Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
dagger

Crowd Pleasers

Chiming in ... Snow White and Snake Oil were #1 in '09 but they're scent opposites; I'd pick Snow White but it's iffy. For enabling purposes, I choose popular scents that also have quirky names, like Mouse's Long & Sad Tale and Embalming Fluid because it hooks their interest. I've given those to a couple of my sisters and they smell the same on them ;)

I ordered 5mls of Smut 2010 and Mme. Moriarty and am gonna give her whichever one I think she'd like better and keep the other one for meeeee. Or maybe I'll let her try both and she can decide. Or base it on which label is schmancier.

But THEN! I got my second package of imps this afternoon, including Dorian and Mouse's LAST, and I really like both of those, too! And Embalming Fluid sounds really nice as well, though I haven't tried it. Gah! What is a justifiable time interval between orders? Like a week? I will feel like an asshat if I make two orders within, like, a day of each other.

Snow White is LE, right? Is it a recurring seasonal LE (or whatever they're called) or was it just available once? Same with Werepuppy?

I ordered 5mls of Smut 2010 and Mme. Moriarty and am gonna give her whichever one I think she'd like better and keep the other one for meeeee. Or maybe I'll let her try both and she can decide. Or base it on which label is schmancier.

But THEN! I got my second package of imps this afternoon, including Dorian and Mouse's LAST, and I really like both of those, too! And Embalming Fluid sounds really nice as well, though I haven't tried it. Gah! What is a justifiable time interval between orders? Like a week? I will feel like an asshat if I make two orders within, like, a day of each other.

Snow White is LE, right? Is it a recurring seasonal LE (or whatever they're called) or was it just available once? Same with Werepuppy?

Snow White is a recurring LE, but there's no guarantee it will be back any particular year. I believe there's a component in there that is only available during that time of the year, which is why it can't be a GC. I'm assuming it's plant-based since, well, pretty much all BPAL is plant-based. If that particular year's crop of Special Snow White Component is ruined, well, no Snow White that year. I believe that was the case in 2006. Werepuppy is a different matter. I don't think we have ever had a forum-only scent get resurrected. Once they're gone, they're gone.

As for when to place your next order, well, I think I've placed multiple orders on the same *day*, and I know I'm not the only one, although nowadays, I tend to order only at updates, and, again, not the only one. But if you have the money, it's kind of fun to space them two to three weeks apart so you're always just a couple of weeks away from the arrival of your next order!

I think Snow, Glass, Apples is pretty much a winner. Fearful Pleasure seems rather non-controversial.Also I can't imagine Thalia or Titania offending any senses. Also maybe things like Harlot, Jezebel, MB: Underpants, Dorian...

I find it slightly mortifying that I don't like most of what's been proposed here other than Alice and Morocco. What is up with my skin?!

Mousesong, I hear you. Most of these don't work on me either. If you are still looking for "clean" musks, Fae from the GC is a nice light white musk, heavy on the peach, and Thoos, though an LE, was almost exactly tangerine-flavored Fae to me, rather than peach.

:cry2: I can't do red or dark musks. They smell nice in the bottle, but on me they go rancid. Sad.

The scents that have brought on the most universally positive responses when I am attempting to enable people are Alice, Penitence, and Prague.

shango has gotten me more compliments than any other oil i've ever worn.

Sign in to follow this