From the yolk the sun was made,
Light of day to shine upon us;
From the white the moon was formed,
Light of night to gleam above us;
All the colored brighter bits
Rose to be the stars of heaven
And the darker crumbs changed into
Clouds and cloudlets in the sky.

The scent of Creation: frankincense, bdellium, sweet cane, cassia, cinnamon, and dammar gum.

This was a creamy cinnamony and cassia blend. Wet and into the first hour I had it on, it smelled really strong, wiping out anything else I had in my hand. The throw wasn't huge, but you could definetly smell it if your hand was near your face. It mellowed a bit after about an hour and a half/two hours to be less creamy and more straight up spicy, but it was very nice.

Definitely a lot of cinnamon in this one, with a lovely dash of frankincense. While there is a sweetness too, it's not cloying.

In the bottle, I thought I was smelling wine at first, a rich dark scent, but on my skin that went away leaving mostly the spices and almost something waxy and woody.

The throw is not very strong though, as it dried I practically have to stuff my wrist up to my nose to smell anything.

Hello, cinnamon!

That's definitely the first thing that comes out of the bottle. But along with the spice, there's a splash of sweetness and something a little earthy/woody. (The frankinsense, I suppose.) I would say this is more a fall/winter scent than spring, because it's so warm. It's like a snuggly sweater.

This is a well-rounded blend, and strong. I used quite a bit because I have a wet dog next to me, but this more than covers that. I wouldn't say this is a sexy-spicy blend, it's more comforting and cheerful.

Will edit when I have a better nose, once the dog is dry.

ETA: Went to sleep with it on and when I woke up it was still pretty strong. However, it got creamy and sweeter overnight. Not a lot of throw, but very noticeable when smelling where I applied it. I layered over it with Fearful Pleasure and smelled just like fresh apple tarts all day. Tasty!

Edited by tawaen

In the bottle: Smells dark, syrupy, & almost medicinal. I can really detect the cassia.

On skin (wet): CASSIA & cinnamon & frankincense. The cassia/cinnamon spiciness is most prominent and the frankincense is right beneath. Smells like the Greek Orthodox Church that holds a Greek Festival (the only time I've ever smelled the church). The lingering touch of incense, and the heavy wafting scent of spice & sweetness from the mouth-watering pastries they've been making for a week.

On skin (dry): Mostly cinnamon now. It's very close to the skin. The frankincense is pretty much gone, which is a little sad to me. I think I'd like to cellar this one and let it age, to see if the frankincense will develop more. I hope so. As tawaen said, it's more of a fall scent to me, so hopefully it'll be perfect by then! Would also be really great on a man, especially if the frankincense develops more.

in the bottle much gentler than i was expecting, there's a lot of cinnamon/cassia and a deep underlayer of resins that's very soft and dark and really softens the edges on the spiciness. something reading "medicinal" here, too. dare i say, not in a bad way?

wet on skin wtf menthol? there's menthol here. it's cassia/cinnamon, frankincense, and vicks vaporub. i have no idea what's screaming "MINT" at me here, but something really is.

dry on skin just a tiny hint of whatever was going all crazy menthol on me and the spices have backed off considerably. what's left is sweet resins and a breath of minty spice. this is very creamy and has a hint of myrrh in it, reminding me, just ever so slightly, of the drydown on priala. oh yes! wikipedia tells me that bdellium is myrrh-like. that explains it. still no idea what's reading as menthol. maybe it's a combination of notes including the sweet cane? *shrugs*

this is a very nice, slightly masculine blend with a drydown worth waiting for. i admit that i got it more for the symbolism and name than the notes, but i will definitely be wearing this one, possibly more toward fall and winter.

Gorgeous, just gorgeous. It's not nearly as spicy or heavy as I expected. It's more resinous with a nice blend of spice and creamy sweetness.

I am so happy I took the chance on a bottle. :wub2:

I would like you to think of an egg.

A chicken egg is preferable, as being the most commonly encountered egg of all the eggs, but any egg will do, really.

If you are having trouble picturing an egg, allow me to help you.

chicken_egg233182427_std.jpg

...no, that's not quite right, not eggy enough, that looks far too much like a personal massage device designed by Eero Aarnio.

scrambled-eggs.jpg

Ah, that's more like it.

So, I would like you to think of the above eggs. Desperately yellow and rubbery and stinking of something primordial.

Think of eggs. Now, think of the exact opposite of what eggs smell like.

That is what Egg Moon smells like. The opposite of eggs.

This isn't a scent that eats eggs every morning as part of healthy breakfast.

This isn't a scent that makes sure to buy all its eggs from free-range cruelty-free small farmers.

This isn't even a scent that eggs your house.

This is a scent that tracks down the teenagers who egged its house, lures them outside in the dark of night, stuns them with a cattle prod, ties them up and throws them into the trunk of its 1987 Buick Grand National, where it drives them out into the Arizona desert, ties them to a cactus, and forces them to listen to SNL-alum Victoria Jackson reading Scooter Libby's bear-filled erotic masterpiece The Apprentice, until they beg for the sweet release of death.

My birthday moon! I'm going to keep wishing for BPAL to do an April Lunacy that's beeswax, soft musk, apple blossom and patchouli, but until then, I'm trying to love Egg Moon.

Early results were discouraging. I smell like a dish of potpourri in a mall bath and beauty store. Hmmmmm. I don't have anything against cassia or cinnamon per se (although I keep an eye on them; Priala, that she-devil, gave me a rash after several months of use), they're just not me.

After a while, though, the cassia and cinnamon stop yelling and what's left is a strange but pleasant, spicy, ever so slightly sharp resiny scent. I'm going to guess the main players here are the bdellium and dammar. It reminds me very much of the resinous notes in Allison Gross (without the nose-tickling botanicals). It's growing on me.

I'm going to age this one at least until my next birthday and see what's what then.

Edited by odalisque

The cinnamon note in this blend is quite strong. I also easily pick up the frankincense and sweet cane. This is a very rich, heavy resinous scent and I am so happy I purchased a bottle. Just wondering now if one bottle is enough.

This smells very light and softly sweet in the bottle.

On the skin it smells medicinal.

On drydown it is beautifull spicy and sweet. The cinnamon is not strong and blends well with the creaminess of this oil. I'm glad I picked up two bottles.

In the Bottle: cinnamon smarties!

Wet on Skin: cinnamon smarties or cinnamon sweetarts; I generally don’t like cinnamon candy, but if it smelled like this, I might!

While Drying: I like the combination of sweet and spicy. The throw while wet is significant.

After a Little While: Close to the skin I can sense a bit of the other notes, but this is still primarily cassia/cinnamon/sweet cane on me, though the sweet aspect is a bit stronger than the spicy aspect at this stage. Throw is still significant.

Later: ~1.5 hours after application, the throw is almost non-existant. The skin scent is candy with a hint of spice. The skin-close scent lasts for at least 6 hours on me. (ETA: The lingering skin-close scent has some tenacity! More than 15 hours and one shower later, I can still traces of scent.)

Final Thoughts: I ended up with a bit of a skin reaction, but not enough to scare me away from the deliciousness. I am excited to see how this ages!

Egg Moon earns a 4/5 on my skin.

(ETA: This is my birthday moon, and I am so glad it worked so well on me. It is definitely a happy Birthday scent!)

Edited by Rocza

While wet this is all cassia and frankincense. As it dries it becomes more of a sweet cinnamon scent. It also becomes creamy.

This is a new favorite

From in the bottle to wet to dry, this is cassia and cinnamon all the way. Not a morpher. Nice, but not bottle-worthy. I might look for a decant.

I agree that the spices are on the softer side. However, I think it's the frankincense that's giving this a bit of sharp edge that is a little too much for me. It's close to being something I can wear....I'm going to put it away for a few weeks and see if that makes a difference.

At first I thought it was like the old Blood Moon, so I tried them side by side, and they are actually quite different. Egg Moon is sharper but, again, it's not the spices that are sharp. Frankincense does have a way of standing out for me....not sure if it's my skin or my nose, but it does seem to come to the forefront in most scents that have it. Hopefully it will mellow out a bit because this scent has a lot of potential to be soft and spicy, and a little sweet and almost creamy.

It smelled kind of like cherry danishes on me. Sorta dark spicy danishes, and not unpleasant, but not my thing. I think this would work wonderfully on someone on whom the frankincense comes out more.

I am beginning to wonder if cassia works on me, because this didn't and it was the cassia what done it, I'm thinking. It gave a stevia-like edge to the proceedings, rather like that horrid Seattle Market orange spice tea that everyone but me adores. GODS I hate that stuff.

I love resins and sugar, but usually find cassia and cinnamon notes to be really overpowering and headache inducing.

In the bottle, this is cassia. Cassia, to me, smells darker and a bit more wooden than cinnamon does (like a darker version of cinnamon crammed into wooden barrels, perhaps). When I imagine them as colors, cinnamon conjures up the image of a light brown to me (or, when cinnamon is bad, it conjures up images of red hots candies and big red gum), where cassia is more of a burnt, dark red.

On my skin at first, Egg Moon is all spicy, heavy, slightly sharp cassia. After a half hour, I smell like I've rolled around in red hots candies and smashed cinnamon sticks potpourri all over myself. It's exactly the sort of sharp, heavy cinnamon spice that I don't enjoy. I can't pick out any other notes at all.

Egg Moon is a very strong scent that lasted four hours until I scrubbed it off my skin. It also made my skin red and itchy for those four hours. I probably won't wear this ever again :/

This really reminds me of Blood Moon 2005, but lighter and sweeter and more feminine than BM05. After reading WC reviews, I was a bit afraid to get this but I'm so glad I did because its positively delicious. I don't smell potpourri (thank heavens because quite a few spice scents do) and frankincense thankfully really works on me.

Today's Egg Moon initial test is rated a 4 out of 5 for me. Further testing will determine if bottle is required.

Others have said this oil has caused red blotches on their skin and I first thought "haha I'm one of the lucky ones" but then I looked down at my hand, and sure enough - red blotches. I highly recommend a scent locket for those with sensitive skin.

Edited by rawgirl75

1246893748_wiNHN-Ti.jpg

When this arrived, it didn't impress me right out of the box, but after reading the reviews, I let it rest before giving it a true test. And it certainly paid to let it 'settle' before a real test!

Cinnamon, and something slightly medicinal was how it struck me upon first application. It seemed to have quite a good bit of throw as well, so I didn't put on but just a bit. I was slightly nervous about applying more anyway, since cinnamon and cassia both tend to irritate my skin if overly used. I like many other blends containing either which I just can't wear due to painful welts, etc.

Luckily for me, no welts nor even any redness developed at all! And the slight medicinal smell quickly melted away, leaving behind one of the loveliest rich spicy frankincense blends I've smelled to date. This is really quite amazing, and the only thing is it faded away a little less than 2 hours after application. That actually isn't a problem, because I wear Lunacies at night, at bedtime, and as long as the scent lasts at least until I fall asleep, it's all good.

The cinnamon and cassia are still there, but it's the frankincense which is the star of this show on my skin, and that makes me smile... hopefully, it will make my dreams rich as well. Four of 5 stars.

Edited by stellans

Spicy in the bottle, and on my skin the frankincense comes out to join the party. It goes a little sour on me and I blame the frankincense but it's early days so let's see what happens. It's a very dry scent though, no sweetness at all even if the description says sweet cane. When it starts to dry down the sour (that touched on jasmine sour/sharp for a second) goes away and it's cinnamon now. It's a very faint and I have to put my nose close to my wrist to notice it after just half an hour. I'll age it a bit and see what happens, hoping the frankincense will mellow a bit.

In the bottle, and on my skin wet and dry, this is actually sweeter, juicier scent than I was expecting. I've never owned a scent with frankincense, bdellium or dammar gum in it before, so I'm guessing it's one of those notes, but I swear I'm getting a fruity vibe from this- almost like the plum in Frumious Bandersnatch. Apart from the fruit sweetness, this is a soft, spicy scent- not dry at all but very comforting. It's also faint and doesn't stick long on my skin or in my scent locket.

I did a skin test when I first got my bottle and did get a little bit of burn and redness from the cinnamon. Today, I'm testing it from my dilution mix in an atomizer and not getting any reaction, thank goodness!

Egg Moon is a beautiful soft, warm, a little sweet, comforting scent. Just lovely. I've never gotten more than one bottle of a lunacy, but this is one where I wish I would've taken the chance on two bottles. It is absolutely gorgeous and will get frequent wear.

Egg Moon

In the imp: cassia and cinnamon! Not much resin, this is spicy!

Wet on skin: spicy and dry and hot cinnamon.

Dry on skin: not eggy at all, this is gorgeous! Yes, it’s all cinnamon and cassia, but they are so good, and I do love a proper cinnamon type scent. It’s all about the spices in here. The cassia is very much like cinnamon sticks but I’d say it was a bit drier and woodier, whilst the cinnamon note smells a bit more gourmand and familiar. This smells very cosy and warm, reminiscent of chai and spicy cakes and pastries, without any blatant foody notes, but still smooth and almost creamy-I think the sugar cane note may be doing this. I also smell some hints of golden resin underneath, subtle but delightful. A hint of frankincense wafts past, adding a dignified, sacred air to this scent.

After a while: as the spices calm down, the wonderful resins start to make themselves known. This then starts to smell like my favourite incense: kyphi! The frankincense is surprisingly tart and fruity for some reason, almost like it’s been soaked in red wine. The description doesn’t mention myrrh but I swear I smell it. I’m not sure what dammar or bdellium smell like but they are resins so I’m sure they may be creating the myrrh and wine type scents here. The cinnamon is still there but it seems more balanced with the resins now. The juicy sugary sweet cane lightens the scent too.

Verdict: this is the egg of a phoenix. Nestled within smouldering holy resins and spices, ready to hatch and rise from the fire. The lighter, spicier twin of Priala, this is a magnificent cinnamon scent. Though this reminds me of Underbed, this is a lot more mature to me, because there’s resin here instead of cake and cocoa. The first stage is cinnamon and cassia to the max, but eventually the resins come out and the scent becomes a really balanced cinnamon-frankincense resin blend and I love it. It’s also my birth month moon, which makes it even more meaningful to me, and I haven’t found an April moon scent I could wear since Pink Moon 07, but this scent is fantastic.

Emoticon rating: :love!:

Is it a keeper? yes-this is one for multiple bottles.

If you like this, try: Priala, Eclipse, Chimera, Bengal, Plunder, Sunbird, MB Underbed

Well, I had to try this one even though I am kinda frightened of the cinnamon....

On the skin: Hmmmm, this is quite a tasty cinnamon, but still mostly cinnamon. This one isn't a harsh spice though. Very creamy and pleasant.

After a bit, the cinnamon fades and this scent is just generally spicy and pleasant.

I don't think this scent is really for me, but it is definitely nice.