Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Pendragon

Balsam?

I have just found a new love for the smell of Peru Balsam. What blends (besides Pothon Meter) have this in it? I am dying to know, as it is such a delicious vanilla-type scent!

TIA! :wub2:

Edited by Pendragon

That one got you, too? <3 No 93 Engine (one of my big all-time loves), does, I remember that. It's so gorgeous...!

Here's a Lab search for balsam, which should get you all the GC that have it: http://www.bpal.org/search/index.php?term=...=1&search=1

Other LEs are: Glukuprikos, Mort de Cesar (rather exciting, that one.), Farewell to False Love (last year's Lupercalia), Mourning Moon...a little searching will turn up a few more. ^_^

I'm not sure if I can pick out Peru balsam, but of the scents I've tried, it's in Kubla Khan and the aforementioned No. 93 Engine, both of which I love. On me, No. 93 engine starts off gleaming metal and dries down to a comfortable sweet warmth. Kubla Khan has a lot going on, so I imagine it's pretty dependent on skin chemistry. My nose isn't very well trained yet so it's really difficult for me to describe it, but it's definitely one of those BPALs that smells complex and unique.

I don't think there's a thread on this already; my apologies to the mods if I'm wrong!

I got a decant of U just a few days ago and evidently my skin likes balsam. A lot. U on me is pretty much single-note delicious sap-y balsam :-) Where else can I find this wonderful scent? Searching the BPAL website it looks like I should get my hands on some Bezoar, and it might be contributing to me liking No. 93 Engine, though that one's more herbal on me.

My favorite that lists balsam among the notes is Faunalia - it's pretty awesome!

Oh man. I love balsam. Sounds like I need to try Ü.

Bezoar, No. 93 Engine, Anubis, and Tombstone, and to some extent Dracul, are all good for balsam, in my experience. Especially Bezoar, where it's really the main thing going on in the scent -- the cardamom and wood are just a subtle accent to it.

(And I'll try Enyalios and Luperci at WC next weekend -- Seismo spoke highly of the former, and I've been wanting to try the latter -- and post in this thread if I remember.)

Sign in to follow this