Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Three Witches

Warm cinnamon, husky clove and white pepper.

I smell like Halloween! :P

I smell mostly clove and cinnamon in the vial, and on me. This is gorgeous, and I bet it would also smell really fantastic layered with another scent. A keeper, for sure! Spicy, hot, but not too hot on the skin.

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): Mmmmm … clove cigarettes, clove gum. It smells so yummy I can almost taste it. I only hope the cinnamon comes out later, as I am still awaiting that perfect cinnamon scent.

Initial Dry (8:30-10:30am): Well, I’m not enveloped in clove as intense as I was when I first applied the oil, but it is still there. Not really detecting anything else. If I sniff my wrist, I smell the pepper and a bit of the cinnamon. Oooohhh … very nice.

Throughout the Day (10:30am-4pm): This tones down so much that now I only catch faint whiffs of spice. It is still predominantly clove, but the cinnamon and white pepper are there. It is slowly dissipating. I shall have to remember to carry the imp with me next time for re-application – and most certainly will reapply before I go out tonight.

I saved this scent for last because I knew I would love it so much. Definitely ordering a big bottle of this.

It is every bit as good as I'd hoped it would be! The cinnamon is the most prominent note, then the clove, with the white pepper hiding in the background.

My 6 year old daughter came into the room a few minutes ago and said, "Mom, what's that good smell?' I let her smell my wrist and she said, "That smells awesome! Put some on me!" (Yeah, she's a BPAL customer in training) :P

I am buying a 5 ml and wearing this from October through Thanksgiving!

First sniff: Three Witches smells exactly like a cinnamon broom.

Wearing: Mmmm. Mulling spices and Christmas potpourri. It’s all cinnamon if I sniff my wrist directly, but the aura is deeper, rounder, more complex, with maybe a tiny hint of baked apples underneath. It’s a pleasant scent, but not something I particularly want to smell like.

Mmmmm. Warm spicy cinnamon. I can't really smell the cloves at all, but I'm sure they're adding to the overall enjoyment. I'm very much in love with this scent, and it sticks with me all day, even after a trip to the gym.

Interestingly, a friend tried it, and on her it was entirely cloves. I was a little jealous. Hee.

This one was quite nice on me - smelled like fall. Spicy cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg - really gorgeous. Perfect Halloween scent. This was what I wanted Jack to be for me.

Didn't really change much from wet to dry stages, which was a good thing for me because I loved the wet scent.

I'll need another imp of this, as my best friend fell in love with it and I sent her off with mine.

Very strong cinnamon smell when first applied joined almost immediately by the clove. Mmm clove balls!!

As this dries I start to smell the pepper and the clove and cinnamon are blending more together; for a long time I could only smell the clove.

Once completely dry I can mainly smell the pepper; the clove is just detectable in the background and the cinnamon has disappeared.

My wrist is slightly pink; Beth was right as usual, I must have a slight sensitivity to cinnamon oil, I just wish I could still smell it in this perfume!!

After an hour or so this smells like cinnamon spice biscuits Gorgeous! I’ll either use a carrier oils or use it in a burner but I really like the smell of this.

Oh yeah, and the pinkness has gone :P

Something yummy this way comes!!! :D :bounce: I was so excited about this one; it was the first of my autumn imp order to try out. Brian smelled mostly clove when I put it on, but I got all 3 notes in perfect balance and I'm delighted; it's just what I expected.

This'll be good for the Ren Fest, for Samhain if I can't afford the LE, and perfect for experimental layering--I want to go try it with Jack for a pumpkin pie effect, and then with Dana O'Shee for a spicy-cookie smell, and so on and so on. :P

I have to agree with the few review I skimmed, this smell absolutely like fall. The scents remind me of apple cider, clove cigerettes, and just has that crisp scent that the fall brings.

Being that atutumn is my absolutely favorite time of the year I was quite pleased. I was having a bad day when I tried this scent, but after I applied it the mood changed. I was all smiles just thinking about all the great things of the fall and in my mind picturing the trees changing into the vibrant fall colors. It worked very well with my body chemistry and lasted a good long time.

Recomendation: OMG if you really like clove scents you have to order this one for it is a great scent and well worth it.

i received this imp as a gift from the beautiful silverangel.

i put it on pretty much immediately. on the wand, it smelled EXACTLY like autumn to me. everything was in perfect harmony, the oil was balanced. on my wrist, the cinnamon kicked up pretty hardcore, and all i can say is that i'm glad my skin isn't sensitive to cinnamon! it smelled beautiful. 15 minutes later, i can smell the cloves, and the cinnamon has softened.

overall, this is an absolutely stunning scent, and i'm glad i have a bottle of it on the way.

Three Witches ~

Cinnamon is very strong on me, the cloves a little bit lighter, and the pepper just tickles my nose. As many others here have stated, it smells like the Holidays! Cinnamon Brooms, and all the spices that go in Cider or Pumpkin Pie. Another I will be adding to my "Buy a bigger bottle" list!

I need a 10ml of Three Witches, like, yesterday.

My skin is very tolerant of cinnamon [no burning here, folks], and it likes to amp up clove, so I smell like CLOVE with just a touch of cinnamon.

It's a very soft scent for being as spicy as it is, though, and you have to be right up against my wrist to even hardly smell it.

I love this one an extraordinary amount, lemme tell ya!

smells yummy first one, all the spices, notably cinnamon come out. Reminds me a bit of a candle scent. I really like this one at first, however the cinammon is a bit too fiery for me and I don't really like the whiffs I get off it through out the day. Some scents make me feel really crisp and clean, this one sadly made me feel sort of dirty and icky.

I think I'll try this one as a room scent instead.

At first this smelled identical to Chimera on me - a heavy syrupy-sweet cinnamon that made me drowsy. Luckily it dried down to allow the clove to surface and then it smelled a little darker and sharper. But on the whole this reminds me of a cinnamon donut dipped in hot cider; a delicious autumn smell.

Three Witches didn't turn out to be exactly what I was hoping for, but it DID turn out to be just about the most perfect Winter/Fall room scent you could ever hope for. :P

This scent is all cinnamon all the way. The reason I was a bit disappointed is the cinnamon is a very sweet, candy sort of cinnamon smell. Like a handful of melting Red Hot candies. I was hoping for a bit more spice and not so much sweet. So I don't forsee myself wearing this one all that often.

But I do plan on buying a 5ml of Three Witches because if you put it in an oil burner/heater it is simply fantastic! It made my house smell so cozy and warm. And that way I'll have enough of it that I can wear it now and then when the mood strikes.

oh purr purr purr...

Lots of cinnamon and clove in the bottle, on me the clove is predominant (Happy happy yay!) with an undernote of cinnamon and the pepper keeping this from being too sweet. It does sweeten a bit as it mellows but it's less a baking scent and more of a spicey one. Absolutely gorgeous and strong - a little goes a long way. I'll be sending my spare imp of this to the beloved as he also loves clove.

mmm yumyum definite keeper.

I wasn't expecting anything quite this sweet with Three Witches. It smells exactly like the Reed Cinnamon candies my grandfather used to carry around in his pocket. Nice, but doesn't appeal to me as a perfume, it's kind of a potpourri smell, like you are walking through a craft store.

Spice, spice and more spice. This is like sticking my head into my spice cupboard. The three blend together so well it's hard to tell at first which I'm sniffing, because it shifts between the pepper, cinnamon and clove. Cinnamon stick, not red-hot type.

Ahem.

On Theravada's rec, I put it on my skin right away....and watched it quickly turn in to freaking red hots! Argh. Like spicy burn the nose red hots. Sigh. I wanted to like this one so badly!

Ten minutes later, it's also making me itch. Argh again!

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this yet, as it's one of the first BPAL scents I fell in love with and got a big bottle of.

It's the perfect, warm, crisp spicy scent. Just vibrates with warming cinnamon. I never want to run out of this. At first I used it mostly as a room scent; however, lately I've been wearing it as a perfume, and I can't stop sniffing myself when I do. It's perfect to layer, especially with the voodoo oils or some of the sweeter, fruity ones, to give them more bite and depth. However, it's gorgeous on it's own -- it makes me feel alert and fresh and warm, and gives a warm glow to my whole day.

:P

I purchased a 10 ml unsniffed and received an imp from Phaedrine. I love spicy, so I gotta love this, right?

In the bottle: Woo! Cloves!! Definite hit of spice. I'll have to try this in a diffuser.

On, I'm able to detect a bit of cinnamon, but I'm still getting mainly clove. This one reminds me of Lush's Wiccy Magic massage bar (rather than Skinny Dip), neither of which I use for scent alone.

In time, the scent mellows considerably. Nice. But it needs a little more--sweetness? I will have to try layering to see what I can come up with.

I purchased Three Witches unsmelled from ebonykawai and I am so glad I did.

Holy moly, Three Witches is g-o-o-d! The cinnamon doesn't "bite" me which is fabulous, and the whole blend smells like warm cinnamon and cloves (I don't get much of the pepper). It's so warm and comforting - the first day I wore it was very cold and rainy which was absolutely perfect. It lasts for ages as well (a good 12 hours). A perfect spicy huggy blend.

Edited by Miggins

Three Witches... YUM!

The Three Witches has been an oil I've really been eager to try, and I'm not disappointed by any means. I had actually expected the fragrance to be more biting than comforting. The clove is the predominant scent that I pick out, but the other elements blend well. The cinnamon isn't red-hot, the pepper just makes it warm and, dare I say, happy.

It's a beautiful fragrance for the holidays, evocative of fresh-baked cookies or spicy cider. This is a definite keeper, and one to go on my big-bottle list.

-doreen

Mmm, this is good! I was afraid Three Witches would be burnt and dry, but it's good! This smells like Pumpkin & Spice from Dark Candles. There is something buttery and pleasing about this. It doesn't seem to be burning my skin, which I am very thankful for. I'm going to layer this with Bliss. I think I'm going to need more!

I really like this.

I was amazed the first time I smelled it by how I could pick out the clove, cinnamon and pepper in turn all in the same inhalation. I love getting the dark, slow sweetness of clove and the white pepper's bright, sharp pang at the same time.

As others have said, this reminds me of warm, yummy things baking away. I imagine this is the smell you'd get if you stuck your head inside a spice cabinet.

Wearing this just makes me feel good. Warm, but (or maybe this is just the name influencing me) in a powerful as opposed to fuzzy way.

This isn't at all what I would imagine the three witches to smell like, but I have to admit, when I sniff it, it does seem strangely fitting.

Unfortunately on me this is *just* cinnamon - and it's Big Red gum too, not a nice cinnamon cookie. I really can't smell the clove or pepper at all. I think cinnamon might be a note I have to avoid in future because it really overpowers everything else once it hits my skin.