Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

No notes listed or given.

In the imp: Very bright in tone, some ozone, maybe something like sage, mint, lemongrass.

Wet: Very like as in the imp. Strong throw! Perhaps a faint touch of sap or a citrus note.

The dry-down: This doesn't really morph. I like it, and will share with the bf. Lies on the masculine side of unisex. It could perk one up on a rainy summer day. Could have been one of the Metal Phoenixes.

Big hit of metal and ozone on wet. And as it dries, still metallic but more along the lines of a citrus male cologne - definitely with a hint of green. I find it very cool, and the citrus makes me think of lime, as opposed to either lemon/orange. Too masculine for my taste, and a bit too rare for me to try and entice mr. zee_zee to wear it.

I agree that this has the same vibe as the Metal Phoenixes. I wonder if one of the components in this isn't elemi.

Aquatic mens cologne. Maybe mens deodorant?

While I like wearing more masculine scents, I'm not into the aquatic mens type of scent...however...my husband is! I have a feeling this work well on him :)

Tin foil Hat = Clean Man skin

In bottle: Very ozone aftershave, sort of pale green and clean smelling. I’m liking the tin note. I am suspecting lavender fugere. Wet: As in the bottle, but richer, a touch aquatic, and muskier, but that could just be my skin. ;) I wonder if there’s a touch of linen in this, but it’s faint enough I could be wrong. Dry: I like the ozone/metallic/aquatic mix this is sporting. It keeps most of it’s proportions, though the centrql tin note fades faster than the ozone.

Yes, this was bright metallic and ozone on my skin. Not really my thing unfortunately. Metallic scents tend to go to soap on me, and this was no exception.

I mostly smell citrus on this one... I get a kinda sharp metallic smell in the background, along with maybe some ozone, but the prominent note on me is citrus.

Tin Foil Hat smelled fabulous when I opened the imp, very green and icy cold, and I couldn't wait to put some on. It's dried down into something very sexy and masculine. I'm glad I only used a drop, as this scent isn't kidding around: it's right in your face. As it dries more, I smell something woody...cedar, maybe, very far away?

I wish that this came in a full size...it would be lovely to use in the laundry this winter.

Decant: aquatic-y with some clean cucumber in this

Wet on Me: FAB U LUST! clean and aquatic-y still and that cucumber.

Drying Down: some mint starts to bloom a bit in this and then the men's cologne vibe comes to play. This is wonderful.

Dry: this stays for a long time, the throw diminishes a bit but the stay ....stays.

In the imp and on my skin, this is totally a men's cologne/aftershave which despite having two imps of, I think I shall hoard for myself instead of giving to the husband which I usually do for more masculine oils.

This smells wonderful on me, though I can't really pick out individual notes. It doesn't really morph much, but it had a rich deepness that I really enjoy so I don't mind it not changing.

This is a fantastic oil and I'm glad to have a couple imps of it because I love it.

Tin Foil Hat...! Wow. First off, my parents were both newspaper editors. There used to be an annual UFO convention out on our desert, and my Mom would send a reporter and photographer out every year. Sometimes she and my Dad (aaaaaand some friends!) would go out and party with the UFOers. And, of course, my Dad and I were always watching for UFOs and aliens. Once the Goodyear blimp startled the holy hell outta us...

I had to have Tin Foil Hat.

When I rubbed some on my wrist, I thought, "Oooh! Foil! Yeah, it's SHINY!" So this super-sharp nicety has metallic notes. Ah! Comprehension dawns. Metallic is what I thought of as VERY sharp aquatic back in the pleistocene era. This reminds me of a men's cologne I used to play with when I was a kid.

Tin Foil Hat goes on my skin sharp and herby and citrusy and actually somewhat sweet. Then the sharpness backs off a bit, and I'm left with herby bright sweet refreshing gorgeousness. I agree with everyone who smells manliness in this. (Historical alert...) "Made for a man, but I like it too!" I wear guy-type stuff if I like it. After all, male/female scents are pretty much simple cultural training. I'll be wearing the living daylights outta Tin Foil Hat! :wub2:

Any chance of this becoming a bottled delight...? :yum:

Edited by ElizabethOSP

In the vial, I'm getting a metallic, ozone-y citrus. Color, silver.

Wet on my skin, HELLO COLOGNE. This just screams generic 'mountain rain' cologne on me. You know the type I'm talking about. The stuff you get from like B&BW. It smells good, but it's definitely not me.

This smells exactly like the Boy's Bath and Body Works blue cologne! Its a watery sharp metallic with a fresh hint of citrus that kinda reminds me of shaving cream. I will definitely wear this when he is away and I am feeling lonely.

Men's cologne and soap :( Kinda fruity. Basically a failure. Kinda had a feeling it would be. Aquatic/ozone notes tend to do awful things with my chemistry. But I will say that if these notes generally tend t work for you, then you would probably have a winner here!!

Source: Fresh imp

In the imp: Aquatic cologne

Wet: Still a pleasant, sweet aquatic cologne, with a touch of vibrancy that's almost electric. I can pick out lime for sure, possibly some other citrus here.

Dry: A manly but light citrus cologne with remarkable wear and throw.

In Imp: Bright, metallic, ozoney. Smells the way way aluminum tastes. This isn't necessarily a good thing. There isn't much else going on here.

Wet: A little better on the skin. Whatever is sweet in it is coming out or being amped on me, but then the metal comes back and adds a weird sourness.

Dry: I like ozone, but this one isn't for me. It's actually making me a little nauseous. I like metal notes, generally, but whatever is in this is just not working on me, with a strange sour sweet quality I just can't get into that makes the ozone sort of awful. There is something aquatic in this, but not something I like. 2/5

Edited by Whisperstilled

Wow, this is cologney to the max! At first, it is quite sharp, but then dries down to a creamy, citrus aquatic, very wet and clean. At first, I didn't like this, but as far as aquatics go, this is pretty nice, kind of gender neutral. I really like the creamy lemon vibe I'm getting. This is nice, though it's really not my style. I may use it on really hot days to cool off, though these have become few and far between.

I would totally buy a bottle of this. Is does feel like a very sophisticated, edgy cologne, like a less spicy version of Commes des Garcons 3.

Edited by Elizabeth101

I received this generous frimp in a package, and I'm thrilled because it reminds me of Declaration by Cartier. It's metallic and ozone without being aquatic, and there's is a bit of fougere which I recognize from Dorian. As it dries down, this starts to get sweeter on my skin. It's really sexy and comforting.

Wet this was metallic and citrusy. It was a rather refreshing scent!

Unfortunately, dry this turned into pure calamine lotion on my skin. While it's not necessarily a bad smell, it's..rather strange and not something I'd wear as perfume. :huh?:

Very sharp, cologney aquatic/metallic blend when I sniff it from the imp.

Oh yeah-very sharp ozoney/aquatic cologne blend on my skin. Almost like walking by the men's fragrance section of a dept store.

Yep! that is totally what it is and totally what it dries down to! A sort of, generic men's aquatic dept store cologne. Would be a nice gift to a guy you want to introduce to bpal who may be a little wary of scents. Pleasant, but nothing omg exciting.

This smells rather like a sporty cologne on me. A nice one, but still cologne. Aquatic, a hint of citrus, probably something metallic.

My husband said he liked it a lot on me, so now he's giving it a whirl. He likes it and will be happy to wear it!