Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Brimming with native fruits and flowers, but also imbued with the power of native earth magicks: apricot and pomegranate with deep plum, wild roses, two Middle Eastern pale musks, white orchid, iris and sweet roots.

In bottle/imp: Creamy but fruity.

Immediately on skin: Very light and slightly fruit with a touch of something almost milky. There’s definitely a clean note to it though… maybe the iris?

After a few minutes: The apricot is there, but it is light. I can smell some flowers as well, but they all blend together so they’re hard to individually identify. This is a sweet fruity and floral scent with just a little musk. It’s very well blended as well, since none of the notes really jump out above any others.

Later on: This is a pretty, sweet floral. The fruity notes are there, but they seem to be adding a sweetness to the blend as opposed to shouting out their specific scents. The musks lurk in the background and ground the scent nicely. It’s very pretty and definitely worth trying again. Edited by Shollin

In the imp: Slightly musky, slightly floral, a bit fruity

On Skin: A tinge of apricot (which makes it sweet), a brush of roses and a swirl of musk

On Drydown: It's a weird meld of sweet apricot (fruity) and roses.

Verdict: Ah, roses. My favorite nemesis. In any case, this one didn't work out. The drydown is very interesting but not something I'm personally attracted to.

imp: yum! this smells like some rich apricot and plum cobbler!

wet: musky, perfectly ripe fruits. there is a wonderful richness to this blend. and no rose to speak of!

dry: i'm catching a bit more plum and pomegranate with the rich florals. this smells wonderful on me. yet another addition tot he bottle list for teh next order.

The musks stand out right off the bat, but then if I'm patient they tone down and the fruits start to peek their ripe little "heads" out. No roses, no other florals, just fruits. It's a nice scent but not one of my favorites right now. I have a sneaky suspicion though that I should hold on to this one and try it another time....

In the vial: indeterminate flowers, musk, and sweet fruit in equal proportions.

On me: sweet, heady musk. There are still flowers in the background, but the musk is very dominant. The fruit is gone completely. Bummer.

Drydown: the musk is getting sweeter and maybe a touch powdery. Still pleasant enough.

Fortunately musk is nice on me, but I was looking forward to all the different notes in the description, and all I'm getting is musk.

EDIT: three hours later... it's still just musk. It's not powdery and doesn't tickle my nose -- it's a warm, sensual musk snuggle. :P But I wish those other notes had been stronger. I think my skin likes musk too much.

Edited by Indefatigable

I loved Yerevan in the imp. It smelled gorgeous, sweet and fruity and faintly floral. However the fruitiness quickly disappeared on my skin and left a cleaning bubbles-like smell. I'm starting to think apricot doesn't like me.

Edited by AmandaKay

In the imp: Hair dye. I use Feria, and it comes with this "fragrance ampule" that's supposed to make it smell better. It smells like this does -- vaguely fruity, maybe a touch of orchid in there, and a little soapy.

Wet: It's uncanny how much it smells like I'm dyeing my hair in here. It's calming down now, though, and I really wanna say it's an apricot-orchid sort of smell, a perfectly balanced fruit/flower mix.

Drying: Pleasantly fruity -- I can smell the apricot the most, but I catch hints of pomegranate, too. But it's simultaneously very flowery, too. The strange thing is, it does tilt toward dishsoap every once in a while as well. Between that soapiness and the initial hair dye-ness, I don't think I'll end up keeping this one. It's not bad, though ... just not a love-it scent.

It's not too bad in the imp, pleasantly fruity, but the second it hits my skin it starts to morph. Before I knew it I was reeking of headache inducing generic perfume and fake peach scent. Also, it's got wicked throw so after wincing through my 20 minute bus ride to work I had to race to the bathroom to try and wash a bit of it off. Too bad, I had high hopes for this one.

The imp was overpoweringly fruity. On my skin, while wet, the scent was just screaming "OH HI THERE I'M APRICOT AND THIS IS MY FRIEND POM." Dry, it's much more pleasant, something more basic came through and grounded everything. It's nice, I was thinking of getting a bottle, but then a small hint of soapyness came through, so bah!

This scent is primarily apricots and pomegranate on me. There are cool lilies in the background, and orchid. I am not picking out rose or musk.

This one is too juicy and fruity for me, but if you like fruity florals, this will be right up your alley.

2.5 out of 5

at first: i can mostly smell the apricot, but there's a light, powdery sweetness, too.

on: very sweet. i smell the apricot and pomegranate mostly.

half an hour later: the musks are coming out more. still apricot, but more powdery.

2 hours later: the flowers are coming forward more, but the musks and fruits are still there.

overall: this is ok, but i like some of my other apricot blends better.

in the imp: very fruity. the apricot pops right out, but it's not fruity; it's refreshing.

wet on skin: i can smell the apricot, the roses, and an undernote of sweet musk. very deep in it's overall fragrance.

dry down: the apricot again rises to the surface, but it's mixed with the musk to produce something spicy and almost woodsy in the aftermath.

in all: a complex and dreamy affair. a bit too cloying for my pallet, but some would certainly wear it religiously.

In the bottle and wet on my skin, Yerevan is equal parts apricot and pomegranate. Drying, there's also a hint of rose. Dry, the apricot has pushed the pomegranate to the background. This is lovely and I can see myself wearing it often during the summer.

I recieved this as a frimp with an order awhile ago, and when I read the scent description, I thought, "Hmmm... not me."

In the Bottle

Smells like lollies-- sweet and nondescript with a bare floral base. Detectable apricot.

On Me

Ever be totally wrong about a first impression and wind up really, really pleased about it? That's Yerevan for me. I'd have never picked this for myself, but it's beautiful. Initially, it smells like cookie dough-- sweet and slightly spicy, and damn near edible-- then it dries down a bit, the apricot mellows out and those gorgeous spices come through and smell absolutely divine. No idea what the spices are-- cinnamon and cardamon are my two guesses, though I doubt it's just the two: there's a complexity to this fragrance.

In short: It's one of those seemingly bizarre combinations that just happens to work really well. I regret not buying a bottle of this when I heard it was discontinued.

In the bottle: Mmm. Fruity!! Apricot!! Maybe some plum.

Dry on skin: Apricot still seems to be the top note. Teeny bit of either the plum or the pom. Getting some musk as a bottom.

Yum!!

In Vial: mmm. Nice light floral and fruity. Fresh

On: Nice, I like this. Sweet but not in a headache giving way. Its a fresh sweet, like cutting into fresh fruit. Now I'm starting to smell the plum and it is deepening a little. Wow the plum is really coming on strong.

Later: This has turned into mostly plum with a little rose. It is completely different from what it smells like in the imp and wet. If you like plum you'll like this. I think my skin amps plum.

I've been going through my imp collection lately, and testing every scent for a full day. I just got to Yerevan today (I have about 50 imps).

Wet: It smells juicy and sweet with a hint of floral and musk. It reminds me of a certain area of the Ren Faire, very nice.

Dry: The sweet smoothes out as it dries and combines with the floral, so it smells like a warm, sunny late Summer afternoon.

Fruit-floral-musk combos are what smell best on my skin. I can take the most sticky-sweet smells and somehow they aren't overwhelming or so offensively sweet on me. I love this scent. It's perfect.

It's also friggen' discontinued. :P

In the imp: Sweet, sweet apricot - almost fake fruity-sweet, like gum or candy.

On wet: Yummy! Deep, rich apricot - the blindingly ripe, perfectly fuzzy kind - with just a hint of musky perfume underneath.

Drydown: This is such a wonderful mix of musk and fruit. The apricot has melded with the plum (not getting any hint of the pom, but it could be in there, too), and the musk is sweet and heady and feminine. If there are any roses in here, they're well-blended, 'cause I can't smell 'em at all. :P

Overall: Really lovely scent - and versatile, too. The sweet n' fruity angle covers everyday wear or fun/casual events, while the perfume-y side makes it appropriate for work or an evening out. It's a *titch* too heady for me, personally, but I'll definitely be keeping - and using - my imp. 4/5

At first there is the craziest smell of sour milk (?), but that disappears as it dries. What's left is a soft, unassuming floral thats shy, sweet, and not too strong. The pomegranate offers a fruity tang that's really a nice complement. It's okay, but not a bottle scent (thankfully, now that it's discontinued!).

IN THE IMP: Sweet, creamy, and musky. There's rich apricot with a hint of soft florals.

WET: Soft, creamy, sweet musk with orchid and fruits in the background.

DRY: Sweet, creamy, musky, fruity, and floral all at the same time. A little bit heady, but very pretty!

Wet in imp: All plum, soft and musky.

Wet on skin: Plum and apricot with something faintly floral.

Dry: The most DELICIOUS sweet plum. Normally I hate musk but this works with the lusciousness of the plum.

In the vial: Fruit, glorious fruit!

Wet: The fruit sharpens up immediately, I think because of the musk. There's something pungent and floral in it too, not the rose but maybe the iris? The fruit is almost gone now, which is a big disappointment.

45 minutes: The apricot is back, but it's dried, not fresh or juicy. I can make out the rose now, and the dry floral has calmed down some. This is not going to be a win on me, but it's got potential.

Two hours: Rose, musk, unidentifiable fruit, orchid. It's a nice blend, just the slightest bit powdery though.

Three hours: Not bad. Not for immediate trade, but I doubt I'll hang onto it forever.

For Yerevan:

this is the most beautiful perfume. I'm Armenian, so it has special significance for me. It's mostly floral on me, but the beautiful fruity smells shine through, too. The musk takes the backseat in this blend. I'm so sad this is gone!

For Old Yerevan:

What the...? It smells like rich, red cherries!! Then it fades into a loud plum & sweet pomegranate smell. Finally, upon dry down there is the white musk, LOTS of it, with apricot and plum. No florals or sweet roots to be found.

Edited by thelaurenator

Sniffing the imp, it's mostly apricot. :yum:

Applied on the skin, I'm getting the apricot, plum, and pomegranate fruit notes and musk. Vaguely floral, but mostly fruit and musk on my skin. Since this is discontinued, I will enjoy my imp as long as I can and consider a bottle if one goes up for sale in the future.

In imp: Light fruity scent

Wet: Barely there. I can get hints of apricot and pomegranate, but the rest evades me.

Drydown: Extremely light apricot/pomegranate scent.

Later: Stays around a bit, but is so insubstantial that it might as well not be there. Glad I got to try it, though.