Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Invidiana

Mr. Qubit

An eccentric genius and leader of the superhero team The Paradigm, Qubit can meld and shape technology with a gesture, allowing him to create whatever he can envision.

Gleaming metal, electrical discharge, and a whiff of tinny cologne.

I knew this wasn't going to be my thing personally, but I'm always up for trying things, especially when they're right in front of me on the Lab table. icon_wink.gif

It's very much like a bracing burst of fresh air at first sniff. There is definitely lots of ozone, to the point that I actually feel there's a sharp crisp wind hitting the tip of my nose. It definitely is the metallic scent the description states, though metallics usually don't come out very "metallic" per se on my skin but either ozoney or incensey, and this was the first one. As it dries down further I get the hint of cologne, which is the fresh and aquatic type. I'm not exactly sure what comprises the "electrical discharge" but there seems to be a kick in it somewhere--not pungent or unpleasant, just a sort of olfactory spark that sets your senses awake. I would say it's pretty unisex.

Not really for me, but glad I got to try it; I can imagine I'd enjoy smelling it on a boyfriend when said boyfriend actually materializes.

Awesome metallic cologne but unisex enough to be wearable on me at least, grabbed a bottle for myself. Torture Queen without the white amber and gardenia. This was another favourite, after Door and Sky City (Before) that I immediately loved both in the bottle and on my skin. Gleaming, polished, clean, bright, and with that sort of engine oil note from Toad, and a bit of a steampunk/Phoenix Steamworks feel. :wub2:

I shall update this review as I properly test all the new releases over the next 7-10 days, just an FYI.

Another one I just skin tested at C2. I had "Metallic & Ozone" written down in my notes. Another one that was OK, but nothing I would buy a bottle of.

This scent is a bright, crisp, and clean metal and cologne scent. To me, most of the cologney metal scents smell quite similar and there was nothing about this one that stands out. It lasted a good long while on my skin and the scent stayed true throughout the entire wear time. It's not my type of scent, but I imagine it could smell quite nice on my husband.

In bottle: I love the metal here. It’s reminiscent of the iron in iron phoenix. It’s rather delicate, but it adds body and sweetness to the ozone and cologne. The effect is a little like machinery and butter cream icing. Wet: The iron strengthens. This feels like it could be one of the more masculine steamworks blends. I’m liking what the iron does with the cologne, so rich and evocative. The electrical/ozoney thing goes rather pale green, like Herbert West. The effect is pleasantly Victorian mad sciencey geeky. Dry: It goes a touch powdery, but the cologne is still pleasant and still in that Herbert west vein.

This is definitely a metal/ozone scent but it doesn't go sharp as most metals do on my skin. Very masculine, smells like an aftershave, starts off with medium throw and then fades within a few hours. Interesting, but not something I'd wear. Pass.

Oh god, this is sexy. It's a very clean, metal blend. I amp up the cologne and it ends up very manly on me. But uhh... what a man!

I am off to slather this on mr. zee_zee and if it smells anything like it does on me, I foresee a bottle in his future.

ETA: The prototype of Mr. Qubit is slightly different - not so much metal and definitely more of a traditional cologne. On the extreme drydown I swear there is either some suede or leather in this. It's what I'd consider a very professional urban male to wear.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I'm not sure how I feel about Mr. Qubit. I like it well enough for a men's cologne scent, but it also smells sort of common and forgettable to me. It's a scent that I would find pleasant on a man, but not particularly unique or interesting. Qubit doesn't go as sharp or as soapy as I was expecting, so that's a good thing. It's a clean, cool, crisp men's cologne with a little bit of sweetness that smells slightly citrussy on me. I smell it and think "clean men's cologne - nice," but there's nothing really outstanding about it for me... I can't imagine my husband wearing this, but I wouldn't find it off-putting on someone else.

Masculine, metals with mens cologne. Kinda aquatic, refreshing and light. Goignto pass to mr. Schmoozy. He will enjoy it.

Wet, Whooooa, DUDE BLEND ALERT!! Though this is a Calvin Klein dude, with white underwear and tanned six pack abs. Really this does smell like a high end CK fragrance when wet. Very aquatic and citrussy. Dry, the metal comes out more, and the aquatics fade. This is a dude clubbin blend, sexay as hell. It would definitely make my head turn if I were to smell it on the opposite sex...

I was frimped this in a swap, and it was a blend that I never would have tried on my own; cologne blends are usually not my thing. But oh wow. This blend really is amazing. It's definitely masculine-leaning, very metallic and clean. It smells like a clean-cut, powerful man straight out of the shower. Perhaps even the Old Spice Guy. This is the cologne your man's cologne could smell like, ladies.

It's not too masculine for me to want to wear, though. I usually pass on cologne blends for that very reason; I like masculine stuff, but not in this vein (and they all tend to smell the same on me as well). This is the best from BPAL I've smelled, though. It's so clean and sharp with just a hint of sweet citrus that makes it not 100% male, feminine enough for me to feel comfortable wearing on my more masculine-feeling days. I kind of want to go shower and then slather it all over myself. I think maybe I will.

On: Delicious cologne with a metallic edge.
Half an hour in: So much metal. Definitely very tinny. That's all I'm getting.
1.5 hours in: Metal and ozone.
2.5 hours in: Sickeningly metallic.
Overall: This just isn't something I can wear.

Mr. Qubit, can I be your woman?

I would buy gallons of this scent. :wub2: I smell like one clean, sexy lady!

It may smell "masculine" to some but it simply smells clean to me. I do not assign each oil a wearer by gender and I love to wear scents that people both deem feminine and masculine.

In the bottle: sharp, crisp, cold. Clear water, glaciers. I could almost say a hint of something green like parsley oil.

On me: This dried down to a slightly powdery yet very clean finish. It has a round, fresh note that stops it from being acidic or piercing to the nose. I smell freshly showered for hours! It's divine!

(I do not sense any metallic scents.)

I want this oil as a body spray, body wash, bar soap... oh my! :D

I haven't worn this in some time, and never reviewed it, so I decided to do both today. I was afraid it would be too masculine, but it turned out to be quite unisex and ideal for a rainy day! It's a lovely crisp ozone scent that's so fresh and slightly austere. This might sound odd, but its aesthetic matched not only the rain, but also my hands: I have a pale grey cream polish on at the moment, and today I wore a silver ring in a very spare, art deco-ish style, set with a large smokey topaz. It was just such a neat pleasure to look out at the rain, look down at my hands, and catch a whiff of Mr. Qubit! ^_^

I really love Mr. Qubit. A very sharp, fresh, clean/aquatic scent, a bit reminiscent of commercial unisex fragrances but better. It smells citrusy and pleasant on me and goes a bit creamier on my husband. A great, versatile scent.

This is supposed to smell like metal but for sure smells soft to me. Like, cottony, almost. Very nearly a dryer sheet sort of scent, but with a metallic/watery edge that is very appealing. I generally don't go for this sort of scent, but I'm finding it hard to stop sniffing my wrist right now. A surprise winner. Add me to the list of admirers.