Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
espoir

Bamboo, aloe scents

I am in search of bpal oils that mainly consist of bamboo and aloe. I really love the fresh smell of them. Are there any suggestions? :wub2:

Hi! Some scents that are in this cool green aloe category (may not have aloe):

Phantom Queen

Envy

Squirting Cucumber

I'm not sure what bamboo smells like, hopefully others can help there!

I love the Lab's bamboo note - it does seem to land in LEs more often than GCs to me. The Asian lunacies from 2006 (Holiday, Peony, Budding, Dragon, etc.) all seem to have it, as does Whippoorwill (hard to find LE from the original Springtime in Arkham). Although it isn't listed I think Silk Road may have it too.

I'm not much help on aloe since it's a note I don't particularly care for. But another thread that you might want to look over is the one on Green Scents. If you enjoy bamboo & aloe it's likely that you'll find lots of fresh green scent recs there.

Thanks for all your suggestions! :wub:

i have made some search and come across with these:

Habu: Snake Oil with ho wood, teak, black musk, and bamboo (i don't know how heavy is the bamboo note)

Fox Fires on New Year's Eve at the Garment Nettle Tree at Oji: Weeping cherry, watery bamboo pulp, nettle tree bark, green tea incense, soft musk, rice wine, and Japanese tree lilac.

Embalming Fluid : white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon. (It looks like a cool scent but i'm not fond of lemon very much so a bit afraid)

Habu: Snake Oil with ho wood, teak, black musk, and bamboo (i don't know how heavy is the bamboo note)

Fox Fires on New Year's Eve at the Garment Nettle Tree at Oji: Weeping cherry, watery bamboo pulp, nettle tree bark, green tea incense, soft musk, rice wine, and Japanese tree lilac.

Embalming Fluid : white musk, green tea, aloe and lemon. (It looks like a cool scent but i'm not fond of lemon very much so a bit afraid)

I used to be able to sense the aloe in EF in my imp, esp. when compared to other things; now when I wear it I get LEMON LEMON LEMON and some green tea. Which I LOVE, but if you don't love lemon this is not for you. :)

And yum on the "green scents" link - definitely check it out for lots of great ideas!

I tried Embalming Fluid today (hoping for stronger white musk), and Im not a lemon lover either. If you can wear it long enough to let the lemon burn off, its a lovely green tea scent

I was surprised that bamboo turned up so few results on the lab's site. However, I can think of at least one or two lighter woody scents that might appeal......things like Ochosi: "His ofrenda is the soft shea he shares with Obatala, forest herbs, and sprucewood arrow shafts".

More reading about wood scents, if you have the patience to wade through them:

"The Woods Are Lovely, Dark & Deep..."

Woods

Forest and Woods Scents (with & without evergreens)

On me at least Habu is heavy on the bamboo, as is Autumn Coolness. I personally love Embalming Fluid, but my favorite mainstream perfume is Elizabeth Arden's Green Tea, which is almost a perfect match for it to my nose.

I tried Habu recently, and I love it. I think the bamboo is very strong, and it's got some other wood notes in there to support it. I think it's a very clean, fresh, sweet scent. A lot of people in that review thread described it as green. It's also got the Snake Oil in it, so it's got some vanilla and spice in it, in case you wanted a purely green scent. Some of the reviewers didn't get the Snake Oil, but it was very obvious to me and I thought it sweetened the scent.

Also, this doesn't have aloe or bamboo, but I recently tried Wilde and loved it as well. It's very light, green, and herbal. Slightly cologne-like, but it's very light.