Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
angelicruin

Doll's Eye Infused Honey

Doll's eye infused honey.

Bitter marigolds and honey. BAAAH. Edited by zankoku_zen

Strange. I agree with the herbal honey assessment. The crazy part is I get spearmint on the exhale.

This is really an oddball. I might love it but it is so unusual I need to think on it.

Very medicinal with just a hint of minty, herbaliness. The throw and intensity of this blend on my skin is very, very strong and the lasting power of it seems to be infinite … too bad I'm not fond of it. -_-

i get the same slightly minty honey as the other reviewers. it smells a little "dry" on me, too. i tried all the honeys when they came out, and i chose 5 mls of this and deadly nightshade honey "sight-unsniffed". I chose wisely since Dolls Eye and Deadly Nightshade (Rapcinni's Garden) were the two i liked the best. doll's eye smells a little more herbaceous and not as sweet as deadly nightshade, so i have a "good, sweet" honey (nightshade) and a spiky, slighty devilish honey (dolls eye), depending.

i do intend to try all the newly released honeys just as soon as my budget allows it :eek:

Minty White honey...while wet.

Drydown...this goes from white honey till funky butt munching dried honey...with a minty twist. Not a fan. :(

Apparently Doll's Eye's is a type of Baneberry. Not that I know what Baneberry smells like, but I was at least familiar with the plant :)

Anyway, on me, this is much like others said: a soft, minty herbal scent with a hint of sweetness that is not necessarily honey (ie. is not the rich, heady honey BPAL SN honey). I do like it, actually, but it is quite different than the honey scents in the GC category, which are heavier on the Lab's honey note (a note I love!)

For me this is mostly a sweet minty herbal. Reminds me a bit of pennyroyal without the fizziness.

Instantaneously got smelly flowers. Looking through the reviews marigolds make total sense. Not an appealing fragrance to me.

I've tested many of these since the LE honey and Rappaccini's Apiary were introduced.. this is one of my favorites.

Mental picture: Smells like a malevolent evil child dressed in a tea party dress and pinafore quietly playing in a witch's garden. Instinct tells you to turn around and walk away... the sweetest most innocent honey out of the bunch with a dark dark core.

Wet this smells a like green herbs, honey, and dirty mint, but it dries down to... Stinky. Honey and baby powder and milk. With a little bit of green. My boyfriend too thought it smelled like Stinky so it wasn't just me. Stinky is one of my faves, so I might be tracking down a bottle of this to get a variation on it.

Doll's Eye Infused Honey

On: Herbal honey. Lovely.

2 hours later: Powdery honey with an herbal undertone.

Overall: This is a pretty straightforward, sweet honey scent on me. Not overpowering or sticky, but...lovely. I'm so glad I have a bottle and I'll definitely be wearing it a lot.

Wet, this smells like a crisp white floral, I can just get the faintest whiff of honey in the background. This dries off to a slightly powder-y, sweet honey--very pretty, but wholly unremarkable.

Edited by delighted

Sharp smell in the vial takes me off guard. It's a medicinal, poisonous-smelling honey, just liked advertised. My husband sniffs it and proclaims that it smells like Ricola's Honey-Echinacea cough drops.

So! Overall, it's successfully evocative, but not quite appropriate for everyday wear. Aaand it dries down to baby powder on me, alas.

Verdict: 2 out of 5.

This smells like lightly honeyed peppermint tea and I'm absolutely in love with it. This is a perfect scent for spring and summer, light and refreshing.

I received this from a Goblin Grab Barrel bag from the Trading Post back in 2015... and only got around to trying it recently.

In the imp: Minty, herbal honey.

Wet: Same, with the soft mint note being stronger on my skin. But then the mint note gains a licorice-y vibe.

Dry: I feared that this contained the Lab's pennyroyal note and that it would go into headache territory for me, but the mint note calmed down somewhat, and now I'm pretty sure it is spearmint. This ended up being a spearmint-y, floral honey.

Verdict: This one isn't my cup of tea, but I'm glad I was able to try it!

In the bottle: Honey, slightly herbal, slightly minty. 

On my skin:

Wet, the herbal quality comes out first, followed by the slight mint. Neither are overwhelming. As it dries, the herbalness and mint sort of combine to form a more coherent note. Imagine, maybe, a large mint plant that smelled both like mint and traditional greenery. The mint also has a wafting aspect that's hitting my in the back of my nasal passage, but it's not harsh. The sweetness of honey is barely detectable in the background.

Ninety minutes or so after application, the mint has gradually faded away, so I'm left with a soft, very faintly minty scent. The mint keeps it from going too cloying or heady like honey can sometimes do. This might be a nice, fresh honey for summer months. 

This is very heavy mint on me with a drizzle of honey. Not getting any other notes but these two, this imp is about a decade old now anyway. It's pretty simple, but I'm enjoying it! 

I wish the honey was a bit more dominant on me since Fairy Bites is my go to for mint. But I'd still reach for this if I want to add a touch of mint for layering. Will keep this around for sure!

Trying from a bottle I bought labeled 2010.

Wet: Mint toothpaste.

Sort of dry: Brewed mint tea.

Mostly dry: Herbally with some not unpleasant tea astringency.

Dry: Softer mint tea with herbs and that sweet dry grass thing that happens in the summer when it gets hot.

It's not bad but I don't know if I could wear this.

edit: 3 hours later it's honeyed baby powder with the ghost of mint.

Edited by DigitalCoyote