Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
veronicafranco

Recommend a scent for a specific dress or outfit

Something kind of dark and sweet with a bit of edge might be Kabuki, it has a soft cherry anise spice feel that's really nice.

If you want to gamble on something abit more sweet and sensual, there's an LE called The Red Lantern. It doesn't have the particular tea note but it's a play on Opium Dens. Seductive swirling caramel if you want to try something else out there for an oriental feel.

If I was going to wear it & pulling from my collection (depending on my mood for the actual day) I would choose from Titania, Kindly Moon, Pink Moon, The Gibbous Moon, The Witch's Garden, New Orleans, Opuhi, or Pontia. It certainly says floral to me, but mostly fresh and fun, not heavy or serious.

I'd probably go with The Witch's Garden (today) because it's got a very "purple" floral on top to me (I think it's the sweetness of the carrot) but still has some garden-y backdrop with some lushness ... Like it just rained in a wild garden & it's dusk & everything is all purpley.

Or Opuhi. It's tropical, sweet, girly & accessible while also being a totally unique scent. I get lots of compliments on it when I wear it.

Okay, here is my outfit rec question, lol. I will be going to a military ball in a few months. Fairly formal, but the unit is a very fun, laid-back group. This is my dress for the evening.

I don't do florals well other than New Orleans and the CD Saimese twins. But I'm kind of lost on what this dress calls for.

Edited by wvgemini

I love that dress, wvgemini. It looks like a dress that wants to smell like plum, dark wine, berries, and black currant to me, lol. Bordello, Eat Me, Mme Moriarty, or Bewitched, I'd say...

I love that dress, wvgemini. It looks like a dress that wants to smell like plum, dark wine, berries, and black currant to me, lol. Bordello, Eat Me, Mme Moriarty, or Bewitched, I'd say...

i was going to say bordello, eat me or jailbait! :D

Ooh. I like those suggestions. Why didn't I see the 'Madame-esque' connection before, lol. I do have imps of Jailbait and Bordello and my bottle of Countess Willie might just be perfect ...

I think I might have to test out Kabuki though. That sounds :yum:

Edited by wvgemini

i adore kabuki but it seems like a much more dark and brooding scent. more darkly sexy than fun sexy.

but it might feel different on your skin. the more love for kabuki, the better! :D

i adore kabuki but it seems like a much more dark and brooding scent. more darkly sexy than fun sexy.

but it might feel different on your skin. the more love for kabuki, the better! :D

Good to know. I like dark sexy :twisted: (a lot, lol!), but I might save that for the after-party ...

OMG beautiful dress!!!!!! Hmmmm.... maybe even something like Pink Snowballs (cool and pink) layered with some sort of musk, or spice for a hint of that black heat ;)!

what scent would you wear with this?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0...mp;color_name=1

i'm being deliberately vague about the event, etc. just curious what you'll come up with!

Perhaps I'm nuts, but the dress speaks for itself - I think the perfume should be soft, musky and understated - like Morocco or Hod or yes, even Inez.

Edited by rawgirl75

This is on it's way to me... finally. :joy:

I think it's kind of Tombstone... maybe?

Ooo....or something like Havana comes to mind.

And damn, I wish I had the legs to wear that. Love it.

It makes me think of Black Lace, I think because the colors & pattern sort of look like the label for Black Lace...

what are you wearing it with? I can see Tombstone and Black Lace for sure. Plus what fun to tell people you are wearing Black Lace, and let them wonder ;) What you're wearing it with will help me for suggestions (and pure nosiness!)

Joining the Black Lace camp... it's fitting - both because of the black lace AND the other colors of it.

what are you wearing it with? I can see Tombstone and Black Lace for sure. Plus what fun to tell people you are wearing Black Lace, and let them wonder ;) What you're wearing it with will help me for suggestions (and pure nosiness!)

I have a sleeveless, square-neck black jersey cotton top that is really lightweight, and my boots are camel-colored leather slouchy boots that *should* be over the knee'ers, but alas, for me they come to just under the knee. :( Last year I must have tried on at least 10 pairs of engineer boots in search of just one pair that would cover my knees, and I ended up having to settle for the slouchy Madden ones. I looked for a pic, but can't find one online. Maybe when it arrives I can post a pic in the forumite pic thread.

I have a slightly embarrassing backup supply of Black Lace, so I'm glad to hear that suggestion... I also like Havana, and I know that I have at least one imp around here somewhere.

Thanks, you guys :wub:

On Saturday a bunch of friends and I are going out to celebrate a couple birthdays (not mine) at one of the new clubs in our city and I need to decide on perfume (and hair for that matter - I have no idea what to do with my long, red, front banged hair). I am wearing this dress in black. With a pair of dark purple/plum suede ankle boots and a gold clutch.

Any suggestions - I'm lost.

ETA: Punctuation. Because it helps.

Edited by Beckie

Beckie, I looked through some of your recent reviews. I'd really suggest Snake Oil or Black Lace, as you seem to love both of them, and they're both wonderful smelling and great for when you want to feel a bit sexy.

And as a fellow long-red-haired person, do you have any hairsticks that you could pull your hair up with into a bun of some sort? I think that dress would work wonderfully with an updo, plus it keeps your hair off your neck when the dancing makes you sweat. (Plus, people tended to catch my hair a lot when we were dancing if it was down, which was never fun.)

Beckie, I looked through some of your recent reviews. I'd really suggest Snake Oil or Black Lace, as you seem to love both of them, and they're both wonderful smelling and great for when you want to feel a bit sexy.

And as a fellow long-red-haired person, do you have any hairsticks that you could pull your hair up with into a bun of some sort? I think that dress would work wonderfully with an updo, plus it keeps your hair off your neck when the dancing makes you sweat. (Plus, people tended to catch my hair a lot when we were dancing if it was down, which was never fun.)

Thanks - I was thinking about Snake Oil and am glad that someone else thought it would go too. An updo is also a great idea on the hair front - so it doesn't get everywhere.

Hi guys!

Someone did this a few months ago and I thought it was an awesome idea.. so I am too!

Below is my wedding dress. Getting married Friday the 13th of August this year! What scent do you think would match? Provide as many as you like please! :) Thanks so much!!

dolly-couture-wedding-dresses-bever.jpg

Edited by SophieCedar

Hi guys!

Someone did this a few months ago and I thought it was an awesome idea.. so I am too!

Below is my wedding dress. Getting married Friday the 13th of August this year! What scent do you think would match? Provide and many as you like please! :) Thanks so much!!

dolly-couture-wedding-dresses-bever.jpg

I LOVE that dress.

Since it is falling on Friday the 13th, you can always go with one of those blends.

Personally, I think that dress wants a bit more of a chocolate scent and i would use El Dia De Reyes

I think that dress is beautiful and kinda retro! I too think a little chocolate would be nice but I think Velvet would be perfect. The cocoa and sandalwood seems a little retro to me. :D

That dress is seriously fabulous. It makes me think of scents like Alice, Dorian, Carnal (though not for the name :P) and maybe if you wanted to be a little daring, Vice. But I have no idea what your tastes are, these are just me!