Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
midnight_aeval

Mahogany Hall Atmosphere Spray

Polished mahogany and teakwood and swirls of cigar smoke, with deep patchouli, tonka, cardamom, Spanish moss, and bourbon vanilla.

I love this, it's wonderful deep, slightly sweet dark woods. I really like to spray it in my office but it works in any room. I bought a big bottle almost immediately after trying the goblin squirt. My husband loves it too and he usually doesn't have any particular opinion on my scent-related hobby :) I've also had comments from visitors to the house about "that lovely smell, sort of woody, what *is* it?!".

This is so expensive smelling and unlike anything I have ever had. The slightly woody mahogany is present, non-foody vanilla and a swirl of cigar smoke. Honestly I think everyone should try this, it's just that good. Decent longevity (about 3 hours)

Dark, woodsy and sexy. I loved it. Unfortunately, my husband came home and immediately started complaining about the weird smell in the bedroom. Good staying power with this one , as I sprayed it twice and he complained for two days.

i definitely smell that polished mahogany, along with a bit of smoke, tonka and vanilla. i think the cardamom adds that little bit of sweetness. it seems to get a bit smokier as it settles, and then the vanilla gets stronger. i really like this! i feel like there is a hint of that candle note in this too, but just a hint. it adds a nice creaminess to this. i am glad i got a decant of this one and i might need some more.

Edited by theseagrows

Cool, spiced wood with a hint of vanilla.  It reminds me of a cooler, lighter, less syrupy version of Antikytherian Mechanism.  There's a hint of spice, I'm guessing from the cardamom, which is probably also lending to the overall cool vibes of what would otherwise be a bunch of warm notes.  As it start to dry down, Mahogany Hall starts to smell mossier and a little powdery.  The paneling and floorboards of this venerable establishment have known the damp caress of southern floods, and traces of mildew still cling to its old, dark heart.  This is posh, decadent in all senses of the word, and vaguely masculine, but I will happily squirt it all over my female domicile.  I'm glad they put it up on Etsy.

Not sure how I haven’t reviewed this yet, since I’ve gone through at least 3 bottles between my home and work space.

The scent is very round and full to me with a gorgeous depth from the spices. It smells like anticipation; like a place where anything can happen. I love it past forever♥️