Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GoldenRubee

Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey

Jerusalem cherry infused honey.

For the first hour, I could have sworn Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey was Planting Moon without the dirt component. Crisp and green, it's like a stroll through a well-tended vegetable garden. After an hour on my skin, it faded to a soft powdery honey on my skin. it's not for me, but I know just who my partial bottle is going to.

ME! :D
I had the same feelings that Ralenth did, except that this IS my thing. Green and honey. It gets a little softer as I wear it, but I don't lose the green vine goodness. Totally a hit for me.

In the bottle: HONEY HONEY HONEY TOMATO PLANT HONEY

Wet on wrist: Very heavy on the vegetable garden tomato vine smell, and the honey seeps in at the edges. Very similar to Planting Moon, minus the dirt :wub2:

On the drydown: Alas, it fades very quickly on me, and after about 10 minutes, my wrist smells faintly of honey.

It's a very spicy honey. It gets powdery, but not bad because of the thick clinging base. Honey with herbs.

In the Decant: sweet, maybe a touch musty

Wet on Skin: sweet and earthy, I get a bit of the tomato stem vibe; quite different from imp

While Drying: picking up a sharp and almost floral note

After a Little While: I think some aging would do this blend some good.

Later: fast fade; a vegetative honey

Final Thoughts: not the tomato smell I was hoping for

Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey earns a 2.5/5 on my skin.

In the bottle – A bright green, sappy honey

Wet on me – Green still, like broken nettle stems

Dry on me – A dark, dusky, almost smoky honey

Overall – A dry, unusual honey scent

when i first put this on, it smelled green and lush (no honey), really reminiscent of the smell that comes off tomato leaves on my hands when i'm messing around in the garden. i am surprised by how much i like this stage! as it mellows, goes from reminding me of a tomato soap (i think it was burt's bees?) to an herbal shampoo. all three stages of this dry down is really interesting... but then, POOF ITS GONE! and all i am left with is a sweet wisp of herbs, so faint and undetectable, i am sorry to see it go so quickly!

too bad, i was quite enjoying this garden romp.

In the imp a sharp green smell. Tomato plant on steroids.

On the skin it really blooms. The tomato plant is fresher and the honey is now apparent. It has a really great throw.

There is something kind of earthy and beautiful about this one. I'm kind of huffing my arm.

This one is interesting - its got a green, tomato plantish vibe esp. on wet. It dries to a green honey. Interesting.

Wow this really is tomato plants.with a little sweetness a little as it dries down. I like this a lot, unusual, different and I can't stop sniffing my arm.

Tomato vines! This smells just like walking into a tomato garden and it makes me remember when I use to help my Great Uncle Jack with his. Unfortunately, its longevity and intensity is practically nonexistent on my skin. :(

Edited by musichappens

Given the so-so reviews on this, I was shocked to put on JC Honey and love it. On me it's an dark, thick honey that mellows the sharp, green scent of tomato plants. I didn't really get any sense of a cherry tomato itself, just the plant it grows on. Anyone who's worked in a garden can tell you that a tomato plant has a really unique scent, and Beth totally nailed it. After awhile, it almost seemed like there was a smidgen of a dirt note in JC Honey, as though the scent of the tomato plant came from right next to fresh, dark soil.

...and in reading this back, it doesn't sound very nice at all, but I found it incredibly pleasant. It was really hot today, but JC honey stayed earthy, sweet and fresh, and it had a lovely honey scent without turning into a suffocating honey cloud (and I amp honey, so this says something).

Very green and gardeny. Like sitting in my grandpa's garden in the summer sun. There is a definite tomato note in there. A little sweetness of honey but it is very slight. Very expected as a fragrance.

This is fucking amazing! I read reviews, and it's even better than I expected. This is the sweetest tomato plant, at dusk, still hot from the day but not pungent. There's more honey in the bottle than on my skin, but it is GOOD! Quite a bit of throw on me, we'll see how long it lasts. . .

ETA: It lasts! About 12 hours later it is still distinct and the same. YAY!

Edited by bloody sore

In imp: I sniffed this before I knew the title (as the decant I received was very, very smudged), and I had no knowledge of whatever notes were inside. A strong, sweet scent, faintly musky, but definitely green in a nice way. I could faintly make out “honey” in the label, and I found the rest after and compared against available reviews.

Wet on skin: it’s turned into a dry kind of sweetness, definitely a mix of the Jerusalem cherry and honey—slightly tarty, but full and round with the honey. Interestingly, my mother and sister almost immediately said “sunblock lotion!” when they smelled it on me. Err?

Dry: slightly powdery, but sweet, with a green note, but it’s more honey than anything else right now to me—the tartness is almost all gone. It’s a very interesting scent, just a shade before “too powdery”. I’ll have to wait a bit more and see if it morphs even more after an hour or two.

Verdict: definitely wearable, but I’ll have to think first if it’s bottle worthy especially since it’s an LE.

In The Imp: Oh YEAH, this sure is tomato leaf1 I grew up with tomatoes growing in the back yard every summer, and this is the smell, alright.

Wet On Skin: Wow. Just...wow. The green of the leaf, the slight sweetness of a sunwarmed tomato, it's all here. :thud:

Dry Down: This is the tomato I wanted Ushi to be and just wasn't on me. Warm and green and just like being in a veggie garden in mid summer.

In All: Just lovely.

:wub2:

In the imp: Tomato plants! Made me rather peckish.

Wet: Really yummy and fresh tomatoes, straight off the vine... and honey.

Dry: A green, earthy tomato scent mixed with honey to create something infinitely novel and surprisingly wearable.

In the bottle: Sweet, round honey with a strong greenery component. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's more of the same. I'd call the greenery of this scent more pronounced than in Deadly Nightshade Honey but more deep and earthy than the green note I get from Laurel Honey. It doesn't smell like tomato plants, really, to me. (There are tomato plants in my backyard right now. It's not the same.) 

It's a very pretty summer honey scent, soft and mellow and earthy. It's not overly sweet or cloying but also without the sharpness that comes with some green notes in honey.