Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Deadly Nightshade Honey

Deadly nightshade honey.

Sharp green floral right after application. It's intriguing to my nose as it dries, being bitter green one moment and then sometimes softer when a waft of golden honey mingles with the nightshade.

I really like this one...it's a very well-balanced blend of honey, florals, and a green note. This is the one of these I'll be most likely to wear again. Very pretty!

In the imp: A bright green spring note with honey.

Wet: The honey note is being swept aside by not only the green note, but also that faint baby powder scent that I get from amber occasionally. I know that amber isn't listed as a note, but that's the scent that I'm getting. This fact doesn't make me happy.

The dry-down: I kept hoping for a nutty quality, the sort of faint nut-scent that one sometimes gets from mushrooms, especially when dried or lightly sauteed in a pat of butter, but that never appeared, much to my chagrin. Instead, I still get the green note, though a bit muted by the honey, and that baby powder scent of the amber. It's pretty enough, but probably not for me. Might try it in a scent locket.

Wow, first page! :D

In Bottle: Greenery and honey, with a hint of berry.

Wet on skin: Mostly honey, with the green and berry smell in the background.

Drydown (3 minutes): I kinda smell a bit of spice along with everything. Mostly it's just a rich honey scent.

Drydown (5 minutes): It's very sharp and sweet and soft all at once. I still mostly get honey from this, with a teeny hint of the nightshade plant and berries. I think I'm in love.

Overall Impression: Why did this not come into my life sooner!? I LOVE this scent. I was slathering it on me all day long, and everyone was telling me how awesome I smelled.

In the bottle, this is a faint greenish scent. On my skin, it's mostly that sharper green scent with a bit of honey wafting around underneath. We'll see how this goes. Ends up mellowing into... chamomile? oO I've got Door, so I'm fine there.

Edited by Venneh

imp: bright and green with a juicy undertone. oh, and some honey.

wet: this is very pretty! a very strong and sweet honey scent with the snap of greenery behind it keeping it from being too sweet.

dry: an almost flowery honey scent. i like this way more than i was expecting, this may be a bottle purchase...

Out of the bottle, something dark almost herbal, not that sweet.

On the dry down, oh this grows beautifully! The honey really emerges and really goes well with the nightshade. It's a hint of spicy-herb but floral too, a deep and dark scent. Wow, I love this one. Sweet scents really work for me, but this is one that's not too floral and foody. Reminiscent of some of the wine based scents.

This reminds me of another bpal scent that I cannot place, and it's making me crazy :/. I get a slightly bitter, almost soapy greenery that also smells rather watery (almost grassy, almost evergreen, almost cucumber, but not quite any of those things). As it dries down, this is sweet honey and a watery, green, slightly floral smell. The cool, watery aspects smell a bit like a man's cologne on me.

I think that Deadly Nightshade Honey is my least favorite of the 4 current honey blends in R's Garden. It smells very strange and mismatched on me...

Effervescent floral green honey. It's the champagne note I remember from Bon Vivant mixed with a white/green floral and sweet sweet honey. Apparently this one likes me...

The florals go slightly soapy on the drydown, but all the new Apiary scents seem to tend towards that. More linen/cotton clean soapy than soap soapy. Think soft honey cotton.

I thought I wasn't going to like this one because in the imp it's very sharp green like a lot of RG scents. However this is a winner for anyone that loves sweet clean cottony smells!

Sharp tangy, almost citruss-y green honey. It's fresh, tart, and not very sweet. It also feels very kinda aquatic.

In the Imp: sweet, refreshing, with a hint of mustiness

Wet on Skin: bright and sweet, with a hint of a spicy evergreen note

While Drying: I'm liking this one so far

After a Little While: bright, sweet, every so slightly spicy

Later: mainly honey, powdery sweet; quick fade; lingering scent has a hint of the nightshade

Final Thoughts: This is my favorite of the Apiary blends so far. I don't like Nightshade alone, and the honey addition improves it quite a bit. Hopefully age will make this last a bit longer. I'm glad this is GC.

Deadly Nightshade Honey earns a 4.5/5 on my skin.

this is my favorite out of the honeys so far...bright, light green, and slightly floral with a sweet hit behind it. it almost smells fruity to my nose. it's very light though not faint. i think this may be my new favorite honey blend behind crib girls. it's very clean without being ozone or aquatics.

In the bottle – An interestingly sweet and sharp honey with a very dark backdrop

Wet on me – That dark, almost berrylike purple scent with the rich sweet undertone of the honey

Dry on me – A dark sensuous honey with a heady ‘perfume’ top to it

Overall – A very grown up, sophisticated honey scent

I would’ve never imagined liking this on me so much! I got it as a frimp, and when I smelled it in the imp it was very green and almost medicinal- I didn’t smell any honey, and I set it aside. I skin-tested it on a whim this morning and WOW does it love my skin chemistry. I historically have had problems wearing honey (a la O), but this is amazing. When it’s first on I do get more of the green, medicine smell which quickly morphs to a Sweetarts smell. As soon as it’s dry, however, it smells like the softest sweet floral honey- slightly powdery but not dry or in a bad way. It has nice throw and decent lasting power. It may end up being bottle-worthy. Yay for frimps!

This has a decent honey smell, not like some of the other honeys i tried, but it's almost like baby honey. It's not powdery, it's just a light delicate baby scent. Wearing this would make me feel fresh and clean, like I was pure and just born. Nothing in this is sharp, green or tangy on me. I don't think it's a bottle purchase, but it is my second favorite of the honeys so far.

i think i tried all the honeys that came out and of all of them, this one is the one i like the best. it smells like a true honey on me, not overly sweet but as if i just opened a jar of honey and that's the smell. there's almost a "dryness" to it, but on me it truly smells like a jar of honey.

i intend to try all the new honeys, too, just as soon as my budget allows. :eek:

Out of all of the honeys so far, this is the one I found most wearable. It's got honey, dark greenery but something that smells almost spicy/smoky. Very sexy. It's got the same vibe as Gun Moll and Voodoo Queen (no components that are truly alike), but more in the feel of it. Dark, mysterious, womanly, deadly.

Not to be trifled with.

Deadly baby powder. :lol: Right out of the bottle, there was something sharp that honestly smelled like wasp spray! That faded almost at once, thank goodness, and a non-sweet pollen note emerged along with some greenery. However, on drydown it went very powdery. Laurel Honey had a touch of powder as well, but this is moreso. I think I will try it on my sister, whose chemistry is quite different from mine, and see if it smells more "edgy" as I was hoping.

Oooh. This is wonderful! On me, it smells very similar to Fairy Wine. It's sweet and sticky, but it has a nice greenness to it, too. Like Fairy Wine, it is a bit fruity, but not in a cloying, headache-inducing way. It's sparkling, but dark.. :wub2: I think I may need to get a bottle of this.

ETA: Two hours later, Deadly Nightshade Honey has dried down to be identical to Fairy Wine.

Edited by plainjean

This smells like something hazy, powdery, and slightly stingy in that sort of metallic perfumey way. Plus honey. Yep, I know. It's not supposed to smell like that. Beats me. But really, that's what I smell. It strongly reminds me of my grandmother's dresser where she kept her dusting powder and silver brush.

I was hoping for a green, herbal sort of honey scent based on other's descriptions, but that's not quite what I'm getting. To me, the greenish notes are not sharp green, but more like warm, wet green. It brings to mind images of wilted plants in summer heat. This one is not for me.

Freshly applied, I get a great juicy berry note from this with a little bitty touch of white florals and spice. It smells more purple and white to me than the sharp greenness that other reviewers have described.

As it dries the honey starts to come out more strongly and make it seriously sweet, like orange blossom honey. Now I can smell a sort of leafy greenness. The fruit/berry note is still pretty strong.

Deadly Nightshade Honey opens up with an incredibly sharp green note (like being hit with a fresh green switch <_<) and warm honey that fiercely compete for scent dominance on my arm. The initial wet stage can be quite cloying, and I was sorely tempted to scrub it off when I decided to wait another 20 minutes or so. I'm glad I did, as the notes have finally stopped fighting each and joined together in lovely harmony. :yum: The sweetness of the honey is grounded and softened by the herbs, and on the other hand the honey sweetens/lifts the herbs from the borderline cut-grass initial stage. Deadly Nightshade Honey is beautiful during its long dry down (it's been about 2 hours), but its obnoxious wet stage will keep me from buying a bottle and merely hold onto my imp.

I love this! On me, it starts out with a somewhat spicy, green layer over a strong honey smell, and eventually dries down to just plain honey, but not too cloyingly sweet for my tastes. Actually, the entire time I tried it, I would have said it just smelled like plain honey, nothing more complicated than that, but comparing the dried version of the perfume to the freshly applied version made the green notes much more evident, and I think whatever the “deadly nightshade” smell is helps tone down the honey a little. Just delicious.