Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Brimming with native fruits and flowers, but also imbued with the power of native earth magicks: apricot and pomegranate with deep plum, wild roses, two Middle Eastern pale musks, white orchid, iris and sweet roots.

Definitely my kind of scent. Sweet and fruity, but just a hint of soft musk to keep it from smelling like candy. Once it's on, apricot burst into the forefront and the florals mingle with the musk to make it creamy and soft.

I definitely like this one. It stayed true to scent, didn't get powdery or candylike, and gave off a decent amount of throw. 5mL for sure.

To my nose, Yerevan is a very conflicting scent. On one hand, it's fruity and very, very sweet, with the apricot and pomegranate in the foreground. On the other hand, it has a very earthy base, in the form of a dirty and plant-ish scent. I personally don't feel that these two extremes mix well together, and combined with the florals, makes for a cloying and kind of artificial scent altogether. It could just be my chemistry, though. Nonetheless, not my cup of tea, and will to go someone who might enjoy it better.

Yerevan gets all weird on me. The fruit gets ultra sweet, almost cloyingly so, and the musk gets powdery. It ends up smelling like a fruit scented baby powder.

First Impression: Honeyed fruit.

Dries down to: Apricots, honey, a touch of lemon. After about fifteen minutes, the pomegranate makes a brief appearance. These are the only notes that I could actually identify.

Additional Comments: I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the roses are really held in check. There's so many notes in here that I'm surprised at how dominant the apricot remains throughout. This is a nice, fruity floral - young and sparkly.

Lasted: Only an hour or so.

Rating: 2.5 out of 5 (would have been higher if it had staying power).

Imp

Apricots, flowers, and plum! Very feminine.

Wet

The apricot note dominates this blend and initially only permits the plum and floral notes to flit in and out. After a bit, the plum note increases its intensity and both pitted fruits dominate the blend. The musk notes are ever present in the background softly.

Dry

This dries down to a very pretty blend of apricot and plum. As always, Beth’s plum note is gorgeous. While I enjoyed this blend tremendously, I have several plum blends that I prefer with more complexity on my skin. Still, I highly recommend trying this one if you are a fan of plum.

this was another oil i had no online access to when i tried it, and so i simply took notes; &my experience with it was very different from the description or, it seems, from anyone else!

in the imp; cherry kool-aid! very sweet, syrupy. on my skin it is a light, subtle cherry - or, at least, a light, subtle fruity scent. sweet. knowing now the notes in this one, i know that it must be the apricot that is dominating, for me.

i'm thinking i like this one, but i will need to try it again, just to be sure. :)

In the bottle: Apricot, a pretty acidic one at that, with a flowery undertone.

Wet: Like most musks, the blend disappears for a while, before reemerging with tart apricot.

Drydown: Tart apricot, fruits and the aquatics of pomegranate attack my nose. There's a slight bitterness from the pomegranate now. I can smell a faint rose through the tartness of the apricot. I think that a lot of this is drowned in white musks. It veers into coconut, for some weird unknown reason (perhaps one the musk has some?).

Overall: Um... I don't think much of it. It's too tart and too musky at the same time, without a good balance - it makes me think of having heartburn. It really had all the elements I like, sweet fruits and flowers, but the end result is unpleasant to my nose. Besides, it goes powdery. Ah well.

This one starts out as a very heavy, deep fruit with some fruity flowers. Possibly a little bit of booze too. I really like this, but unfortunately as soon as it dries on my skin it is completely gone.

In the vial:

Pale rose smell with faint fruity scent

On me:

I have to admit - I purchased this based solely on the apricot note and the fact that people said it was a great apricot scent. And I find myself automatically curious about apricot scents since I fell in love with Katharina.

I find this to be VERY different from Katharina though in that Katharina is light, bouyant and what I would describe as a "perky" scent. It's apricot is *sparkling*. Yerevan's apricot is paired with pomegranate it comes off as tart and earthy and feels more mellow than Katharina.

As I mentioned, the apricot and pomegranate pair up to make a beautifully tart and juicy smell, that's grounded beautifully by musk and given an earthy roundness to it from the plum. Luckily, all the florals stay firmly in the background and barely even say a peep.

Final note:

This is really beautiful. It's different than what I was expecting, but I'm still not disappointed because it ended up smelling wonderful!

If March Hare and Katharina went on a blind date, they would arrive in Yerevan. This scent is more sophisticated than MH, more complex and subtle...but more understated than Katharina.

It morphs, too, which I love. Fruity, a little spicy, a little floral. Yum.

I really like this one.

i am normally not a friend of peachy/apricot scents, or fruity scents in general, but this combination sounded so nice, i had to try it (while hoping the other scents would temper the apricot a bit.)

the apricot is apparent, but melds very beautifully with the other scents. yerevan is a bit spicy and warm, and i see it as a hot summery desert scent. i'm not sure i'll keep this, but i am tempted to, as it is the first bpal apricot scent that has worked on me! it would be something i would wear once in a blue moon though.

A gorgeous earthy, apricot. Apricot is usually such a silly, fruity, happy scent, but in Yerevan it's deeper and more mystical. There's something almost incensy beneath it...and later, over and around it...to temper the fruitiness. I don't know that this is an everyday scent for me, but I do like it enough to keep it.

Yerevan was one of the first big bottles I purchased because its gently sweet scent is perfect for me to wear to work and other locations where a stronger scent would be inappropriate. It's also quintessentially "me" because the scent isn't overtly feminine, but it doesn't scream of masculinity either.

Just a lovely, pastel, soft scent.

mmm.... sweet! Yerevan is a sweet juicy fruit on my arm, and I love it! I assume it is mostly the apricot that I am smelling... And, well, after an hour I think the apricot is about all I smell. But I'm LOVING it! :P

The bottle I got in a swap says "Old Yerevan", so I'm guessing it's good and aged.

In the bottle: Fruity.

Wet: APRICOT

Dry: Apricot-y musk. Ew. This is really nasty. From my reaction to a couple of other scents, I figured that apricot does not play well with my skin. This would seem to confirm it. Bleah.

A friend sent me this before my trip to Yerevan, and it was the first BPAL I tried. When I opened the bottle I wasn't very optimistic.

In the bottle (and freshly applied) it smells like hawaiian punch kool aid with sharp cherry cough syrup. Then, for the first 20 minutes it smells a little bit like rotten fruit with a sharp undertone. Something about it feels almost...humid? I really, really dislike the initial stages, but it eventually morphs into the most beautiful light musk with just a hint of fruit and florals-it smells like my boyfriend after he's smoked fruit flavored tobacco. On me it's so well blended that I can't really pick out a dominant note-overall it's just amazing.

This is my BPAL true love. I just wish the initial stages weren't so awful, I have to remember to put it on first thing in the morning so I'm the only one who has to smell it.

Edited by eggplant

In the imp: Yep--I can smell the apricot. If I close my eyes and try very hard, I can also detect a creamier back note which is probably the iris or the pale musks.

Wet: Same balance that I detected in the imp. I wish I had my March Hare on hand so I could compare, since so many people seem to detect a similarity, but I'm pretty sure that this has less kick (since MH has clove).

Drydown and wear: There's not a lot of change here for me, although the strength of the apricot seems to depend on the sniff. I wish I was good enough to identify exactly which note was hanging around in the background. I'm also happy that this hasn't gone wonky on me, since light and pale musks are generally kisses of death. However, if there's one thing that I've learned during my tenure with BPAL, it is that I really like apricot and peach scents. Now I just have to decide which ones I want!

I'm very appreciative of receiving this as a frimp. Because of the listed pale musks, I would not have purchased this for myself in a million years, and it is lovely. At the very least, I will keep the imp.

This was on my wishlist, but fortunately I got it as a frimp.

It is deliciously fruity, but not too sweet. The apricot is definitely on the foreground, but indeed, as reviewers said, there is incense beneath the surface. However, the fruit and the incense interplay in a very lovely way, and scents that I would have disliked had they been the primadonnas of the blend do very nicely together.

I am definitely going to use my imp regularly (once all the other stuff I have to try gets its chance) and maybe get a bottle.

:P This is a really nice scent for those who enjoy fruity scents. The floral blends nicely, but the fruit is just not something I would wear.

Yerevan is a gorgeous fruity-floral scent. Surprisingly, the iris note isn’t amped up by my skin in this blend! The fruits blend together perfectly and smell authentic and gorgeous. Add the floral scents to it, and it just makes this blend that much prettier. It’s fairly light and sticks close to my skin, disappearing almost completely within an hour. But it’s just so pretty that I keep using it and it’s become one of my favorite summer scents. It’s very pretty and refreshing and summery.

when i was little i got hooked on this hard candy with a gooey filling... but only the peach. the strawberry kind was and still is everywhere (in the cute lil wrappers that look like strawberries) but the peach kind... that was the stuff!

that's what the sniff from the imp and initial swipe on my hand smell like to me...

that quickly settles down, gets alot less sweet, and musk comes out.

and... the faintest bit of hairspray?

wierd but comforting anyway.

i like it. wierd, but i like it.

smells warm and moist and thick... all good things.

there's a jarring note in here somewhere... as much as i love to eat them, i'm thinking it might be the pomegranate... something that messes up the flow of the scent, for me.

either that or the plum. if that wasn't there, i'd LOVE this.

as it is, i'll use the imp, and probably buy a bottle... but it won't be a top 10. top 20, maybe.

In the bottle: Very fruity but not too sweet. Can smell the apricot but not a lot.

Wet: More of the apricot and something I can't seem to describe at all. I know, not helpful. A little creamy perhaps? Looking at the other reviews it's probably the incense that I can't definte. A bit sharp underneath but not so prominent that I could actually pick out the note.

Dry: Wow, this is really nice. Apricot is still there but some of the musk has come out. It's not to sweet but still a little playful....mature but fun. And still a creamy feeling to it. Like this a lot more than I expected. I may have to buy a bottle!

Bottle- It's such a hodgepodge of notes that I have a hard time picking any one out, but the combination smells like slightly sweet spices.

Wet- I get a very odd buttered popcorn scent for a few seconds, which quickly dissapears. A touch of fruit (this isn't overly apricoty on me) with some flowers that I can't identify. There is a nice grounding base to the scent which keeps it from being too sweet or fruity.

Dry- Still a hodgepodge of notes, but they seem to be layered nicely. The musk has come out from hiding and warms the slightly sweet fruit. The floral notes are unobtrusive and blend well with the rest of the scent.

This blend works well for me as one who doesn't like things too sweet or floral, but enjoys their presence once in a while. I like the complexity of Yerevan and it is a comforting scent to me. However, there isn't a whole lot of throw and the scent fades pretty quickly.

In the vial: very sweet and fruity.

Wet: uh, oh. Very sweet cherries.

Dry: This scent improved on the dry down. It was very sweet, fruity with maybe a tiny hint of carnation. A pretty scent, but too heavy for me.

Searching for scents that will work in hot weather, I'm reaching for all my fruity favorites. In the bottle, Yerevan is mostly pomegranate and plum, a red-fruit smell, sweet and warm -- maybe a little TOO warm for summer wear. But on the skin, the higher notes of apricot and rose lift and freshen it, and then it all blends together into a perfume that isn't easily picked apart for individual notes anymore. Musk seems to do that on my skin -- it's rather like it smudges everything together like rubbing over a pastel drawing. What's left with Yerevan is a soft fruity-floral, inviting and subtle, and good for year-round wear.