Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ladyjc

Snake Oil Bath Oil

A blend of exotic Indonesian oils sugared with vanilla.

SOBO is amazingly good.
I've used it as intended, and also as an after shower/bath moisturizer, mixing a small amount of oil with unscented lotion.
My back tends to be prone to clogged pores. I enjoy using SOBO as an actual bath oil, but can't use it that way too frequently or my back starts to hate me. The previous post mentioned a scent change with hot water. I also think the scent changes a bit if I use it as a bath oil versus as a moisturizer. Fortunately I like it both ways (though for some reason I like the throw, but not sniffing close to my skin after using SOBO in the bathtub). Used with lotion, SOBO does double duty, locking in moisture (it is SOOOoooo dry here in the winter!) and providing a wonderful layering scent base. I've received so many compliments when wearing SOBO as a moisturizer.

omg why did I wait so long to try this?

*kitten eyes* I hope it sticks around forever and ever... because I can't stop wearing it.

Amazing texture, amazing smell. Its not quite snake oil... its creamier and more cookie like. More foodie than the perfume oil. Made my skin that was chapped from the cold weather soft again.

I love it.

I have many scents that I deeply love and don't ever want to be without, but this is probably my favorite scented thing ever. It is pure, perfectly aged Snake Oil sexiness! I get the most compliments and people following me around (from my grandma to strangers at the mall), trying to breath me in when I wear this. This is the perfect sugared vanilla incense! :wub:

This is ahhhh-mazing. It's really more like aged Snake Oil than fresh. I'm using it fairly sparingly as an after shower moisturizer, and it's wonderful that way. It absorbs without being greasy, doesn't have such a huge throw that I'm running around in some scent cloud, but is strong enough that I get compliments. Love, love, love this. I'm so glad it was added to the permanent collection.

You need this. Even if you don't think you like Snake Oil.

I don't have a bathtub, so I put it on after I get out of the shower. It lasts and lasts on me. And it smells good. Not just my opinion, a boy I was rolling around with stopped, sniffed my neck and told me, "You smell good."

Get your minds out of the gutters!!!! We were just kissing. But anyway, just like Ondine said it's sex in a bottle.

I've had my decant of this for quite a while-I got it right when it came out. Personally, I have found that the bath oils don't always hold up that great (Pumpkin Pie, I'm looking atchu!) This smelled a teensy bit weird in the bottle, but honestly, it makes a damn fine bath. It's taken me a long while to warm up to Snake Oil. For a long time, I just didn't "get it". It has only been in the last couple of months were I finally have grown to not only like it, but really love it.

Basically, if you are a Snake Oil fan, and have dreamed of a bathing in it...well, this is for you! It's maybe a little more woodsy than regular Snake Oil, but is basically our beloved Snake Oil in bath oil form! This may have just been my batch, but I found it a bit more oily than some of the other bath oils i've tried.

Verdict is, this is just what it sounds like and that is a damn good thing! :wub2:

ETA: Like the above poster, I got boy approval on this as well! When I got into bed, my boy rolled over to cuddle and remarked how good I smelled!

Edited by Suu4LC

I am firmly in the Snake Oil lovers club, and as such, I must NEVER be without Snake Oil bath oil. I keep at least one spare bottle on hand to age while another is in use. This is exactly as described and the perfect match to Snake Oil perfume. This makes the perfect after-shower moisturizer to layer with my perfume. The bath oil is smooth and applies easily to damp skin, or mixes beautifully in the bath water and scents the whole bathroom.

This is my comfort scent, my sexy scent, my holy grail scent, and I am so happy that it is available in the general catalog. :wub2:

I almost didn't buy this because I figured "I have Snake Oil perfume, isn't that enough?" Plus it's expensive! But I decided to get it on the sheer force of the reviews and it ended up being my absolute favorite thing out of my recent BPTP order! (Even more than the Bittersweet Chocolate Massage Oil, which is also delectable and wonderful.) I use it as a moisturizer and am rewarded with soft, sweet Snake Oil vanilla wafts from my skin as I move around during the day. While it is definitely Snake Oil-scented, I find it softer, sweeter, cleaner, and not as sharp/medicinal as Snake Oil perfume (which can have an almost camphor smell at first), and while it lingers on the skin all day, the throw is less aggressive. I love it so much. :wub2:

Without a doubt the most sensual thing I have ever poured into my bath. This is decadent and beautiful and just... yeah. Best bath oil in the world, pretty much. Need so much more than one bottle :wub2:

Oh...ooo...*This* is why people like Snake Oil.

So, Snake Oil perfume might actually be the most foul thing on earth on me- It tends to smell *exactly* like burning band-aids and skank so even putting this on was a questionable decision. Still, it smelled *way* less harsh in the imp than normal Snake Oil so I figured, eh, what the hell, worst comes to worst I take another shower to wash it off.

I used about half an imps worth as a moisturizer. First impression was like Snake Oil proper but sweeter, with that sugary incense vanilla smell everyone raves about in the perfume. It was good the minute it his my skin and as it dried down it just got better. Definitely more foody then standard SO without that sharp herbal note. And no burning rancid band-aid stench.

Can you wear these as a perfume? I lurve this...

***Note: I'm using the bath oil as a moisturizer

HOLY AMAZING VANILLA!!!

This is delectable! FINALLY! A snake oil incarnation that works on me without that weird shoe polish note that always appears with the perfume. It's sweet, smoky and spicy. The musky spice blooms first and then there was an almond-ish scent when the oil merged with my skin. Then the vanilla emerges, swirling with the other notes and I smell like sweet, incensy cookies :yum:

Hours later I still smell it but its less strong and the almond cookie note is gone but the smoky vanilla remains.

I saw a friend unexpectedly today and ran up to hug her and she commented on how delicious I smelled !!! :joy: This is pretty amazing for me since most people either get sneezy when I wear bpal or don't smell it at all.

The bf was nuzzling me today and said that he smelled "a kind of vanilla." I let him sniff from the bottle and he said it smelled much better on my skin. SOOO happy I found a snake oil (and a vanilla for that matter) that works so well with my chemistry. Wonderful, wonderful stuff :)

This may just be the best scented thing ever made.My bottle arrived today and even though I had high expectations,I am completely blown away by this. :thud:

It smells of aged snake oil, but with even more sugary vanilla sexyness! :yum: To me this honestly smells like pure lust in a bottle. I can see myself using this as a moisturizer,in my hair,mixed in with conditioner and other products... :wub2:

As soon as this one runs low I'll be getting another bottle,I never ever want to be without this stuff :D

I've got mad love for Snake Oil BO. Aged, slinky Snake Oil in a head-to-toe Bath oil - it's lust that wafts from the skin and beguiles. No one note stands outs, it's so seamlessly blended that it's just a round, voluptuous scent and I swear, sometimes I get a distinct leather impression, a worn-in, soft and buttery scent. I think that I'll always have to have a bottle on hand. It's seriously THAT good.

Edited by purplegirl

Yup, this is Snake Oil as a bath oil. Smells like a softer version of Snake Oil on my skin, meaning that it doesn't completely freak out on my skin (my guess based on the other oils for the bathing purposes). It's a dark sultry musky vanilla + incense.

I sort of get the Snake Oil hype. Finally. Admittedly it took a BATH OIL for me to get it.

I was recently frimped an imp of snake oil! finally got to try the most precious of precious. I liked it enough to finally buy my first bottle of snake oil, and I went for the 8oz bath oil from the post instead of a perfume bottle from the lab. I love using the bath oils as after-shower moisturizer on my skin and in my hair. the thought of walking around in a gorgeous cloud of vanilla resin goodness called to me.

alas, the big bottle has very little scent to it. almost nothing. there's a tiny echo of vanilla when i smell the bottle, but when applied to my skin, this is for all practical purposes an unscented lotion. other bo's such as selbstverliebt, cacao-dusted sugar skulls, the metamorph bath oils have glorious scents that waft up from my skin throughout the day. none of that happening here.

I finally got to try Snake Oil bath oil. Actually, this was the first bath oil I've tried. About time since snake oil is my holy grail scent.

Just WOW. Its like bathing in aged snake oil. Just vanilla/resiny perfection. If that's your thing :thumbsup:

Snake Oil perfume oil is awful to me (smells like unwashed, oily, sweaty hair with baby powder in it). It's the same no matter how long I age it. I'm just not a fan of the stuff at all. I don't find it as horrible in the bath oil, but I still don't get the appeal. It has a chemical smell to it, almost like the smell of wet paint. Then maybe a dark musk and sugar? If I apply it directly to my skin, it starts to get a little of that funky, dirty hair and baby powder thing happening. In the bath it's a weak, musky-ish, dark-ish, chemical smell...

Gorgeous! I typically only like aged Snake Oil, but in the bath oil it's amazing right out of the Post. Maybe this batch was made a while ago and had time to age? Maybe it's made using Snake Oil that was made a while ago? Whatever the reason, I am glad, because I love it. I love slathering in it, with Snake Oil and Snake Oil HG, and being surrounded in a cloud of heavenly scent. <3

I don't put this in the bath, I like to slather it on myself. Others have said it already and they're right... This stuff smells heavenly. Sooooooooo gooooood. I don't ever want to be without it.

Edit: This does smell more foodie than the perfume oil. For some reason it kind of reminds me of donuts. Mmmmm...

Edited by Kmichh

Gorgeous! In the diluted form, or maybe it's the heat of the bath,  but I get more vanilla in this form. Also I swear I get a tiny bit of coconut? It's Snake Oil but the richness is cut slightly, which is good for this format. The notes have different nuances, it feels a bit foodier, and the patch is chewier and I feel like I get more of the resins. Absolutely delightful for a soak.