Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Three Witches

Warm cinnamon, husky clove and white pepper.

(Resurrected version)
On me, this is pretty much just sweet cinnamon. (I amp sweet like whoa though.) In the wet stage, it looks like maybe the clove is planning to fight the cinnamon, but it pretty much backs off and is just a faint undertone if I huff my wrist. This would probably work better on someone who didn't turn everything into candy.

While cleaning out my swap box I ran across some of this, in an old blue bottle. Not sure even where it came from. I never tried it, that I can recall. Maybe because it's described as foody, and foodies don't do it for me.

In bottle--spices and at first a weird something like bubblegum! :eek:

Wet on skin--lovely spices, and really not foody on me at all.

Dry--still warm and spicy. I like!

It smells like Hell in the bottle (literally! To paraphrase Ralph Wiggum, "smells like burning"), but once it is on and has dried it's a lovely, sharp cinnamon. Warm and cozy and lovely.

Edited by savage_rose

Pretty sure I am testing the original version. At first while still wet I hate this. Redhots, so spicy. Then while I am not paying attention it dries down to sweet cinnamony sugar, kinda foody. Very pleasant. Red hots are all gone, just nice sweet cinnamony spices.

In the bottle: Cinnamon and clove, with a dash of pepper. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's the spice of cinnamon red hots, minus the sugar. As it dries, I can pick out the clove and pepper as well. It's a more complex version of what I think of as well blended "cinnamon spice" commercial scent. It smells like more than just cinnamon to me, though I wouldn't fault anyone who just called it cinnamon. 

After a while, I even get clove becoming a little more prominent than cinnamon, which, as a clove lover, suits me just fine. 

It remains to be seen how much I'll want to wear this on its own -- though it's definitely a possibility -- but I'm most excited to try this out with oils like some of my simpler honey blends. 

I wasn't sure what to think of this by the notes alone but someone I share fragrance tastes with talks very highly of this so I decided to give it a go when I saw a bottle.

This is sugared cinnamons and clove with a small bit of pepper! Cinnamon and clove are definitely very prominent on me, and when I first apply, it's all about that cinnamon spice. Throughout the wear the sweetness that wasn't present in the beginning comes out. The clove starts to settle down a bit, and the cinnamon becomes sugary. It never turns into a hyperrealistic food scent on me, but in the dry down stages, it is very sweet and cozy and vaguely foody. It's very comforting in the same way I find these kind of spicy-sweet type blends usually are, yet it has a bit of an edge to it from the cloves in the opening.

I love this. If you love oriental spicy scents and all things cinnamon, and you are fine with clove and sugar, this is a great scent.