Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Beatrice33

Watery &/or Aquatic Florals

I just tested Enchanted Wood Florist yesterday. It is gorgeous. Light florals, wet greenery, and a bit of sap to sweeten and brighten it up. If you have tried High Strung Daisies and liked it, it is in the same vein.

Maybe Prague? I think of it as sheer rather than sparkling, but it's a really lovely, light floral.

Yup, definitely try Prague. It doesn't get much mention around here, but everyone I know who has sniffed it falls in love. It has a very light sweet aquatic undertone with fresh flowers. Not perfumey at all, just delicate and springlike.

I hate to be recommending a LE but Poisson d'Avil (lenten rose, crested iris, Virginia bluebell, primrose, moss phlox, blue crocus, daffodil, and dewy tulip with a touch of sugar blossom and honey) is very much like Amsterdam but better. It's clean, fresh and wet with a little hint of happy sweetness. The sugar blossom and honey in the description makes it sound richer and sweeter than it actually is. It truly is like a spring day in a bottle.

It's from back in 2007 but you do still see it up for sale from time to time.

VitaminA and Oakmoss--thank you for the Prague rec. I actually can't remember if I've ever tried this one, so I've got it on my list for sure. I loved visiting Prague, so it would be extra special if I fell in love with the scent.

Saralaughs, I've never even heard of Enchanged Wood Florist. I'm off to check it out! Thank you.

Dormouse, thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep my eye out for Poisson d'Avil. I'm wondering if I passed on that when it came out due to the rose, often a note of doom for me. How prominent is that note?

It's one of this years Lupers Beatrice, so if you want to check it out, don't wait too long.

VitaminA and Oakmoss--thank you for the Prague rec. I actually can't remember if I've ever tried this one, so I've got it on my list for sure. I loved visiting Prague, so it would be extra special if I fell in love with the scent.

Saralaughs, I've never even heard of Enchanged Wood Florist. I'm off to check it out! Thank you.

Dormouse, thanks for the suggestion. I'll keep my eye out for Poisson d'Avil. I'm wondering if I passed on that when it came out due to the rose, often a note of doom for me. How prominent is that note?

I get very little rose in Poisson d'Avril (which was much to my sadness, since I love rose, but my bottle is up for sale/swap if you're looking for one!). It's like a more complex, sparklier Amsterdam.

Thank you, Milla! I've had very bad luck lately buying bottles unsniffed, so I'll try to test Poisson d'Avril first, but if I'm lucky maybe you'll still have the bottle available if I'm able to track it down and it works on me!

Kiyohime Changes from Serpent is a really really nice fruity aquatic. I have a bottle that's about 3 years old, and it hasn't changed much from when I got it. The moss and the salt notes were more fresh when it was straight from the lab, but over the years the lychee and the pulm have really deepened and the smell just lasts. It's freakin amazing.

Niflheim is a nice gentle watery floral, as is Pontarlier. If you like violet, I get a little sweet aquatic vibe from Violet Ray and Queen Gertrude. Both seem very fresh and cool to me.

Black Pearl is one of my favorites, but it's more of a salty coconut with a little sweetness from the hazelnut. I get very little of the iris from it at all. A more floral, watery coconut is Shoggoth. It also has hinoki and Chinese peony.

Edited by hmelt004

Deiicide--thanks for your notes on Kiyohime. The way you describe it, it sounds like my kind of thing!

Hmelt004, thank you for the new suggestions. I'm almost up to enough for a second imp pack!

I'll second Sara's rec of Enchanted Wood Florist, definitely sweet, soft floral with a bit of sparkle.

amsterdam was the first scent i thought of. then prague (which i have only recently fallen in love with!), shattered, water of notre dame, the unicorn...

I just had to check back in to say that I'm working my way through everyone's wonderful suggestions, but I may have already found my dream scent! I've fallen in love with Itasô Kansei Nenkan Jorô No Fûzoku. It's BEAUTIFUL and just what I was looking for. Who knows, though, there may be more new loves out there, so I'll just keep on sniffing! :D

I second "Shattered" (or is it thirded or fourthed by now?), it is a very beautiful scent. I'll probably pick up a 5ml with my next lab purchase.

:)

Mel

Black Pearl is a favorite but I've never thought of it as aquatic ... I'd consider trying Mock Turtle's Lesson, The Pool of Tears, Fairy Market ...

Black Pearl is a favorite but I've never thought of it as aquatic ... I'd consider trying Mock Turtle's Lesson, The Pool of Tears, Fairy Market ...

I completely agree, Black Pearl is not at all aquatic, but I've fallen in love with it! Maybe I didn't even know what I wanted. :lol:

I'm still having fun working my way down the list of everyone's suggestions, though!