Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ladyjc

Snake Oil Bath Oil

SNAKE OIL BATH OIL
A blend of exotic Indonesian oils sugared with vanilla.

Guess I'll go first!

OMG y'all! This stuff is.... so ..... so.... good! I think Beth must have used some aged Snake Oil stash to make the bath oil! I slathered my arms and belly with it tonight after my shower and I smell like HEAVEN! I'm usually an aged Snake Oil wearing girl...so I was really, really surprised when I smelled the bath oil hit my skin. It smells like year old Snake Oil. I need at least one more bottle of this stuff...wow.

Run, buy yourself a bottle (or ten) of this! Edited by Shollin

So excited! I must admit that this is my first bpal bath oil I'm actually using in the bath, so I don't have others to compare to.

It's Snake Oil! I put about a cap's worth in my bath and settled into the warm Snake Oil-infused water.. mmm...could life get any better than this? Luxurious, decadent, sexy, orgasmic....what else can I say? Is there anyway to petition for this one to be permanent? ;)

The only thing I wished it would be a little stronger (I added a little more to keep my bath scented and used it as an after-bath moisutrizer). After my bath, the scent was gone after about an hour on my skin, which could be good if you plan to apply another scent. It could be that I'm used to stronger-scented bath products. I found it very moisturizing but not greasy, my skin absorbed it really well (I have normal/dry skin).

I will go through this pretty quickly and will be needing at least a couple more bottles! :wub2:

ladyjc hit this on the nose... it's straight up aged Snake Oil in bath oil form! I use it as a mix with my moisturizer, a nickel-sized pool in my palm mixed with unscented lotion resulted in a delicious scented moisturizer that has lasted 3 hours so far and still strong. I would like a hot tub filled with this stuff!

Well, I smell fabulous if I might say so myself :yum: I've never smelled aged Snake Oil (I'm still aging my bottle) but whatever this is, it smells amazing. I use it as an after-shower moisturizer and I'm followed by this awesome scent all day long.

This makes me think of the "Oh Yeah" song by Yello that was used in Ferris Bueller's Day Off, you know the one that just goes "Oh yeah" over and over?

That's what this bath oil makes me want to do.

I looked the lyrics up and they are actually something like:

Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah

The moon... beautiful

The sun... even more beautiful

Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah

Beautiful

Oh Yeah... Oh Yeah...

Good time

and that's basically my review. Just throw in a few deep breathy sighs and some "chicka chicka's" and you basically have my whole thought process when I smell this big bottle of gorgeousness. Used a little as an after shower moisturizer last night and it's still strong on my skin 16 hours later (and that's with a night and morning of extra-curricular activities thrown in if you know what I mean...chicka, chickahhh!)

i don't use this in the bath. i mix it into villainess' ennui and use it as an all-over slather.

there are two things that really surprised me with this oil:

1) how very light-coloured it was (i was half afraid i was going to get the fake tan effect from a dark oil)

2) how very lightly scented it was

i have a pretty weird relationship with snake oil. i like it, but not nearly as much as the people around me like it when i wear it, so i only tend to wear it when i'm purposely trying to make an impression or smell awesome for the masses. the lightness of this oil means that i can layer it with things other than snake oil, but it does make a really nice base for SO and SO blends. it's particularly nice with womb furie.

In the vial: Very strong vanilla, sugary, and something I can't quite identify. I'm not a big fan of vanilla, so normally I only wear aged Snake Oil, or Snake Oil that's been blended with something else. But I expected a lot of vanilla to be obvious in fresh Snake Oil bath oil. No surprise so far.

Wet on skin: I use these in the shower as moisturizers. When this one hit my skin, it smelled much stronger than I expected. Most of the BPTP bath oils I've tried have been just a bit lighter than I wanted them to be. This one was stronger than any other I've ever tried (except for Xmvlzencab). Still mostly vanilla, although if I concentrated I could get past that to the other notes I love.

Dry on skin: When I came to bed after my shower, my husband had already noticed the scent in the air. Normally he doesn't even register these things, but he was waiting for me to come in so he could comment on it. He doesn't like it! :cry2: I asked him why, and he told me what it reminded him of. (Not the kind of thing I want him to be thinking about when I'm clean and freshly smelling of Snake Oil!) So I told him the vanilla would age out and not bother him after a few months; I don't think he believes me. But I did notice the vanilla calming down over the course of the evening. By the next morning I could barely smell it. What was left trended more toward the nutmeggy darkness that I so much adore about well-aged Snake Oil. It also had a more frankincense-like note than I usually get from Snake Oil. Since I like frankincense, that was a pleasant surprise.

So I think I will stash my bottle of this for a few months and see what happens with it. I expected that. I just hope my husband gives it a chance!

I also noticed the texture of this bath oil. It appears to be a different formulation than any of the other BPTP bath oils; I noticed mineral oil is farther down the list of ingredients than it is on other bath oils. I like this new formulation; it feels more slippery, nourishing, and moist on me, and it makes my skin stay moist longer. I also wonder if the new formulation has any bearing on the fact that these new LE bath oils all seem to be scented more strongly and lastingly than the earlier bath oils.

Disclaimer: I do not like snake oil fresh. Aged is a whole 'nother story, however. SOBO is like rolling in aged snake oil goodness! I've used it as both bath oil and as an after-shower skin moisturizer. The scent is fairly strong and long-lasting, but not over-powering. The man-thing pounced, declared how good I smelled (not usual for man-thing) and how soft my skin was and that's all I'm going to say about that :twisted: Needless to say I will be buying LOTS more SOBO :whistle:

Yep, it's aged Snake Oil. It smells just like the oil in my 2006 bottle but it doesn't last on my skin like the straight up oil. Will be great for layering.

Wow. Just wow.

Much silkier and smoother that the other oils I have tried from the Post. I primarily use this as an after-shower oil, although I will definitely be using this in the tub as well.

It is everything I love about Snake Oil and more. It reminds me of fresh Snake Oil, all sweet with the promise of depth upon aging. It fills my personal space, lingering on my skin for a long time (applied yesterday afternoon; still wafting gently twenty hours later). Skin is still as smooth as when first applied...and that's saying something! No need for applying and reapplying lotion throughout the day.

I am very pleased with this overall and hope that this will become a part of the regular catalog. After only one use, I cannot imagine this not being part of my daily routine.

Thanks for making a fantastic product!

Absolutely stunning. Sniffing from the bottle it smells of aged Snake Oil, heavily sugared vanilla and incrediably spicy. However, the scent on my skin (I use it as an after shower moisturizer) was that of fresh Snake Oil. Which I adore. I love both variations - aged or fresh. So with that being said, it smelt fresh, medicinal and heavy on the patchouli. I didn't gently shake it before using, so that's why I think the patchouli was a little more prevalent.

This particular formula is silky, and has great slip. My skin stays moisturized and soft for hours. :wub2:

Snake Oil Bath Oil - The quality of the oil itself is silky, moisturizing, and luxurious. But the scent... well, that's in a league of its own. Snake Oil bath oil is a million kajillion times better than Snake Oil perfume oil. I didn't think it was possible to perfect Snake Oil even more, but apparently it was. Not only is it a wonderful bath oil, but I blended a little bit with my neutrogena after-bath oil, and the scent lasted all night long. I woke up a couple times in the night and not only smelled it on my skin, but on my pillow and sheets. and in the morning, the scent was still going strong on my skin, and it was better than Snake Oil has ever smelled on me. It had a smoky quality that the perfume oil doesn't give off on my skin. It's really wonderful. I don't think I need any other bath oils now.

This is really really amazing. It's super aged snake oil for the bath that makes my skin soft. I got my bottle today, and will be ordering another two or three tomorrow. I never want to be without this.

Sex in a bottle. Fabulously moisturizing and smells of aged Snake Oil. However, my husband smelled cedar predominantly on me, so it may amp of certain notes/smell different to others. I would love to roll in this, please.

I didn`t use it as bath oil yet, but it`s a fabulous moisturizer! The spices are gentler than the oil ones and my arms are smooth as silk for the whole day after using it. Be careful, it`s totally addicting and it`s impossible to stop slathering it all day! A must for any Snake oil fan.

So, I tried this in the bath and after. :twisted:

In the bath, it was very nice, a more foodier snake oil, much more subdued. A lot less stronger than I thought it was going to be, in fact. It got completely taken over by my "I Should Coco", soap. Nummy, but I'll just have to use more oil next time, as it was really lovely before it got drowned out by the coconut. I was quite moisturized after the bath, though.

I slathered the oil on after the bath, and as with other bpal bath oils, this is a great moisturizer. It sinks in quickly, and is your skin ever smooth and soft afterwards! As for the scent, it is pretty much like my beloved Snake Oil, only slightly more foody vanilla dominant rather than spicy dominant, for some reason. I'm also just a teeny bit disappointed that the oil is not as strong as I thought it was going to be. I still love it, and it is nice that it is a bit different than Snake Oil. I'm glad I have a bottle coming, and I really never want to be without this, so it really needs to be a GC... :wub2:

This bath oil is simply amazing. I agree that it smells even better than the (new or aged) perfume oil.

In the bath:

I only use a small amount compared to the other bath oils - maybe that's why the scent dilutes to the smell of fresh Snake Oil. In any case, out of the bath, the scent is faint and lingers close to the skin. It also leaves my skin super silky soft and moisturized like no other BPTP bath oil has ever done. (Baby skin smooth - it's so great!)

As an after shower moisturizer:

An aged snake oil scent that lasts and lasts. In addition to moisturizing, it scents absolutely every article of clothing I've worn while using SOBO. It's absolutely wonderful.

Hope this makes in into the Bath Oil GC.

:wub:

I have to concur it smells like aged snake oil bath oil. Gorgeous sugary vanilla spice. Heavenly. I have just a 2 oz decant of it right now from the decant circle I joined, but I will be purchasing a full bottle with my next BPTP order and I am hoping the Lab keeps this as a GC bath oil.

Aged Snake Oil in Bath Oil form. Really. :thud: I love this. I always wanted to bathe in Snake Oil. And now I can!!!! This left my skin ridiculously soft and there was no greasy after-feel. It absorbed really quickly. I love it, and I'll have to get more ASAP.

This is amazing! I am not a big Snake Oil girl, but this? Whoa! Now I get why people rave about aged SO, it is just beautiful.

I have tried this both in the water of my bath, and as an after-shower moisturizer. I like is best after the shower, but it was beautiful in the tub too. Very relaxing, and I smell divine!! Super incense-ie at first, with lovely vanilla a bit after my skin cools down from the hot water. I am in love! Definitely going to grab a second bottle of this before it goes away. (PLEASE MAKE IT LAST FOREVER) :lovestruck:

This is the most fantastic stuff I have ever purchased from the lab. Really. I couldn't wait to get in the shower and try it out. As expected it worked great on my skin but after someone's post about adding it to their shampoo I decided to try adding some to my conditioner. Added a few drops to the conditioner bottle (smaller one used for mixing) and then slathered it on my hair. As I was waiting for the conditioner to soak in I read the SOBO bottle more closely; it's a blend of olive, mineral, fractionated coconut, and apricot kernel oils, with rosehip seed, evening primrose, and vitamin E as well as the perfume. All of those oils? AWESOME for your hair.

So when I got out of the shower & my hair had dried a little I added a few drops straight up to my hair. OMG. My hair LOVED it. Due to losing 70lbs this year and apparently not getting as much fats as I needed my hair is going through a big shedding stage right now and it's really stressing me out. For the first time in many weeks my hair was almost back to normal! now I know the SOBO didn't put the hairs back that I lost but it made the ones left thick, shiny (but not oily) and happy. Not to mention scented like sugared sex of course. ;)

I echo the begging to make this oil last forever. At $30 a bottle it's pricey to stock up on. I wonder if there is a discount for a case... ;)

I luster after this ever since it went live and finally got my paws on some at NYCC. This was a worthwhile splurge! I too use mine as body oil and it's heavenly. My skin is Noe super soft and smells amazing. It also layers well with any other musky, spice scent that you want to wear, you don't have to match it with more Snake Oil perfume. I will buy bottles of this as long as Puddin' wants to keep selling them!

Delicately aged Snake Oil in the bottle. I just had a bath with this and poured around a capful into the tub. The scent remained as aged Snake Oil, and it also seemed to be a fair amount to use for one bath. My skin feels silky and I could smell the wonderful exotic oils in the air throughout the entire bath. On my skin after the bath, I actually get Snake Oil with a touch of ginger in the background, interestingly enough. It remains as straight-up Snake Oil when directly applied to my skin, though.

In some thread a while back, I can't remember which one for my life, I said that if I could bathe in Snake Oil I would. For Snake Oil fans like myself this stuff does not disappoint! It's the classic sexy, musky vanillaed goodness of Snake Oil that moisturizes beautifully like all BPTP bath oils and leaves a veil of Snake Oil on my skin, perfect for layering with.....you guessed it.

This product is fricking awesome. I use it in the bath, I use it in the shower, I dump a couple of drops into lotion... take your pick! Totally silky and beautiful, and in every way possible it's my favorite bath oil ever. I've even put it in my hair. I think my favorite way to use it is to use it as a moisturizer before I get out of the shower. At first I thought I should stand under the shower and sort of rinse after putting it on my skin, but I discovered that for one there is no need to rinse, and for two it seems like the hot water changes the scent of it a little bit. At first I thought that was just my imagination, but after several experiments I think it really does. So I just rub it all over my arms and shoulders and don't rinse.