Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
tativa

Ira Bath Oil

If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow. - Chinese proverb

Blood orange, patchouli, and vetiver.

This is a little less blood orange and a lil more vertiver than I had been hoping for. Its still very pleasant... and after I used it my bathroom smelled like eating chocolate covered oranges outside. But still the patch and vertiver are a lil strong for poor orange to get to truely shine through.

Regardless, I enjoyed slathering it on me last night when I was going to bed, as it was very soothing and made my skin amazing.

Its a little darker in color, and harder to blend than my previous bath oils have been though... might be the new formula. It eventually blended in... but got all over the bath tub walls first.

BUT... if your looking for a unisex bath oil, that men wouldn't mind smelling like afterwards. This is a good choice. And I will use it to unwind for sure. But its not as unique in smell or as complex as most of the bath oils, which can be a good and a bad thing.

Ira Bath Oil - The heaviness of the vetiver in this blend kind of scared me, but as soon as I splashed it in the tub and it was no longer concentrated in a bottle, the strength of the vetiver eased up significantly and the orange was able to power through. The patchouli is really nice -- serves as a really nice base for the orange, keeping it grounded. The orange and vetiver blend really wonderfully, too. The overall impression is the scent is very earthy, outdoorsy and summery feeling -- full of the scent of heavy grasses and bright bursts of citrus. I like it so much in the tub I also add a little to some body oil and apply it directly to my skin, and my skin smells delightful and feels luxuriously silky. I know a lot of people are wary of vetiver, but I think they might find this is one that will work for them.

This is a decant form the team bath oil circle. Mmm, this needs more love. Yeah, it's a good one. Do not be afraid to love vetiver! I do use this as a moisturizer, so that will affect my review.

This starts off as a very strong blast of patchouli and vetiver. The orange is not too strong, so it isn't very noticeable. Very quickly, it softens and the two main players mingle and form a soft grassy and herbal mix that lingers in the air. For me, it was more of the vetiver and it lasted throughout the night. Still, I get a soft whiff of vetiver as the patchouli burned out somewhere after five hours.

Now, I need to save to get a full bottle for when I run out of the decant, because I see that happening quickly.

I got this as a decant from the team bath oil circle too, and I am loving it. I haven't used it in the bath yet, only as an after shower moisturizer. The main note is a lovely, woody (but not pencil-y) patchouli, sweetened by a bit of orange and darkened a bit by the veviter. The patch and veviter keep it from being too foody and the orange gives it a bit of complexity. It lasted a good long time on me. I think I'll be getting a bottle. <3

I LOVE this bath oil! :wub3:

One of my favorite scent combos is orange + patchouli. I was a little worried about the vetiver, I'll admit. But Ira is just pure woody, sensual, yumminess. I felt so grounded and relaxed after bathing in this (and slathering a little more on my skin after!) It was just too good not to. I am definitely going to save up for a bottle!

I really like the blood orange in this. It's zesty and tart, and the darker notes ground it nicely at first. Unfortunately, the vetiver starts to take over once I'm out of the water, and it smells harsh.  I often like vetiver, but here it's too bitter and up front for me. 

I ended up slathering on some Eclipse, and so far I'm liking the combo. Might be fun to try it with Bliss too. 

On me, used as an after-shower moisturizer, Ira is all about the vetiver.  The blood orange is juicy, the patch is dry and a little gnarly, and the vetiver is dark and smoky and lasts for hours and hours.  This is my fresh sample; I also recently purchased some aged Ira and will update when I've tried it.  This is going to pair beautifully with Determination TAL for those days when I really need to get shit done.