Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Gwydion

Pete Lala's Cafe

PETE LALA'S CAFE
Dusty leather, dry cedar and fir, fresh tobacco smoke, and the scent of tucked-away gris gris bags for luck in love, potency, and virility.

Review: They aren’t kidding about the cedar. The fir is next strongest. I’m likely the tobacco laced wood and the earthy, dusty, vaguely herbal edge. This is beautiful and evocative.

Pete Lala's Cafe is my new favorite room spray (I think I say that a lot; I love the room sprays, lol). It reminds me of Sacrifice perfume oil, but sweeter and not as smoky. I get lots of a warm, soft, well-worn, brown leather and cool fir, and something that smells sweet and vanilla-y. A spritz of this makes me feel like I'm in a mountain cabin somewhere, surrounded by pine trees. It has a masculine, sexy feel to it and also that vanilla-y sweetness that's just gorgeous.

I can't smell any of the cedar and this doesn't seem like a dusty scent to me. It's a bit lighter than some of my other bptp sprays, but still has great staying power and the subtle scent lingers for days.

This is a fabulous room spray. Woodsy leather and tobacco waft up when I spray this on my sheets. It's such a comforting scent to me! It lingers on my linen for a couple days after I spray it, and I get unexpected whiffs of tobacco at times when I turn over in bed.

In bottle: Coniferous, herbal and dusty.

Wet: Velvet tobacco, with a hint of beeswax.

Dry: Worn leather, polished and imbued with an aura of voodoo.

Verdict: A bit too dry and woodsy for my taste, but wonderful just the same. Your crazy Creole grandmother's house smells like this. Comforting, but with a touch of black magic.

I was fortunate to get a testable bit of this. It is amazing!

Soft leather and woods dominate.

To me, this smells like a gentleman's hunting cabin in the woods when it has just been opened up for the first time in a while and the fellow steps inside, taking a light puff at his pipe. It's got a bit of a musty, dry feeling to it- but it's a ruggedly comforting scent at the same time.

My only sadness with this scent is that I do not have more.

Pete Lala is smoky, woodsy, leather. It has a slight sweetness, and the leather is soft. It's manly, but very Southern gentleman like (in the same way some of the atmos are very Southern-like because of the vibe and overall impression they create).

Pleasant, powerful, leather.

I...am honestly wondering if I got a faulty bottle, since every other review...is, well - a review. Requiring the product to actually have a scent.

My bottle smells like the distant, half-imagined ghost of Morocco-meets-marshmallow, and within 30 seconds of spraying it, it's vanished completely - spray it in the air, spray it on linen, it makes no difference - it has no scent. Even smelling it in the bottle, it smells of the best part of sod all, and there certainly isn't a single hint of any of the listed notes. Very very weird and disappointing :(

I bought a bottle of this from a seller on Ebay, and was very disappointed with the lack of scent. I mean next to nothing..... I still really wanted to try it out, so I bought a bottle from the Trading Post. Amazing difference!! A full bottle of SCENT!!! So I compared the two liquids from the bottles, and to my disgust, found that the Ebay bottle, was perfectly clear, like water. It looked like I got scammed. Someone finished off their bottle, re-filled it with water, and sold it on Ebay. GRRRRRRRRRRR.... I discovered this much too late to do anything about it, but it really soured my trust in buying these atmo's from Ebay, I'll tell you what ... :rolleyes:

Fantastic.  I almost skipped this one because my relationship with cedar can be iffy, but I'm so happy I didn't.  My first impression was very much of a spice scent, not craft store or holiday, but a rich, warm mélange that you'd find in an old, wooden spice cabinet.  It was very nice, but I'm not much of a spice girl, and so I was a bit disappointed. 

But THEN -- This becomes a glorious, dry cigar tobacco.  My father used to smoke pipes and cigars.  This is the closest fragrance I've ever come across that accurately captures those dry, flaky leaves, rolled up, and stored lovingly in their pristine cedar boxes.  Not only is it a wonderfully nostalgic scent for me, it's just a hands down, wonderful scent in general.  Elegant and masculine.  Every Victorian gentlemen's parlor or study should smell like this.  5 Stars.

Edited by VetchVesper