Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
CiaoBonefish

Scent Recs based on your PERSONALITY!

Sure, I'll give this a go!

I'm a lawyer studying postgrad, with an interest in maritime law and international law. I adore reading fantasy and sci-fi novels (to the extent of having to give away hundreds of books because they just would not fit in my two metre tall bookcases) with particular interests in urban mythology, cyberpunk and space opera. I'm also fond of steampunk - I seem to really like my social examinations to take place with magical stuff alongside! I also play a lot of RPG games on my consoles, draw (terribly badly) and play several musical instruments. People often describe me as superficially grumpy and sarcastic with a squishily sunny core, which I am not so sure that I agree with, but it's been coming up for years so I suppose it's got some merit. I also make terrible puns ... to the point where I am banned at work from making more than one a day.

What scent am I?

Oh dude, you are totally Antikythera Mechanism!

I'm a lawyer studying postgrad, with an interest in maritime law and international law. I adore reading fantasy and sci-fi novels (to the extent of having to give away hundreds of books because they just would not fit in my two metre tall bookcases) with particular interests in urban mythology, cyberpunk and space opera. I'm also fond of steampunk - I seem to really like my social examinations to take place with magical stuff alongside! I also play a lot of RPG games on my consoles, draw (terribly badly) and play several musical instruments. People often describe me as superficially grumpy and sarcastic with a squishily sunny core, which I am not so sure that I agree with, but it's been coming up for years so I suppose it's got some merit. I also make terrible puns ... to the point where I am banned at work from making more than one a day.

What scent am I?

Oh dude, you are totally Antikythera Mechanism!

Seconding this!

Alright, I'm a 20 year old Public Relations student. I'm pretty shy around people I don't know very well, except at work. I absolutely love animals, horror movies, bizarro/horror/thriller/mystery/graphic novels/short story collections/basically most books, and tattoos. I've been writing since I was 4 years old, and I'm currently 4 books into a 9 book series I'm writing. I love philosophy, debates, and learning about religion, despite being an atheist. Learning is something I hope to continue for the rest of my life. I love to travel. I love alternative rock, industrial metal, a lot of Eastern European rock, some hip hop, and musicals. My family and I are extremely close, and they and my friends come before anything else. I like to listen to people's problems, and I've been told that I'm a really good friend. I've struggled with depression and anxiety for a while, so I'm constantly struggling to be positive. I'm a deeply sexual person, which is something most people don't expect when they look at me. I'm also a very proud redhead and a lefty! I think I'm quite odd, but I find that I'm pretty well-liked because of that.

What scent am I?

hmmm i'm feeling cthulu in love, antikythera mechanism (it's got this sharpness but when you give it a few minutes there's a lovely sweetness underneath) and maybe maenad.

i'll play!

i was an art major, but only because i didn't know what i really wanted to do, and i've always loved art- i just don't want to do it for a living. i'm afraid it will make me not love it as much. i bartend and make jewelry on the side, very inspired by steampunk/victorian styles with a lot of filigree and laciness; lots of rough edges meeting soft curves. i read tons of fantasy and sci fi, my favorite movies are the last unicorn and the life aquatic. i'm extremely quiet and shy until i get used to people; at work or with people who know me well i tend to be very silly and sarcastic. i'm always thinking of weird random questions and irrelevant observations. i curse like a sailor but i'm super emotional and high strung. i like animals a lot more than people and dote unendingly on my four dogs.

i love this game! i'm trying to find recommendations for people but i'm not sure i've tried enough different blends to make any good ones.

anyway, here's me...

i was a theatre major, but i focused on set and properties design, and on stage management. i've always loved theatre and film, as well as music and literature - i love to sing, and i'm always in the middle of a couple books at a time. i'm a true scorpio, through and through - i'm a pretty private person, and people always tell me that i'm mysterious and they don't know what i'm thinking. i'm fiercely loyal, and while i stay cool most of the time, if you mess with my friends or family i'll definitely come after you. i'm very passionate about the things i care about, which include cooking and building fragrances, traveling, reading and writing, running (training for my first marathon), fashion and shopping, and spending time with my friends. i love wine, beer, whiskey and gin, and i can drink most guys under the table. i also smoke cigarettes, cigars and hooka, although i keep pretending i'll quit. my favorite colors are red, grey, black and dark green. my sense of humor is very dry, and i love sarcasm and wit. i'm a diagnosed (chronic primary idiopathic) insomniac, and no, hot milk doesn't help. i'm afraid of water but i love being at the beach and near the ocean, especially at night.

it seems like people have also been including physical characteristics, so...i'm a short, petite girl with curves. i have short red hair and big green eyes, and super pale skin. i've got a great ass. :smilenod:

thoughts?

Edited by megheartsshoes

Alright, I'm a 20 year old Public Relations student. I'm pretty shy around people I don't know very well, except at work. I absolutely love animals, horror movies, bizarro/horror/thriller/mystery/graphic novels/short story collections/basically most books, and tattoos. I've been writing since I was 4 years old, and I'm currently 4 books into a 9 book series I'm writing. I love philosophy, debates, and learning about religion, despite being an atheist. Learning is something I hope to continue for the rest of my life. I love to travel. I love alternative rock, industrial metal, a lot of Eastern European rock, some hip hop, and musicals. My family and I are extremely close, and they and my friends come before anything else. I like to listen to people's problems, and I've been told that I'm a really good friend. I've struggled with depression and anxiety for a while, so I'm constantly struggling to be positive. I'm a deeply sexual person, which is something most people don't expect when they look at me. I'm also a very proud redhead and a lefty! I think I'm quite odd, but I find that I'm pretty well-liked because of that.

The Wanderlust could be a good category for you, and Athens or Delphi might combine your love for philosophy and travel and learning. Kathmandu also has that exotic religious angle that might be nice. Jester is excessively cheerful, where Niflheim might suit your gloomy side if you choose to indulge ;) For a deeply sexual person, I would consider O, Bordello, or Hetairae (although Jailbait or Lolita would be a more lighthearted direction)

Let's see. I'm an actor. My three great loves are musical theatre, gender theory, and language. I live off of tea, and I'm also fond of black coffee. I'm more of an aesthete than is perhaps healthy, and although I love science, if anyone tries to get me to do mathematics or repair a machine, I recoil and rant at length about how art is the only human pursuit that is truly worthwhile, until they back away slowly and leave me to my daydreams. I currently speak a fair bit of German, and I'm slowly teaching myself Irish and Mandarin. I read too much -- mainly fantasy and sci-fi with some assorted general fiction and nonfiction thrown in. My favorite authors are Ursula K. Le Guin, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, and Patrick O'Brian. I'm a huge nerd. I love history, especially maritime history. I think too much. I'm a fairly cheerful person and get very hyperactive very quickly, and people tell me I have a good sense of humour. I'm usually a bit of a prude but occasionally come out with shockingly perverted innuendo, to the great amusement of my friends. I'm often described as being intelligent, but lacking entirely in common sense (a friend once told me I'm blond, but in the back where I can't see it). My hair is naturally black and curly, but currently dyed blue.

Hollywood Babylon would be an awesome scent for an actor! Eat Me or Perversion would be a fun secret to wear. Dorian seems like it could match the artsy indulgent side, as well as the tea -- but Miskatonic University matches the coffee and reader side of you to a tee =) For science, I would recommend the Schrodinger's Cat, which would be FUN to tell people what you're wearing.

i was an art major, but only because i didn't know what i really wanted to do, and i've always loved art- i just don't want to do it for a living. i'm afraid it will make me not love it as much. i bartend and make jewelry on the side, very inspired by steampunk/victorian styles with a lot of filigree and laciness; lots of rough edges meeting soft curves. i read tons of fantasy and sci fi, my favorite movies are the last unicorn and the life aquatic. i'm extremely quiet and shy until i get used to people; at work or with people who know me well i tend to be very silly and sarcastic. i'm always thinking of weird random questions and irrelevant observations. i curse like a sailor but i'm super emotional and high strung. i like animals a lot more than people and dote unendingly on my four dogs.

Crossroads seems fitting your your place in life right now. Ether is a delicately steampunk scent that matches your shyness and your inspirations. A silly side begs for the Mad Tea Party though: How Doth the Little Crocodile, Bread and Butterfly, Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat. High Strung Daisies might match a few of those actually -- high strung, a little silly, delicately pretty and a little random =)

i was a theatre major, but i focused on set and properties design, and on stage management. i've always loved theatre and film, as well as music and literature - i love to sing, and i'm always in the middle of a couple books at a time. i'm a true scorpio, through and through - i'm a pretty private person, and people always tell me that i'm mysterious and they don't know what i'm thinking. i'm fiercely loyal, and while i stay cool most of the time, if you mess with my friends or family i'll definitely come after you. i'm very passionate about the things i care about, which include cooking and building fragrances, traveling, reading and writing, running (training for my first marathon), fashion and shopping, and spending time with my friends. i love wine, beer, whiskey and gin, and i can drink most guys under the table. i also smoke cigarettes, cigars and hooka, although i keep pretending i'll quit. my favorite colors are red, grey, black and dark green. my sense of humor is very dry, and i love sarcasm and wit. i'm a diagnosed (chronic primary idiopathic) insomniac, and no, hot milk doesn't help. i'm afraid of water but i love being at the beach and near the ocean, especially at night.

it seems like people have also been including physical characteristics, so...i'm a short, petite girl with curves. i have short red hair and big green eyes, and super pale skin. i've got a great ass. :smilenod:

The private, mysterious, loyal, passionate and ferocious made me think the Ars Draconis. Even your favorite colors match pretty well! Dragon's Heart maybe? Vice could be a fun one for your drinking smoking loves, although Juke Joint might be a better match hehe.

i love this game! i'm trying to find recommendations for people but i'm not sure i've tried enough different blends to make any good ones.

anyway, here's me...

thoughts?

At first I was thinking Desdemona because I liked the depth of it, and for the watery feeling some people get from the scent ... I thought that it was somehow significant that you like to be near the water but are afraid of it. But then I thought it wasn't a great choice, that was totally inappropriate, there should be something darker with more, I don't how to put it, roundness to it. Not like "voluptuousness" but like a roundess with gravity and strength, the deep and slow roundness of a wave, an oceanic kind of scent. I don't know how to explain it very well. Then I thought, goddamn, BLACK PEARL. That would be perfect for you. And maybe Anne Bonney for your drier, more sarcastic side.

As for me, I'm a double major in ... haha, no. I dropped out of school when I was thirteen. I was a hustler for most of my teenage years. Now I'm just desperately unemployed. (Although good at getting money out of people, which is why I have a computer and money to burn on BPAL.) I want to become a filmmaker, I love the cinema, the cinema is the joy of my life. I like Werner Herzog, Andrej Tarkovsky, Alejandro González Iñárritu, and Frederico Fellini in particular because their films have the most intensity and life, and to me they're the most joyful films because of that. I don't like French films except for Truffaut because they're all about mind and technique instead of the cinema, which should be like living and breathing, like it has a pulse, like blood. I also like films with BMWs in them, and other kinds of cars. Aside from my cinema and that I was a prostitute, I think the only important thing left to say about me is that I loved a man and I gave myself to him entirely. I think if you know these three things about me you can make a complete picture of myself. I don't have any hobbies, but I like smoking unfiltered Russian cigarettes and drinking.

As for physical characteristics, I look like that. *points to my icon* Like I'm younger than I am, and kind of like a girl instead of like a man. I usually wear a leather jacket and my favorite thing to wear is my Iggy Pop shirt. People always think I seem like a foreigner no matter where I go, even though I still live in the city where I was born (a small industrial city on the East coast).

anyway, here's me...

thoughts?

At first I was thinking Desdemona because I liked the depth of it, and for the watery feeling some people get from the scent ... I thought that it was somehow significant that you like to be near the water but are afraid of it. But then I thought it wasn't a great choice, that was totally inappropriate, there should be something darker with more, I don't how to put it, roundness to it. Not like "voluptuousness" but like a roundess with gravity and strength, the deep and slow roundness of a wave, an oceanic kind of scent. I don't know how to explain it very well. Then I thought, goddamn, BLACK PEARL. That would be perfect for you. And maybe Anne Bonney for your drier, more sarcastic side.

As for me, I'm a double major in ... haha, no. I dropped out of school when I was thirteen. I was a hustler for most of my teenage years. Now I'm just desperately unemployed. (Although good at getting money out of people, which is why I have a computer and money to burn on BPAL.) I want to become a filmmaker, I love the cinema, the cinema is the joy of my life. I like Werner Herzog, Andrej Tarkovsky, Alejandro González Iñárritu, and Frederico Fellini in particular because their films have the most intensity and life, and to me they're the most joyful films because of that. I don't like French films except for Truffaut because they're all about mind and technique instead of the cinema, which should be like living and breathing, like it has a pulse, like blood. I also like films with BMWs in them, and other kinds of cars. Aside from my cinema and that I was a prostitute, I think the only important thing left to say about me is that I loved a man and I gave myself to him entirely. I think if you know these three things about me you can make a complete picture of myself. I don't have any hobbies, but I like smoking unfiltered Russian cigarettes and drinking.

As for physical characteristics, I look like that. *points to my icon* Like I'm younger than I am, and kind of like a girl instead of like a man. I usually wear a leather jacket and my favorite thing to wear is my Iggy Pop shirt. People always think I seem like a foreigner no matter where I go, even though I still live in the city where I was born (a small industrial city on the East coast).

Wow... what a very interesting existence. First scent that popped into my head was "Knucklebones" tobacco, rum, gin... a bit dark...and yet strangely sweet and hopeful.

What d'ya think? Was I close?

Perversion I think. Tobacco, a bit of rum, the sweetness of chardonnay, a creamy hint of tonka, and under it all the leather jacket. It has the feel of something slightly exotic and slightly feminine without being too girly. Above all, it has intensity which I think you have in spades.

As for me, I'm a tomboy. I'm the sarcastic one who's always hung out with the guys because I fit in better with them. Don't take that to mean I'm not feminine because I can be. I love leather jackets and leather corsets equally. I wore my now-husband's leather motorcycle jacket over my prom dress back in high school. I like the unexpected. I also keep my feelings carefully guarded. You'll rarely know if you hurt me, but that little slight will always be remembered.

I'm ballsy and don't back down. I'm a registered nurse and I worked in the ER until I injured myself too badly to work. I miss it. I can be a wonderfully sympathetic caretaker or a hardass, depending on the situation. I dealt with dying oncology patients and violent suspects brought in by the police with equal aplomb. It was truly my calling.

I'm an unrepentant geek. A gamer and a bookworm, I'm never far from my computer. My books are all over the place, including the computer. My BPAL is all over the computer desk too.

I adore cats. I have seven of them, and would have more if I could afford to buy the food and pay for the veterinary care. If I hadn't been a nurse, my dream would have been to work with big cats and help rehabilitate them. I love dogs as well but cats just capture my heart.

I'm tattooed and pierced and want more of each!

I often feel made up of contradictions. I think it comes of being a Gemini and born near the Cancer cusp. I tell my husband I truly have multiple personalities, at least in an astrological sense!

I'm a newb so I'm afraid I can't be very helpful with recs, but here I am:

Let's see. I'm an actor. My three great loves are musical theatre, gender theory, and language. I live off of tea, and I'm also fond of black coffee. I'm more of an aesthete than is perhaps healthy, and although I love science, if anyone tries to get me to do mathematics or repair a machine, I recoil and rant at length about how art is the only human pursuit that is truly worthwhile, until they back away slowly and leave me to my daydreams. I currently speak a fair bit of German, and I'm slowly teaching myself Irish and Mandarin. I read too much -- mainly fantasy and sci-fi with some assorted general fiction and nonfiction thrown in. My favorite authors are Ursula K. Le Guin, Terry Pratchett, Douglas Adams, Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Agatha Christie, and Patrick O'Brian. I'm a huge nerd. I love history, especially maritime history. I think too much. I'm a fairly cheerful person and get very hyperactive very quickly, and people tell me I have a good sense of humour. I'm usually a bit of a prude but occasionally come out with shockingly perverted innuendo, to the great amusement of my friends. I'm often described as being intelligent, but lacking entirely in common sense (a friend once told me I'm blond, but in the back where I can't see it). My hair is naturally black and curly, but currently dyed blue.

My first thought is Dorian, for the tea, the literary references, and a bit of intellectual aesthete. A lot of people say it's sexy, but I don't get that as much from it.

Also, there is no such thing as reading too much. It's just not possible. :D

How are people enjoying the scents that were recommended to them? The adjectives people came up with from my self-description were: serious, elusive, ephemeral, poetic, dramatic. Of the scents recommended to me I LOVE Black Lotus and also liked Ether for the hot days this summer. I haven't been able to try Rome yet. Paris I had tried before and it was OK but felt a little bubbly for me. Venice I did like but not as much as Black Lotus.

Just wondering how other people made out with their recs.

Edited by Myrrha

Just wondering how other people made out with their recs.

Well, Cordelia had already been one of my favorites, so that one was pretty spot-on. Wilde I really enjoy, but it goes a little weird on me after an hour or so (I got a used imp, though, so I'm considering getting a lab fresh one to find out if it's any different). And Saint-Germain is fabulous, though I keep forgetting how much I like it.

I'm still on the hunt for my ideal nerdy librarian scent, if anyone has any more recs. :)

Well, Cordelia had already been one of my favorites, so that one was pretty spot-on. Wilde I really enjoy, but it goes a little weird on me after an hour or so (I got a used imp, though, so I'm considering getting a lab fresh one to find out if it's any different). And Saint-Germain is fabulous, though I keep forgetting how much I like it.

I'm still on the hunt for my ideal nerdy librarian scent, if anyone has any more recs. :)

If you like woody smells at all, and I feel like that sort of matches libraries, I'd try either Anubis or Heavenly Love and Earthly Love. Might be a bit difficult to get ahold of the latter, depending on your location. I'm still fairly new to figuring out scents and notes and stuff too, so those are my best guesses for now!

If you don't like wood, maybe a soft, delicate but not overly girly-floral scent would be Eden or Queen.

:blush2: I would like to play too, if I may? I have found a few smells I like, but I don't know if I felt that any of them represented ME. So here goes:

I work at a library but even though I adore books, I don't always identify as the "librarian" type. When I was a young teenager I thought I'd be a novelist and then I went through phases of wanting to be a screenwriter, a professional bellydancer, a veterinarian, a professional seamstress, and now I think I've finally decided with seriousness that I want to study psychology. I don't want to birth children, I'd rather help ones that already exist. I want to travel to other countries to both learn and teach. Both of my parents are deceased so I have I'm very adamant about principles, especially of justice and fairness. For this reason and lots of others I'm a pretty strong feminist. I love creating things and have tried or plan to try most of the types of crafts I can think of. My Venus in Taurus also has me loving soft things, shiny things, and good-smelling things of all types.

As strongly as I feel about things, I'm also really fun-loving and embrace adventure whenever possible. It's been difficult recently due to LOTS of financial oppression, but I'm going to college again (after a bit away) in the fall and look forward to blossoming a bit more. I'm an Aries sun/Pisces moon/Leo rising so as confident and go-getting as I feel I should be, I'm often sort of insecure and end up daydreaming about being as confident and go-getting as I should be. :blush2: I have only been in the state I live in a few years and have been rather stuffed under a rock so I'm always trying to figure out how to make friends.

Oh, and I talk too much. That much is obvious though. :)

How are people enjoying the scents that were recommended to them?

My one rec was Vasilissa (to be layered with one of the Riders in order to represent a kind of girliness that wants to be badass), and the scent is great on me: creamy and a little spicy. I chickened out on the leather scents (one of these days I'll give them a go :blush: ) I don't know if it really fits personality-wise though—I don't think of myself as really being a girly girl (but I love the scent anyhow, so I don't really care ;) ) If anyone has any more ideas, let me know!

I work at a library but even though I adore books, I don't always identify as the "librarian" type. When I was a young teenager I thought I'd be a novelist and then I went through phases of wanting to be a screenwriter, a professional bellydancer, a veterinarian, a professional seamstress, and now I think I've finally decided with seriousness that I want to study psychology. I don't want to birth children, I'd rather help ones that already exist. I want to travel to other countries to both learn and teach. Both of my parents are deceased so I have I'm very adamant about principles, especially of justice and fairness. For this reason and lots of others I'm a pretty strong feminist. I love creating things and have tried or plan to try most of the types of crafts I can think of. My Venus in Taurus also has me loving soft things, shiny things, and good-smelling things of all types.

I don't know why, but I'm thinking No. 93 Engine. For some reason that scent always reminds me of bustling activity and productivity, and it seems like you're always pushing forward, trying to learn new things and go new places. :)

EDIT- Haha... I just looked back in the thread and realized that I recc'd 93 Engine to the other person I had an idea for too. Apparently I find that a very evocative scent.

Edited by Shalottian

Poking through to see if I can figure out any good rec's for folks...

@Shalottian- Black Opal may be a good fit. It is a lovely sweet, shimmering scent that is feminine without being floral and has a depth that seems to match. Sed non satia may also be an interesting fit for you. It combines light florals with a darker myrrh/musk base which to me mixed sultry with innocence.

@fabgab- You should try the Lion if you haven't (especially if you like resin!). It's a strong, confident scent imo and may help turn that daydreaming into reality. Crossroads may not be a bad fit either, theme wise at least. :)

@Raisin- Have you tried Mr. Ibis yet? It has a lovely dry parchment note to it...very fitting for a librarian if a bit serious.

@Myrrha- Haunted seems a good hit for the descriptors listed and is a lovely scent in it's own right.

@ Brilliantcat- My immediate thought was Bastet.

Not sure if my thoughts are spot on or not, but the fun is in trying!

@fabgab

That makes me think of Yvaine, as she's a very direct and focused scent. And, for when you're feeling a bit adventurous, I love layering her with Tristran, as that one smells like marching off into a glorious forest.

@Shalottian

Bow & Crown might warm you up to leather, since there's so much else going on in that one. And if smelling like one of the horsemen of the apocalypse can't make you feel a little badass, then there was never any hope anyway. :P

Thanks for the other recs, guys! I'll try to get out and sniff those. I have faith my nerdy librarian scent is out there somewhere.

Oooh! This looks fun! I tried to answer the previous questions but I don't seem to be very good at it :/

I'm kind of a serious person yet whimsical in a quiet way and love to laugh. I've always had a way with words (I'm a writer) and read horror and fantasy. Drawing comes naturally to me as well. I sang for a few years but didn't like being the center of attention. Anything supernatural or mysterious draws me including folklore, astrology, magic, theology, unexplored nature and unsolved mysteries. I have an affinity to all animals but especially birds. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love pumpkins and Autumn. I practice martial arts, yoga and belly dance. Though I'm not a complete vegetarian, I don't eat poultry or red meat. I love things that have intricate textures and rich colors.

I'm tall with long dark brown hair, pale skin and slightly slanted eyes.

Any thoughts as to what scent I would be?

Edited by Yoginispirit

Oooh! This looks fun! I tried to answer the previous questions but I don't seem to be very good at it :/

I'm kind of a serious person yet whimsical in a quiet way and love to laugh. I've always had a way with words (I'm a writer) and read horror and fantasy. Drawing comes naturally to me as well. I sang for a few years but didn't like being the center of attention. Anything supernatural or mysterious draws me including folklore, astrology, magic, theology, unexplored nature and unsolved mysteries. I have an affinity to all animals but especially birds. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I love pumpkins and Autumn. I practice martial arts, yoga and belly dance. Though I'm not a complete vegetarian, I don't eat poultry or red meat. I love things that have intricate textures and rich colors.

I haven't smelled a lot of scents yet, or have much familiarity with the ones I have smelled, but I'm sure there has to be a perfect scent that embodies a mystical, mysterious spirit like that. :) Between the mysterious and the autumn smell, I'm going to say 13. ...And crud, I just realized every 13 is different! Haha, okay, I'm talking about 13 from June 2008. Which doesn't help much I guess! I had one once, but traded it away for I think Beltane 2008, which I liked even less, but used on Beltanes as part of the celebration at least. I imagine you'll get lots of good 'Weenie recommendations.

Erisea, you may have hit it on the mark! Bastet has been on my wishlist since day one but I've yet to order her. The notes are perfection for me and it definitely would suit me so good call! I can't wait to get ahold of her and skin-test!

Yoginispirit, Raven Moon immediately comes to mind. I, of course, associate ravens with Poe so that would suit your literary and folkloric bent I think. Affinity to birds, absolutely! I also associate ravens and crows with Halloween and autumn and Raven Moon, while not a Weenie, is a nice scent for autumn. Honestly it's one of my favorite scents and I think it hits on all your main points. Don't let the patchouli scare you off, it's very much in the background and there's not a hint of dirty hippie feet. I HATE most patchouli notes (except the lab's, they turn to wonderful on me). I think the spice in it would be lovely on you.

Thanks Fabgab and Brilliantcat!

Fabgab: I do have the 13 with the thyme in it..uh I think it was Feb 2009? And I looove that one. :D

And it's funny you should suggest Raven Moon Brilliantcat because I bought the Tee since I love the theme but was afraid to try the oil because of the patchouli! Herbs and resins are suuuuper strong on me but the spice and other notes do sound beautiful so I will attempt to find some. If it doesn't work I can always put it in a locket.

Edited because I can't stand my own grammatical errors :)

Edited by Yoginispirit

I happen to have acquired a bottle of Raven Moon so I have a sniffie/tester from my empty decant I can send you if you like :D Send me a pm with your address and I'll send it on out! Then you see if it works for you or not.

Ok well this should be interesting, i don't find describing my self at all easy but i will try!

I am 24 years old photographer, strictly darkroom, i am a great printer and printed professionally for 6 years but i am going back to school with scholarships to pursue my own work more thoroughly. I shoot iconic American images, a bit gritty, generally focusing on ordinary life, i am generally detached from my images, although the personal factor is that i am strictly grounded on the non-exotic.

I have a great love films in particular some directors i adore are ingmar bergman, fassbinder, early werner herzog, eric rohmer, david cronenburg, mike leigh, bella tarr, andrei tarkovsky, and david lynch (and many many many more) i collect films and i prefer the heady or psychological film that focus on human interactions, emotions, torture and relationships.

I love beer. I am a vegetarian. most of my friends are male. i am incredibly sexual. i date and live with an insane painter. I openly discuss extremely sexual acts. I over examine absolutely everything in life, yet i don't take life or society too seriously. I've been often referred to as a deviant, libertine, old fashioned or a hedonist. I am into cats, i work at lush, i am a lush, completely over indulgent and frivolous with my money. I am incredibly good to my close friends but only have a few. Too blatantly blunt and honest at times...

My favorite musicians are tom waits, nick cave, leadbelly, woody guthrie, nina simone, and elliott smith, but i am into all music and have a large vinyl collection and a million cds and i am anti-i-pod.

I am a regular at an old baltimore tavern that caters to the strangest people you can imagine but once you are in, it is as good as cheers.

Physically, i am brown hair, brown eyed, i wear cat eyes liquid liner and red lipstick and i have a beauty mark on my cheek. i am average-curvy in size. I have 1950's decorative cat eye glasses in which i wear when i have to read or am in school.

Lets see what this brings in!... thanks for reading :)

Morocco, Ouija, Samhain, Bien Loin D'ici, Salome, Scherezade

Edited by lookingglass

Ok well this should be interesting, i don't find describing my self at all easy but i will try!

I am 24 years old photographer, strictly darkroom, i am a great printer and printed professionally for 6 years but i am going back to school with scholarships to pursue my own work more thoroughly. I shoot iconic American images, a bit gritty, generally focusing on ordinary life, i am generally detached from my images, although the personal factor is that i am strictly grounded on the non-exotic.

I have a great love films in particular some directors i adore are ingmar bergman, fassbinder, early werner herzog, eric rohmer, david cronenburg, mike leigh, bella tarr, andrei tarkovsky, and david lynch (and many many many more) i collect films and i prefer the heady or psychological film that focus on human interactions, emotions, torture and relationships.

I love beer. I am a vegetarian. most of my friends are male. i am incredibly sexual. i date and live with an insane painter. I openly discuss extremely sexual acts. I over examine absolutely everything in life, yet i don't take life or society too seriously. I've been often referred to as a deviant, libertine, old fashioned or a hedonist. I am into cats, i work at lush, i am a lush, completely over indulgent and frivolous with my money. I am incredibly good to my close friends but only have a few. Too blatantly blunt and honest at times...

My favorite musicians are tom waits, nick cave, leadbelly, woody guthrie, nina simone, and elliott smith, but i am into all music and have a large vinyl collection and a million cds and i am anti-i-pod.

I am a regular at an old baltimore tavern that caters to the strangest people you can imagine but once you are in, it is as good as cheers.

Physically, i am brown hair, brown eyed, i wear cat eyes liquid liner and red lipstick and i have a beauty mark on my cheek. i am average-curvy in size. I have 1950's decorative cat eye glasses in which i wear when i have to read or am in school.

Lets see what this brings in!... thanks for reading :)

I would say try Libertine but I don't actually get a "libertine" vibe from Libertine. Do love the name though!

I'm thinking something with tobacco and/or booze in it for you. I haven't smelled either of these but going off of notes and generally saucy theme, maybe:

Perversion - Smoky rum and black tobacco with a whisper of steamy leather with a splash of crystalline chardonnay, layered over a sensual, sweet, and deceptively magnetic base of tonka.

or even maybe

Wanda is the breathtakingly beautiful sable-wrapped marble queen of Sacher-Masoch's fantasies. Her scent is a deep red merlot with a faint hint of leather, sexual musk and body heat over crushed roses, violets and myrtle.

What a kick-ass thread!

Ok, 1st my recommendations for others - and Im not scent aficionado! So if it seems weird, it may be!:

khazakantI believe I want to send you two scents that you would love: Bluebeard and Blood Kiss, complex, wit some masculine flair, but definitely unisex in my book. I'd also suggest seeing what you think of Sara Pezzini (witchblade) another complex, gritty sweet scent. Check out The Traveler too - a unique, rustic leather. Maybe Mary Read.

Meirion I dont know why, but Anne Bonny and Robin Goodfellow seem like something you need to try. Also the Lion and Elegba.

Bonny Have you tried Little Bird? - its light and sweet, and quiet

megheartsshoes you need something full-bodied, spicy and rich! I suggest Clemence, Tintagel, Blood Kiss, and Sed non Satiata

occursboozey notes or a scent as strong as you that will be subtle cause you dont want something representing you - try Banned in Boston, oblivion, Jazz Funeral, Port au Prince

Okay - so about me:

lots about me is a paradox -its not easy figuring out what I should write! So I'll list my paradoxes first:

- Im a Reiki energy healer working for the highest good of humanity who is also an anarchist and believes in EarthFirst! and other radical groups who value earth first.

- I have nonstop endless ideas, plans and imagination to create whatever I want, but am now too sick to do so.

- I love soft mother of pearl opalescent colors as well as Dark, blood red, and the greens of a deep forest.

- Im equally at home living as a filthy hippie at a Rainbow gathering, not bathing for week as I am wearing precious jewels, fine silk velvet, and dining at a 5 star eatery.

- I hate violence but love swords and chivalry

My heros are my husband, Gandhi, Sara Pezzini in WItchblade (played by Yancy Butler), Joan of ARc, Nelson Mandela, and myself.

Love animals and the wild places more than humanity - yet I get lonely far too easily.

I hope that if I get senile when Im old I'll fall into my private Tolkien world in Middle Earth, and sail away to the Gray Havens.

My favorite styles are renaissance, total hippie, Scottish island, 1940's, and aristocrat

Background in theatre & acting, a degree in Natural Resources

I have 2 ultimate dreams currently: my husband and I have 2 kids, and then find our dream old farm home in a Vermont or western Oregon valley, complete with alpacas, goats, ducks and chickens - where we build me a beautiful floor-to-ceiling windowed weaving studio. The other one is to travel to Italy, Greece, Siberia, and Scotland, and not come back.

Aries sun, Capricorn Moon, Venus/Merc in Pisces, Sag rising, Virgo pluto/midheaven

Whew - what the hell did I just write??

Anybody? This whole BPAL thing has been confusing as heck for me.