Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Three Witches

Warm cinnamon, husky clove and white pepper.

three witches smells like i've been cooking up something yummy. i can smell the cinnamon and clove with just a hint of the pepper. if there was a hint of apples or pumpkin, it'd smell like just baked pie!

yes, I made ice cream based on this perfume. it reminds me of dipthyque's l'eau without such a heavy cinnamon note. white pepper is most prominent here, spicey and crisp. the cinnamon rounds it out somewhat, a verry upper-nose scent, driving and intense.

this is one of my favourites and i was hoping it would be because the name is kick ass! when i'm feeling a little spicy, putting this on does the trick. if you're into cinnamon you'll love this perfume.

If you are a fan of Lush's Pied de Pepper or Skinny Dip, you'll love this one. All I could smell were cloves with a hint of cinnamon. I couldn't detect the white pepper at all. Clove fans can happily bask in this bewitching brew :P

If a scent could be a season,Three Witches would be fall. What i mean is that it smells like a cool,windy autumn day on which one has spent the day indoors cooking spicy treats-chai tea and pumpkin pie come to mind,even though there's no tea or pumpkin listed in the description. The only problem that i had was that this scent *burned* when i applied it-too bad because the smell is oh-so-yummy.

I liked Three Witches in the bottle, but I have a little problem with all of the BPAL scents I've tried that contain a strong note of cinnamon. Cinnamon is one of those scents that, on me, will "take" to the point of drowning out all of the other notes in a fragrance, and sadly this was no exception. Even the normally strong scent of clove vanished on me within an hour, and I ended up smelling like cinnamon red-hots.

Oh I so wanted to love this truly I did. Smells wonderfully fall and cinnamonish in the bottle and once put on but after it settled it smelled like a stale sugar cookie on me and the smell (thankfully) faded after a relatively short time. I seem to have the same issue that Koumori has...Cinammon tends to be the number one note one can smell on me. So up for swap it goes.

I do agree with Sarah that it smells a bit like Lush's Skinny Dip shower gel so if you're a fan of that you might want to try layering the two!

mmm... just got this in a swap. yum.

to me it smells exactly like hot spiced cider -- without the cider. it's cinnamony, but not the way you think of cinnamon gum or candy -- it's like a cinnamon stick you swirl in cider.

it's almost foody, but not quite. i definitely like.

Initial Impression:

I can really smell the pepper here, the cloves too but not as much. Oddly I don't smell the cinnamon as much. Reminds me of a christmas-type candle.

After Wearing It:

The pepper is realy prominent on me, pepper mixed with a light clove note. Very spicy, but I don't find it to be too foody. As it wears on the cinnamon reveals itself and the scent sweetens up a bit, but it's still very peppery. I like this, but it didn't last so well on me, but then the last few scents haven't so I'm wondering if it's because of a change in the weather or my body chemistry.

Final Thoughts:

Good fiery scent. Might be good for days when I need to feel unyielding and fiery.

to me it smells exactly like hot spiced cider -- without the cider.  it's cinnamony, but not the way you think of cinnamon gum or candy -- it's like a cinnamon stick you swirl in cider.

On me it smells like hot spiced cider *with* the cider. The apple note is there, I'm sure of it! :P

I smell so delicious. I'm craving spiced cider just from being around myself. I put it on 3 hours ago, and it doesn't show any signs of fading or changing.

I am *so* getting a big bottle of this.

On me, the clove note was the the most dominant, tied with the cinnamon. Hardly any pepper in sight. I love the smell of cloves. It evokes the feeling of a hot whiskey to me, very comforting.

I really liked the scent of this in the vial and was terribly disappointed to only get the clove note when I put it on. There was no trace of the cinnamon or white pepper on me at all :P

I love the way cinnamon and cloves smell, but I don't really want to smell like this! It's very strong when first put on, but fades a little bit fast.

I also don't think this is what the Three Witches should smell like.

Smelled like cinnamon and pepper in the imp, but on my skin, it became Red Hots and stayed that way. My body chemistry wouldn't work with it and it's not my sort of scent anyway.

I can really smell the cinnamon. I can't really smell anything else. :P :D This is great!!! I really like it.

Three Witches is very powerful. Fiery cinnamon burning your fear, and sharp clove awakening your senses. This is the best to wear to sleep, events or parties at night. This is a very comforting smell.

*who will give you, mother's smile

who will give you back the soul of the earth*

I was afraid of this scent, and put off trying it for a long, long time - I don't do well with cloves, and couldn't imagine this to be light on them.

Luckily,with my body chemistry, the cloves are light. Heavy on the cinnamon, some pepper, and just a hint of cloves makes this absolutely yummy. Heavy on the cinnamon also means a little red patch where I applied ... not good. Will try with the apricot kernel oil as a carrier next time around - I want to be able to use up this Imp! :P

I like. I get a strong hit of cinnamon, and can detect the other spices too. As it stays on, it rounds out into a sweeter, very candle-like scent which I don't mind at all, cause it's like I'm burning one of the spice candles I love in the room with me. Like Envy, this is an extremely good focusing/working oil for me. I just did a little incantation from the opening scene of Macbeth as I dabbed it on my wrists and set about a long night of work on my Shakespeare masters thesis, which happens to be about witches and Macbeth (yes this is in fact my area!) so it should be good.

A great oil for cooking up an intellectual project, for me, because it conjures a spicy/kitcheny vibe that seems to put me in touch with centuries of female inventiveness and creativity and reminds me that even though what I'm cooking up on my word processor isn't quite the same, it is in fact connected to all of those billions of projects that came before.

Fire burn and cauldron bubble! :P

First Impression: Merry Christmas, me!

Second Impression: This blend is perfectly balanced. All three of the notes are in harmony and just lovely. Three Witches almost crosses over into the foody category.

Final Analysis: I want my house and me to smell like this from December 1 through to December 31. This is a perfect Yultide scent.

This was nothing but cinnamon on me. I kept waiting for it to morph into something else but it never did. All cinnamon, all the time. It was quite strong and it lasted for a long time.

It was a nice cinnamon smell but cinnamon just isn't me.:P

Sniff test: Ooo, yummy! Can smell the pepper and clove and cinnamon.

On me: Smells WONDERFUL, the clove and pepper really sing. Unfortunately, like anything with cinnamon in it, it burns my skin way too badly to wear. Which is a shame, because I really like the way it smells on me. Maybe a wearable vial, or on my clothing.

On hubby: Talk about differences in body chemistry. On him, it's red hots. Sweet sweet cinnamon, too sweet. I was so hoping he could wear this well, because clove and cinnamon are two of his favourites, but it's just way too sweet on him. Neither of us were fond of it on him. No hint of pepper to it on him at all.

Drydown: On him, it just kept getting sweeter. The burn lingered on me to the point that I finally had to wash it off.

Final: I think this one will be a room scent. Blend with a little wax in a burner, or with some Everclear for the sheets.

Love it, just can't wear it. :P

This was a scent I selected in my second order of Imp's Ears -- I was very excited about this one, since I adore spicy scents, and my fiance loves the smell of cinnamon.

In the vial: The clove note was the strongest to me upon my first sniff, but the cinnamon and pepper were definitely in there as well. Smelling this in the vial made me hungry. This is a very warm fragrance.

On the skin: The cinnamon note came up a bit more once this one was on, but the clove was still easily detectable. I was pleased with the fact that the cinnamon smelled genuine, not like the fake red cinnamon-bear scent, but more of a cinnamon-stick. Although this scent faded a bit as time passed, it didn't do so terribly quickly, nor did it fade down to undetectable. Over the course of several hours, I didn't notice any real change in the qulity of he scent, just the intensity.

Final decision: I love this stuff. I will definitely be getting a larger bottle when finances allow for it. I commented in my LiveJournal some time ago that I wished there were a perfume oil that smelled like Bengal Spice tea, and this is pretty darn close -- all it's missing is the vanilla undernote.

In the vial: Cinnamon red hots. That's what this smells like. I don't smell an ounce of the other scents.

Wet: There's still that overwhelming cinnamon, but there's something else fighting to get to the surface.

Dry: The cinnamon mellows out and allows the clove to come through. There's just enough of a hint of pepper to make the whole thing spicy. The "wafting" factor is mostly cinnamon, but the clove and pepper show up from time to time. I smell like a most wonderful witch's brew. It sort of smells like the altar oil my coven uses.

I was afraid that this one would burn me, as I've not got the best track record with oils that contain cinnamon. I end up with red welty things all over where I applied the oil. This one doesn't burn at all. Though, it's been making my upper lip and nose tingly from time to time.

In the inp, Three Witches immediatly reminded me of Lush's Wiccy Magic Muscles, whose scent I like a lot.

I applied liberally- wrists, elbows, cleavage, neck. After one or two minutes, it started burning rather badly, but only on my elbow crease. Go figure! Anyway, a good dose of body lotion took care of that, because this smelled so delicious there was no way I was going to wash it off!

Cinnamon and pepper were the two main notes on my skin. No clove, much to my despair since I love it, but oh well. This is a warm and invigorating scent, with a dryness to it that prevents it from being overly foody. Much more layered and multi-dimensional than Inferno in my opinion (on me, Inferno was very close to being a cinnamon single note).

It faded fast on my skin, which doesn't really matter since Three Witches is actually the perfect cinnamon room scent I have been looking for.

A keeper!