead.

Chocolate plum musk, red musk, amaretto, candied fruits, and red ginger."

Awww those all sound great! Fantastic! Thanks so much!

I was already considering Liz, but all the others had escaped me. Some of those are definitely going to my next order!

This is my first real post so here goes:

I'm a personal chef, aspiring photographer, and lover of all things old. I'm a southern belle. My two favorite places in the world are New Orleans and New York City. I'm of german and irish decent. I'm 5 ft 3, with long wavy brown hair and hazel eyes. I'm very curvy, and proud of it (confident).

When I'm not cooking, I spend my day curled up with my husband, reading a book, painting, photography, or catching up with friends and family online. Some describe me as "cute" and "sweet". I'll be the first to try anything new. I tend to speak before I think, and I'm hard-headed. I over-analyze things. I worry over everything. I am a Taurus, and the description truly fits me. I'm very loyal to those I love and care for.

I'm very close to my family and although I dont have a whole lot of friends, those I do have mean the world to me. I'm also very close to my sorority sisters (Beta Sigma Phi-Louisiana Kappa Psi Chapter!!).

I'm a sucker (no pun intended) for vampire stories. I also love spending my days (with my hubby and friends) touring old plantations, New Orleans, antique shops, etc. I collect cookbooks, and old cookbooks are my favorite. I also love pin-up style. I love tattoos and have several.

I like clean scents, and strongly dislike foody scents. I also love exotic smells. Vanilla is an okay scent, just not too strong (my body chemistry really brings out any vanilla notes). I also would like something for those times I'm in one of those dark, sultry, confident moods.

Thanks so much!!

Ooh! Okay, here I go; I'm an illustration major, but what I'm really passionate about is storytelling. I want to write/illustrate young adult fantasy novels and comics. I also love drawing pinups and fashion illustrations; my favorite is burlesque style lingerie. I grew up on the stage- dance, piano, violin, theatre- so I have no problem getting up on one, but on the other hand, I'm introverted and painfully shy. I also grew up with my nose planted permanently in books, and I'm a bibliophile not only in the sense that I love good stories; I adore the smell and feel of old books. I do bookbinding as well!

I love all the arts, whether it's visual arts, performing arts, culinary arts, etc- I think good food is one of the best things about being alive. I will listen to any genre of music, but lately what I've been playing most is Cirque du Soleil soundtracks, Yann Tiersen, and weird circus or dark cabaret music, like Circus Contraption. I'm a huge Cirque du Soleil fangirl, and while I don't care much for traditional circuses, I love the circus/carnival aesthetic.

I'm too polite- it's actually something I'm trying to correct, and I'm getting better at it! I've always had problems expressing anger (I bottle it all up), but I'm getting better at that, too. I grew up in Florida, and spend half the year there for college, and half the year with my family in Hawai'i, which I love beyond words. I can't imagine life without the ocean, and I'd rather not live without mountains and lush forests too- when I'm in these places I'm so happy that my heart hurts. I hike, scuba dive, and wish more than anything that I could fly. I love the smell of forests, especially after rain.

Although I consider myself feminine, I'm finding that I really enjoy masculine and neutral scents, although I like some sweet girly ones too. I dislike florals. I'm queer and biracial, and have a really short temper when it comes to bigotry- especially the seemingly innocuous kind ("it's just a joke"). Uh, I should probably stop now, before I write a novel. Sorry!

Rumandkerosene - I know you said you disliked florals, but when you said "too polite" I thought of both Snooty Rose and Roses, Pearls, and Diamonds.

Darlingdiva27 - When I read your description I immediately thought of Jazz Funeral and Hell's Belle (which is dark and sultry without any of the spicy vanilla that seems so common in those kinds of scents)

Oliphaunt - Have you tried Samhain 2010? I absolutely love it...and I think it fits with you, especially the last sentence you wrote. It's a warm, comforting Autumn scent that has a bit of spookiness and mystery too. I even smelled some dry woodsy notes that might go with your other scent preferences.

You all sound like you'd be fun to hang out with!

I guess I'll do this for fun too :)

I'm 26 and female. I have a chemistry degree and am a lawyer, but I work as a sort of manager/supervisor of a team of lawyers and others at a big company. I pretty much only listen to the heaviest of metal, and even as a business woman can't shake my heavy eyeliner addiction. I used to play piano/synth in a black metal band in college. I'm actually quite introverted, and I love baking. I ride motocross, but I hate being dirty. I'd pick fashion over function in a heartbeat. I'm also constantly sports training due to needing the strength and stamina to deal with my bike. I'm a Pisces, and fit the description pretty well - intuitive, dreamy, sensitive, but I'm also very logic driven. I hate cities and prefer the country, especially in the winter, and the colder and snowier the better. I love reading non-fiction - especially anything physics or science based - and classics. You might be able to tell by now that I'm more into science and less into religion. I don't like movies or tv for the most part, but I can get into a hilariously bad or frighteningly good horror movie every now and then. I'm sarcastic and pessimistic, but in a realistic way more than a debbie downer way. My favorite drink is a dirty vodka martini.

As for physical characteristics, I've had my hair about every color I can think of, but now it's my natural blonde. I wear it long and wavy. I also have blue eyes and am kind of tall and slim but busty, although I don't know what that has to do with my personality. I've got to wear suits for work, but I always try to wear the most ridiculous shoes I can get away with.

I tend to like dark, spicy scents with notes like vanilla, musk, amber, and leather. However, there's a part of me that likes wet, juicy, feminine sweet scents, and sweet candy scents. I also like some crisp scents, especially if they smell like a snow covered forest. I dislike a lot of florals (turn soapy and powdery on me), but there are a few sweet florals I adore. I'm extremely open minded about scent, and I don't like limiting myself to what I think I should like.

Edited by venusinfurs

Thanks, Venus! I'm a newbie and don't have too much experience, but here are a few that I think sound good:

For your sexy, womanly side- Hollywood Babylon: The essence of innocence shattered: glittering Egyptian amber and heliotrope, infused with the sweetness of strawberry and vanilla - dragged into debauch by lusty red musk and a dribble of black cherry.

For your kick-ass, sophisticated lawyer side- Manhattan: Sexuality, power, confidence. A meeting of modern, sleek elegance and rich, passionate history: sheer amber, black leather, white mint, lemon peel, white tea, grapefruit, kush, teakwood and orchid.

And for when you're feeling outdoorsy- Black Forest: This is the captured scent of a cold, moonless night, lost deep within the darkest wood. Haunting and desolate, this scent evokes images of fairy tale tragedy and half-remembered nightmares. Thick, viscous pine with ambergris, black musk, juniper and cypress.

Hope some of these sound interesting to you! BTW, you sound pretty awesome yourself! An eyeliner-addicted, motorcross-loving lawyer? Gosh, you're like a unicorn! :lol:

New here and the number of scents is overwhelming so I'm gonna try this out.

I'm a Libra, moon sign Virgo, and rising sun Aquarius. Although that generally implies balance, I'm rather unbalanced and basically a sort of walking oxymoron. I can be quick-witted, charismatic, and decisive, but also flighty and spacy. I tend to make big decisions on impulse and am a risk-taker but I have a hard time making up my mind. I've been called a social butterfly. I find it hard to trust people completely and rarely have a fixed group of close friends but a wider circle.

The biggest influence on my life is probably music. From Jeff Buckley, Pink Floyd, Radiohead, and Spoon to the xx, Britney, and LCD Soundsystem.. it has the ability to change or heighten any mood in an instant.

My dream home (random much?)would be Molly Gunn's apartment from Uptown Girls. (she's a party girl who wakes up at 7pm and wears a tiny lampshade as a hair accessory) "..a bit of a grown up doll house...Molly's parents were rockers...having huge parties in the apartment. 'You know, people fell asleep on the floor, and when you woke up, there were ten people still asleep in the living room,'...some rock and roll staples, like shag carpet and a big round bed in the old bedroom. The flea market and shabby-chic pieces are thrown together with designer items for a whimsical feel...patterns that are inspired by Indian architecture, star motifs adorn the ceilings and floors, and light boxes add glimmer to the "shrine" of Tommy Gunn's rock star talismans."

I'm pretty athletic but petite, 5'3 with a tiny waist and curvy. I'm not really sure what color my eyes are..been told like Lake Michigan, which I'd describe as changing on the day from seafoam green to gray to glittery blue. My favorite places... London, NYC, and my hometown Chicago. Yes, I've always been interested in the Prohibition-era history of the city, Capone and all. History in general fascinates me. I love fashion, esp. fall, my favorite season.

A random scent I like is Marc Jacobs Lola- "confident and slightly vampy older sister...pink peppercorn, pear d’anjou, ruby red grapefruit, fuchsia peony, rose, geranium, vanilla, tonka bean and creamy musk"

katarina, for some reason I totally get a Pomegranate II vibe off you... The tart pomegranate and the sharp citrus notes seem like they'd be adequately spunky to keep up with your rock and roll lifestyle/attitude. :D

Here's me, if anyone feels like taking a swing:

I'm 24 and a college student at an elite women's college, working on an American Studies/Study of Women and Gender double major. I want to write my honors thesis about the navigation of gender norms in "emo" culture from 2002-2008, and one of my favourite hobbies is doing heavy theoretical readings of trashy reality television. I'm one of those people who always ends up the center of attention even if they tried not to be, and I've come to accept that I am always going to be the "weird friend" of normal people who gets to tell crazy stories at parties.

I have two fairly large tattoos, including a winged three of swords on my chest below a nautical-style banner held by two old school swallows that says "There's Something Greater There" and I can unironically say that a band saved my life. If I weren't going to be a grown up with a Real Job and thus a real salary with which to pay off my student loans and buy BPAL, I would totally run off and live in a van with a shitty band and write complex theoretical dissections of musical subcultures for the rest of my life, while ending up totally covered in ink.

Instead, it is my goal to become like Abby from NCIS, except with cultural analysis and the State Department instead of chemistry and crime solving.

I absolutely love love love smoke and clove notes (I am so goth that even my cigarettes are black) as well as vanilla (in moderation) sandalwood, and sometimes peaches and citrus, and I have a soft spot for aquatics. I can't wear anything with milk or honey in it, because they smell like death to my nose, and jasmine has a nasty habit of eating the entire world the moment it touches my skin, which is a shame, because I love the way it smells on other people/in the bottle.

"smoke and clove?" I hesitate to recommend (what I think of as) heavily masculine scents to a woman, but if you're looking for smoke and clove you might look at Rumpelstilzchen (Marchen). ("Firewood and ash with an oddly otherworldly blend of patchouli, cardamom, nutmeg, black pepper, tonka, vetiver, and myrrh.") Lots of good smoke well-blended with the spices. No clove, but the nutmeg, cardamom and myrrh all have that sweetness.

On me, it's just perfect. Worth a try for you, if the spice notes mix well with the smoke.

Today, I'm trying Troll, which has "clove smoke" in it, but I don't know if I'm ready to recommend it. I need to try it another day. It's OK, but it might be too "dark" even for me, and not as well-balanced as Rumpelstilzchen.

I've never bought anything from Bpal, and I'm trying to decide on my first purchase so I figured I might try this! haha lets see, I'm a studio arts major with an emphasis in animation and illustration. My dream is to draw comic books or to design characters for video games and cartoons. I also love sculpture. Metal, clay, paint, pencil, computer...honestly I'll work with anything you give me.

Personality wise, I'm stubborn as all hell, a bit impulsive, fiercely independent,and I am quick to laugh and joke. I make friends quickly and love to be surrounded by people but I'm also content by myself. I'll try anything once, more so now that I just got out of a long term relationship and am my own person for the first time in a long time.

I'll listen to pretty much anything music-wise. I love classical, pop, jazz, country, Celtic, rock, alternative, indie and metal (especially foreign, like Faroese and Finnish), among others.

I love nothing more than playing video games and getting my hands dirty, and I have no problem being one of the boys. But I'm a girl at heart.

I've been working really hard on some self esteem issues that I've had all my life, and finally I'm starting to feel like the strong, beautiful, sexy woman I've always wanted to be.

Any suggestions?

Same as Chyou, I'm not familiar with the scents but am trying to round up some scents for a purchase of a set of imps.

I'm 23, a grad student working on my Ph.D in infectious disease. I'm in a long term relationship and am currently engaged. Despite being younger age-wise than most of my friends I often find that I'm more mature and independent than they are and have grown up a bit faster.

I'm very close and loyal to my friends. I also get really, really overprotective of them. Definitely have some alpha female going on there. I would take a bullet or take a life for my closest friends. They're closer to me than family and I would do anything for them, even though sometimes they drive me insane. I like being social but need time at home to recharge. I don't even have to be alone, just in my own dwelling.

My fiance is my best friend, we're both huge nerds and spend lots of time with our video games. Also he can cook and the way to my heart is totally through my stomach. I tend to be rather physical in romantic relationships.

I can be rather moody at times and definitely have a temper. My parents basically sucked, so I have some emotional scars/insecurity I'm trying to work out. Other than that I'm smart, fierce, stubborn and mischeivious. I have a sarcastic sense of humor. I have a lot of determination and perseverance. A bit of a fiery personality type. One of my best friends once said to me: "You're actually pretty dark. But you hide it well." Despite this I am generally a good/kindhearted person.

I'm a city girl, through and through. I have a lot of hobbies that isolate me from other girls, mostly tabletop and video gaming. Also comic books and regular books. So in general I get on better with dudes. Close female friends are hard for me to come by. I was an art/theater geek in high school, but science has become my life.

As per smells I like lighter stuff, fruity, light floral (nothing overwhelming), amber, and some spices.

But yeah, suggestions would be awesome =)

Gosh, I just love stuff like this so maybe I'll give it a try too.

I'm 26 years old. My zodiac sign is Scorpio Sun, Scorpio Moon, and Libra Rising! I work night-shift in a lab at a hospital. I really like my job and my co-workers. I've always been kind of a night owl.

I'm pretty goofy and I can be a little absent minded too. I'm also a little bit shy when I first meet people and I tend to need a lot of "me" time. I love to sleep. Does that count as a hobby? :lol: I'm very much into video games and anime too. For anime, I'll give any genre a chance. For video games I prefer RPGs or simulation type games, but I also really love survival horror games like Silent Hill.

I love spooky, supernatural type stories. I like reading about astrology, tarot cards, ouija boards, haunted objects/places, strange dreams, all those sorts of things. Halloween is definitely my favorite time of year! I enjoy horror movies as well, although I tend to like more "psychological" horror than the gore type stuff.

I'll watch any type of movie though, the only genre I gravitate to is horror but I won't reject anything else. Some of my other favorite movies include Back to the Future, The Dark Knight, and Grease. A bit wacky, huh? :lol:

As far as music goes, I love oldies. The Moody Blues, The Beatles, Tom Petty, and the like. I'm a HUGE U2 fan. I also love Muse and Keane.

I like to dress and smell nice. I love jewelry, mostly pendants and rings. I'm a red head, and I like to keep my hair long.

As far as perfume goes my most favorite BPALs are Queen Mab, Roses Pearls & Diamonds, and Phantom Queen. The notes I like the most tend to be fruits and florals! I love rose the most! Orchid seems to do well on my skin too. I love pomegranate, grape, and apple. Really, I'll give any fruit or floral a try. I don't really like "dark" musks, but I've found BPAL blends that have "white" musk in them play very nice on my skin. I don't mind lemon scents either, but I'm not crazy about orange.

Haha, this was longer than I intended! But a lot of fun! I hope you guys can recommend some things for me that I may have over looked on my own search through BPAL.

Gosh, I just love stuff like this so maybe I'll give it a try too.

I'm 26 years old. My zodiac sign is Scorpio Sun, Scorpio Moon, and Libra Rising! I work night-shift in a lab at a hospital. I really like my job and my co-workers. I've always been kind of a night owl.

I'm pretty goofy and I can be a little absent minded too. I'm also a little bit shy when I first meet people and I tend to need a lot of "me" time. I love to sleep. Does that count as a hobby? :lol: I'm very much into video games and anime too. For anime, I'll give any genre a chance. For video games I prefer RPGs or simulation type games, but I also really love survival horror games like Silent Hill.

I love spooky, supernatural type stories. I like reading about astrology, tarot cards, ouija boards, haunted objects/places, strange dreams, all those sorts of things. Halloween is definitely my favorite time of year! I enjoy horror movies as well, although I tend to like more "psychological" horror than the gore type stuff.

I'll watch any type of movie though, the only genre I gravitate to is horror but I won't reject anything else. Some of my other favorite movies include Back to the Future, The Dark Knight, and Grease. A bit wacky, huh? :lol:

As far as music goes, I love oldies. The Moody Blues, The Beatles, Tom Petty, and the like. I'm a HUGE U2 fan. I also love Muse and Keane.

I like to dress and smell nice. I love jewelry, mostly pendants and rings. I'm a red head, and I like to keep my hair long.

As far as perfume goes my most favorite BPALs are Queen Mab, Roses Pearls & Diamonds, and Phantom Queen. The notes I like the most tend to be fruits and florals! I love rose the most! Orchid seems to do well on my skin too. I love pomegranate, grape, and apple. Really, I'll give any fruit or floral a try. I don't really like "dark" musks, but I've found BPAL blends that have "white" musk in them play very nice on my skin. I don't mind lemon scents either, but I'm not crazy about orange.

Haha, this was longer than I intended! But a lot of fun! I hope you guys can recommend some things for me that I may have over looked on my own search through BPAL.

I'm only about a month and a half into BPAL stuffs, but I'll give this a shot! We actually have a few 'likes' in common - i.e. the paranormal and psychological horror. I'm a biiiig horror fan - but like you, not so much into the gore. As far as our scent likes go, I'm pretty opposite to you!

Have you tried Encroaching Madness? It's an... odd smell on me, but I feel that it captures the 'creepy' side of my personality and I like it every now and then! It also has some floral aspects (on me, at least) and I think you might like it. Deep Rose is another one of my favorite imps - it's very, VERY rosey on me, so when I'm feeling particularly gloomy I put it on to try and pep up my mood. Maybe you'd enjoy that? I'm also a redhead, and for the redhead side of me, I like Robotic Scarab. It also puts me in the mindframe of psychological horror (and steampunk, obviously) so you might enjoy it!

As for me, I'm a 22 year old college student in Asheville, NC (also known as hippieville). I'm a Psychology major but that's mostly to cover my butt in case I decide to not go into teaching Special Education like I intend. I'm a redhead (as mentioned above) and I definitely have the temper to go along with the hair color. I am a total sweetheart for the most part, though, but it doesn't take much to set me off. I forgive too easily. I'm a HUGE horror fan and I go ghost hunting on a regular basis :] I have a very, very close group of friends who I would lay down my life for in a split second. I've been with my girlfriend for almost 2 years and she's the best - she's pretty much my nuttier counterpart and always surprises me with what goes on in her mind. I love music and drama; I used to write alot but I realized I'm not that great at it and it doesn't make me that happy anymore. I consider myself to be vaguely bohemian, in a very lazy way :P I love candy scents/sweet scents and I'm a gourmand fan to the max. I'm not a fan of moss/grave smells (they smell like cat pee on me) or choco scents (also cat pee.) I love clothes and makeup and psychology :] I'm very girly but also love a good pair of sweatpants on an off day.

Oh, and I have two black cats, Lorelei (Bitty) and Gus, who are the love of my life (aside from the fiancee, obviously!)

Any recs for me?

Also, would it be okay for me to post some for my friends, to get ideas for Christmas presents? :]

Edited by Lyn0456

Wow! I absolutely love the idea of this thread. This my first time posting (and I only just came across BPAL today!) so I'm a complete newbie and have no suggestions to give anyone else :( Hopefully in the future I'll be able to come back and help others find some suitable perfumes for themselves though. For now, I'd really appreciate some help in finding a scent that would suit me :) It's so hard because there are so many options!

I'm 18 years old and I'm from Adelaide, Australia. I'm a pisces, and I absolutely identify with my zodiac! I am extremely sensivite, haha. I'm also very emotional, and very aware of my feelings and open about them.

I was studying a double degree of Teaching (high school) and Arts (major in English) this year, but will be transferring to Teaching (early education) and Disability studies next year, because I'd really like to work with younger children, particularly ones with special needs. I love helping people in general!

I absolutely love literature! I enjoy nothing more than losing myself in a good novel. The only thing that comes close to my love for reading, I guess, is my love for art. I love to paint and draw, and I'm constantly carrying around my sketch pad to waste time in between breaks at Uni. Gelati is my favourite good! Particularly hazelnut and coconut in particular.

I'm generally extremely shy, especially around people I don't know. Even if I know someone extremely well and I am comfortable around them, I'm often still extremely quiet (it's just in my nature). I love to laugh and have a good time, but usually that involves a quiet night in with a few people than a big night out with a lot of people. I'm often told I act very mature for my age, but in saying that I embrace my inner "child" and enjoy acting like a teenager while I still can. I have a pretty dry, sarcastic sense of humour that a lot of people don't get, but I think I'm hilarious ;) I also love animals! My two dogs are my favourite 'people' in the whole world. I'm also very family oriented; I grew up in a big, Italian family and we're all extremely close. I am also known for my very long, dark red hair (unfortunately the red isn't natural :( ) and "quirky" fashion sense. I'm also not very interested in music, which all my friends assure me in very strange! haha

As for perfumes, I am absolutely HORRIBLE at recognising scents! But I do love them, even if I can't identify them. I love lighter scents, I think. I also love warming(?) ones, that remind me of winter (I love winter!) I love a lot of different floral smells, but I have no idea what they are haha. I suck, I know. I definitely don't like smells that are too over-bearing or smell kinda like alcohol (I don't drink/smoke/do drugs and I can't stand the smell of any of the above)

Any help with what scents I should try would be very much appreciated! Thanks guys xo

Wow! I absolutely love the idea of this thread. This my first time posting (and I only just came across BPAL today!) so I'm a complete newbie and have no suggestions to give anyone else :( Hopefully in the future I'll be able to come back and help others find some suitable perfumes for themselves though. For now, I'd really appreciate some help in finding a scent that would suit me :) It's so hard because there are so many options!

I'm 18 years old and I'm from Adelaide, Australia. I'm a pisces, and I absolutely identify with my zodiac! I am extremely sensivite, haha. I'm also very emotional, and very aware of my feelings and open about them.

I was studying a double degree of Teaching (high school) and Arts (major in English) this year, but will be transferring to Teaching (early education) and Disability studies next year, because I'd really like to work with younger children, particularly ones with special needs. I love helping people in general!

I absolutely love literature! I enjoy nothing more than losing myself in a good novel. The only thing that comes close to my love for reading, I guess, is my love for art. I love to paint and draw, and I'm constantly carrying around my sketch pad to waste time in between breaks at Uni. Gelati is my favourite good! Particularly hazelnut and coconut in particular.

I'm generally extremely shy, especially around people I don't know. Even if I know someone extremely well and I am comfortable around them, I'm often still extremely quiet (it's just in my nature). I love to laugh and have a good time, but usually that involves a quiet night in with a few people than a big night out with a lot of people. I'm often told I act very mature for my age, but in saying that I embrace my inner "child" and enjoy acting like a teenager while I still can. I have a pretty dry, sarcastic sense of humour that a lot of people don't get, but I think I'm hilarious ;) I also love animals! My two dogs are my favourite 'people' in the whole world. I'm also very family oriented; I grew up in a big, Italian family and we're all extremely close. I am also known for my very long, dark red hair (unfortunately the red isn't natural :( ) and "quirky" fashion sense. I'm also not very interested in music, which all my friends assure me in very strange! haha

As for perfumes, I am absolutely HORRIBLE at recognising scents! But I do love them, even if I can't identify them. I love lighter scents, I think. I also love warming(?) ones, that remind me of winter (I love winter!) I love a lot of different floral smells, but I have no idea what they are haha. I suck, I know. I definitely don't like smells that are too over-bearing or smell kinda like alcohol (I don't drink/smoke/do drugs and I can't stand the smell of any of the above)

Any help with what scents I should try would be very much appreciated! Thanks guys xo

This thread makes me so happy! After reading your post stylesclash it really reminded me of Gennivre, L'artiste du Diable from Carnaval Diabolique! I think it's mainly because of your red hair and that you're an artist :) Also Gennivre seems pretty myserious which I think fits you pretty well too!

I'm also a somewhat shy pisces. A scent I have loved since I was a teen is Egyptian Musk. I think you would like Mr. Ibis (Papyrus, vanilla flower, Egyptian musk, African musk, aloe ferox, white sandalwood). It is the truest egyptian musk in the BPAL line that I have found. It is a light scent that stays close to the skin, so it doesn't call attention to itself. It's really pretty and comforting without being showy.

Hello, everyone, I'm somewhat of a newbie, I will go ahead and try to answer these.

Olephaunt- You sound deep, stable, feminine. I suggest Jezebel, three brides, and unicorn for your forest romping.

AlphaB1tch- I think you need something a little unconventional that wouldn't be mistaken for a department store floral. Absinthe, Bastet for something sweet, and Ulalume for an otherworldly vibe.

darlingdiva27, I see something sweet and sexy- possibly a dragon's blood compound. Dragon's Milk is lovely.

rumandkerosene- Hymn to Proserpine is a rich, complex, sexy scent.. and not floral at all. if you like sort of unisex scents, thy godfathers present is sort of a nice, herby aquatic and not manly in a bad way.

venusinfurs- I'm suggesting black rider for vanilla-y, dark fragrance, and titania for a feminine fruity floral. titania is good for day, and black rider is a good nighttime scent.

katarina- this is totally instinctive, for no particular reason I want to say French Love.

hello kitty- for something fresh and original, bella donna della mia mente might be nice.

as for me-

I'm a 29 year old witch who is getting an undergrad. I've had many odd jobs. If you've read it, I think my personality is a lot like the main character Smilla in Smilla's sense of snow. I'm sort of a loner, but I want to change that. I don't have domestic inclinations. I tend to have strange sexual encounters rather than relationships. I like either younger or older men. Someday I would like to meet my partner in crime: for me love shouldn't be sitting on the couch every night watching movies, but rather wild sex, road trips and making art. I like travelling. I love the sea, and the woods, and small towns. I live alone in the forest with several cats. I work very hard but I'm also a person that my friends call at 2 am for bizarre night time adventures. I am absolutely restless and it's hard for me to sit still. I am a wiccan. I am a gym rat. lookswise people have compared me to gina gershon, mary louise parker or kari byron when I had red hair but none of that really fits, I have sort of an odd family nose. I'm not pretty exactly but sexy in sort of a dark way. I think I'm one of those people whose looks fit their personality. I like form fitting clothing but not too girly- leggings or jeans and thermal shirts in jewel colors and boots is pretty much my uniform. my hair is brown on top and hot pink underneath, it's pretty long. I generally get along with everyone but people have told me I am hard to get close to. I have been told I am hard to read. I am incredibly emotional but don't really show it. I am a pisces, but I think i fit more of my chinese zodiac, which is a rooster. I spend time outside whenever possible. Sometimes I find myself in odd situations because I go hiking alone, I can be careless at times. I sing and play keyboards. I write poetry, and I'm writing a novel. I am going to school for something completely unrelated to writing. i am pathologically afraid of being controlled or confined. I love driving, my silver saturn ion is pretty much my best friend and it gets great gas mileage. I am torn between utter communism and extreme individuallistic ayn rand libertarianism. Chaotic good, politically I suppose...

perfumewise, I like loud smack you in the face florals, anything feminine. I like bpal because I am vegetarian, they seem socially conscious as a company.

also, I have an intense fascination with Stevie Nicks.

Hmm, I guess I might give this a whirl.

For me: I'm an Aquarius with a Virgo moon. According to the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a metal monkey. I'm a nearly 30 year old high school teacher. I'm married, but I always thought I'd grow old being "the crazy old cat lady." In fact, I adore my cats like they were my children, especially since the kitties are smart enough to recognized spelled words and open doors. It's hard not to think of them as higher-order beings. I've been told by my students that I'm strange (I am one of the few teachers with red peak-a-boo streaks in the hair) and I was originally told by my principal to dress less "modern" before I was hired on.

I'm pierced and tattooed, although one would never be able to tell since I take out my piercings or hide them often. I love wearing gothy platform shoes, tasteful trouser fishnet socks, and interesting if not a little flowy dresses when I feel like putting effort into it. Often, however, I get up at 2:30 or 3am to lesson plan, so I throw on slacks and a nice blouse. I usually wear lots of black, but I'm very partial to purple as well. I've been told my aesthetic is bombastic, but I can make it work.

I have a rather dark sense of humor and I'm often rather introverted, although anyone in my professional like would testify otherwise. I adore art - I paint and craft when I'm not eye-brow deep in papers. I'm more of a homebody - I love just reading and really getting into a book - anything from Aristotle to World War Z. I'm a huge fan of H.P. Lovecraft and I thrive on bad horror films and psychological thrillers. I game and freely admit that I'm a nerd, but I also adore opera or a good night at the theater.

What scent am I?

Hmm, I guess I might give this a whirl.

For me: I'm an Aquarius with a Virgo moon. According to the Chinese Zodiac, I'm a metal monkey.-

mymymai- I am thinking something playful for you for daytime- for nights, maybe something with leather. Also- I'm going on a whim here, I would suggest either endymion or absinthe for daytime wear.

Geez second post! I'm about to place my second order EVER so I thought I'd try this first just to see what I may add to my imp list.

Well, I'm 18 years old and a senior in a little town in the Midwest. Next year I will be attending an arts college in Chicago, majoring in journalism and minoring in photography. After that I dream of becoming some kind of renegade journalist, traveling all over the world and covering all sorts of weird stories for some "cutting-edge" newspaper out West.

I have an enormous love for music. Currently I am enjoying a lot of random garage-psyche from the 60s, Bob Dylan, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, current lofi garage-psyche from San Fran, The White Stripes, anything Jack White touches with his magical hands, The Kills, garage-blues, The Black Keys, and stuff that is punk without being "punk rock" if that makes sense.

I am very set in my tastes for everything, which can be a bad thing. I don't often try a lot of new things. I also have very strong opinions on everything. I think I'm pretty easygoing and laid back, though I am very sarcastic and quite cynical.I think I am a realist as well and I don't tend to go for emotional, sappy things.

I also love to read and write. Favorite authors of mine include Hunter S. Thompson (my #1 love forever), Kurt Vonnegut, Joseph Heller, Mark Twain, and J.D. Salinger. My favorite movie is probably Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, followed closely by Fight Club, and the Darjeeling Limited (actually everything directed by Wes Anderson.)

Politically, I am a super-liberal. I actually really like politics (I know, I know) and I follow them very closely. I like "starting stuff" as my mother says, as I am not shy about voicing my opinions. I am a skeptic to the bone and an unwavering atheist although I have no problem with everyone believing whatever they want as long as no one is forcing their beliefs on me. I also love discussing religion almost as much as I love discussing politics (scandalous!)

I have been a vegetarian since I was 13 and a vegan since I was 16. I don't refrain from consuming animal products for ethical reasons though, it's because I know it is the healthiest way to eat. I have no problem with using non-vegetarian/vegan products. I'm definitely not a "militant vegan."

Scent-wise, I love sexy florals with things lurking in the background. I don't really like woody, earthy, or unisex scents, though despite this I do like patchouli but mostly as a background note to a floral. I also dislike overly white-florals. I love roses, jasmine, honeysuckle, and violet.

That's about it. So now you know me! Sorry I wrote so much. What imps shall I add to my basket?

Perfumes jumped into my head when I was reading all these, but I'll just respond to the last one.

KidMemphis: Try Salome. (Exotic and lush, brimming with grace and viciousness: almond with star jasmine, oakmoss, red sandalwood and Egyptian musk.) It's jasmine with a little bit of slink to it, and I think you might like it. Also, have a look at Spellbound (three roses, amber, and red musk.). Sexy floral, for sure.

But those recommendations are based on the notes you said you like, not the impression I got when I read what you wrote. When I was reading what you wrote, I was thinking Tezcatlipoca. I don't know why. It probably smells like no perfume you've ever tried before, and you said you don't like trying new things. But that's really what I was thinking.

And, okay, I can't resist saying this. JasminDreams, I was already thinking Titania even before I got to the part where you like feminine scents. I mean, I was really thinking Titania. Then I saw that you recommended it to someone else, so you must have tried it already. So I'm suggesting Kitsune-Tsuki. :)

ETA: Okay, one more. I'm having trouble keeping my mouth shut. :blush: mymymai: Bathsheba.

Edited by filigree_shadow