Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
blancsdeminuit

Recommend for fruity floral?

I'm a big fan of the fruity-floral perfumes, but I really want a full size BPAL perfume. So far, I haven't really had much luck with my imps. I've ordered Fae, but that turned powdery on me. I've tried Bon Vivant and Les Bijoux, but they feel almost too synthetic/sweet for my taste. I really like Titania, but I know too many people who wear it! A few examples of my taste in perfume (outside of BPAL): Marc Jacobs Daisy, Miss Dior Cherie, Bath & Body Works Midnight Pomegranate

Any recommendations?

What about Maenad? Thats ridiculously fruity and floral and simply not to my taste. I have an imp looking for a new home if you would like to try it? If you love it you could then buy a bottle :)

Bath & Body Works Midnight Pomegranate

Persephone (sweet bright juicy pomegranate rose)

Fruit of Paradise (LE) (darker pomegranate)

La Bella Donna Della Mia Mente (on me, the fruits and flowers balance really well. )

Fae/Peach/Apricot Florals

Katharina (Is a little more floral to me then Aglaea)

Aglaea (Amber sweet peach with a dusting of flowers)

Tweedledee (sticky sweet on me)

Marc Jacobs Daisy/Miss Dior Cherie/Strawberry floral

Strawberry Moon (LE)

Hollywood Babylon

'Tis The Voice Of The Lobster

GLASGOW.

Seriously. Utterly fruity-floral and absolutely organic and non-synthetic. As a person who has a problem with a ton of scents going to sweet/sugary on me, I can vouch for Glasgow's awesomeness.

My absolute favourite fruity floral is Blood Countess from the Diabolos line (Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry). It's a very lush, dark feminine floral heightened by a beautiful plum/berry note.

Some other floral/fruity scents:

Sundew Rappaccini's Garden Its dew is believed to grant eternal beauty and longevity, and restore vitality and vigor to the magician.

This is a bit more citrus-y but it has a very succulent, fruity vibe. It's like biting into a particularly juicy fruit. No listed notes but I get some warm citrus, white florals, possibly angels trumpet and amber.

Morgause Bewitching Brews A bouquet of five night-blooming flowers deepened by dusky violet, purple fruits and the barest breath of medieval incenses.

The incense grounds this and allows the other notes to really pop.

Lampades Bewitching Brews Their scent is the crisp, inviting bittersweet tang of cranberry with smoky dark lilies, heady, sensual musk, a tingle of ginger and a brush of Mediterranean spices.

A complex, warm and sensual fruit/floral with a darker edge.

Juliet Illyria Sweet pea with stargazer lily, calla lily, heliotrope, honeysuckle, white musk and a touch of fresh pear.

A light, fresh, girly sort of fruity floral. Very dewy and innocent.

All in the Golden Afternoon Mad Tea Party A bizarre blend of pineapple, tangerine, tobacco, apricot, and seltzer coated with hazy amber and heady sun-baked flowers.

Just throwing this one out there--may turn out too synthetic for your liking.

Machu Picchu Wanderlust Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.

A warm, natural sort of scent grounded by the amber.

lampades is a great rec, paperrose. i find it very similar to the fruit of paradise (recommended by london) so either of those might be good choices. plus, i love them both so the more love, the better! :D

Some of my favorites:

Cheshire Cat: Grapefruit, red currant, dark musk, Roman chamomile, delphinium, and lavender.

Vampire Tears (LE, but there are still bottles floating around): wisteria, white grapefruit, neroli, green tea, jasmine, white ginger, honeysuckle, iris, and tonka.

Shanghai: The crisp, clean scent of green tea touched with lemon verbena and honeysuckle.

Et Lux Fuit: golden amber, heliotrope, vanilla musk, carnation, daisy and sunflower bouquet, neroli, lemon peel, ylang ylang and honeycomb. (Also an LE)

Croquet: Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk.

Cheshire Moon: lunar herbs and blossoms, with lemongrass, guava, pink grapefruit, banyan fruit, hibiscus, and cherry blossom. (Also an LE)

There are lots more, I'm just partial to the citrus family. :D

Hi!

Josie from The District is a simple combination of peach and magnolia. Heady and sweet. you only need a small amount and it warms nicely!

I second Fruit of Paradise and Morgause.

Also:

Thalia Plumeria, peach, white champagne

Fae

Knave of Hearts

La Belle au Bois Dormant

Delirium

Tamora

Jezebel

Black Pearl

When I'm in the mood for a fruity floral, something with a fruit blossom (that is, not necessarily something that contains fruit *and* flowers as separate components) frequently does the trick. A few of my favorites:

-- Carnaval Diabolique (lemon blossom)

-- Katharina (orange blossom)

-- Tamora (peach blossom)

-- Khrysee (orange blossom)

-- Lovers in a Ricefield (plum blossom)

-- Spell of Amorous Love (plum flower *and* cherry blossom)

-- Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms (oregano! Just kidding)

-- Vampire Tears (neroli)

[Edited because I didn't like the way the list looked at first.]

Edited by meaganola

I'm a big fan of fruits and am gently moving into floral scents. I second Lovers in a Ricefield. I would also say that Frumious Bandersnatch is spicy carnations and heavy PLUM. Summer's Last Will & Testament smells like oranges and marigold to me. Fae has heliotrope in it, although I get Peach & White musk almost exclusively. Lots of the Asian-inspired scents have gentle fruits and florals...I'm a big fan of fruits and am gently moving into floral scents. I second Lovers in a Ricefield. I would also say that Frumious Bandersnatch is spicy carnations and heavy PLUM. Summer's Last Will & Testament smells like oranges and marigold to me. Fae has heliotrope in it, although I get Peach & White musk almost exclusively. Lots of the Asian-inspired scents have gentle fruits and florals...

GLASGOW.

Seriously. Utterly fruity-floral and absolutely organic and non-synthetic. As a person who has a problem with a ton of scents going to sweet/sugary on me, I can vouch for Glasgow's awesomeness.

Hmm, on the other hand, if other "green/leafy" scents go bad on you, Glasgow may not be the best choice. I wish I got "absolutely organic and non-synthetic" from Glasgow but it was straight-up fresh glacier meadow rain mountain air dryer sheets on me. But all green or "grassy" scents do that to me.

OP, if you can get a decant of Cupid Complaining to Venus, that is a fabulous floral with peach and apple. It does have honey, though, and maybe that's what makes Les Bijoux go too sweet on you?

Edited by odalisque

-- Voyeurs Among the Cherry Blossoms (oregano! Just kidding)

:rofl:

Seconding Thalia and Tamora, and I like Aizen Myoo as well

GLASGOW.

Hmm, on the other hand, if other "green/leafy" scents go bad on you, Glasgow may not be the best choice. I wish I got "absolutely organic and non-synthetic" from Glasgow but it was straight-up fresh glacier meadow rain mountain air dryer sheets on me. But all green or "grassy" scents do that to me.

OP, if you can get a decant of Cupid Complaining to Venus, that is a fabulous floral with peach and apple. It does have honey, though, and maybe that's what makes Les Bijoux go too sweet on you?

Huh... interesting that it does that in your skin, because I, too, usually get straight-up synthetic out of "green/grassy/leafy" scents, but Glasgow doesn't do that at all on my skin.

My absolute favourite fruity floral is Blood Countess from the Diabolos line (Corrupted black plum, smoky opium and crumbling dead roses covered by a deceptive veil of Hungarian lilac, white gardenia and wild berry). It's a very lush, dark feminine floral heightened by a beautiful plum/berry note.

:GoodPost: I looooove Blood Countess! And this is coming from someone who never thought she could wear floral scents (especially those with rose notes).

I'll second the recommendation for Frumious Bandersnatch--it's one of my top 10 scents. And Daiyu from the Carnaval is a lovely, sexy berry with undertones of jasmine.

Do you like tropical scents? I just spent the weekend testing Hi'iaka and it is a lovely, bright, fun fruity floral:

Sister to Pele, Patroness of Hula Dancers, she is a Lady of Hawa'ii, and is caretaker, mother, and beloved of the land itself. The heart of the forest beats along with Her dance, and the air is suffused with Her scent: mai'a, hibiscus, white ginger, akala, na'u, Hawaiian moon flower, yellow ilima, pink lokelani, jewel orchid, and fringed orchid

Mai'a are bananas; on me, this note fades away after the drydown. And the akala plant is apparently part of the same family as most raspberries and strawberries. There's definitely a berry-like note floating around in that scent.

Just a plug for my favorite scent (well, one of two) - Khajuraho. It's a "floriental" with fruity notes from the fig and date, and the champaca adds another fruity-floral note (if I'm not mistaken in the note, champaca flower smells a bit like bananas).

Khajuraho, though, is a very assertive scent and not at all delicate. I like this because light, delicate scents wither and die on me within 15 minutes.

Some of my favorites are Fruit+Floral simple blends.

Josie is definitely one of my all-time favorites. peaches, magnolia, it's perfection!

I also like, though it's got a different mood to it, Persephone (roses and pomegranate)

Strawberry Moon '09 is another absolute favorite

and maybe Prunella, if you're OK with a cream note, but I like the fresh plums and slightly herby/green wild flower smell together.

Sign in to follow this