Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Antediluvian, sacred metal, glowing red musk, blessed frankincense, and antiqued amber.

Defintely get the musk and frankincense right away. I was curious how the metal would come across, but I'm not getting any kind of sharp, metal like scent.
Drydown is a warm musk and frankincense fragrance. It's very nice and incensy.
Finish and overall the amber starts to warm things up and come through. It's very nice, but probably not something I would wear a whole lot of. I really do like the blend of amber and musk though.

this is very similar to other "metal" scents i've tried. warm and musky, but with an ozoney-underlayer that sharpens it. i pretty much get musk and metal, and a hint of the frankincense, which, as it often does, turns to pencil shavings on me. this scent is alright, but it's a bit too strong and ozone-y for my tastes.

Oh my, this is beautiful. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it's definitely exceeded my expectations.

Red musk is usually very, very heavy on me. However, Witchblade goes on light and airy. The red musk is definitely present, but isn't strong and overpowering. I can definitely pick up the frankincense, too, and the combination reminds me of soap. Not bad soap, but the kind of soap that you smell in your shower and wish you had a perfume that smelled that good. Witchblade will eventually be a bottle purchase - that's for sure. :wub2:

Bottle: metal and musk, sharp and slightly dangerous

Wet: more sharply metallic, but warm instead of cold

Dry: oh the musk, increasing the warmth (now red-tinged, not golden) and a bit of sweetness.

Later: this is really complex and interesting, but just not for me--it really can't pull off metallic to this extent, and it's got an edge that feels like stabbity between the eyes.

When I first put this scent on I actually thought it smelled exactly like Crowley minus the leather. I still get that same warm and comforting vibe from this that I get from Crowley so this is a keeper in my book. Looking over the notes in both I see the only similiar note (sort of) is musk. Crowley has "infernal musk" and Witchblade has "glowing red musk". Well, whatever musks these are they are awesome on me :). I will have to hoard both of these for future use. I like that Witchblade has the metal and amber notes in it. They really warm up well on the skin. This blend has really great staying power. I only put a small amount on my wrist to retest and it is amping its goodness like crazy. I think the description said it should be layered over Sara Pezzini so I will have to try that combo out and see how it works.

Curses. Another red musk blend that I like. Dammit. I like nearly all the red musk blends I try, and I always say, "Oh I need to do some side-by-side comparisons to figure out which ones I want to keep," and then I never do it. This one is sweet and gently musky and definitely pretty. The red musk in it isn't as loud as it often is.

Well, add another one to the list of red musk perfumes I need to compare. Man, I really need to get around to doing that.

Metal and I seem to not be getting along. I thought we were friends, or at least good acquaintances as it was nice to me in CC: Male, but I guess I was wrong because it keeps shouting at me. Wet on my skin this is just pure metal. Though not nearly as strong as Fighter was on me, but it seems to be in the same vein of metals.

Finally, as it's drying, the red musk starts to come out as does the frankincense and amber. I'm not sure what scent or impression I should be getting from Antediluvian, so I can't tell if it's in there or not for me. There's a smoky quality to this as well, not sure if it's the "glowing" part of the red musk, or if it's supposed to be frankincense smoke. Either way, the metal is backing the hell off and I am SO thankful. It was about 5 minutes of screaming metal - can't wait to see if it's worth it. Already I'm liking where it's heading.

Dry, this still has a bit too much metal for my tastes. I've been fighting the urge to wash it off for about 20 minutes now. I wish my skin chemistry would allow everything to blend together instead of having the metal punch out front and overwhelm all the other wonderful scents.

This was an imp on a card that was in the bag of Dragon*Con goodies that a friend picked up for me. Disclaimer: I'm in migraine hangover land right now, and although the pain and scent aversion parts are over, my sense of smell might be slightly wonky still.

In the imp it's metallic and resinous, but I can't pick out individual notes. Wet on my skin it's loud, with a sort of bronze overtone that slices through the faint hint of musk and resin. After a few minutes it reminds me of Calvin Klein's Obsession, which I love but no longer wear due to fragrance sensitivities. (If it were to stay that way, it would be a multiple bottle purchase for sure.) Minutes later it goes through a weird phase that makes me think of dryer sheets or maybe clean laundry. By the time it's dry, I smell like a clean, sexy androgyne who might have a dab of musk on the wrists.

This becomes a skin scent that I think I might want to buy, but I want to test it again before I decide.

Reminds me of a discontinued perfume that I loved in high school: Tribe. Thank goodness, now I can stop trying to find some!

This is an aged bottle forum purchase and I can't pick out any notes...its gorgeous. Now THIS is a flawless skin musk!

Edited by Herb Girl

If I hadn't read the notes on this, I would have known right off - yep. Red musk. My imp is aged about 3 years, so the red musk is beautiful and all red muskyish. The amber is very quiet, but lending a grounding effect, keeping the red musk from becoming too manly. Once it starts to dry down, the red musk quiets down even more and the amber and frankincense start to emerge, but just barely. This is still nearly a single note red musk. The metal may be acting as a red musk amplifier as the sharpness of the red musk seems to come and go, other than that, I am not "feeling" any metal. Overall, very lovely.

I can tell by the oil color that this is going to be light on the red musk, it's golden/orange colored oil in the vial.

When I first apply Witchblade, I get red musk and something that smells fresh and clean, almost like a dryer sheet. I'm guessing that's the metallic note. As it dries, it really does give me the impression of metal. The red musk has stepped back a bit making room for the frankincense and amber. All of the resins temper the fresh smelling metal note and keep this from smelling like fabric softener on my skin. Unfortunately, in the final dry down I amp the metal note. It ends up smelling like sharp, headache inducing resins and soap on my skin.

I really loved the first two stages but the last and longest stage just didn't work out for me, and that's the important one :/ Witchblade would be great for someone who loves aquatic or fresh smelling perfume. It's beautiful and does a brilliant job of evoking the image of metal and magic...it's just not for me.

On my skin wet: This is way lighter than I had expected. Red musk and lemony amber, some metal in the back. I don't get a lot of the frankincense.

On my skin dry: Ah there is the frankincense, it turns up when it dries down. The blend sweetens a little when it's fully dry. Feminine and confident.

Very close to the airy red musk in the Visionary.

Bam, aquatic-y incense straight off the bat. This is not a shy scent.

I did look at the notes early- the aquatic I smell is the metal; for some reason BPAL's metal smells watery to me without the usual soapiness of aquatic perfumes.

As it dries, the musk appears. With the smokiness of the frankincense (it's a strong one in this), I'm reminded of Streets of Detroit, but much lighter.

It dries down to something very musky and metallic, like if Streets of Detroit and Wooden Bullet had a baby.

Well this, this is just straight up sexy..

in the imp: I think it is the metal I smell most, with the amber, frankincense and musk hanging out in the background, waiting for their chance to shine.

wet: I can smell more frankincense, and amber, but not the metal isn't completely gone. The musk is still dancing around the edges of it.

Dry: Frankincense is still there, but the amber is the big player in the end. Musk is all but a whisper, and the metal smell is tricking my nose, i think it's there and then I sniff too hard and I can't find it. Tricky.

But in every format, it's still sexy, very.

I was surprised this is described as metal, because it was very powdery on me. I think the amber with the musk is overwhelming that sharper aspect of it on me. The metal ended up being more citrusy on me, but the frankincense didn't put me off like it usually does.

(this appears to be quite an aged, carded imp, possibly from the initial release - the oil is very thick)

Wet: The hot metal comes through strongest (smells like the same hot metal note as Kataniya The Clockwork Woman, to me. It's not my favourite smell. The red musk comes through a bit at first but then is quickly overtaken by metal.

Dry: Still all hot metal. Too bad, I love the lab's antiqued amber note, but I can't smell it or anything else, just metal. Not at all unpleasant, just not something I want to smell like.

Wow, this scared me a bit, on first application I thought there was saffron in there! (Which made me feel violently sick last time) but no, it just has that same redhot atmosphere in there. And it's not nearly as sharp.

There's that same lovely metal as in Crimson peak's The magician, enveloped and well-accompanied by the red musk. All the notes are definately there though, easily picked apart. I don't think it's "for me" per sé, but lovely nontheless.

This is kickass.

Really, it genuinely is.