Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GoldenRubee

Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey

Jerusalem cherry infused honey.

I was expecting a sweet soft cherry scent with this oil. No cherry, no honey, just straight green viney scent on me. I was really surprised in my research to learn that Jerusalem Cherry is closely related to the cherry tomato and that was after I applied it.! I thought it would morph into a sweet scent like the Yew Oil did, no such luck.

When I was younger I spent the summer trying to earn extra money by picking tomatoes from a local rancher. My hands, nails and arms smelled exactly like this for weeks! This is this exact smell of the rich green tomato vines. I don't know if it is because I have bad memories of my picking days that I can't get past because this is the first time I have ever had to wash off an oil. If you are a gardener you will probably love this.

Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey - In the bottle and when first applied to my skin, this smells awesomely like warm, fresh-from-the-vine tomatoes. It's the best, most dead-on tomato scent I've ever encountered. It even has that little bit of green tang to it that tomatoes have at the top where they were separated from the vine. It's really amazing. As it dries on my skin, the tomato scent dissipates quickly, leaving a lovely, incredibly subtle honey scent that has the slightest hint of barely-there greenery. It's really beautiful, but way too subtle for my taste in perfumes. Still, I love the scent when it's wet. It makes me want to rush out to the nursery and buy some tomato plants to plant in my garden this spring!

I have to agree. Wet on my skin this is very much like green vines & tomatoes. I get no honey until the oil begins to dry on my skin. Dry on my skin it's green plant & honey, but still a bit sharp.

Wet this seems to be all fresh tomato and tomato leaf--not what I was expecting at all, and definitely not my type of scent. However, it does change as it dries down; the honey takes over and the sharp tomato/vine scent turns into a tangy berry that resembles red currant. I don't know if I'm going to be able to stand the initial tomato stage; I'll have to see how this ages.

Surprise it's a tomato! It's funny because I was thinking cherry, but this is a nice surprise.

With my summertime planting around the corner I am totally going to wear this all the time.

very green/garden/tomato. I don't find it harsh or too green. Maybe since it has the honey note and no dirt note I find it very wearable.

Really green, really sharp on me, a bit of fruit in there somewhere along with the honey, both on my skin and in the bottle. Not optimistic about this. Green and sharp, not for me.

Edited by Venneh

Wet it's very sharp and green like a leafy plant. As it dries it smells like fake cherry cough scent.

In bottle: Super green and sharp!

Wet on skin: Ahhh, freshly picked green tomatoes and still very sharp.

Dry on skin: It's softened a bit and smells like clover and tomatoes. An interesting scent but I don't know if I can go through the green sharp stage every time I wear it.

I'm not sure it's wearable, but I love whiffing it! For me there's really no honey to this at all, it's very green, and not sweet, the smell is a fascinating combination to my nose of tomato plants and bell pepper. Actually, I take it back, I will wear this, just likely not out and about. This is a *fantastic* gardening scent.

eta: dry, it's still green plants, but I do get a bit of sweetness poking out now.

Edited by skyelyric

This is yummy. I like. But not enough to buy a bottle. Anyway...

First on, it is really sharp and herbally. There is a rich honey note down at the bottom. Then it blossoms. The herbs get sweet and fruity (tomatoes, afterall) and the honey lightens to match that sweet herbal scent. It's very nice and summery.

Not something I would wear though.

wet: oh, I agree, very sharp and green and herbacious! Not really tomato-plant-y as something more wild and non-edible.

as it's drying I'm still waiting for the honey. . maybe a little bit of sweetness in the background as it's drying down. But very little. It's kinda nice . I smell like I've been tending my garden, as I should.

This smells exactly like tomato plants to me. Spicy, sun-warmed greenery :wub:. It doesn't change at all in the bottle or on my skin.

Jerusalem Cherry makes me smell like I rolled around in a garden full of tomato plants (no earth or dirt smell, though, and I don't get any honey from this either). I love the smell of tomato plants, and this scent reminds me of my father and all the time he spent in the garden when I was little <3.

I don't know that I need a full bottle of this (love it, but I don't know if I'll ever want to slather myself in the scent of tomato plants), but I'm sooo happy to have a decant, at least.

I really couldn't believe that this would really smell like tomato plants but now I have my decants and it REALLY smells like that.

When it's very green and smells like my grandma's vegetable garden in a bottle.

I got whiffs of honey when it dried down and dry it smells like blossoms and nectar! The smell is fantastic. Very faint I still get the green vegetable smell, but I have to concentrate on it.

When wet I thought I would be satisfied with the decant but now I'm not so sure anymore, as it smells so good when it's dry.

This reminds me of one of my favorite pumpkin patch blends. Pumpkin with tomato leaf. Jerusalem Cherry infused Honey is tomato plants with a slight sweetness. It's fresh, crisp, sharp, and extremely green. As with most honey blends, their is an underlying herbal/medicinal feel, which blends fantastically with Jersulem Cherry. :wub2: I definitely need a bottle of this.

I love this one when it's wet. Very green and outdoors smelling with a hint of honey. As it dries though it goes kind of flat and stale smelling. Boo. :(

At first, this is green tomato leaf. I scent that reminds me of gardening, but not something that I want to smell like! After a bit, it smells more like smushed weeds, and less like tomato leaf. After about 40 minutes, the honey *finally* comes out, and it is the one of the lab's that I adore. The weed phase is too much for me, though, and I get an odd fungus smell that comes and goes with the glorious honey. Not for me, but it really is quite unique.

For the first hour, I could have sworn Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey was Planting Moon without the dirt component. Crisp and green, it's like a stroll through a well-tended vegetable garden. After an hour on my skin, it faded to a soft powdery honey on my skin. it's not for me, but I know just who my partial bottle is going to.

Yesssss! I got my wish (kinda) for something that smells like ground cherries!

Wet: Green, viney, sweet, juicy, slightly acidic top note, and fresh smelling without going into baby powder or girly territory.

Drydown: tomato/ground cherry smell is still there..There's something coming out that smells like orchid to me. Also, for some strange reason there's also a green pumpkin note? Glad to see Schmoozy got the same feel.. I'm not crazy! yay! hahahaa ;)

This is strange and unfamiliar without being scary or disorienting. Love it.

When this first goes on, it smells like fly spray mixed with cherry and honey. If it actually were a fly spray, it might be a pleasant alternative to the other stinky varieties of fly spray.. but as a perfume - not really working for me.

The honey here is quite sharp and green, there's definitely a garden-like feel to this one. The cherry is surprisingly subtle, and it does meld nicely with the honey after a while but overall this isn't really blowing my skirt up. The fly spray aroma never quite goes away, and nothing else comes forward to make an impression. As with all the other Infused Honey blends that I've tried, this one is at its best about an hour in - but I just can't deal with that first hour of fly spray to get to the good part.

So green! So sharp! Kind of like capsicum! Mixed in with freshly picked chilli! I want to give it a bite! But it's not really wearable, for me.

I'm glad my nose isn't playing tricks on me! Hubby picked this one as my tester today expecting it to smell like cherries and all I got was sharp, herbal green at first, like newly mown grass. It softened into a creamy, rich honey with undertones of the herbally vine scent and maybe a touch of musk. He (and I) loved it after it warmed up and the honey started to come through. I doubt I'll buy a bottle but I will love and use my decant.

I agree with everyone's first reaction that it is very much like a vegetable garden/tomato vine in the imp.

But when I put it on, it turns into soap on me. Very fresh and clean, but still soap nonetheless. As it dried down (quickly) it lightened up but something more floral came out. but only for a brief time before it disappeared after 2 hours at most.

Jerusalem Cherry Infused Honey-

In Bottle: Honey and pine.

Wet: Almost mentholated pine, with honey underneath.

Dry: Pine and menthol are gone within minutes. Honey with a very light floral undertone all the way through. Not a foodie honey scent but a light and sweet one.

Overall: Pretty light honey scent.