Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Brimming with native fruits and flowers, but also imbued with the power of native earth magicks: apricot and pomegranate with deep plum, wild roses, two Middle Eastern pale musks, white orchid, iris and sweet roots.

This smells a lot like Agalea on me, but...somehow more ripe.

I get the plummy, apricotty notes with an almost smokey background. I like it, but not enough for a bottle.

It also seems to be fading on me rather quickly. :P

I very nearly swapped this away when I first got it, and I'm *so* glad I didn't.

In the vial: Old Yerevan is so incredibly sweet. It smells like apricot, apricot, apricot, apricot, and apricot. I really can't detect anything underneath it: it's almost, but not quite, cough-syrup-y.

On my skin, wet: Almost exactly the same as it smelled in the imp. Why was I so excited about this:

On my skin, half an hour later: ...my God. It's like a completely different scent. The apricot is still there, and strongly, but it's mixed with the musk, blended into something sweet but not too sweet, and soft and warm and marvelous. What's more, it lasts for *OVER 24 HOURS* on me, which is just ridiculous. A keeper, and one of my top two.

(Old) Yerevan

free from the lab

in vial: fruit punch and plastic

wet: fruity and waxy...like a box of crayons

dry: fruit completely fades away and now I smell the orchid and musk, but still with a waxy undertone

verdict: lasts about 5 hours, but I can't get past that waxy smell...to swaps with this one

Hmmmmm. . . tried this one once. It was sent to me by someone on another perfume board, and the first thing I smelled was bananas. Bananas, mangos, and something overly sweet. I smelled like overripe fruit once I applied it. Didn't much care for this one, but that's just me. . .

porcelain_doll

Mostly apricot to start. On the start of drydown, I'm loving it. Complex, with the apricot blending in well with the rose and musks.

Dry, it's very traditionally perfume-y, which I'm not used to from BPAL. Reminds me of higher-end perfumes that older women wear: too sophisticated/80s for me. Stays strong even after a few hours, and shifts toward a more mellow (but still complex) apricot later.

I got mostly fruit with a thin overlay of flowers. Rather deep, for a fruit scent. On my skin, nice but not spectacular, and not very "me". Regretfully, off to swaps.

In bottle: Powdery fruit. Apricot and plum, roses and musk, orchid and definitely something almost woodlike - the roots?

On me: This definitely isn't a juicy fragrance, although the fruit is quite prominant. The apricot and pomegranate are beautiful, and the way the musks and roses blend in - just fabulous. I'm waiting for the apricot to die down a bit, so that I can actually get a clear read on the other notes. Loving this so far.

A gentle spice remains after the initial fruity burst fades. The fruit is still there, it just has been joined. Very mellow.

Old Yerevan

Oooh sweet! I was scared of musk and rose but this is all fruit when wet. I love this, I am definitely buying a 5ml. I wish I were better at describing scents, because this one is really special. I really recommend this if you like sweet fruit scents.

In the bottle

Wow

On

pomegranate, plum and apricot mixed together to have the same heaven-like combo as the raspberry and neroli combo of "Akuma". But this is deeper, more sensual then Akuma, and more berry like, less bright (no citrus). The apricot is lushious next to the ripe dark red berry scent, the plum lends an earthy sweet thickness to the blend.

It has a slightly woody note, not as much as "The Red Queen" say but it's very light and lends a grounding density to this fruity blend. I can't smell the flower notes enough to be able to pick them out, they are soft in the background.

30 minutes

It's turned much less berryish and fruity now and is much more woody and earthy.

Okay wait...now as it's drying completey it's changing again. Yay! It's now floral and musk primarily with more of the rose out now, and still the woodsy note but not as strong, it's still a bit soapy but lightly so.

Throw:

A bit more than average but only in the beginning wet phase.

Scent category:

fruity/floral/musk/woody

Summary

Hmm. I loved it when it was wet. I loved it in fact. Very sensously yummy and fruity.

As it starts to dry, it smells woody and soapy.

When it's dry it's rosey musk, with a bit of woodiness.

It went from "WOW" to "Meh" unfortunately.

Purchase again?

Nope. I'm excited that I got to try this though it's beauty is when it's wet on my skin. After that my chemistry (I smite my chemistry) sucks all the goodness out of it.

1-5 rating (5 being best)

Initial sniff: Mmm, this is kinda yummy. It's got a bit of the fruity note(s) similar to Jester, along with a little something else to make this a little more grown up.

Swipe: Yep, fruity and...just..feels like something. Like woods or greenery. I mean, there isn't any like "grass" smell or something I would associate with actual greenery, but it just feels green. Green with brightly colored berries.

Drydown: The other, non-fruity notes, are coming out more now with the fruit adding a delicious background. I still can't really identify them (damn I suck), but they're loverly and make me smell loverly. :P

Overall: This feels like an older relative of Jester's. It's refreshing and adult as opposed to Jester's "in your face fruity", I like it. Those people who are turned off by purely fruit scents, but want something for spring/summertime should definitely check this one out. :D

In the bottle this smelt of lushious juicy fruits, the plum slightly stronger than the apricot. Wet on me the florals came more to the fore, but the fruits were still headlining. About half an hour after application the fruit has disappeared and I'm left with a strong impression of orchids, I wouldn't have thought that I would recognise the scent of orchids, but apparently I do. In the end this is a pretty, sweet floral, but it's not for me.

Wet: Apricot, pomegranate, orchid, & a touch of musk.

Dry: Apricot is the strongest note on me, normally it fades very fast. The pomegranate has faded somewhat. Orchid is the dominant floral note, I don't smell any roses here at all. It's very floral & fruity, more perfumey than The Hanging Gardens (don't slather - has lots of throw).

It makes me want a bottle, but I'll have to give it a couple of tries before I make a final decision.

Edited by oatmealneko

yerevan.jpg

Like Aglaea's younger sister, Yerevan is very very very peach and energetic. I can smell the apricot but to me it's Peach. Great summer scent which broadcasts its juiciness like mad when you first put it on. It's so very good, that backlash of slight bitter booze which tells me "I'm a peach, bite me". I also detect some sort of herb which holds the fruit and keep it in line. I suspect myrtle, the herb that loves to take care of the apricots and peaches. If you like Aglaea, you will love Yerevan which I would say is suitable for those who are: younger, more outdoorsy, more outgoing, and elated more than depressed.

Yerevan dries down to a more subdued version of the above, but it is "prettier" than Aglaea when dry, but not as sophisticated because the herbs are not so dominant and it is not so woody. Also, it ends up with a slight "perfumy" component to it which Aglaea avoids.

This is overall an enthralling scent which is blended perfectly. If I ever find myself in Yerevan, I hope I have the presence of mind to bring along the perfume of the same name.

Yerevan

In the imp: fruity and sweet. Plum, apricot jam and pomegranate. *licks lips*

Wet on skin: is there almond in this? I get a bit of almond here. but mainly fruits. It's very sweet and quite juicy, but has a 'home made jam' like quality. Yum.

Dry on skin: yup, something in this reminds me of almond, but since almond fades fast on me, it can't be that. I think I can smell a bit of the floral notes there-I think I can smell the iris, and possibly the rose-but in here, they are not the dominant notes. They do, however blend with the fruit notes making this a very complex and intriguing blend. I'm sure I'm getting the musk as well. This is a sweet, exotic scent.

After a while: now I can really smell the musk! The fruits are still there-and they still smell like home made jam (like the apricot jam my mum makes!), but there's a musky scent wafting through, reminiscent of posh perfume. There's also a hint of a soft floral scent, but it's not very prominent. It is slightly similar to Bathsheba now, but more complex.

Then I realise that the scent seems to shift from musky to fruity, then back to musk, then back to plum, and then to apricot, and so on, over time. The apricot is pretty stunning here. It smells like apricots in syrup, or my mum's apricot jam. And the plum note is like the ripest, juiciest, sweetest plum ever. I'm impressed at how genuine the fruit notes are!

Verdict: wow, what an amazing mixture! At first, it was all about the fruit-it reminded me of home made fruit jam. As soon as it dries and reacts with the skin, a complex and varied variety of notes come out and mingle very nicely…the fruit notes mix with florals and musk. They all seem equally blended and they are surprisingly nice altogether. And thankfully, the apricot and plum aren't too sweet-in here they seem to work nicely on my skin. I was worried this would be too sweet on me. But it's a delicious and exotic blend that took me by surprise.

In the bottle: Apricot, honey, and a twinge to dirt.

First on: The dirt (or the sweet roots maybe?) seems to take over. I'm not sure I like smelling like this. I hope the other notes come out.

Drydown: The notes have blended together to where I can now also smell the plum. It adds a nice texture to it, but I'm still smelling too much of the roots to be able to wear this one. Too bad.

Bottle: Smelt like a tropical punch Kool-Aid. As soon as I sniffed it, I fell in love with it.

Worn: Even better here. I get a sandy scent when I wear it. Reminded me of "Sex on the Beach". Not as strong as some other scents, but I think it holds its own.

Would make a great burn scent, especially if you love fruity scents. 8/10.

All I get from Yerevan is the plastic-y note I've come to associate with apricot. It's a pity, because the description of it sounded so nice, too. Damn body chemistry. :P

This is a very light scent without much staying power or throw. It pretty much doesn't move past the apricots for me, maybe a slight touch of orchid. Nice, but I'm not in love. Glad I got to try it though!

In the imp~fresh peach and apricot.

On, I get a bit of spice with a hint of musk. Something pineapple-y, as well, but very faint. Overall this is a very light, slightly sweet and spiced fruit scent on me. The spiciness keeps it from being too fruity sweet for me but alas, it fades quickly. Gone within the hour.

Lovely blend, reminds me a *bit* of Baba Yaga.

In bottle: very fruity and dark

Wet: apricot laced with the plum, still a "dark" base note..very dark and fruity. It would be a good winter scent.

Dry: a muskier note comes out and the fruitiness is toned down quite a bit...I'm really liking this a lot more than I thought. It dries a lot softer than it smells in the bottle I'm going to try it for a few more days.

In the bottle its smells fruity: like dried apricots and wood rather than jam or syrup.

After drying, there is an "apricot pit" smell a little like apricot facial scrubs ( maybe this is the sweet roots?).

The "pit" smell is what I got throughout the day. However, a sniff at my elbow yields a different and nicely blended scent: maybe the floral and the sandalwood along with the fruit - although happily none of the notes are overbearing. It makes me wonder how I smell to others - apricot pits or the blended floral/sandalwood? Dang, should have asked my dedicated cleavage-sniffer.

I really like this unusual scent: it's not cloying, doesn't smell like food, and lasts throughout the day if you slather.

My vote would be for a summer scent.

In the imp, this smelled like lovely apricots, a little lighter than March Hare to my nose. It was wispy at first, so I reapplied. Over a half hour or so, it morphed so that the fruits and musks were perfectly balanced -- and then the fruits faded and the musks/florals took over. It still smells pleasant, but it's not a *me* scent, whereas I'd like the fruits much more. Alas.

Yerevan

In the bottle: Very sweet and tangy. Halfway into my nose it smells like a crayon, then when it's all the way in, it tingles a little bit like Robitussin.

Wet, on skin: The sweetness is tempered by a dry overcoat; I can't smell either note separately. Smells like a long skirt pulled from the back of my closet on an unseasonably cool day in late spring. A baby-powder tone emerges slowly. The aura is strong; it fills the area around me quickly.

1.5 Hours on skin: The sweetness emerges as time passes. It's a complex scent, though, not just pure sweetness. It's lovely.

Drydown: Very soft and lovely. A little sweet, but wonderful.

Conclusion: Definitely one I'd use in the change of seasons - especially from spring into summer.

Edited by sun_set_bravely

Yerevan

In the bottle: sweet! Um.. fruits? Floral? Hard to tell.

Wet:sticky sweet something. Pears? Touch of apricot? Currently too much for this stomach.

Drying/4 mins: this has soften CONSIDERABLY, oh my. A bare touch of floral (rose by the description), soft sweetness that isn’t at all overwhelming. When I breathe very deeply I get dead fish ... um, not sure about my nose right now. So normal breathing gives me a VERY nice scent. Wow.

Dry/12 mins: soft vanilla fruity sweetness. No idea about the vanilla, but that’s what my nose says now! Definitely for more testing!

As usual I'm not getting anything much like the described scent here.

In the Bottle: DRIPPING honey, overripe peaches.

Dry: Honey, with a lot of astringent walnut smell. Maybe some amber. Some sweet florals. All in all pretty nice but faint and no throw.